Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
72,181 - 72,200 of 81,557 Comments Last updated Thursday
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

PSA in honor of our departed Una/Teddy:

Subject: Mayo Clinic on Aspirin - PASS IT ON

Mayo Clinic Aspirin Dr. Virend Somers, is a Cardiologist from the Mayo Clinic, who is lead author of the report in the July 29, 2008 issue of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.

Most heart attacks occur in the day, generally between 6 A.M. and noon. Having one during the night, when the heart should be most at rest, means that something unusual happened. Somers and his colleagues have been working for a decade to show that sleep apnea is to blame.

1. If you take an aspirin or a baby aspirin once a day, take it at night.

The reason: Aspirin has a 24-hour "half-life"; therefore, if most heart attacks happen in the wee hours of the morning, the Aspirin would be strongest in your system.

2. FYI, Aspirin lasts a really long time in your medicine chest for years,(when it gets old, it smells like vinegar).

Please read on.
Something that we can do to help ourselves - nice to know.

Bayer is making crystal aspirin to dissolve instantly on the tongue.

They work much faster than the tablets.

Why keep Aspirin by your bedside? It's about Heart Attacks -

There are other symptoms of a heart attack, besides the pain on the left arm. One must also be aware of an intense pain on the chin, as well as nausea and lots of sweating; however, these symptoms may also occur less frequently.

Note: There may be NO pain in the chest during a heart attack.

The majority of people (about 60%) who had a heart attack during their sleep did not wake up.

However, if it occurs, the chest pain may wake you up from your deep sleep.

If that happens, immediately dissolve two aspirins in your mouth and swallow them with a bit of water.

Afterwards:- Call 911.- Phone a neighbor or a family member who lives very close by.

- Say "heart attack!" - Say that you have taken 2 Aspirins.- Take a seat on a chair or sofa near the front door, and wait for their arrival and ....DO NOT LIE DOWN!

A Cardiologist has stated that if each person after receiving this message, sends it to 10 people, probably one life could be saved!

I have already shared this information. What about you?

Do share this message. It may save lives!

"Life is a one time gift"

I never had aspirin's smell like vinegar. Yuk

Also, be sure you tell your doctor about any aspirin regiment you do.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Hope everyone has a great day. I am out of here to shower and get ready to meet friends for lunch.

Enjoy your day!
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Good mornin Abeliever. Beautiful day. Sunny Blue. Yet with a moroseful twist.

The ONE that rejected me and my sisters for years, from a hospital bed still brings us tears. He was never there now he requests we be there. If all goes as planned surgeons will remove one of his feet today. Years of self abuse and ignoring diabetes and 73 years old have him in pretty bad shape right now.

Removing the heel from his foot a week ago has failed to bring a staph infection under control. My sister still worships him. Bless her heart.

The onlyway I could force myself to go visit was see it all from the perspective that he is just a sick possibly dying old man that wants me there for support...how could I deny that, right?
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

And as always Abeliever nice to see and read You!

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I need the Guardian Angel to keep on watching even after I awake and make sure old Arthur don't throw my coffee on the floor. I need to find my sunglasses. Got an eye appointment at the VA around the time the sun is highest in the sky and I am sure they will want to give me a case of the "wide eye" and DOG has proven to not be a very good truck driver. They would not even give him a driver's license and even if they did, he has no pocket for his wallet.
I hate that stuff they drop into your eyes to dilate them. My eye doctor gives out little fake sunglasses that do no good, especially if you have to drive a distance. Good luck at the VA.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
For lala,
These snow horses will make you ashamed of your childhood snowmen
We can't snowboard, we can't ski, we can't make a decent snowman or even a half-decent snow angel. But these crazy-talented snow sculptors somehow managed to carve out four hulking, realistic-looking stallions into a hillside in northeast China as part of a snow sculpture festival there at the end of December. This photo of their masterpiece from that event, which has started going viral online now, perfectly captures the magic of the artists’ creation. It's the largest horse sculpture in the world, and these artists did it all in plummeting temperatures while their toes and fingers were going numb. Color us impressed ... and ashamed of our sad lack of talent.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/horse-snow-sculpture-photo...
I would love to see all their sculptures. These horses are beautiful.
Those sculptures were beautiful. Too bad they will melt. Oh, well, beauty is ephemeral, isn't it.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
The ONE that rejected me and my sisters for years, from a hospital bed still brings us tears. He was never there now he requests we be there. If all goes as planned surgeons will remove one of his feet today. Years of self abuse and ignoring diabetes and 73 years old have him in pretty bad shape right now.
Removing the heel from his foot a week ago has failed to bring a staph infection under control. My sister still worships him. Bless her heart.
The onlyway I could force myself to go visit was see it all from the perspective that he is just a sick possibly dying old man that wants me there for support...how could I deny that, right?
My mother walked away from her children. I do agree one cannot so easily forgive or forget. I would say though since he is an old decrepit man show him compassion. No one should die alone. You'll then find closure knowing that you were the better man and not like him. You have walked a rough road it appears, just remember somebody somewhere else might have been down a similar one. Enjoy the sunshine. We sure a a bright sun here today. Many Blessings to you:)

