Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,719

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#86094 Feb 17, 2013
marvin gardens wrote:
3634 pages of discussion because a few hundred birds died. Don't tell these people about Thanksgiving or KFC, the entire site would crash.
This thread is like purgatory. You are stuck here till you post enough comments to offset all the "flipped a bird" you gave people through the years
Waiyusotan

Morehead, KY

#86095 Feb 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is like purgatory. You are stuck here till you post enough comments to offset all the "flipped a bird" you gave people through the years
Need something fresh! this stuff is boring. Time for a change!Like they are stuck in one TIME WARP!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86096 Feb 17, 2013
Hello bird threaders. I hope you had a good of a day as I did. Family, good food, and bowling. haha
We had a blast. Couple gutter balls then it all came back to me like it was yesterday. Awesome. I am sure I will feel it in the morning.

I see we are still getting some whiners about the thread. Thousands and thousands of threads to troll and they just can't stand the bird thread. Too funny.

Here are a couple of cute dog/cat videos that will make you smile. Most of you anyway. lol

Check out these cats with invisible shopping carts, bikes and more
Cat owners are all too familiar with their cats intently watching and meowing at stuff that isn't there.(Except for when it’s a ghost — then you move out immediately. Don't be like those dummies in the movies.) But part of cat ownership is candid, "how'd-that-happen?" photos in which Fluffy seems to be interacting with something that was later Photoshopped out by some cat hater for a kitty smear campaign, which we all know is a thing.(Hey, we've seen this sort of thing before.) Thankfully, some good-humored people have taken these improbable photos and given them the cute captions they deserve.
http://now.msn.com/invisible-cat-memes-a-phot...

Adorable Canine Couple Have a Romantic Valentine's Day Dinner
It's hard to decide if this video is adorable or hilarious! Two doggie diners go out to eat at a restaurant and cuteness overload ensues! Now this is how you truly make a pet part of the family.:)
http://www.godvine.com/Dog-Dinner-fb-gv-2850....

Hope everyone is having a good evening. Didn't see Hempburn or Nope on here today. Or Imposter. Hope they drop in.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86097 Feb 17, 2013
Sad story with a happy ending. I hope whoever did this to that service dog and this Veteran has something wrapped around their neck someday.

Florida man reunited with stolen dog used as fighting bait

Ten months after a German shepherd was stolen from Bob Moreland’s Miramar, Fla., home, the canine is back in his owner's loving arms after a horrifying ordeal.

Tears of joy streamed down Moreland’s face when he was reunited with the dog, Black Jack.
“I didn’t know I’d ever see him again,” said Moreland, a retired Air Force sergeant.

Somehow, Black Jack ended up wandering around Century Village in Pembroke Pines. Laurie Simmons, the president of Big Dog Ranch Rescue in Wellington, was notified and sent volunteer Eric Weinberger to help bring the dog to safety.
But when Weinberger arrived, he was alarmed by what he saw.

“I saw this God-awful collar around his neck I’ve never seen before,” Weinberger said.“Laurie told me it was a collar used for bait dog in a dog-fighting ring.”

Black Jack was being used as a bait dog, and a chain with raw meat also had been attached to his neck to lure dogs to fight. The dog was maimed.
“The collar had worn through his skin,” said Dr. Susan Baker.“It was so tight it had imbedded into his flesh.”

The volunteers and staff worked to nurse the dog back to health and reunite him with his owner. The dog’s implanted microchip led them to Moreland.
And now, Moreland and volunteers at the rescue try to erase the horror Black Jack endured.

Now safe from harm, the dog is on the road to recovery.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/17/16... -
marvin gardens

Berea, KY

#86098 Feb 17, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha seems there's a thread like this on any message board that has a lot of members. I figured the discussion flew out the window long ago. I will go back to trolling elsewhere now. Have a nice day.
Waiyosanut

Winchester, KY

#86099 Feb 17, 2013
Waiyusotan wrote:
<quoted text> Need something fresh! this stuff is boring. Time for a change!Like they are stuck in one TIME WARP!
then you're nuts for being here
marvin gardens

Berea, KY

#86100 Feb 17, 2013
I think I am trapped in the dead bird vortex now. It keeps showing up on my reply tracker.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86101 Feb 17, 2013
Hello Belie, how are you? I hope you are having a great evening. The weekend just flew by. I thought of you and OJG when I read this. Didn't you two talk about water resources way back when?

Georgia pols ramp up campaign to shift Tennessee border, siphon water supply

Georgia residents are thirsty for Tennessee water. And state lawmakers are willing to try and move the border in order to get it.

Lawmakers in Atlanta, at the start of a new legislative session, are quickly moving to renew efforts to tap into Tennessee’s water supply by contesting the state’s border with its northern neighbor. The Georgia House of Representatives voted 171-2 this week to adopt a resolution seeking a thin strip of land leading to the Tennessee River.

That would give drought-parched Georgia a slice of the water rights. Tennessee lawmakers say Georgia can keep dreaming -- and they are ready to do whatever it takes to protect their water from Peach State poachers

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/17/wa...

Level 1

Location hidden

#86102 Feb 17, 2013
marvin gardens wrote:
<quoted text>Haha seems there's a thread like this on any message board that has a lot of members. I figured the discussion flew out the window long ago. I will go back to trolling elsewhere now. Have a nice day.
I tend to stay in my Winchester playground.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#86103 Feb 17, 2013
Bird Story

After eight days, hooo 'ya gonna call, for an owl rescue?

A Greer family got an unexpected visitor in their chimney who just couldn't leave.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/After-eight-days-hooo-ya...

Gotta love your firefighters.
qwerty

United States

#86104 Feb 17, 2013
The tactless Moon and impatient Sun clash as Uranus and Pluto are under pressure, making you considerably more testy than usual, try not to let them get the best of you. Make them sit in a corner until they learn how to behave. You may be suffering from the effects of recent stress, so try to take a walk in the park or knock down a twelve pack for some light relief. You feel much more sleepy later in the day, when the Moon switches gear to chatty Gemini.

Level 1

Location hidden

#86105 Feb 17, 2013
marvin gardens wrote:
I think I am trapped in the dead bird vortex now. It keeps showing up on my reply tracker.
It's the abyss-- it's like Dante's inferno 6 more stages and you're good
Blueminer

United States

#86106 Feb 17, 2013
Waiyusotan wrote:
<quoted text> Need something fresh! this stuff is boring. Time for a change!Like they are stuck in one TIME WARP!
It's an encyclopedia of useful information. Free information!
Hmmm

Paris, KY

#86107 Feb 17, 2013
qwerty wrote:
The tactless Moon and impatient Sun clash as Uranus and Pluto are under pressure, making you considerably more testy than usual, try not to let them get the best of you. Make them sit in a corner until they learn how to behave. You may be suffering from the effects of recent stress, so try to take a walk in the park or knock down a twelve pack for some light relief. You feel much more sleepy later in the day, when the Moon switches gear to chatty Gemini.
Definitely more testy, and sleepy

I think this is a nice site btw
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86109 Feb 17, 2013
Happy President's Day folks. I guess those that work for the banks and the government can enjoy a day off. Those that don't will just have to suffer until they can reach the point that getting old allows. Getting old is not ALL bad as long as you have chickens and a wood stove for entertainment and can keep Arthur out of the house. lol

I was watching a thing on Nat Geo channel that was using old scraps of cloth to extract DNA from Abe Lincoln's death. They were trying to prove that he was dying anyways from MEN2B, a form of cancer and showed 2 photos taken just 13 months a part. Others were claiming in was not cancer at all, but the war that had aged him so much. Interesting.

Too bad Ol' Una is not around. We could make plans to go to the Dollar Store and Sav-a-Lot this coming Wednesday and spend our mutual monthly stipend. Dollar Store won't be the same anymore. I won't know what NOT to get.
why

Greensburg, KY

#86110 Feb 18, 2013
Why does'n this thread ever go away? Most of these birds have lone since passed on. It just jams up the other topics.
Blueminer

United States

#86111 Feb 18, 2013
why wrote:
Why does'n this thread ever go away? Most of these birds have lone since passed on. It just jams up the other topics.
Your thought processes are totally out of whack. Get off the dope, Dope.
so true

Morgantown, KY

#86112 Feb 18, 2013
Top of the morning to you all..... Hope yall had a excellent weekend.... A little nippy here.. Rise and shine the early morning , shine your light all thru the day , ya know the God Lord loves ya, and I do as well.... What my granny always said each morning when she woke me ... Oh what I would give to have that wake up call again.... Yall have a great and safe day , gotta hit it...Bye and hugs...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#86113 Feb 18, 2013
why wrote:
From what I read on some of the other topics, they need some jamming.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#86115 Feb 18, 2013
Still having a good bird day!!There are so many of them out. They love the windy weather.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thomas Clay Jr. (Apr '14) 5 hr hereyougo 4
Dana "Soserious" Cox. ..... (Jun '14) 5 hr Say_it_aint_true 7
KFC yum! center 7 hr ForumCommando 15
Tymberwood trace apts 10 hr mudslinger 3
Review: Allen's Moves Are Us (Jul '09) Tue givemeabreak 14
white girls or miexed Tue JCM 1
Mr. T Tue Hewasborninchicago 2
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web