Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,614)

Showing posts 72,261 - 72,280 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing here. The birds must be hiding.
I think the chill in the air and the rain coming has caused the ones outside to fly away.Couple in Conn. married for 80 years! Talk about a lifetime:) On a sad note, SARS like symptoms have been linked to around 11 deaths in the UK.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

just got home. roads are wet but that's all here. got a heart shaped cheese pizza for the munchkins and a spinach Alfredo for me :) put wet wash from this morning in the dryer..... jury's still out on whether its already turned or not.... i have been able to smell since Sunday night. fixing to prop my feet up and cue the past three episodes of general hospital and not flipping do a thing for many hours.

hows everyone else doing?

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Hey everyone, just checking in. Going to go lay down for a while. Hope everyone is having a great day, even if it is cloudy out there.
Every day is a good day when you're breathing!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
just got home. roads are wet but that's all here. got a heart shaped cheese pizza for the munchkins and a spinach Alfredo for me :) put wet wash from this morning in the dryer..... jury's still out on whether its already turned or not.... i have been able to smell since Sunday night. fixing to prop my feet up and cue the past three episodes of general hospital and not flipping do a thing for many hours.
hows everyone else doing?
I caught up on the latest episode. Trying to figure out the why of somebody old coming back to town.I've tried for years to break the habit of soaps, but hey. I need something fine to look at while the cat is away.LOL. I prefer reading at night unless it's something entriguing. Michael Faust perhaps.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Just a hey before I get ready to cut out of here. Yesterdays surgery was put off till 07:00 tommorrow.

I really hope before they start the amputation that maybe they see my dads foot is improving, and it doesn't have to be done. Being hopeful seems to beat being a realist.

Saw some old friends yesterday. Before I could leave their 3 y/o daughter ran me through about twelve knock knock jokes. They were the funniest jokes I ever heard!

Then she did the name game thing with my name. She is the cutest little thang!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
Just a hey before I get ready to cut out of here. Yesterdays surgery was put off till 07:00 tommorrow.
I really hope before they start the amputation that maybe they see my dads foot is improving, and it doesn't have to be done. Being hopeful seems to beat being a realist.
Saw some old friends yesterday. Before I could leave their 3 y/o daughter ran me through about twelve knock knock jokes. They were the funniest jokes I ever heard!
Hello Blueminer

I will keep your Dad in my prayers.

Those little ones are the cutest things when they are trying to make you laugh or show how much they know.

Hope you have a safe trip and keep in touch.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

chicken update.. All the hens except one were in the house for the night. It was over the fence wandering around in the woods. Big Chief Fat Feather came back out and went and got her and brought her safely home.

Those of us that have faith in the CREATOR might be over the fence wandering around in the woods from time to time, but the BIGGEST CHIEF will come get us and bring us safely home too. So why worry?
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Blueminer
I will keep your Dad in my prayers.
Those little ones are the cutest things when they are trying to make you laugh or show how much they know.
Hope you have a safe trip and keep in touch.
10/4 Abeliever Thank You. Gonna take my mat and piller and sleep at the hospital tonight. See Ya later
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

If you need to chat, log in and we will keep you company. Say a prayer for you. Miracles do happen.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
If you need to chat, log in and we will keep you company. Say a prayer for you. Miracles do happen.
Ditto. Four years ago last Tuesday, I was as frighened as any one human could ever be about the surgeon getting ready to play around with my heart. I said a small prayer in my mind and a PEACE came over me that I still have. I have always heard that there are no atheists in a foxhole. All my mental prayer stated was "God, I am in a foxhole and I may not get out" and from that point on, nothing really matters and a Miracle did happen.

And as I have stated on here many times before, I can worship the CREATOR as well here within HIS creations as I can in a building with someone trying to tell me how to live, and I CAN and do and don't wait for Sunday. I do go to Church when I can and for my own reasons and it has nothing to do with trying to please people or gain their approval.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

We cannot allow reality to be a quagmire to drag us down. It's always important to focus on the better things in life. Children often display happiness in such simplistic gestures. If we allow ourselves to mainly focus on the negative, life will not transpire to be as good as it can be. But, if we allow ourselves to let go like a child it is then that we see the magical or the miracle. Blessings Blueminer to you. Have a peaceful night.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
I will be thinking of you and praying at 07:00 tomorrow.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Same here
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto. Four years ago last Tuesday, I was as frighened as any one human could ever be about the surgeon getting ready to play around with my heart. I said a small prayer in my mind and a PEACE came over me that I still have. I have always heard that there are no atheists in a foxhole. All my mental prayer stated was "God, I am in a foxhole and I may not get out" and from that point on, nothing really matters and a Miracle did happen.
And as I have stated on here many times before, I can worship the CREATOR as well here within HIS creations as I can in a building with someone trying to tell me how to live, and I CAN and do and don't wait for Sunday. I do go to Church when I can and for my own reasons and it has nothing to do with trying to please people or gain their approval.
I think AW that is what we should all accept. Is our lives in our hands or the Creator? For is that Creator which gave us life the One who takes it? Partner says after my anxiety attacks you can't go anywhere. I tell him that I feel I have not served my purpose in this world yet. LOL. But the truth is I might have a powerful will to live, the Creator gave me life so when it's time, it is time:)

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm completely in agreement with you, AW. It is amazing how close calls get a person to prioritize in life. When you're that close to meeting your Creator, you view life differently. The old saying, "Don't sweat the small stuff," takes on a whole new meaning.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

I was "sweating the small stuff" of not having a bite to eat of anything sweet in the house.. no cookies, cake,pie, candy, or donuts.. not even any jelly for a PB&J. Then I remembered my prior post about the Sav-a-Lot "World's Fair" ice cream cones, and went to the freezer... no more sweat LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I was "sweating the small stuff" of not having a bite to eat of anything sweet in the house.. no cookies, cake,pie, candy, or donuts.. not even any jelly for a PB&J. Then I remembered my prior post about the Sav-a-Lot "World's Fair" ice cream cones, and went to the freezer... no more sweat LOL
Can't beat the waffle cone;) It reminds me of molasses, but tastes so good. The other kind are incomparable. LOL. I'll trade these ice cream sandwiches.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Lucky you. I have this food addiction for Jello raspberry cheesecake snacks. I can go through 10 per day, if I am on a roll. It's a terrible diet, but it was the first thing that I could eat and have it stay down after my summer illness. I got hooked, and now I could eat them exclusively. Hubby brings home 7 or 8 packages of the stuff. It's really all chemicals, but right now, I don't care. It calls to me. LOL
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Hi lala, misty-eyed, Ancient Wolf..

I see we are all in agreement with AW's outlook on things. Plus, you moved again??? haha

I hope "Nope" is feeling better and joins us again. Blueminer too! I know his heart is heavy and we could keep him cheered up.:)

lala, you have got to see this video update on that sinkhole. Just getting bigger. Plus, Nevada had several earthquakes again today and in the 5.1 magnitude range.

Louisiana sinkhole swallows another 5,000 square feet (PHOTO)
Date: Feb. 12, 2013
Earlier today, there was a slough in at the sinkhole. An estimated 50 x 100 foot section sloughed in on the southwest side of the sinkhole. The slough in does not affect Hwy 70 as the event occurred on the opposite side of the sinkhole.
http://enenews.com/newspaper-louisiana-sinkho...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Cat and fox pals prove unlikely animal friends might be the sweetest

It's hard to decide which is cuter: the fluffy fox or the soft-looking white kitty with the little black Mohawk stripe. But cutest of all might be the unlikely friendship between these two creatures that's as touching as it is surprising. Click through the photos above to see them frolic and play together on rocky terrain. A little harmless wrestling (never mind those sharp teeth), some scampering (with the cat chasing the fox, no less), and finally, a happy snuggle. Can we get a collective "Aw"?[Source]

http://now.msn.com/cat-and-fox-are-friends-a -...

Another amazing video of God's creatures and unlikely friends. I love it. It is adorable.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,261 - 72,280 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr LMS 26,173
mike bartley 2 hr sailaway 1
What is with stupid BLACK people (Sep '13) 4 hr LouisvilleKYreport 70
do you know jessica blair (Dec '09) 5 hr da guy 6
Grade lane hit and run (Travis Christy)This is ... (Nov '12) 7 hr Really 100
Debate: Gay Marriage - Louisville, KY (Jul '10) 10 hr Brian_G 278
Mayor announces plan to transform west Louisvil... 11 hr LouisvilleKYreport 2
•••
•••