Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
73,181 - 73,200 of 81,570 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

me too , I make mine homemade ever year. We always called it homemade ketchup. Grew up that way. We can so many things, and I still do.. Good night to you all , may your dreams , float you to a point in your life when no harm or hurt came your way, when you were at you happiest... Night all..
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck, you can call me if you want. LOL I do get a little bit stranger as the night wears on. Occasionally, I will get a call from one of my insomniac friends who knows my schedule. I never sleep through a night, haven't for the last several years. I just doze/sleep lightly, wake up and do something, then go back to bed for another night nap. When I was young, I could sleep like the dead, but as I get a little older (mind you, I didn't say old), sleep eludes me. Perhaps in my waning years, I try try to get in as much waking time as possible, because I know my years are growing short. Who knows. Sometimes, I believe that I do my best thinking in the deepest part of the night, just before the roosters crow to announce impending dawn.
I sleep really good for 4 hours, then wake up and drink coffee and do things for a couple hours then sleep a couple more hours and it does not matter whether it is night or day. Good thing I am retired and have no schedules to keep.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
and a BIRD story, haha, an Angry Bird story:
Territorial geese protect turf
CNN|Added on March 2, 2013
Angry geese stake claim at a California park
http://www.cnn.com/video/...
Those geese can be very mean, more so than the domestic variety. There was almost always a flock of Canadian Geese on the track when we raced our horses at Foxboro. They would sometimes interfere with the race, sometimes causing horses to go off-pace or they would get in the way when horses were coming down the stretch. I was always worried that they would cause an accident, but the geese always managed to move in the nick of time. Who knows, maybe they wanted to be official race timers.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

My computer is running as slow as molasses, and I need to call back my friend who is in personal crisis.(please continue to say a pray for her; she is a really kind-hearted soul). Hope my computer does better tomorrow. It's been two days since the slow-down began, taking forever to load. I'm very frustrated with it. I wish I had AW's patience, but after having lightning-fast downloading, I am really aggravated with this thing. If anyone has ideas how I could fix this, please comment. And, no, I don't use PC matic.com . That's the biggest ripoff I've ever seen. So , goodnight, folks, pleasant dreams. Lord willing, I will talk to everyone tomorrow.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Hello Ancient Wolf, lala, and so true. I hope you have a restful/peaceful night. I read this story and thought about our Native American stories we had going early on in the thread when the birds were no longer dropping dead. I loved those legends. I seen a Cardinal today in my front yard so I feel priviledged as I am every time I see them. Beautiful Kentucky State Bird. The only Cardinals that I like. lol

Great Spirit sent me to this beautiful story first thing this morning, it has a powerful message for everyone! Enjoy!

LEGEND OF THE RED FEATHER
BY MAREN MILLER -“PAINT THE SKY”
CREE TRIBE

Many moons ago there was a mighty Indian tribe. The tribe was led by a wise chief who made sure the members of the tribe were well fed, kind, generous, and respectful of nature. The chief had a young son and daughter who were wise and kind, like their father.

The tribe had a special award that it gave to young braves. It was called simply the “Red Feather”. The Red Feather represented spirit and character. It was given to those braves who lived by a moral code and set a good example for others by being courteous, respectful, considerate, and friendly.

One day the chief’s son was awarded the Red Feather for a special act of kindness to the tribe. The chief’s daughter asked when she might receive a Red Feather too. The chief laughed. The Red Feather, he explained, was only for braves of the tribe. No princess had ever received the Red Feather. The princess felt this was very unfair.

One winter, there was a terrible sickness that spread through the tribe. Everyone was very, very ill except the chief’s daughter who, for some reason, had not become sick. While she was tending to her father, he explained to her that none of the braves were well enough to search for a special plant that contained medicine that could make the tribe well. It was up to her to find the plant and bring it back to the tribe. She was their only hope.

The princess set off into the cold, dark woods to find the plant. She walked miles and miles, through deep snow and freezing wind. She saw spooky eyes in the trees and heard the howling of coyotes all around her. She was often scared and hungry, but she knew she must go on. She must find the special plant to help her tribe.

