Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
71,921 - 71,940 of 81,596 Comments Last updated 54 min ago
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@AB if you catch a chicken and it is squawking, turn in up side down and it can't squawk or it calms it or something.
haha, I never get close enough to them to catch them..haha
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Not dangle it by it's feet, but just lay it over on it's back and it will be quiet.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
whew saved by the bell. Just found a little Baby Ruth candy bar. The chocolate fix is in.
I needed a chocolate fix too and end up making Devil Foods Chocolate cupcakes and cream cheese icing. That is all I had in the house chocolate, didn't have enough cocoa to make fudge. I have to have my chocolate once a day at least. I have been known to get in the car and drive to the store for some chocolate. haha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Here you go Nope, I thought of you when I opened this one up. haha You could save it for another avatar.

Jeepers peepers: Mistrial called when guy loses eyeball on the stand

Don't you just hate it when you're testifying in court and your eye pops out, throwing the courtroom into chaos and forcing the judge to declare a mistrial? That happened to John Huttick, who took the stand Wednesday at a Philadelphia assault trial to describe how losing his eye in a bar fight had cost him his job, his home and nearly his girlfriend. Huttick wept as he listed his woes, which apparently caused his $3,000 prosthetic eyeball to pop out of its socket. He caught it, but not before the alarmed jury caught sight of it. The judge scheduled a new trial, calling the event "unfortunate" and (yes, he went there) "unforeseen." [Source]

http://now.msn.com/john-huttick-lost-his-eyeb...

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Not dangle it by it's feet, but just lay it over on it's back and it will be quiet.
Are we talking about chickens or women ?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

I have to catch one every now and then, some are just stubborn and don't want to go in at night when I want them to. Then I have one that won't climb up on the roosting perches that I built, but it sits swaying back and forth all night long on an electric cord that runs across the ceiling area. I don't hardly see how it even holds on, but it seems to like it up there.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

It is funny to watch them go roost at night. They always pick the same seats.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we talking about chickens or women ?
Must be chickens, because if you lay women on their back they still won't shut up LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

For lala:

I always hate to be reminded of ironing. Ugh. I like their replacement better.

Out with the iron, in with the cat: Monopoly has a new token

(CNN)-- The iron's out and the cat's in Hasbro's latest update to its iconic Monopoly board game, the company announced Wednesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/06/living/monopoly...
so true

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

I have one hen , that from gettin run over, can not fly up to roost anymore. So she sleeps in the dog house , with my 160 pound lab. Thank the lord he thinks of her as a sleepin buddy and not a chew toy. When morn comes she joins the rest of the chicks. Such a cute sight...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
It is funny to watch them go roost at night. They always pick the same seats.
Creatures of habit. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Here you go Nope, I thought of you when I opened this one up. haha You could save it for another avatar.
Jeepers peepers: Mistrial called when guy loses eyeball on the stand
Don't you just hate it when you're testifying in court and your eye pops out, throwing the courtroom into chaos and forcing the judge to declare a mistrial? That happened to John Huttick, who took the stand Wednesday at a Philadelphia assault trial to describe how losing his eye in a bar fight had cost him his job, his home and nearly his girlfriend. Huttick wept as he listed his woes, which apparently caused his $3,000 prosthetic eyeball to pop out of its socket. He caught it, but not before the alarmed jury caught sight of it. The judge scheduled a new trial, calling the event "unfortunate" and (yes, he went there) "unforeseen." [Source]
http://now.msn.com/john-huttick-lost-his-eyeb...
When I was a teen, I went home with some girl for Sunday dinner and her grandpa took out his fake eye and put it in my soup. I never asked her for another date after that. He was a character though, when he dropped it in my soup, he said "Boy, I got my eye on you". LOL
so true

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Good one , my dad met my first bo, at the front door with a gun , told him son , let me know if you are going to hurt her ahead of time , and Ill blow your head off now... He never asked me out again..
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Betty Crocker Triple Fudge chocolate cake mix, daughter and I had one for the b.dy. Just had to purchase another and homemade chocolate frosting:) Yum.Almost good as homemade cheesecake which I found turns out well if you use sour cream and heavy whipping cream with the cream cheese. I baked one for the holidays. It was to die for.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was a teen, I went home with some girl for Sunday dinner and her grandpa took out his fake eye and put it in my soup. I never asked her for another date after that. He was a character though, when he dropped it in my soup, he said "Boy, I got my eye on you". LOL
Yuk, I bet he ran off a lot of her dates. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Cluster of 35 ancient pyramids unearthed in Sudan
Jam-packed 2,000-year-old necropolis may have been influenced by Egyptian rituals

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50719069/ns/technol...

Seems like there are a lot of things being "unearthed" these days. Ships, remains, skulls, now pyramids.
moe bad

Batavia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

you wana catch a chicken?
toss some salt on its back
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

My friend told me one that probably wasn't true. Seems there was a car wreck and some guy's fake eye popped out and he was down on his knees looking for it and looked up and said "Mabel, I have lost my eye".. several women fainted. LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be chickens, because if you lay women on their back they still won't shut up LOL
Ah ha, so that's why Ol partner let's me do all the work. Don't like the Squaking. LOL. I noticed when I was growing up the chickens would like to roost in the same place. Like me with my favorite chair. LOL
moe bad

Batavia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

so true wrote:
I have one hen , that from gettin run over, can not fly up to roost anymore. So she sleeps in the dog house , with my 160 pound lab. Thank the lord he thinks of her as a sleepin buddy and not a chew toy. When morn comes she joins the rest of the chicks. Such a cute sight...
gota be the smartest bird in the flock ,..
aint no critter EVER gona homp down on her !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min stand out 986
Cindy Cummings (Jun '12) 39 min Golden 50
VA touts progress on suicides; data tell anothe... 52 min The Mad Man 2
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 1 hr Maniak Me 7,933
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr Trufts 1,047
Steven Allison 2 hr U know me 6
Man charged after allegedly exposing himself to... (Jan '11) 2 hr slik513 10
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... (Jan '14) Aug 23 martyg73 71

Search the Louisville Forum:
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Jefferson County was issued at August 27 at 5:07PM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Louisville News, Events & Info