Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,736

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Blueminer

United States

#85728 Feb 11, 2013
Hello Friends! It's been a few days. Let me start by saying Thanks.

Something left me in June 2011(something within) and now I am trying to get it back. I'll stop posting about my little soap opera, other than to say I am now a bit better of a person. Now no less than two aspects of this life are where they should be.

I believe you guys share some kind of love on this thread, and you threw a little bit of it my way. And some great thoughts and words of wisdom.

So here's this. If one thinks he/she is coming up short in the love and loving department one might realize that you have to find yourself spreading it around first...maybe a lot.

And one more. One may think they are breaking down. Then one may find,especially
if at least one YEARS LONG weakness fades from his life, HE WAS REALLY BUILDING UP.
Blueminer

United States

#85729 Feb 11, 2013
Really like the stories I am reading today. I need to get to a computer so I can write about my cat Rowdy. He was part of my life from 94-96, and quite a character. I'll do that asa I can. Have a great day Everybody!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85730 Feb 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I should have known someone would try to make something sexual out of my post about laying carpet. Contrary to popular belief, there are other things in this world besides their one-track subject matter.
I've heard carpet laying is not an easy job. Doesn't it have to be stretched with a machine? I know, it can be quite a few to have an independent dealer install it. Most Folks I know, hehe me for instance, try to do all the work themselves. It's cloudy here in eastern KY. Hope Ol Arthur leaves you alone.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85731 Feb 11, 2013
Double posted, yikes. I meant it can be quite a few dollars to pay to have it installed.
Anonymous

Bellevue, WA

#85732 Feb 11, 2013
Please remove me from this treand because i have no thoughts and worries about what is going on with all that bull....: that is on the treand. this is the 3rd time I have ask for this request. PLEASE AGAIN REMOVE (JUST WONDERING) from this treand. Please,PLEASE,Please. THANK YOU.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85733 Feb 11, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I've heard carpet laying is not an easy job. Doesn't it have to be stretched with a machine? I know, it can be quite a few to have an independent dealer install it. Most Folks I know, hehe me for instance, try to do all the work themselves. It's cloudy here in eastern KY. Hope Ol Arthur leaves you alone.
Carpet can be stretched using a flat board as a "knee Knocker" driving small nails through the board protruding about a quarter inch and wrapping the board with rags to protect the knees. No machine is necessary. Then it can be shoved back under the base boards with a coal chisel. It is in our heritage (and I have passed down) to never hire anything done. We pay for no labor and very few machine rentals.

In addition to our normal careers (mine retired), I and my grandson are decent carpenters and vinyl siding and metal roofing installers. My oldest has an office management job, yet is a qualified electrician and mechanic, The youngest son is a trucker but could easily be a plumber or install and repair HVAC. My nephew works in hydraulics and can weld metal. I have taught those boys (men) to take vocational training as well as college. None of us have ever been unemployed for even a day over the past 50 years.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85734 Feb 11, 2013
Sounds like my Dad, AW. Now, he likes to put up buildings and work on vehicles. Said he's been chasing bees since 14. He was born in '51 into a poor family. I remember when I was little we'd eat squirrel because railroad wages weren't all that much. It's great to hear that you taught those men well. It sure will save them money in the long run. Self reliance is very important in any economy;)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85736 Feb 11, 2013
The key to avoiding unemployment is to be versatile. One may not always earn what they think they deserve, but it is survivable. Too often kids go to college and focus on just one career choice and graduate and the market is flooded. Always best to have a "fall back" situation regardless of the economy.

Education is most important, but it is no substitute for ability. I have seen people with Masters Degrees that could not open an umbella without some help. LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85737 Feb 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
The key to avoiding unemployment is to be versatile. One may not always earn what they think they deserve, but it is survivable. Too often kids go to college and focus on just one career choice and graduate and the market is flooded. Always best to have a "fall back" situation regardless of the economy.
Education is most important, but it is no substitute for ability. I have seen people with Masters Degrees that could not open an umbella without some help. LOL
I have to say that umbrella incident is pretty bad. When I was growing up with four bros. & two sis. it was fend for yourself. We learned early to wash dishes, vacuum, make the beds, weed eat, use a push mower. Our water came from a hand drawn well. Mom would use creek water for the laundry. A toilet meant sitting outside house. The main thing we learned was respect. My Dad could teach social services a thing or two about child discipline. He once threatened to stick my devilish bros. face in a cow pie. LOL. He was bad.LOL. But sure got his message across.
Just thinking

United States

#85738 Feb 11, 2013
I had a warden for a mother, never knew when to quit with the whip. Maybe I needed social services because she put dad in the corner.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85739 Feb 11, 2013
I always heard that it's the "boys" that cow toe to women. Real men know how to get a job done. And sometimes people employed with social services are just too nosey. I'm sure there's a nice psychiatrist who can fix you right up and help you deal with all that's happened. Maybe, you can put Mistress Warden in another part of your mind called: sht happens. Wipe that shoe and go on.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85740 Feb 11, 2013
Freudian slip there cow toe, ahem meaning kowtow. Lol
square cat

AOL

#85741 Feb 11, 2013
OK ,..
we all know about the ole ' camel toe '
a cow toe must be from a 'plus size ',......

