Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,605)

Showing posts 72,081 - 72,100 of81,561
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
well well. My bed must be on wheels. Topix has moved me from Lexington to Berea without even shaking my bed. They are pretty slick. LOL
haha, They think you should live in Berea? Like you, they have never gotten my location right what couple times they have moved me. At least they keep me in the area.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Oglala wrote:
Good morning, Abeliever and AW, et.al. Beautiful day today. I still feel sad for Una, regardless of his foul posts. I think that he was a very lonely man, embittered by something that happened to him. I will continue to post because I like to get others' viewpoints on topics of the day.
Have you seen the white present folks up north got? I am sure glad that I don't have to deal with that anymore. I have a hard time with even the briefest cold snaps that we get. Hope you all have a good day. I will pop in and out but I really have to get to some chores.
I feel the same way lala. I do miss him and I am sure Scottsville posters are really feeling it as much as he posted for years. I will continue to post until they take it down and keep up with regular posters and new ones. I like to share the articles and videos with everyone, plus learn all the little tips different people have come to know.

You are right about the North getting their snow package. My family in New York sent pictures of the kids frolicking in the snow for the first time. They are toddlers. Even the dog had a blast. haha

I will take our Kentucky weather now. 55 degrees with a little rain. haha

14 photos of what Nemo left outside New Englanders' doors

The Northeast woke to record-setting snowdrifts Saturday after winter storm Nemo piled up snowdrifts as high as three feet. Live somewhere warmer? Thanks to the Internet, you can experience the shock of opening your front door and seeing a wall of snow, too. New Englanders shared some jaw-dropping photos of the snow piled up outside their doors, and we've compiled some of the best in this gallery A few glass-half-full types made the most of it, like the guy who decided to turn his front porch into a beer cooler. Others, including the poor kid pictured above, weren't so happy about the harsh weather.

http://now.msn.com/winter-storm-nemo-doorway-...
madison resident

South Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Finchh wrote:
I think it has something to do with us burning all that coal!!!
? Coal has been around for a looooonnnngggg time! Coal generation is the cleanest it has ever been right now. It has to do with natural gas fracking.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Cat reunited with owner after 3 years

When her fluffy, gray 2-year-old cat disappeared from her Long Island, N.Y., home three years ago, Charlene Lanigan searched everywhere for him, posting signs and wandering nearby streets shaking a container of food. But she wasnít prepared to get a phone call from the East Islip animal shelter recently saying that the cat had been found.

A local resident had seen McGee hanging around his yard for the last month, and when the weather started getting colder, he brought him to the shelter to have him checked for a microchip. Now, heís back home with Lanigan.
ďI just said to him this morning,Ďwhy canít you tell me where you were?í I just missed him so much,Ē said Lanigan.

http://living.msn.com/family-parenting/pets/o...

This story made me cry. How precious, yet sad. I would love a John Unger in my life. So caring and compassionate. I will have to do my Godvines again, I know Una really liked them, despite his slurs back then. He viewed every one of them or he wouldn't have been able to mock them. He really liked the one on ducks. hahaha

Man Comforts His Best Friend of 19 Years - a Dying Dog

John Unger and his best friend Schoep have shared a bond for over 18 years. As time takes its toll on the dog, John does whatever he can to ease his pain and make sure he passes peacefully, as a true friend would.

http://www.godvine.com/Man-Comforts-His-Best-...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Since they were talking about fine wine and aging, I decided to look up Donna Douglas--Ellie Mae Clampett... at age 79,her wine is a bit cloudy and I bet the swimming suit she wore out by the cement pond don't fit so good. LOL but she still has all that hair.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Since they were talking about fine wine and aging, I decided to look up Donna Douglas--Ellie Mae Clampett... at age 79,her wine is a bit cloudy and I bet the swimming suit she wore out by the cement pond don't fit so good. LOL but she still has all that hair.
Wasn't sure she was still alive. She was a beauty in her day!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

A BIRD story....smart one too, flew to freedom once he got loose. hahaha

Live condor escapes handler, causes chaos before ECHL game

Itís days like this that you can feel safe the Bruins donít actually have a live bear for a mascot.

The Bakersfield Condors brought a live condor to the teamís latest game against the Las Vegas Wranglers, and things quickly got out of hand.

Almost immediately after the condor was removed from its cage, the bird began struggling with its handler. After breaking free during the national anthem, it was corralled by the handler, only to slip free again when the poor guy wiped out on the ice.

The condor then made a break for it, invading the Bakersfield bench and briefly terrorizing the players and coach before heading down the tunnel and, presumably, to freedom.

http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/articles...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Storm is on it's way. Dark skies, big thunder roars. Good day to stay in with Netflix.:)

Where is everyone? Thought we could ride the storm our together...haha A song of course comes to mind:

REO Speedwagon - Ridin' The Storm Out
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

How about Lena Horne doing "Stormy Weather"?

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Storm is on it's way. Dark skies, big thunder roars. Good day to stay in with Netflix.:)
Where is everyone? Thought we could ride the storm our together...haha A song of course comes to mind:
REO Speedwagon - Ridin' The Storm Out
I'm still here and plan to pop in from time to time. Yes, it is a quiet bird thread today. Perhaps everybody has the rainy day Blahs. Popping out again to do some resarch, then take a nap.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Family problems again. Mother in law told me I need to choose between her son or my immediate family. Let's just say my family is angry with me. Eddie Rabbit "I Love a Rainy Night." Hehe. I sure do, only without all the wind. My thought go out to all of those who have lost loved ones during the snowstorm and power outages. Several died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Wood stoves are so precious in times of severe weather. Time for a program. Waiting for God. You kind Folks have a good day.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Could someone's attitude be based on a cultural difference or does misery like company? I don't think rudeness has anything to do with a California cultural upbringing versus a West Virginia one. I'm just the kinder person. Oh well. I'll ride out the storm. Cloudy today.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
How about Lena Horne doing "Stormy Weather"?
Here you go Ancient Wolf.

Lena Horne - Stormy Weather

In the spirit of the Grammys on later tonight. I watched the special last night where they scrambled to change it with the death of Whitney Houston. I am sure they will be honoring this one tonight too who passed the day before her birthday. Another great voice singing as an Angel now.:)

Stormy Weather - ETTA JAMES.

Singing legend Etta James dies at 73

She was diagnosed with leukemia in 2010, and also suffered from dementia and hepatitis C. James died at a hospital in Riverside, California. She would have turned 74 Wednesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/20/showbiz/etta-ja...

Thunder wimped out..haha, nice down pour, now just sprinkling. Headed your way if not there already.:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still here and plan to pop in from time to time. Yes, it is a quiet bird thread today. Perhaps everybody has the rainy day Blahs. Popping out again to do some resarch, then take a nap.
Hope to catch you later, I have the cutest video I have to share with you and any other horse lover. It is a good day for a nap. Hope you have a quiet, peaceful afternoon.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
Family problems again. Mother in law told me I need to choose between her son or my immediate family. Let's just say my family is angry with me. Eddie Rabbit "I Love a Rainy Night." Hehe. I sure do, only without all the wind. My thought go out to all of those who have lost loved ones during the snowstorm and power outages. Several died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Wood stoves are so precious in times of severe weather. Time for a program. Waiting for God. You kind Folks have a good day.
Sorry to hear that choosing game they want you to play. That is sad. The more family and friends the better. You can't get enough love from the world as it is, I don't voluntarily cut anyone from mine and no one should ask. Good luck with that.

It is sad to hear the deaths of those just trying to keep warm. I pray those people in the north get some relief from all these natural disasters. Hopefully, the real spirit of Americans will continue to show some love and assistance. I have faith in them.

Hope you have a good evening.(((HUGS)) to you.

Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

@AB it was Etta's version I was thinking about when I said Lena Horne. Etta just did it with more "soul". Her version of "At Last" is awesome.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray tell, what did you do to those varmints? I have an idea, and it's not a nice one. I rescued an old hedge hog from my dogs a few years back. Caught him in my kennelcab carrier. Brought him inside and looked him over. He stood up on hind legs and checked us out, too. Other than gray hairs and aged looking eyes, we determined that he was unhurt, just outnumbered. So we gave him a ride in the truck to the back part of our property, and released him. I told our neighbor about our rescue. Come to find out, the neighbor had been trying to shoot that varmint for years, but could never get him. Boy, was he frustrated when we told him we let the varmint go safely. But, he said, "What else can you expect from Yankees." LOL
The "vermits" I had were not any that could be trapped and relocated or I would have done so, so I just let them look at the business end of the old Hog Leg.

“I hate ugly”

Since: Dec 12

danville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

what is up with this crap
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@AB it was Etta's version I was thinking about when I said Lena Horne. Etta just did it with more "soul". Her version of "At Last" is awesome.
So true. "At Last" is AWESOME.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

getitriteorshutup wrote:
what is up with this crap
You'd have to go back and read all the posts from the beginning to get a grasp of it, OR, your could move along and find one of the thousands and thousands of topix thread to "get it right" and "shut up". Bye, bye...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,081 - 72,100 of81,561
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Jefferson County was issued at July 22 at 3:56AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search