MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.
#86042 Feb 16, 2013
#86043 Feb 16, 2013
6.2-magnitude earthquake rattles southern Philippine island
(CNN)-- A 6.2-magnitude earthquake struck Saturday near the southern Philippine island of Mindanao, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries, the state-run Philippines News Agency (PNA) reported.
The temblor hit at 12:37 p.m. local time, 149 kilometers (93 miles) south of Davao, the USGS said.
It struck at a depth of about 98 kilometers. No tsunami warning or watch has been issued.
Northern Mariana Islands
Iran, Japan, Costa Rica, Indonesia, 4.4, 4.5 magnitude.
Alaska 4.2, California, Washington, Nevada, and Hawaii are having earthquakes today as well.
#86044 Feb 16, 2013
Happy Weekend to you all......
A person's true wealth is the good
he or she does in the world."
So just maybe , I might be rich by the time I die,, or die trying...
“Is who I am”
Since: Aug 08
#86045 Feb 16, 2013
Good Morning! My happy birds are celebrating. New seeds, and its sunny. Too bad I can't sit and watch them enjoy, but I have to go off to work. You all have a lovely day.
#86047 Feb 16, 2013
Hi lala, getting ready for the UK game coming up at 1:00 and my son and girlfriend should be here shortly. I wonder who was posting form London called the Imposter last night? That was weird. I didn't think they were the same. Maybe they were.
I did some research on the sinkhole in Louisiana and there isn't much on it since I posted the 13 Feb update. This first link has a lot videos, flyover pics, maps etc...pretty scary. There is a web for updates listed too.
I hope you are having a great day, still pretty cold out there. Birds are loving the bread/biscuit/muffin scrapes and fresh bird seed. Lots of robins out and about...SPRING, I know you are teasing us but will be here shortly. Can't wait.
New bubbles and ground cracks appeared near Louisiana sinkhole
This is crazy if it is true. They HAD to vacate.
Some developments have been surprising. Others are just sadly f'ing predictable, like evacuated residents being told their insurance was being cancelled because their homes had been vacant for more than 30 days. As ordered.
"Nope" check out that creepy real eye on that page. haha
#86048 Feb 16, 2013
New home remedy for Arthur..hahaha
Interesting, I have heard of some of these:
DID YOU KNOW???
1. Budweiser beer conditions the hair
2. Pam cooking spray will dry finger nail polish
3. Cool whip will condition your hair in 15 minutes
4. Mayonnaise will KILL LICE, it will also condition your hair
5. Elmer's Glue - paint on your face, allow it to dry, peel off and see the dead skin and blackheads if any.
6. Shiny Hair - use brewed Lipton Tea
7. Sunburn - empty a large jar of Nestea into your bath water
8. Minor burn - Colgate or Crest toothpaste
9. Burn your tongue? Put sugar on it!
10. Arthritis? WD-40 Spray and rub in, kill insect stings too
11 Bee stings - meat tenderizer
12. Chigger bite - Preparation H
13. Puffy eyes - Preparation H
14. Paper cut - crazy glue or chap stick (glue is used instead of sutures at most hospitals)
15. Stinky feet - Jello !
16. Athletes feet - cornstarch
17. Fungus on toenails or fingernails - Vicks vapor rub
18. Kool aid to clean dishwasher pipes. Just put in the detergent section and run a cycle, it will also clean a toilet.(Wow, and we drink this stuff)
19. Kool Aid can be used as a dye in paint also Kool Aid in Dannon plain yogurt as a finger paint, your kids will love it and it won't hurt them if they eat it!
20. Peanut butter - will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee filter paper
21. Sticking bicycle chain - Pam no-stick cooking spray
22. Pam will also remove paint, and grease from your hands! Keep a can in your garage for your hubby
23. Peanut butter will remove ink from the face of dolls
24. When the doll clothes are hard to put on, sprinkle with corn starch and watch them slide on
25. Heavy dandruff - pour on the vinegar !
26. Body paint - Crisco mixed with food coloring. Heat the Crisco in the microwave, pour in to an empty film container and mix with the food color of your choice!
27 Tie Dye T-shirt - mix a solution of Kool Aid in a container, tie a rubber band around a section of the T-shirt and soak
28. Preserving a newspaper clipping - large bottle of club soda and cup of milk of magnesia , soak for 20 min. and let dry, will last for many years!
29. A Slinky will hold toast and CD's!
30. To keep goggles and glasses from fogging, coat with Colgate toothpaste
31. Wine stains, pour on the Morton salt and watch it absorb into the salt.
32. To remove wax - Take a paper towel and iron it over the wax stain, it will absorb into the towel.
33. Remove labels off glassware etc. rub with Peanut butter!
34. Baked on food - fill container with water, get a Bounce paper softener and the static from the Bounce towel will cause the baked on food to adhere to it. Soak overnight. Also; you can use 2 Efferdent tablets , soak overnight!
35. Crayon on the wall - Colgate toothpaste and brush it!
36.. Dirty grout - Listerine
37. Stains on clothes - Colgate toothpaste
38. Grass stains - Karo Syrup
39. Grease Stains - Coca Cola , it will also remove grease stains from the driveway overnight. We know it will take corrosion from car batteries!
40. Fleas in your carpet? 20 Mule Team Borax- sprinkle and let stand for 24 hours. Maybe this will work if you get them back again.
41. To keep FRESH FLOWERS longer Add a little Clorox , or 2 Bayer aspirin , or just use 7-up instead of water.
42. When you go to buy bread in the grocery store, have you ever wondered which is the freshest, so you 'squeeze' for freshness or softness? Did you know that bread is delivered fresh to the stores five days a week? Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Each day has a different color twist tie.
Monday = Blue,
Tuesday = Green,
Thursday = Red
Friday = White
Saturday = Yellow.
So if today was Thursday, you would want red twist tie; not white which is Fridays (almost a week old)! The colors go alphabetically by color Blue- Green - Red - White - Yellow, Monday through Saturday.
Don't forget Gatorade for Migraine Headaches. PowerAde won't work. Pass this information on.
#86049 Feb 16, 2013
Daughter was sitting on my foot last night when suddenly I heard toot. I asked, What did you do? She looked me dead in the eye, That was my belly. Just as serious as could be, little stinker. Children so do make the world a brighter place. You Folks have a nice day. I have laundry to do. Might check up later :)
#86050 Feb 16, 2013
Got to run. Have a great day everyone. Check back later. Almost game time. Playing in Tennessee without our star player.:(
#86051 Feb 16, 2013
Are birds still falling?
#86052 Feb 16, 2013
ONE LINER: He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
#86055 Feb 16, 2013
That is bad news my dear, I thought a lot of Una, he was a very intelligent man. I believe he was right with the man upstairs so I find some comfort in that. Still, I am shocked and saddened. The man could sure scrap when he had a mind too. He will be remembered...and missed.
No sweety, although I was a proud member of the Una troll crew for some time, I am nowhere near his level.
The little fellow is doing fine, he's with his mother and father, they got back together last week.
May my friend rest in peace.
Since: Mar 11
#86056 Feb 16, 2013
Where is everyone this evening?@Blueminer: Hope that your dad is doing better. You both are in my prayers. AW: How's Big Chief Fat Feather and his flock?@ Abeliever: Miss your Godvine videos.
@Nope: I keep you in my prayers, hoping for your peace and recovery from illness. Happy belated Valentine's Day. Anybody else who I forgot?? Hope everyone is warm and cozy in this very cold night. Will pop in later if I can.
Since: Jun 12
#86057 Feb 16, 2013
I am still getting use to it. I click on the thread and expect to see his avatar here. He is missed.
#86058 Feb 16, 2013
Been installing a bigger and better wood burning stove which requires some chimney changes. Mortared in today, to set up over night and tomorrow. Install most likely Monday. Hope the electric heat don't go out in the meantime. LOL
Nascar new season underway tonight from Daytona with "Sprint Unlimited", formerly the "Budweiser shootout". New style cars with more manufacturer identity instead of them all looking the same. Fox channel.
#86059 Feb 16, 2013
Good evening Imposter, it is you. I am so happy. You are right about Una. He was intelligent, a deacon,Sunday School teacher and church treasurer at his Church. When I looked him up on the funeral obit page there was a picture of him that was just as I imagined him to look like. It has been different without him. He and I were having some fun posting the night before he passed. I miss that ole fart. We were talking about you shortly before he left because they kept deleting everything you said and we wondered it they had banned you. He really grew on most of us after all that fussing. I didn't really think you were one of his socks, but reading his hometown forum apparently he took a few posters with him. lol
I know you must miss that little tike, he had tugged at your heart strings good. I hope you get to see him often.
Have a good evening and don't forget to stop in again and keep us posted. Glad to see you here again, my friend.
Since: Mar 11
#86060 Feb 16, 2013
I am glad to find out that you are not one of Una's sock. I do miss Una. I always thought that he was very intelligent, It wasn't the content of what he wrote, but his writing style and use of sarcasm and wit that convinced me of his intellect. The last month or so that he posted on the bird thread was actually enjoyable to read. I do hope that you continue to check in here. A little bit of controversy sparks more interest in posting.
#86061 Feb 16, 2013
Hi lala, I posted my plans earlier when I signed off. Son and girlfriend stayed most of the day and left about an hour ago. We watched our beloved Wildcats take a brutal thrashing without our star player. It was ugly. It was one of the worse beatdowns I have ever seen UK take. I just popped some popcorn and was going to watch some of the race until 10:00 and then I was going to watch the murder close by where a friend of mine lives and of an Army MP I use to see on Knox that killed his wife and mother-in-law in Rineyville not far out the gates. It is on 48 Hours @ 10:00. He was a real ass when he was at Knox, supposedly got into trouble with some other MP's and they shipped him off to Fort Campbell. He killed his ex and her ex-mother-in-law in front of his children and the killed their dog. It is a real story you won't believe. If you get a chance to watch it. I am sure Betty remembers it. Took forever to convict him, had about 5 trials in Hardin County, but it took the Army to do it. I going to watch it and flip it to NASCAR during commericials.
Here are a couple cute ones, I love the cat video and the lesson it describes at the end. LOVE
Mommy Cat Takes Care of the Most Unlikely Homeless Animal
Sometimes we all just need to put aside our differences and focus more on love and acceptance than our differences. We can start by taking a page out of this mommy cat's book - watch the unlikely, yet cute, video.
The Most Unlikely Animal Ever Plays Fetch - LOL
Every now and then you'll see a kitten that likes to play fetch... but we have never seen a crow that does! Crows are smart, but we didn't know they like to play, too. What a unique bird!
If Hempburn hadn't rescued Biscuit he could of tried getting those crows that were hanging around to fetch. hahaha
Have a good night lala,(((Hugs)) to you.
#86062 Feb 16, 2013
Hello Ancient Wolf, sounds like a good change. Hope your power don't go either, it is cold out. I seen where they had a five car wreck at practice and I liked the Bud Shootout better than the Sprint shootout title. My fox channel is out right now with all channels 2-17 "unavailable" so I am watching a rerun of Person of Interest on the Lex WKYT channel (18) right now. If it doesn't come on I will at least catch that Burke Murder Case on 48 Hours on that channel.
Hope you are having a good evening and try that WD40 on Arthur then report to us if it works. hahaha I know you have a can. Every man does. lol
#86063 Feb 16, 2013
NBC: Meteor fireball reported over San Francisco Bay Area — Clearly visible on Doppler radar (VIDEO & PHOTOS)
Meteor hit Louisville in 1977
Tom Tretter, director of the Gheens Science Hall and Rauch Planetarium at the University of Louisville, talks about the meteorite that hit a couple's home in Louisville in 1977.
< http://www.courier-journal.com/videonetwork/2... |tvideo|article>
AP: Alarm about radioactive leak at most contaminated site in U.S.—“We’ve got a problem, this is big”(VIDEO)
Since: Mar 11
#86064 Feb 16, 2013
Hi, Abeliever, Glad that you are monitoring environmental disasters in the making. I frequently tune into enenews.com . That has up to date info. about Fukushema and the Bayou Corne.
I wish a meteor would hit my house (as long as we were not in it). Those meteorite rocks are worth BIG bucks...the larger the fragments, the more they are worth. People look for them with metal detection equipment. Meteorites differ from ordinary rocks in that they are magnetized. Not too long ago, there was a show on NatGeo. or on the documentary channel, I forgot which. So how did UK do, missing their best player.
Add your comments below
|Confederate Flag = Racist (Dec '11)||27 min||Truth||9|
|Fundamentalist Christians Suck Ass (Aug '10)||33 min||rebel111||3|
|Kimberly Breeding||1 hr||BiggTuck||6|
|child molesters (Feb '11)||1 hr||rebel111||4|
|Louisville people suck (Aug '11)||1 hr||rebel111||8|
|homeless in lou (Dec '11)||1 hr||rebel111||11|
|Labor Works almost slavery (Jan '12)||1 hr||rebel111||2|
Find what you want!
Search Louisville Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC