MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.
#86030 Feb 15, 2013
Well it doesn't look like AW is going to pop in after tree time and if he does it will be right after I log off. I was hoping that Imposter, if it really was him would stop by and confirm it is indeed him. The London location was the one he originally used I think. Or used among many. lol
So ladies, I am hitting the pillow and hopefully to dreamland. If not, I will log back on and check. Sometimes, I am so tired and think I will fall fast asleep only to be wide awake 5 minutes after I hit the pillow staring at the ceiling fan or out the window at the stars and moon if there is one. lol
Have a peaceful night and a Super Saturday.
“It is what it is, folks!!”
Since: Feb 10
#86031 Feb 15, 2013
OH, I love fresh basil!! I like to make my own pesto sauce. I always end up with more than I can possibly use, but it still smells so heavenly! I put my basil in a planter on the porch. Same with rosemary, parsley and green onions. With the green onions, it's easy to reseed at intervals that way too so you have a small yet continual yield..
Like you, I don't usually like to put things out in the ground until at least the first week of May, last week of April at the earliest. I'll do good enough just to keep the deer and rabbits out of everything again, hehe. The wild critters steal everything they can get to, LOL!
“It is what it is, folks!!”
Since: Feb 10
#86032 Feb 15, 2013
I have, or should I say had, white roses. The blooms turn more of an orange color though. I was told it was because of the clay in the ground? My red ones have stayed red.
Do you like Peonies too? I love to float a few in bowls of water in the house. The blooms will last for days and days and oh do they smell wonderful!! You usually have to be really careful to rinse all the little ants off of them before you bring them in, but it's worth it. I think they smell like "Dove" brand soap. So clean and light!
“It is what it is, folks!!”
Since: Feb 10
#86033 Feb 15, 2013
You too! Goodnight and sleep well.
Think I'll log out of here also. It's later than it should be for me to still be this wide awake as I am.. It might be an Excedrin P.M. night, for sure..
Chat with you all tomorrow unless like AB says, it's not a sleep easy night.
#86034 Feb 15, 2013
Just seeing the husband and wife team brought tears to my eyes. If partner ever develops Alzheimer's or becomes disabled I only hope that I have the fortitude and patience to be as good a caregiver as this man to his wife. I heard so much love in her voice although she used few words. I really liked this video:) I'm off to nap time. You all have sweet dreams and a good night. From my hearth to yours;)
#86035 Feb 16, 2013
I prefer the "natural" look and just never really got excited about clowns. I like the white ruffled collars and sleeves at the wrist. I think the prettiest celebrity ever was Katharine Hepburn. She still had her beauty when she got old.(and she had no problem speaking her mind, yet being diplomatic)
#86036 Feb 16, 2013
My dog is a mix of Jack Russell and whatever came down the road. He has one ear that flops and one straight up, a broken jaw from some trauma that happened before I found him being sad and trembling and hiding in the corner at the pound among 43 others that were yelling and yapping. I got him a week after the wife passed on and I thought "If I can't save the wife, I can at least save that dog". It turns out to be the reverse and we have both gotten past some really bad times.
#86037 Feb 16, 2013
I plant enough sweet corn for me, deer, raccoons, and other wild critters. Then any that gets messed over by the critters, gets shaved off and fed to the chickens. They like the tender bits too including the silks. The deer keep coming down to my old corn patch. I suppose they are wondering when the old man is going to plant some more ?. Soon, my friends.. soon. The chickens like fresh green tomatoes too, so I set out enough of those for all of us. They get the ones lowest on the vines, and I get the ones higher up.
#86038 Feb 16, 2013
One final post before I go out to greet the CREATOR's new day. About my dog, When he sees me getting ready to go out, he runs and lays on my shoes so that I won't forget him... LIke I have ever forgotten him in the last several years. LOL He has abandonment issues and goes where I go.
Even when I still worked, I took him every day to a dog sitter... a little old lady that had 2 of her own for him to play with. He knew exactly where we were going and would get excited about a 1/2 mile before we got to the sitter. Good Day.
#86039 Feb 16, 2013
He is a rescue pup, they said he was half chihuahau and half russel,,but he looks 80\20 mexican side. His other two siblings were solid black and the same size so who knows what the little toe licker really is. He is 13" top of back at 3 months so I don't think he'll get much larger.
#86040 Feb 16, 2013
Good morning Ancient Wolf, Hempburn and fellow bird threaders. I hope everyone slept well. I did. The cold coming through the crack in my window woke me up. I couldn't go back to sleep so coffee is on at 8 on a Saturday morning. No sleeping in. Once I am awake I am awake. It is a big 19 degrees and frosty.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
#86042 Feb 16, 2013
#86043 Feb 16, 2013
6.2-magnitude earthquake rattles southern Philippine island
(CNN)-- A 6.2-magnitude earthquake struck Saturday near the southern Philippine island of Mindanao, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries, the state-run Philippines News Agency (PNA) reported.
The temblor hit at 12:37 p.m. local time, 149 kilometers (93 miles) south of Davao, the USGS said.
It struck at a depth of about 98 kilometers. No tsunami warning or watch has been issued.
Northern Mariana Islands
Iran, Japan, Costa Rica, Indonesia, 4.4, 4.5 magnitude.
Alaska 4.2, California, Washington, Nevada, and Hawaii are having earthquakes today as well.
#86044 Feb 16, 2013
Happy Weekend to you all......
A person's true wealth is the good
he or she does in the world."
So just maybe , I might be rich by the time I die,, or die trying...
“Is who I am”
Since: Aug 08
#86045 Feb 16, 2013
Good Morning! My happy birds are celebrating. New seeds, and its sunny. Too bad I can't sit and watch them enjoy, but I have to go off to work. You all have a lovely day.
#86047 Feb 16, 2013
Hi lala, getting ready for the UK game coming up at 1:00 and my son and girlfriend should be here shortly. I wonder who was posting form London called the Imposter last night? That was weird. I didn't think they were the same. Maybe they were.
I did some research on the sinkhole in Louisiana and there isn't much on it since I posted the 13 Feb update. This first link has a lot videos, flyover pics, maps etc...pretty scary. There is a web for updates listed too.
I hope you are having a great day, still pretty cold out there. Birds are loving the bread/biscuit/muffin scrapes and fresh bird seed. Lots of robins out and about...SPRING, I know you are teasing us but will be here shortly. Can't wait.
New bubbles and ground cracks appeared near Louisiana sinkhole
This is crazy if it is true. They HAD to vacate.
Some developments have been surprising. Others are just sadly f'ing predictable, like evacuated residents being told their insurance was being cancelled because their homes had been vacant for more than 30 days. As ordered.
"Nope" check out that creepy real eye on that page. haha
#86048 Feb 16, 2013
New home remedy for Arthur..hahaha
Interesting, I have heard of some of these:
DID YOU KNOW???
1. Budweiser beer conditions the hair
2. Pam cooking spray will dry finger nail polish
3. Cool whip will condition your hair in 15 minutes
4. Mayonnaise will KILL LICE, it will also condition your hair
5. Elmer's Glue - paint on your face, allow it to dry, peel off and see the dead skin and blackheads if any.
6. Shiny Hair - use brewed Lipton Tea
7. Sunburn - empty a large jar of Nestea into your bath water
8. Minor burn - Colgate or Crest toothpaste
9. Burn your tongue? Put sugar on it!
10. Arthritis? WD-40 Spray and rub in, kill insect stings too
11 Bee stings - meat tenderizer
12. Chigger bite - Preparation H
13. Puffy eyes - Preparation H
14. Paper cut - crazy glue or chap stick (glue is used instead of sutures at most hospitals)
15. Stinky feet - Jello !
16. Athletes feet - cornstarch
17. Fungus on toenails or fingernails - Vicks vapor rub
18. Kool aid to clean dishwasher pipes. Just put in the detergent section and run a cycle, it will also clean a toilet.(Wow, and we drink this stuff)
19. Kool Aid can be used as a dye in paint also Kool Aid in Dannon plain yogurt as a finger paint, your kids will love it and it won't hurt them if they eat it!
20. Peanut butter - will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee filter paper
21. Sticking bicycle chain - Pam no-stick cooking spray
22. Pam will also remove paint, and grease from your hands! Keep a can in your garage for your hubby
23. Peanut butter will remove ink from the face of dolls
24. When the doll clothes are hard to put on, sprinkle with corn starch and watch them slide on
25. Heavy dandruff - pour on the vinegar !
26. Body paint - Crisco mixed with food coloring. Heat the Crisco in the microwave, pour in to an empty film container and mix with the food color of your choice!
27 Tie Dye T-shirt - mix a solution of Kool Aid in a container, tie a rubber band around a section of the T-shirt and soak
28. Preserving a newspaper clipping - large bottle of club soda and cup of milk of magnesia , soak for 20 min. and let dry, will last for many years!
29. A Slinky will hold toast and CD's!
30. To keep goggles and glasses from fogging, coat with Colgate toothpaste
31. Wine stains, pour on the Morton salt and watch it absorb into the salt.
32. To remove wax - Take a paper towel and iron it over the wax stain, it will absorb into the towel.
33. Remove labels off glassware etc. rub with Peanut butter!
34. Baked on food - fill container with water, get a Bounce paper softener and the static from the Bounce towel will cause the baked on food to adhere to it. Soak overnight. Also; you can use 2 Efferdent tablets , soak overnight!
35. Crayon on the wall - Colgate toothpaste and brush it!
36.. Dirty grout - Listerine
37. Stains on clothes - Colgate toothpaste
38. Grass stains - Karo Syrup
39. Grease Stains - Coca Cola , it will also remove grease stains from the driveway overnight. We know it will take corrosion from car batteries!
40. Fleas in your carpet? 20 Mule Team Borax- sprinkle and let stand for 24 hours. Maybe this will work if you get them back again.
41. To keep FRESH FLOWERS longer Add a little Clorox , or 2 Bayer aspirin , or just use 7-up instead of water.
42. When you go to buy bread in the grocery store, have you ever wondered which is the freshest, so you 'squeeze' for freshness or softness? Did you know that bread is delivered fresh to the stores five days a week? Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Each day has a different color twist tie.
Monday = Blue,
Tuesday = Green,
Thursday = Red
Friday = White
Saturday = Yellow.
So if today was Thursday, you would want red twist tie; not white which is Fridays (almost a week old)! The colors go alphabetically by color Blue- Green - Red - White - Yellow, Monday through Saturday.
Don't forget Gatorade for Migraine Headaches. PowerAde won't work. Pass this information on.
#86049 Feb 16, 2013
Daughter was sitting on my foot last night when suddenly I heard toot. I asked, What did you do? She looked me dead in the eye, That was my belly. Just as serious as could be, little stinker. Children so do make the world a brighter place. You Folks have a nice day. I have laundry to do. Might check up later :)
#86050 Feb 16, 2013
Got to run. Have a great day everyone. Check back later. Almost game time. Playing in Tennessee without our star player.:(
#86051 Feb 16, 2013
Are birds still falling?
Add your comments below
|Why are girls in south Louisville and Dixie hig...||26 min||Chelsey||28|
|Last Post Wins (Mar '11)||47 min||_FLATLINE--------||9,224|
|White police =Bad People||2 hr||this guy||11|
|Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... (Jan '14)||5 hr||Cousinfuker||92|
|Cheating Bingo Halls (Nov '07)||21 hr||babymomma||320|
|Suspects in pharmacy robbery arrested||Thu||Politically Incor...||1|
|hook up||Thu||Politically Incor...||32|
Find what you want!
Search Louisville Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC