Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,634

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85465 Feb 7, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief, do you mean that I am not alone? I lose things dozens of times each day, forget whether or not I've taken a medication, put ice cream in the refrigerator, and numerous other things. I have too many pills to take to do the bottle upside down trick, but I never remember to fill the daily little pill boxes. I think that it is age. I hate that.
I don't turn all the bottles upside down, just one. I had one of those daily boxes and threw it away. I could not remember to fill it either and most often can't even remember what day it is. I think this is Thursday, but I would not bet on it. And don't worry, it gets worse. About a month ago, I wrote out a check and dated it 1989. That must have been a good year for checks. LOL
so true

Morgantown, KY

#85466 Feb 7, 2013
HI , all , it has made me want buttercups all day... loved the sun,,, when I was little my granny had them in her front yard, and oh they were my favorite..( i only married my first husband due to him bringing me them on our first date)ha, anyway , I picked every single one in the yard , and placed them on my ma's table for her. She wanted to get a willow , switch , but she knew my heart was in the right place.... I planted them all over her grave and each year , she lays beneath the butter cups.. Love and miss ya lots...
May someone care enough to plant flowers on your grave when you pass... I want mine covered with butter cups, roses and anything else.. But my luck it will be covered with weeds, and sunk in (from no one visiting me, or people still stomping on me when Im gone..)..lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85467 Feb 7, 2013
Good evening bird threaders. Still no Hempburn I see as I scan down. I hope everyone had a chance to get out and enjoy the 60 degree beautiful day we had. I loved it. It felt so good to sit out and feel that sun on my face, fresh country air.

I stopped in the Una site and seen where they are using his avatar to make people think he is still not dead. We know he is just like most of them interacting with him for years knows he is. Here is what the Una poser said:

"My apologies to all my loyal Fartinsky followers for making you all worry. Teddy has been detained teaching his "Gems of Wisdom" to the local jailbirds...hehehe"

Why don't they just let it go? A week today and they want us to think he was in jail?? Yeah, right.
more bad ink

AOL

#85468 Feb 7, 2013
that 'hehehe'
is the trade mark of the moron ' pie ' poster ,.. he is always saying some dubass crap

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#85469 Feb 7, 2013
qwerty wrote:
The mood turns serious as the changing Moon turns serious as the changing Moon turns serious and your sixth house enters the seventh house of health and service. It's time to pay attention to your clothes both to yourself and to others. Be sure to drink plenty of water and eat sensibly as building distress can cause indigestion. Communication with those at a distance may be strained. It seems you are spanking different languages.
Ewe. "Spanking different languages".
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85470 Feb 7, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Bwaaahahahahaha, AB!! Go figure, I slept right through the "Big Shake Out" period today! But four whole hours of sleep and I'm a new woman!?!?!
Let's rock this joint, Bird peeps!
Insomnia hits me so often, I can be totally exhausted, and then POOF! A paltry four hours of sleep and I feel like a billion bucks?? This is wonderful and I feel better today than I have in well over a week. I've always heard that the older you get, the less sleep you need. Guess that's what's going on...
:)
But I had a very vivid dream, as mine seem to always be. I always dream in color, more like HD, hehe. In this one, I was in Alaska riding my Harley through the beautiful mountains and could even smell the pines and forests. Going up and down mountain highways so fast that I felt my stomach going "anti-gravity", LOL!! Such a refreshing and wonderful dream it was!
I've been to Alaska before and it's one of the few places that I'd love to go back to again before the Lord calls me home. If any of you have never been there and get the chance, DO NOT pass it up. It's an awe inspiring place.
Anyhow, enjoy this one too:
The Guess Who
"Shakin' All Over"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =f2lCDQ8j9bEXX
Looks like everyone did. Everyone I talked to today I ask if they did the shake, shake, shake and no one had heard of it. hahaha, Glad it wasn't the real thing.

Thanks for the Guess Who reminder. I love them. Here are a couple of my favorites from way back when:

THESE EYES (THE GUESS WHO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

American Woman The Guess Who 1970

The Guess Who - No Time

I guess I like the 70's music best. Although I know alot of 50's and 60's from big sis. lol

My trucker friend that died use to go to Alaska every year for a month to another childhood friend that lives there. The pictures and stories he told. Wow, I would love to see Alaska before I check out, but Maui is on my bucket list. haha

I miss the Halibut he always had shipped back for big fish fries and BBQ. He loved to put it on the grill. Some of the best fish I ever ate. I wish I would have gotten his recipes.:(
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85471 Feb 7, 2013
For all you forgetful people...hahaha I have to go sit back down and think what the heck did I go in that room for...Lightbulb? Oh, yeah....more than I like to admit. This caught my eye when scanning the news..

Whew! What a relief to learn this...

Ever walk into a room with some purpose in mind, only to completely forget what that purpose was?

Turns out, doors themselves are to blame for these strange memory lapses.

Psychologists at the University of Notre Dame have discovered that passing through a doorway triggers what's known as an Event Boundary in the mind,
separating one set of thoughts and memories from the next. Your brain files away the thoughts you had in the previous room and prepares a blank slate
for the new locale.

Thank goodness for studies like this. It's not our age, it's that damn door!

Did I send this to you already?

http://now.msn.com/orphaned-pygmy-elephant-be...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85472 Feb 7, 2013
Oh yeah and the cute elephant story...hahaha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85473 Feb 7, 2013
Ease Arthritis Pain Naturally

13 natural remedies that really work

http://healthyliving.msn.com/diseases/rheumat...

13 remedies to deal with Arthur...haha
kevin

Louisa, KY

#85474 Feb 7, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody say spank???
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85475 Feb 7, 2013
For Nope and Hempburn....

Not easy riders: Aging bikers 3 times more likely to get injured

http://todayhealth.today.com/_news/2013/02/07...

duh, ya think? Would like to see the 69 year old's collection of bikes.:)

Haven't ridden in years, but can't give up my leather and HD collection of shirts just yet? haha
qwerty

United States

#85476 Feb 7, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
oops! wasn't trying to go there.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#85477 Feb 7, 2013
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody say spank???
Qwerty did! It's in our horoscope. It's destiny.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85478 Feb 7, 2013
Blizzard alert: Northeast snowstorm could be among the worst of all time

A crippling and potentially historic winter storm barreled toward the Northeast on Thursday, threatening tens of millions of people with 2 feet of snow. Airlines encouraged fliers to change their plans and get out of the way.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/07/16...

Sad after Hurricane Sandy and all they have tried to rebuild since then, those poor people still out of their homes and now this...Hope it stays North of the Ohio River. I like this 60 degrees after our cold spell.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85480 Feb 7, 2013
For Ancient Wolf:

How to Immobilize a chicken
http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/...

A chalk line stops it dead in it's track. Crazy

Professional chicken caller

http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85481 Feb 7, 2013
whew saved by the bell. Just found a little Baby Ruth candy bar. The chocolate fix is in.
kevin

Louisa, KY

#85482 Feb 7, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Qwerty did! It's in our horoscope. It's destiny.
My horoscope probably says somethin' about a slap... lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85483 Feb 7, 2013
@AB if you catch a chicken and it is squawking, turn in up side down and it can't squawk or it calms it or something.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85484 Feb 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@AB if you catch a chicken and it is squawking, turn in up side down and it can't squawk or it calms it or something.
haha, I never get close enough to them to catch them..haha
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85485 Feb 7, 2013
Not dangle it by it's feet, but just lay it over on it's back and it will be quiet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muhlenberg Co. home invasion suspect shot by de... 5 min proof 30
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min The Apostle 4,717
Grimes Equals Obama 1 hr lmao 6
The "I Am Dixie Highway" group on Facebook. 3 hr Mom 51
weitht loss 4 hr jar 2
Nik Houpt - what happened to him? 8 hr chip 6
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 9 hr really 26,271
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs