Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,626)

Showing posts 72,501 - 72,520 of81,563
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Waiyusotan wrote:
<quoted text> Need something fresh! this stuff is boring. Time for a change!Like they are stuck in one TIME WARP!
It's an encyclopedia of useful information. Free information!
Hmmm

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

qwerty wrote:
The tactless Moon and impatient Sun clash as Uranus and Pluto are under pressure, making you considerably more testy than usual, try not to let them get the best of you. Make them sit in a corner until they learn how to behave. You may be suffering from the effects of recent stress, so try to take a walk in the park or knock down a twelve pack for some light relief. You feel much more sleepy later in the day, when the Moon switches gear to chatty Gemini.
Definitely more testy, and sleepy

I think this is a nice site btw
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Happy President's Day folks. I guess those that work for the banks and the government can enjoy a day off. Those that don't will just have to suffer until they can reach the point that getting old allows. Getting old is not ALL bad as long as you have chickens and a wood stove for entertainment and can keep Arthur out of the house. lol

I was watching a thing on Nat Geo channel that was using old scraps of cloth to extract DNA from Abe Lincoln's death. They were trying to prove that he was dying anyways from MEN2B, a form of cancer and showed 2 photos taken just 13 months a part. Others were claiming in was not cancer at all, but the war that had aged him so much. Interesting.

Too bad Ol' Una is not around. We could make plans to go to the Dollar Store and Sav-a-Lot this coming Wednesday and spend our mutual monthly stipend. Dollar Store won't be the same anymore. I won't know what NOT to get.
why

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Why does'n this thread ever go away? Most of these birds have lone since passed on. It just jams up the other topics.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

why wrote:
Why does'n this thread ever go away? Most of these birds have lone since passed on. It just jams up the other topics.
Your thought processes are totally out of whack. Get off the dope, Dope.
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Top of the morning to you all..... Hope yall had a excellent weekend.... A little nippy here.. Rise and shine the early morning , shine your light all thru the day , ya know the God Lord loves ya, and I do as well.... What my granny always said each morning when she woke me ... Oh what I would give to have that wake up call again.... Yall have a great and safe day , gotta hit it...Bye and hugs...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

why wrote:
From what I read on some of the other topics, they need some jamming.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Still having a good bird day!!There are so many of them out. They love the windy weather.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Good morning bird threaders, great sunny day, birds out everywhere, no wind yet, just a chilly morning so far. Love the birds singing and reminding us that Spring is right around the corner. I see we still have the whiners wanting the thread gone. This one isn't going anywhere any more than the 4 randpaul sites are. Those adverstisements at the side and all they "highlight" in each post is money in the bank for topix. I still think this one is the best. Every other posts on those sites are full of hate, gloom and doom and reminds me of a bumper sticker I seen in 2008.."Opponent, not enemy" or something like that.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Here is some news on the Eagles I watch:

A BIRD story:

Raptor Resource Project
&#8206;~ 2-17-13 First Egg at Fort St Vrain Eagle's Nest ~

We have the first egg at the Fort St Vrain Eagle's nest for the 2013 season, 7:09pm CT (6:09pm MT). Congratulations to Mom!
Video thanks to priscillash1...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Another BIRD story....creepy for North Carolina haha

Turkey vultures flock to North Carolina town, await Hitchcock remake

Even if you haven't seen Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds," you probably know what it's about. So when a bunch of them uncharacteristically roost in one area, there's reason to get nervous, even if it's based in movie fiction. But the residents of Shelby, N.C., aren't just creeped out by the turkey vultures that have been encamped along Peach Street since fall. They're disgusted, too. The big birds won't make off with a pet as their next meal, but they leave their last one all over the lawn. And people have been warned not to scare them off because, well, they'll puke. "It's their defense mechanism," explained Kristen Duren, an intern in the county extension office. "They think you will eat that instead of them." Hey, that's what a vulture would do.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/turkey-vultures-swarm-nort...
sad but true

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

If the general public knew half of what the government covered up it would amaze them 90% don't understand the U.S. is a business your birth certificate is a stock on wall street don't believe me look it up its ran by the central bank FBI CIA NASA none are ran by the US look it up the last
17 presidents asterisk members of a secret organization started by the rockafellers and a few other rich families if people only knew or cared

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

why wrote:
This thread exists independently, and does not "jam up the other topics." If you like it, what's your hurry, stay awhile. If you don't, do what I do, just scroll on by.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

People don't understand the thread. It's all good.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Happy President's Day folks. I guess those that work for the banks and the government can enjoy a day off. Those that don't will just have to suffer until they can reach the point that getting old allows. Getting old is not ALL bad as long as you have chickens and a wood stove for entertainment and can keep Arthur out of the house. lol
I was watching a thing on Nat Geo channel that was using old scraps of cloth to extract DNA from Abe Lincoln's death. They were trying to prove that he was dying anyways from MEN2B, a form of cancer and showed 2 photos taken just 13 months a part. Others were claiming in was not cancer at all, but the war that had aged him so much. Interesting.
Too bad Ol' Una is not around. We could make plans to go to the Dollar Store and Sav-a-Lot this coming Wednesday and spend our mutual monthly stipend. Dollar Store won't be the same anymore. I won't know what NOT to get.
What's your secret? How do you keep Arthur out of the house. He's been camped at my place for the last couple of years. This unwelcome guest gets worse by the day, and I cannot evict him...no way, no how. He cries when he sees a sad movie, and I cry when I see him.

As for Abe Lincoln, he did have some kind of disease that interfered with his health and bone growth. He had abnormally large hands and his skeletal structure grew in an abnormal way. I seem to have forgotten what it was called...perhaps Marphans syndrome. I will have to look it up and correct my answer if necesssary.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

@Oglala.. there was a debate as to whether Lincoln suffered with Marphans or Men2B, possibly both. As for Arthur, he cares very little for Ibuprofen and lots of exercise. I just keep going even when it hurts.

Veteran's doctor told me that about 4 Ibuprofen taken all at once would do as good as anything prescribed, and he was right or at least for my visits from Arthur.

My bigger and better wood stove is working beautifully after I remodeled the chimney and about froze Saturday night. Arthur especially likes the cold. Only thing is, the new stove will need more wood and we are planning to cut and split some more this afternoon.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

sad but true wrote:
If the general public knew half of what the government covered up it would amaze them 90% don't understand the U.S. is a business your birth certificate is a stock on wall street don't believe me look it up its ran by the central bank FBI CIA NASA none are ran by the US look it up the last
17 presidents asterisk members of a secret organization started by the rockafellers and a few other rich families if people only knew or cared
Last I learned was that I'm sixteenth Cherokee, half Scot, half Irish. Let any man says he owns me tell me to my face...Yes, the government distorts the truth. Just read about the Native Americans from prehistorical days.All we can do is be decent to our fellow humans and be helpful not the other way, hanging from a noose or shot between the eyes.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Not half Irish.Less than 25 percent.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your secret? How do you keep Arthur out of the house. He's been camped at my place for the last couple of years. This unwelcome guest gets worse by the day, and I cannot evict him...no way, no how. He cries when he sees a sad movie, and I cry when I see him.
As for Abe Lincoln, he did have some kind of disease that interfered with his health and bone growth. He had abnormally large hands and his skeletal structure grew in an abnormal way. I seem to have forgotten what it was called...perhaps Marphans syndrome. I will have to look it up and correct my answer if necesssary.
All that work will help combat Arthur. I have read about some exercises - basic yoga or something- that help with slowing down to almost eliminating the symptoms. That exercise has to help. LOL.Just take breaks though. That ticker needs TLC.
Waiyusotan

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

CONFUCIUS: Man who eat prunes get good run for money.
Hermit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

country hick wrote:
more birds fell today
Great Scott !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,501 - 72,520 of81,563
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mitch McConnell 36 min Pale Rider 22
marcie vause,christian vause charles vause 4 hr rick mitchell davis 1
Diondra Townsend that works at Thorntons 4 hr NeNe 1
christian vause ( chris vause) 5 hr rick mitchell davis 3
Chantal at United Parcel Service, Louisville, KY 9 hr BarefootJoe 1
Amanda Hale / B H Wreaths 10 hr Lol 2
Who is Alison Lundergan Grimes? 10 hr going down 5
•••
•••