Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,590)

Showing posts 71,781 - 71,800 of81,541
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never laughed so much. Hey, Betty. What can I do to help your neighbor out. I tried to e-mail you, but I screwed it up...as usual.
i know right!rotf... i got that from facebook post someone shared with me and i shared and tagged my aunt ruby and aunt elaine in it...... lmao im expecting some not so nice comments about how nice it must be not to have to think about gravity yet :)

just pray for him that god will give him some piece of mind and a positive spirit. and thank you for asking. since you are at least recieving emails, i will send an update soon as i get around to it. things are already starting to turn around. ended up having my mom stop in for a few or i would have gotten to that already. by the time she left (because we cant stop once we start...lol) it was so close to hubbys time to get on the road i just wanted to get him out the door :) before i started in on anything, just in case you dont get it, hope everything is going well in your neck of the woods and you are enjoying this weather. i know i have...
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

I don't know my man can barely handle me.Hehe. But he does love his little Squirrel;) Sure do like those fancy heels. My 10 year old would love them in that shade of red. I'm just playing but here goes since I do see a red heel: Little Red Riding Hood , you sure have been looking good. Look what the big bad Wolf's got cooked up for you. Now , those lyrics might be incorrect. Someone could clarify them in another Flash though. Let's give Beyonce a big run for that money. Hehe.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
I'm getting sleepy too, but after last night, I'm afraid to go to sleep. I sleepwalk at night, especially if I am under stress. Well, last night I apparently got out of bed and went into the kitchen. I opened the dishwasher door and promptly did a backflip onto the door, broke the door, and flopped on to the floor from there. My back has been killing me all day. Hubby came running in when he heard the bang, and thought for sure that it was hospital time again. I told him, "not on your life." I spent too much time in that creepy place last spring and summer. Good thing I have a hard head, anyway.
we must be brothers from another mother ... oh my goodness! i hope your ok! we get banged up a lot on this thread... anyone else notice that? suprised they have not snuck a few adds for bubble wrap and bumpers into these posts..... hope you dont have all the day after you fall pain like i do.... hope you rest well tonight.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Miss Font, I just had to go there. You have a goodnight though. I agree with you:)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Belie wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't nearly as blatant as last year's Super Bowl with Madonna.
http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/mado...
http://hollywoodilluminati.com/2012/02/06/mad...
I think, folks are finding all of that kind of behavior offensive. I suggest that use a naked Lionel Ritchie next year instead of these teases. We women folk like to get our eyes full to. They should say r or x rated though. Children don't need to view the smut. JMO and everybody has one.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Grammar check: We women like to get our eyes full also. I think, I'd actually prefer Lionel singing instead of being naked. Don't know how it's all held up over the years.LOL.Ciao.
"TheSunnySide"

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

What!?? Birds are dying!???
Jerry

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Please tell me more.
they do

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

die every day whats the big deal
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Is Una really passed? If so , I also am so sad. He became a close one to me also. Such a sad thing to loose someone , who you never had the pleasure of even meeting , but bonding with on here..

When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, amused, kindhearted as a grandmother, and dignified as a king. Immersed in wonder, you can deal with whatever life brings you, and when death comes, you are ready.

We are all of us from birth to death guests at a table which we did not spread. The sun, the earth, love, friends, our very breath are parts of this banquet...

You shall always be welcome at my table...
dirt road

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Did they ever figure out what killed the birds? Does anyone even care? I've noticed a lot of chatter that isn't on the subject of birdies.
dirt road

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Sleep?? Did someone say Sleep??
Could someone PLEASE take a cat nap for me? Thank you.
Ha ha you said cat....i saw in the news last week that cats kill more birds than any other organism.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

dirt road wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha you said cat....i saw in the news last week that cats kill more birds than any other organism.
Indeed, I heard that as well. Doesn't shock me. While I don't have cats right now, I lived on a big farm some years ago and had them. They were always bringing me a gift or two.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

so true wrote:
Is Una really passed? If so , I also am so sad. He became a close one to me also. Such a sad thing to loose someone , who you never had the pleasure of even meeting , but bonding with on here..
When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, amused, kindhearted as a grandmother, and dignified as a king. Immersed in wonder, you can deal with whatever life brings you, and when death comes, you are ready.
We are all of us from birth to death guests at a table which we did not spread. The sun, the earth, love, friends, our very breath are parts of this banquet...
You shall always be welcome at my table...
I love the way that you put that. Indeed, we are merely guests, and when the party is over, we must go home.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Tough to do any male bonding on here LOL Where is Hempburn when you need him?
You don't need male bonding here. Just consider yourself the old rooster, and we're you're flock of hens. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need male bonding here. Just consider yourself the old rooster, and we're you're flock of hens. LOL
Maybe I will throw you some corn on the ground and listen to the squawking. LOL

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

I can squawk with or without corn. Hubby says that I squawk all the time, but I really don't. LOL Good morning to you.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

You know something? I actually miss that little rascal Una. I think his crude talk was just his attempt to develop a persona opposite to his real-life characteristics. He lived vicariously through the Una persona. I remember commenting that he was up unusually early on that last Thursday of his life. I'll bet he was not feeling well through the night and just posted early because he couldn't sleep.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
You know something? I actually miss that little rascal Una. I think his crude talk was just his attempt to develop a persona opposite to his real-life characteristics. He lived vicariously through the Una persona. I remember commenting that he was up unusually early on that last Thursday of his life. I'll bet he was not feeling well through the night and just posted early because he couldn't sleep.
I totally agree with you on that. I think in real life, he was a caring person that identified well with young people. My take was that he tried to knock down the "stuffed shirts" and take the wind out of the sails of those that considered themselves to be above the common folk. I think his "I am smarter than you" or "Gems of Wisdom" etc. was nothing more than to take the high brows down a notch or two.

I miss him too. He and I grew up in the same time frame and could talk about the old ways and I have always liked unique people that did not follow every passing fad or fancy, and he was definitely unique.
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

I look good. Like, real good.

Hey everyone, come see how good I look...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,781 - 71,800 of81,541
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

56 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Louisville, KY (Jul '10) 25 min DebraE 270
Victim identified, charges possible in Southern... 51 min LouisvilleKYreport 1
Grade lane hit and run (Travis Christy)This is ... (Nov '12) 1 hr defeated 98
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr IND 26,163
Crews working fatal accident on Southern Parkway 5 hr Phoenix97 9
a virtual fitness studio (Aug '11) 7 hr FitnessPrincess 2
Male / Male Massage Exchange (May '12) 8 hr lexm4m 12
•••
•••