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
I think I understand your situation. I was that "ONE" long, long ago. I did not visit. I closed the door. But now I wonder if I should have made a different decision. We cannot control others, only ourselves. A simple act of forgiveness may have kept my conscience clear. Now there is no turning back time nor tide. My advice to you is to follow your heart. Love and Prayers from Lala
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
Another one for lala:
Clever horse dumps rider
http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/...
Too funny.
Haha. I swear, I think that dump was deliberate. Did you see how the horse galloped right over to the tree and then so carefully change directions? ROFL. Bad day perhaps. Funny, I agree.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Correction: I was rejected by the ONE, long, long, ago,as were you.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Correction: I was rejected by the ONE, long, long, ago,as were you.
But time and tide has made you such a better person;) I gather this from how you care for both hubby and that grandson. You are one terrific person;) It's amazing how much we grow from all of our experience in life. I know it gives me strength when I need it. I have always taken everybody at face value as kind, truthful individuals, never conniving or manipulating. Boy, I learned quickly how you can be chewed up and spat out. This has changed me for the better, but sometimes I over think people and dump them if I feel like I'm being controlled and treated unfairly. I have trouble dealing with their personalities.
creeping thing

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

"Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man — and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things." (Romans 1:20-23, NKJV)

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> But time and tide has made you such a better person;) I gather this from how you care for both hubby and that grandson. You are one terrific person;) It's amazing how much we grow from all of our experience in life. I know it gives me strength when I need it. I have always taken everybody at face value as kind, truthful individuals, never conniving or manipulating. Boy, I learned quickly how you can be chewed up and spat out. This has changed me for the better, but sometimes I over think people and dump them if I feel like I'm being controlled and treated unfairly. I have trouble dealing with their personalities.
The best way for me to deal with people is to give them the benefit of the doubt, and to treat them compassionately. If there is a reason to be wary of a new acquaintance, the person will show their true colors relatively early in the relationship. If the person is not who they portend to be, then I let the relationship slip away, before they have had the opportunity to do harm. I prejudge no one. For example, I have one friendship that others find peculiar. This individual is "from the other side of the tracks," has been involved in unsavory relationships and events, and who appears on the surface to be "tough," even criminal in nature. Over the passage of time, this individual has shown me "another side" who he protects from most people from seeing. He has been helpful, loyal, truthful with me, so I see no reason to avoid him. I am not naieve, so I do keep my guard up somewhat, but this person has never shown me the side that most people see. The moral of my story is that I take each person as they relate to me, and don't let preconceived notions influence me.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

creeping thing wrote:
"Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man — and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things." (Romans 1:20-23, NKJV)
Judge not lest though be judged. Also, no one is pretending to be wise on this thread. We just share our thoughts, experience and news. No one person is perfect.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

My thought for the day: Why would you take the splinter from your neighbor's eye not to take the log from yours? ;) A great question. Nice day today. The birds have been enjoying it. So will I;)

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Happy Mardi Gras
Laissez les bons temps roule
Just stopped into say hi, I am enjoying a rare day off and cooking a traditional Cajun dinner. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday which begins Lent. While I'm not Catholic, these things remind me Easter and spring are just around the corner!

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

I usually order one from Magee's Bakery. I love the tradition and culture of the region, but then again when my children were still at home we also celebrated Bastille day. Maybe that's why I am 48 and single?
because it was there

Cave City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

n/m the religious stuff in the beginning-
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Where is everybody today. I'm getting lonely without you folks. Haven't sen Nope and Hempburn for awhile.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
Happy Mardi Gras
Laissez les bons temps roule
Just stopped into say hi, I am enjoying a rare day off and cooking a traditional Cajun dinner. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday which begins Lent. While I'm not Catholic, these things remind me Easter and spring are just around the corner!
Even with my own sunglasses and not the cheap throw-aways they gave me, it was a bit rough making the 30 miles trip back in that lovely sunshine everyone is so enjoying. I got the wide eyes and just scanning the posts until later tonight. Cataract replacement lenses are fine. One is 8 years old and the other is 5.

For any who have never had that done, they scrape the film off the back of the eye and install a fake lens. Immediately, better sight and no longer looking through what appears to be the bottom of a Coca Cola bottle. There is really no pain and the worst you feel is like someone dropped a small poece of something really cold in the corner of your eye. A piece of cake.. speaking of which.. Today is FAT TUESDAY... Let's eat. LOL You folks have a good day. I will be back when I can see better.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr Flint hill bandit 26,196
Sissy Looking for Master 4 hr Master 18
probation violators for burglary 7 hr LouisvilleKYreport 2
Growing up at St .Thomas St .Vincent Orphanage ? (Sep '10) 8 hr Danny LaDuke 74
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 9 hr LMS 1,021
Another West End Loser 14 hr LMS 5
More Urban losers 15 hr Karma 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••