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85742 Feb 11, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Hello Friends! It's been a few days. Let me start by saying Thanks.
Something left me in June 2011(something within) and now I am trying to get it back. I'll stop posting about my little soap opera, other than to say I am now a bit better of a person. Now no less than two aspects of this life are where they should be.
I believe you guys share some kind of love on this thread, and you threw a little bit of it my way. And some great thoughts and words of wisdom.
So here's this. If one thinks he/she is coming up short in the love and loving department one might realize that you have to find yourself spreading it around first...maybe a lot.
And one more. One may think they are breaking down. Then one may find,especially
if at least one YEARS LONG weakness fades from his life, HE WAS REALLY BUILDING UP.
I absolutely agree with you. There are many kinds of love, but all love shares one thing in common. The more love you give, the more love one gets to keep for himself/herself. We all have been through sorrow, disappointment, and tragedy. Even though we are all virtual friends on this thread, I have personally found support and encouragement from my "internet friends." We have been posting for more than two years. I have found that the people behind the computer screen are genuine friends, sharing the good times and the bad. If this thread gets discontinued, I feel certain that we will still connect with each other through our personal e-mail accounts. It is love and mutual respect that keeps us together, as well as our belief that there is a higher power We are nondenominational, so we frequently refer to this higher power as Our Creator. Thank-you for joining us in peace and in friendship. We certainly look forward to your contributions to our conversation.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85743 Feb 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
The key to avoiding unemployment is to be versatile. One may not always earn what they think they deserve, but it is survivable. Too often kids go to college and focus on just one career choice and graduate and the market is flooded. Always best to have a "fall back" situation regardless of the economy.
Education is most important, but it is no substitute for ability. I have seen people with Masters Degrees that could not open an umbella without some help. LOL
That sounds like me..education with little ability, except to practice in the area in which I was educated. Thank the Lord that I never had a problem finding work. Just one thing...How did you know that I could not open an umbrella??LOL

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85744 Feb 11, 2013
Good night folks. Pleasant dreams, and may your Guardian Angel watch over you until you awake. Love and Prayers, Lala.
Blueminer

United States

#85745 Feb 12, 2013
So strange to see this thread go hours without a post. Lord I need to get another computer. I wore my phone out today playing on Topix. My phone is not good for looking at video, and clicking on links overloads it. So I miss a lot.
Joe

Frankfort, KY

#85746 Feb 12, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
So strange to see this thread go hours without a post. Lord I need to get another computer. I wore my phone out today playing on Topix. My phone is not good for looking at video, and clicking on links overloads it. So I miss a lot.
Find something more constructive to fill you day.
Blueminer

United States

#85747 Feb 12, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Find something more constructive to fill you day.
What an absurd thing to say! I reckon you should get back to work and try not dictating to others what to do in the middle of the night. Makes more sense.
Blueminer

United States

#85748 Feb 12, 2013
My apologies if I misread you. This is a good way to beat a little stress. Insomnia is part of waiting for the the wheels to roll carrying a man into a room, a room which he will exit minus a foot. So in the foginess I may have misread a suggestion as a smartass remark.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who won the U of L and UK game? 12 min people r ignorant 6
Foxy Lady Strip Club (Mar '13) 37 min godbackwardsisdog 33
Michael W Storm Child molestor 5 hr I know 1
Who's the biggest snitch/narc in Louisville? (Dec '10) 5 hr sfd 33
Mr Governor 7 hr mud slinger 6
places that hire felons.help! 9 hr Helen Travolta 5
Group masturbation? (Feb '12) 10 hr Like to b used 24
Carla Rushing Aka The pornstar Cody lane Living... (Nov '11) Dec 22 The real cody lane 260
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:33 pm PST

ESPN10:33PM
Bengals WR Green diagnosed with concussion
Bleacher Report10:46 PM
AFC Wild Card 2015: Bengals vs. Colts, Ravens vs. Steelers Early Preview
NBC Sports12:50 AM
Colts cap 11-win season with 27-10 win over Titans - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:35 AM
A.J. Green in concussion protocol
NFL 3:54 AM
Mike Tomlin downplays spat with Reggie Nelson