With the help of the Great Spirit and her willingness to sacrifice for others, she found the plant hidden deep in the woods and brought it back to her father the chief. Thanks to her bravery and sacrifice, the tribe was able to make the needed medicine and everyone was cured. When she awoke the next morning she found a large red feather painted on her tee pee and was given a special Red Feather to wear in her hair. She was the first princess to ever receive such an honor.

Her father gathered all of the tribe around her and said,“We have been foolish to only award the Red Feather to braves. My princess has taught us all that character, spirit and sacrifice are qualities found in all of us, not just braves.

From this day forward the Red Feather will be given to any brave or princess who demonstrates these qualities.”

And that is the Legend of the Red Feather. Ya-Ta-Hay!

May Great Spirit bring Red Feathers to all of you today as you walk your path as kind, generous, and respectful of nature and others! Aho!

Love this story.

Have a good night everyone!

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I sleep really good for 4 hours, then wake up and drink coffee and do things for a couple hours then sleep a couple more hours and it does not matter whether it is night or day. Good thing I am retired and have no schedules to keep.
That's been my sleep pattern for most of my life. You just learn to work with it and make it work for you. I like my middle of the night awake times now.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood
Man

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Who cares they are birds and fish, and by the way . It's the weather we been haveing. Here and other places too

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Hi wonderful bird peeps!!

I decided to shut the computer down for a few days for some quite thinking and real life peace. I did miss talking to you all though! There are times that I have to get away from the nastiness of the other threads on Topix for a while. You can't help but see them as you scour the titles and sometimes they make me extremely angry at the human race.. Some people are surely twisted to get on here and talk about someone else the way they do, and doing it behind the keyboard like a coward.. And the vulgarity in some of it? Just oh my God..

Rapid, I'm going to change my eyeball for you darlin'. It's apparent that I should have NEVER placed this florescent green thing on here, ROFLMBO!! I'm sorry. As soon as I click "post" on here, I'll run through my eyeballs icons and find a more serene one for ya, okay?

Lala, I'll keep your friend in my prayers. I promise!

AB, I so adore those links you place every day. Keep'em coming please!!

AW, I can't believe your phone and internet are STILL messed up!! This is a good time to call them and, um, "negotiate" your plan, hehe.
(Been there, done that).
You'd be surprised how agreeable they can be when you imply that you're going to switch providers.
:)

Blue, glad to see you too!! I trust your dear dad is still doing well? How much longer does he have to stay in rehab? I pray that he heals quickly and can get back to life, hopefully with your siblings closer now!!

Hemp, don't know where you are, but I was watching "Pawn Stars" last night and a man brought in what he thought was a genuine Katana, and of course he was wanting MAJOR bucks. Sadly, he had a fake.. Of course I thought of you and your new one, knowing that YOU have the real deal..

"Belie", don't know where you are, but hope things are well.

Didn't see "Imposter" while I was catching up. I hope the new part time job is going good and his change jar fills up quickly, hehe.

And hello to the 'newbies'!!!! Welcome to the bird thread!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Sorry, that first paragraph should have read QUIET thinking. Please forgive.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

OH ROAMING!! I forgot to say hi to you too! Hope you're well??
:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
That's been my sleep pattern for most of my life. You just learn to work with it and make it work for you. I like my middle of the night awake times now.
Hi, Miss E. You're right. With bouts of insomnia, you really DO get used to your middle of the night wake up times. It gets to the point that you adjust quite well!! It doesn't aggravate me near as much as it used to!!
OhioJeepGirl

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

((((Hugs))))

Miss you guys. I will start posting more again tomorrow. I have missed so much the past few months that it may take awhile to catch up.

Looks like we have made it to the last pope.=) Our anagram would like that Cardinal Tarcisio Pietro Evasio Bertone's first name is an anagram for Iscariot. Another interesting fact is that the last pope is "Petrus Romanus" and Pietro is Italian for Peter and Bertone was born in Romano Canavese, Italy. I wonder if he will be the one chosen to fulfill St. Malachy's prophecy?

I am a little tired. Came home late and need to get up early, but I will catch up a bit and post tomorrow. <yawn>

Peace-Salaam-Shalom!(Kind of a signature for those that know me. lol Those that don't would not understand). Yeah, it is me.=)~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Welcome back, OJG! Glad you're settle in enough to start posting again!! Talk to you tomorrow hopefully then!!
OhioJeepGirl

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

(((Nope))) Sorry, I was catching up a bit. Great to see you! Yeah, I will be posting again.=) It is like coming home! ha!

Sweet dreams.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

It's good to have you back. I have to try to do what I promised Rapid, and change this florescent green eyeball before we loose him, hehe. I'll be back on in a little bit.
(With a different eyeball)....
ROFLMBO!!
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
That bad wreck made national news south of Elizabethtown (in betty's neck of the woods) and then the stories keep coming. Sad that family died when hit by the semi. I hope Blue, betty's hubby and any other truckers we know weren't involved or held up by that wreck. Wonder if that is where betty was saying is too curvy and if it is where they have had many wrecks.
the curvy part is between Upton and Sonora. curvy, hills, and potholes....

these wrecks were in between Sonora and Glendale where there is a little bridge/drainage thingy that constantly sinks in and creates a pot hole and large dent that will toss you if your not holding onto the wheel. there's also another bad spot between exit 93 and Glendale right past the scales going south bound. they are always out there patching it, but they never get it even.... the news said the truck driver rear ended them but i wonder if it didn't happen just like this one wreck i remember from a few years ago that was in that very spot. in that one, a car was in the left lane and the truck was just behind them in the right lane going south, when the car hit the indent in the road, the car was lurched into the left lane and front of the truck and the truck had no choice but hit them in rear and send them both into the concrete wall that runs the length of the bridge. the car pretty much burst into flames on impact.

its a really sad situation all around, whats even sadder is that because of how many years i have lived/ traveled/ worked in this area i can tell you that this spot is a known problem..... any cop who has worked accident scenes in that area would say the same.... but they do nothing about it.... instead they keep building pointless highways to B.F.E ahem...i mean Brandenburg and circles in Rinyville, and letting the roads most traveled fall apart. gotta love that... the crooked-wealth of Kentucky strikes again.

if i have to go south i stick to 31w all the way down to horse cave....... yes its ten miles lower on the speed limit but i have no wish to hurry up and die. plus i get to look at the cows.

off soap box and back to bed for me. playing hooky from work tomorrow cause my relatives forgot to take their plague with them when they left Saturday.

yay! jpf stopped in today :)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
My routine for many years also. Having spent many years in developing computer software, I find that those hours are the best times to resolve issues and it is just easier to think outside the box at those times.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
AW, I can't believe your phone and internet are STILL messed up!! This is a good time to call them and, um, "negotiate" your plan, hehe.
(Been there, done that).
You'd be surprised how agreeable they can be when you imply that you're going to switch providers.
It is not a cell phone with numerous providers, but the land line with only one provider in the area. Here in the boondocks, I have tried several cell phone providers and none will get a decent signal here so close to the limestone palisades along the rivers. So I don't have a cell phone at all. My understanding is that AT&T had a major cable interrupt that even affected my provider.. Windstream. It seems to all be working now, and I have just needed to call upon my patience.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

so true wrote:
me too , I make mine homemade ever year. We always called it homemade ketchup. Grew up that way. We can so many things, and I still do.. Good night to you all , may your dreams , float you to a point in your life when no harm or hurt came your way, when you were at you happiest... Night all..
We have homemade green tomato ketchup too and include cabbage in it, but commonly refer to it as "chow chow". But I am out of the homemade, and had to get the store bought sweet pickle relish.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

61 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
More Urban losers 52 min LouisvilleKYreport 1
STUDY: Louisville third most unhappy city in U.S. 54 min LouisvilleKYreport 3
Another West End Loser 56 min LouisvilleKYreport 3
Mitch McConnell 2 hr hovel 13
Johnny Masters - persistent criminal offender (Oct '13) 2 hr lol 7
Cardinal shower Enclosures 4 hr Jane 4
Growing up at St .Thomas St .Vincent Orphanage ? (Sep '10) 6 hr cynthia boling 72
•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••