Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
72,461 - 72,480 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Good night to all. I think that I will watch the show Abeliever mentioned. Sounds interesting.
Sorry about the UK loss, Abeliever. I know how avid a fan you are.
I was watching the Sprint race with hubby.
Too bad that they had that 7 car pileup. That took out Jeff Gordon early in the race.
@ AW: Stay warm tonight. Glad that you got that new woodstove. I miss that kind of heat. We had a woodstove burning from late Nov. through February when we lived up North. Nothing like cozying up to a wood fire.
Talk to you all tomorrow. Oops. Should have said y'all. Forgot where I lived for a moment. Bye Bye
gr8 1

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Beans!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Oglala wrote:
Hi, Abeliever, Glad that you are monitoring environmental disasters in the making. I frequently tune into enenews.com . That has up to date info. about Fukushema and the Bayou Corne.
I wish a meteor would hit my house (as long as we were not in it). Those meteorite rocks are worth BIG bucks...the larger the fragments, the more they are worth. People look for them with metal detection equipment. Meteorites differ from ordinary rocks in that they are magnetized. Not too long ago, there was a show on NatGeo. or on the documentary channel, I forgot which. So how did UK do, missing their best player.
Partner thought meteorite wedding rings might not be so expensive. LOL He's decided on searching elsewhere. I agree, it 's astounding how much a person could make from a meteorite.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Another busy day. Wish I could sit and watch the birds. Anything new?

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Another busy day. Wish I could sit and watch the birds. Anything new?
Same old Same old---

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Hey everyone. Hope you all had a great day. We went shopping and I bought some frivolous items. But I felt like spoiling myself, hehe. It was fun and I enjoyed it so much.

It actually snowed here for a little while today!! I wasn't expecting that. Nothing stuck, but it was pretty coming down.

What did everyone do today? Hopefully you had a little bit of fun, whatever you decided on!!

(BTW, I'm sorry you had to hear about Mr Farter this way, "Imposter". Contrary to what you may choose to believe, I didn't jump for joy when I heard the news.. It was sad to hear. I'm also sorry that you lost your online friend).

Signed:
"Toots"
aka,_-_Nope_-_

:)
Proof

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Who was the moron that claimed the tsunami that hit Japan was caused by a nuke?
Wow

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

was their another one hit Japan ? when did this happen?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Oglala wrote:
Hi, Abeliever, Glad that you are monitoring environmental disasters in the making. I frequently tune into enenews.com . That has up to date info. about Fukushema and the Bayou Corne.
I wish a meteor would hit my house (as long as we were not in it). Those meteorite rocks are worth BIG bucks...the larger the fragments, the more they are worth. People look for them with metal detection equipment. Meteorites differ from ordinary rocks in that they are magnetized. Not too long ago, there was a show on NatGeo. or on the documentary channel, I forgot which. So how did UK do, missing their best player.
Hi lala, sorry I missed you. I got all caught up on that 48 Hours show on the murder. I knew the minute the arrested him and I saw who it was he did it. I am glad the Army gave that family some justice. It was something seeing it on that show after reading about through 4 trials and knowing who he was from Knox. Sad story for the kids to have to witness. They left a lot out, but the best part was JAG got it right. Guilty. Fort Leavenworth for life.

I check that site out myself, it is pretty good info. Those sinkholes are some scary stories. Hope that the one "Nope" has going don't get out of control. I couldn't believe those families were told their insurance was no good after they HAD to move. Crazy world.

The Wildcats got the worst beatdown ever without their star. They have a bench full of them and didn't play like it. No fire, passion, or paying attention to what the Coach said. It was agonizing to watch.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Oglala wrote:
Good night to all. I think that I will watch the show Abeliever mentioned. Sounds interesting.
Sorry about the UK loss, Abeliever. I know how avid a fan you are.
I was watching the Sprint race with hubby.
Too bad that they had that 7 car pileup. That took out Jeff Gordon early in the race.
@ AW: Stay warm tonight. Glad that you got that new woodstove. I miss that kind of heat. We had a woodstove burning from late Nov. through February when we lived up North. Nothing like cozying up to a wood fire.
Talk to you all tomorrow. Oops. Should have said y'all. Forgot where I lived for a moment. Bye Bye
haha, "y'all" that is so cute. Yes, lala, that game left us BLUE. lol

Didn't see the whole race or the 7 car pile up. Will look it up online.

Let me know what you thought of 48 Hours. Pull it up on FB. Interesting read of comments across the country as it was being aired.

Goodnight. Pleasant dreams.:)
Proof

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Wow wrote:
was their another one hit Japan ? when did this happen?
No. Remember one of the nuts in this thread making the claim.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hey everyone. Hope you all had a great day. We went shopping and I bought some frivolous items. But I felt like spoiling myself, hehe. It was fun and I enjoyed it so much.
It actually snowed here for a little while today!! I wasn't expecting that. Nothing stuck, but it was pretty coming down.
What did everyone do today? Hopefully you had a little bit of fun, whatever you decided on!!
(BTW, I'm sorry you had to hear about Mr Farter this way, "Imposter". Contrary to what you may choose to believe, I didn't jump for joy when I heard the news.. It was sad to hear. I'm also sorry that you lost your online friend).
Signed:
"Toots"
aka,_-_Nope_-_
:)
Hello Nope, sorry I missed you. I am glad you went and splurged on yourself. YOU deserve it. It was suppose to snow here but never did. It was just cold, cold, cold. I stayed in all day, warm, warm, warm. haha

I hope you had a good night and got a chance to go back and read some posted material I offered up. Especially the creepy eye I mentioned to you.

Check out this video on Valentine's Day. How sweet is this?

Anonymous superhero hands out roses in charming video

Chett DeLong, will you be our Valentine? Valentine’s Day was a couple days ago but, like the thousands of other viewers making Chett's Valentine’s Day video go viral, we’re totally enchanted by this chivalrous skateboarder in an American flag unitard, spreading smiles with a little old-fashioned flower power on Valentine’s Day. With 20 roses (and you can see him carefully prune away an errant petal so they look absolutely perfect), Chett approaches 20 lone ladies on Valentine’s Day and presents them with a surprise tribute. Nobody turns down the flower and we find this video just as irresistible.

http://now.msn.com/chett-delongs-valentines-d...

Hope you had a good night. Looks like I missed everyone!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Hey, AB. I'm still here, but not for long tonight. I'm worn completely out. But it was good for me to get out and exert myself I'm sure. I'll no doubt sleep pretty hard for a couple of hours before I wake up for a couple more, hehe! My sleeping habits are so turned upside down.

And I did see the 'creepy' eye! Thanks! I made some rye crackers and pepper jack cheese and scrolled through the previous comments for a little while. Well, till I awakened sitting here with the laptop still wide open, hehe! I think I was asleep for about 20 minutes.

I might have to talk to AW about how to put in a wood stove myself. I'd like to know how to do it safely and don't have the slightest idea how or where to start. I've been thinking about it for a while and every time the weather takes a turn I find myself wishing I already had.. The power seems to go out here frequently and a wood stove would be quite the plus.

I'm going to try to go to bed now though. I hope everyone has a blessed night! If I can't sleep, I'll be back on in a few hours.

In case no one has told any of you today, you're all so appreciated!! I keep each of you in my prayers every day even though we've never met and probably never will....

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Goodnight Nope, I am off to dreamland too. I was hoping to see an update from Blueminer. I hope things are okay. Have a good night.

Goodnight everyone. Sweet Dreams!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

@Nope.. wood stoves are not very cost effective as "back up". In addition to the cost of the stove and chimney, there is the pickup truck, chain saws, log splitter, and liniment for your back. LOL A kerosene heater might be enough for "back up".

When a wood burning stove or fireplace is the primary heat, be prepared for higher homeowner insurance rates.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Just watching the doves out on the bird bath this morning. It's been a chilly one. I hope they don't get cold like people do. You never see a bird shiver. lol
Henry Makow

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Proof wrote:
Who was the moron that claimed the tsunami that hit Japan was caused by a nuke?
http://www.henrymakow.com/theargumentfukushim...
if you look at the coastline of Japan prior to the tsunami, there was no evidence that a 9.0 earthquake had just happened. Before you start calling people morons, maybe you should do some research on your own and look at the evidence objectively instead of relying on what you are told by the mainstream media, because more than likely it is you who is the moron.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, fellow bird threaders. It's a gorgeous sunny day, but still,cold, cold, cold. Brrrr....
Hope everyone had a restful sleep. I'm like Roaming and Nope, in that restful sleep eludes me, and I prowl the night on tiptoe. Don't want to wake Hubby and our little guy. They have gone to church, followed by a nice brunch at a local restaurant. I choose to worship at home, getting a few peaceful, quiet moments to myself.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Hello Friends! Just read back a little bit. My father is doing ok. Thanks for the inquiries and prayers from Friends I have found here.

I mentioned the ironys of that situation and
others I have found myself in over the past several weeks. My dad loses part of a leg, and an estranged clan comes together. Maybe forever, at least thats my hope.

A young thang comes into my life needing help with her own. She really wasn't ready and I was ill equipped to help her. Now she is gone, probably forever. And my life is changed by her forever, for the better.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Several days back someone invited me to contact her through topix PM. I intend on taking that person up on that. There are a few details I should mention, after all my friends should know if they know this much. Just not publicly. Some mistakes or wrongs can be fixed, some can never be undone.

I've never been one to leave out details of of stories that really are required to make the story clear as it should be.

I nearly hit rock bottem late this summer, luckily I didn't drop that far. If I had I think I wouldn't have got back up. And I have God, Friends, Neighbors and Family for stopping that fall... Have a good one Everybody!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Louisville News, Events & Info