Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86203 Feb 20, 2013
Good morning birdthreaders, chilly 28 degrees but the birds are singing like it is Spring. Makes me happy to hear that before the alarm. lol

Ancient Wolf, lala, Hempburn, misty-eyed, true, Blueminer, and Belie I am sorry I missed you all yesterday. I had a similiar day/night like Aw and thoroughly enjoyable. Got home late and didn't even bother with the computer. I thought I might sleep in a little this morning but body alarm and the birds coaxed me out of bed like I had somewhere to be. haha

Ancient Wolf, happy you had a good evening with company other than dog. It sounds like it was quite enjoyable.

Hempburn, stranger things have worked I guess besides WD40. Water is the best I guess, if you can swim or sit in a hot tub (my favorite). I am glad you checked in with us. I hope you are having fun with little biscuit.

betty, that cracked me up about your wake up to the roof piece falling and going back to sleep to let hubby take care of it. lol

lala, I enjoyed your posts that I missed.I love to hear a couple owls communicating with each other.My sister had a similiar experience like you with the horse feed but it was a squirrel camped out having dinner.

so true, what beautiful words and thoughts. I am so glad you joined us to inspire us even more.

Blueminer, I am so happy things are getting better with your Dad. Any little thing you do for or with him will tighten the bonds and that is what matters. I always said that if we are still breathing we have an opportunity to make things right with our loved ones if need be.

Where's "Nope". I didn't see any post from her yesterday. Just the ones I missed late Monday. I hope she is feeling better. I am curious what she discovered from her google map markings. Hope that sinkhole has eased off. Those things scare me. Like lala, I think those things could potentially set off earthquakes/Madrid Fault. Especially the huge one in Louisiana.

I see we had a few newbies popping in and maybe even grandpa Imposter with great post on hemp. It certainly would help Kentucky's economy. At one time I read if Ky was a hemp growing country we would be 3rd in the world. I know my Dad told us stories of them growing it for rope etc for the war...when he was a child, I guess that is why it still grows wild in some places. He grew up in a Eastern Kentucky coal miner's town.

I hope everyone has a wonderful warm day inside. I am not sure I am going anywhere today. I have somemore projects on my list to finish, i.e. closets, drawers, kitchen cabinets etc...I want to get done before the real SPRING gets here so all I have to do is maybe windows and such for spring cleaning. I am ready for outdoor activities. These warm days have been a great preview.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86204 Feb 20, 2013
Here you go Hempburn, lala, Ancient Wolf, I think you can appreciate this little guy and his Arthur. lol It was on The Today Show a few minutes ago. Too cute.

Healing hoops: Sea otter plays basketball to ease arthritis

Eddie, a 15-year-old sea otter at the Oregon Zoo, practices shooting baskets at the Oregon Zoo. The activity is designed to help Eddie keep flexibility in his arthritic shoulder joints.

http://animaltracks.today.com/_news/2013/02/1...

Is that not adorable.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86205 Feb 20, 2013
Love this one. It just makes you smile.

Witness the moments when kids and animals interact at the zoo

Sometimes instant bonds can form between kids and animals at a zoo, even if there is glass or a fence in between. And sometimes zoo animals think of kids as prey, which can make for very awkward encounters. We've gathered 10 examples of these interactions here. We hope they bring back only fond memories of your own visits to the zoo.

http://now.msn.com/zoo-animal-kids-encounters...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86206 Feb 20, 2013
so true inspired me to post one of my favorite great quotes by an extraordinary woman. God Bless her.

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.

If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.

For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”

― Mother Teresa

That last line is so true.
Blueminer

United States

#86208 Feb 20, 2013
Beautiful!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86209 Feb 20, 2013
Hi Blueminer, I missed you looking up the sinkhole updates and distracted by other videos on the sidebar. Wow, there is a lot going on with those sinkholes, earthquakes, space events, loud booms, hello....clues. We might need to get prepared for something big. Obviously the gov't is with the FEMA camps and ammo increase for DHS. Who knows. Everyday's a GIFT. I am going to keep enjoying it, but be vigilant of what is happening around us. No sense getting blindsighted by it when it happens right?

Hope you are having a great day, and sorry you can't watch the cute videos or even these scary ones I am posting next for lala and Nope. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86210 Feb 20, 2013
Oh yeah, and for Belie (Sybil) too, this was the latest update I could find:

SINKHOLE UPDATE: Feb. 19, 2013
Published on Feb 19, 2013
Official: Louisiana sinkhole going to be in record books - The scientists are really baffled (audio)...

SINKHOLE UPDATE 2: Feb. 19, 2013
Radio: New levee around giant sinkhole to eventually collapse?- Official: "It's kind of frightening we don't have a handle on this thing" (audio)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Mysterious Loud Booms; Pensacola, FL Boom 2/6/13; New Madrid Earthquake
Published on Feb 6, 2013
Exploring the widespread mystery booms in the United States. What are they? What causes them? Do they indicate that a major earthquake is coming? Have they preceded major earthquakes before? With a lot of help from an academic paper by Gold and Soter, I offer some explanations.

Note: I don't consider the research anywhere near completed, obviously. And I hope to continue looking into this in future videos.

Note also: Louisiana sinkhole "bubbling" may be related--
http://www.youtube.com/watch... ...

Flashing beams update: Feb. 19, 2013

ALERT!!! EARTHQUAKE ACTIVITY NOW at Bayou Corne Assumption Parish ground

Booms and earthquakes seem to be related from these maps and info. Not looking good for the Madrid Fault region. More earthquakes in the last ten years. Is it heading for the BIG ONE. Might be why they are getting the FEMA camps ready and HS purchasing extra ammo for the unrest it would surely cause. Belie, you have been telling us such things for two years. Not such a conspiracy thought now. There are so many references to the Madrid Fault blowing in videos on the side of these I have posted. I will check some of them out later. Some are long videos....but they obviously think these sinkholes and loud booms are related to things to come in the Madrid Fault. Pretty scary. Hope everyone has their bug out bags and survival kits ready. This could be the year.

There are so many videos on these subjects I could be busy for a couple hours watching them. They all seem to have that common thread. Earthquakes
Blueminer

United States

#86211 Feb 20, 2013
I'm going to the library shortly to check some things out.

Meanwhile the Blueminer is still returning to his old self. Please nobody be offended if you read my posts elsewhere. I gotta be me, anything else is just plain unhealthy.
Waiyusotan

Morehead, KY

#86212 Feb 20, 2013
Did anybody find out why the birds fell from the sky? I would like to know. Only thing that I have read is YADA YADA. Nothing pretaining to the subject at hand. Just wondering!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86213 Feb 20, 2013
Waiyusotan wrote:
Did anybody find out why the birds fell from the sky? I would like to know. Only thing that I have read is YADA YADA. Nothing pretaining to the subject at hand. Just wondering!
You would have to go back 70,000+ comments and look. OR, look it up yourself. We can't discuss it anymore. The BIRDS quit dropping dead. Don't like YADA YADA just move on. We won't miss you.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86214 Feb 20, 2013
After all those videos...

Today has been a busy day for large earthquakes. They have some minor ones in Nevada, Utah, Washington, Hawaii but Alaska and California are rocking. Here is our Madrid Fault one, even though it is low, here lately when there is one in Tn it is in this town.

Ridgely, Tennessee
Magnitude: 1.2

Alaska
Magnitude: 5.4

California
Magnitude: 4.3

Elsewhere:

Argentina
Magnitude: 5.2

Peru
Magnitude: 5.1

Guyane, French Guiana
Magnitude: 5.0

Solomon Islands
Magnitude: 4.9

China
Magnitude: 4.9

Chili
Magnitude: 4.8

Taiwan
Magnitude: 4.5

Russia
Magnitude: 4.5

Mexico
Magnitude: 4.3

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/

Global has all the earthquakes and lots of hazards listed.

Click on the US (North America)
map and check out the storm coming our way.

Where is everyone? lol Hope you are having a great afternoon.
aorta torta

AOL

#86215 Feb 20, 2013
millions of birds
The blackbirds and starlings blacken the sky of Hopkinsville, Kentucky, before roosting at dusk, turn the landscape white with bird poop, and they can kill a dog or even people .

Although the birds have not yet turned on humans , vicious attacks are possible , and the city has taken defensive measures.

"I have seen them come in, and there are enough that if the sun is just right, they'll cloud your vision of the sun," said Hopkinsville-Christian County historian William Turner. "I estimate there are millions of them."

Level 2

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#86216 Feb 20, 2013
A nice little site I just found.

http://ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com/2013/0...

Level 2

Scotts Vegas

#86217 Feb 20, 2013
Check out this video. It's kind of long but very interesting nonetheless. I'm posting it for haarp doubters.

http://ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com/catego...

Level 2

Scotts Vegas

#86218 Feb 20, 2013
More scary sink hole info. Ireally hope this link takes.

http://lasinkhole.wordpress.com/

Level 2

Scotts Vegas

#86219 Feb 20, 2013
Another site I find interesting.

http://strangesounds.org/interactive-strange-...

Hope I'm not overdoing it.

Level 2

Scotts Vegas

#86220 Feb 20, 2013
I may have forgot to say hey to Hempburn earlier, so hey Hempburn.

And Qwerty as always you still crack me up.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#86221 Feb 20, 2013
Hi Blue! Nice to see you posting from a regular IP and using your registered moniker!! Also glad to read that your father is doing better. Congrats on the start of the emotional healing process for your entire family too, by the way.

Thanks for the earthquake links, AB. Interesting. And a bit unsettling... I wonder if we're going to have another big one within the next few days? It seems to be a pattern when little tumblers start up like that. It wouldn't surprise me to hear of a major shaker hitting somewhere within the next couple of days.

AW, I was pleased to read about your dinner companion and how much you enjoyed yourself!! I wish I could find it in myself to 'mingle' once again. I'm just not into it. Still feel like it'd be an intrusion into my tranquility.. I'm an odd one, no doubt. Even when I was married or in a relationship, I was a very comfortable loner.

Betty? Girl, you cracked me up!! I've had a piece of ceiling fall in the middle of the night before. It scared the pee out of me, but you took it in such stride, hehe! Good move on making it "hubby's deal", ROFLMBO!!

And now, updating on the rogue possum problem:
It's been relocated and I told it to be careful out there. I also apologized to it for taking it so far away from where it was born. I didn't post yesterday that I found a large chunk bitten out of one of my hens' waddles. I WAS SO PISSED OFF!! That's one lucky possum. Apparently, one lucky hen too. A fraction of an inch and it's head probably would've been severed and it would have bled to death.. That would have been a definite "shooting" offense. I hope that possums siblings are aware of Nopes rules.
THERE ARE NO FREE CHICKEN DINNERS AROUND HERE AND EGG HEISTS WILL BE DEALT WITH APPROPRIATELY!!
<<wink wink>>
(All joking aside, another reason I didn't shoot that varmint and probably the biggest reason? It's because I grabbed the 20 gage on my way out the door when I heard a ruckus going on and after I got out there to see what it was, I didn't want to blow a gaping hole in the wall or floor of my coop. ROFLMBO)!!!!

I'm going to go out now and repair that portion of the floor where he got in though. I put a cinder block down over it that night..

If I missed saying howdy to anyone, please forgive. I'm getting a late start on my daily chores.

Chat later, taters!

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#86222 Feb 20, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
I may have forgot to say hey to Hempburn earlier, so hey Hempburn.

And Qwerty as always you still crack me up.
Hi Blueminer. Don't forget about me
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86223 Feb 20, 2013
Hey Blueminer, that site was awesome and the video is of all legit sites..i.e. NASA, Discovery, etc..

That one featured was very interesting:

Energy from Space
&fe ature=youtu.be
Published on Jan 21, 2013
1) The climate change is real, and there is more to it than CO2 and 'global warming'- it is all extremes.
2) The entire solar system appears to be changing simultaneously.
3) The magnetic changes on earth began hundreds of years ago, and need to be tracked more effectively.
4) Weather modification appears to be implemented, and IMHO it is a zero-sum game.

Fact vs Opinion: The 'Weather Modification' segment contains many statements of my personal opinion on the negative aspects of the various applications. I have nothing but my humble opinion on those matters; humans survived this event before, and we can do it again now.

HAARP comments are meant to help focus our efforts to properly identify these various machines of modification. While auroral modulation has it's benefits, my negative comments about weather modification applies to HAARP as well.

Music: Instrumentals by HOT100, version of 'Ambition' by Wale, Meek Mill & Rick Ross

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/ ...
9:31 & 11:10 (15 min video) time shows Chemtrails, it still amazes me that people will see the sky like this and think it is contrails. Those pictures are exactly like I have seen in my area.

Worth the viewing. I know Belie will watch them and maybe lala. I will check out the other ones. Nice to see your avatar again. I like that one :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cts russell half way house (Mar '11) 3 hr Roo 59
Thomas Clay Jr. (Apr '14) 9 hr hereyougo 4
Dana "Soserious" Cox. ..... (Jun '14) 10 hr Say_it_aint_true 7
KFC yum! center 12 hr ForumCommando 15
Tymberwood trace apts 14 hr mudslinger 3
Review: Allen's Moves Are Us (Jul '09) Tue givemeabreak 14
white girls or miexed Tue JCM 1
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web