Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,585)

Showing posts 71,681 - 71,700 of81,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Betty. the only good chili I have found in the Market's is Bush's chili magic starter and you add meat and tomatoes. Caroll Shelby's packet fixings in a brown bag is fair. it is basically all the spices including some (can't think of the name) spicy flour if you like thicker, but it is for a bigger batch than I want at any particular sitting. I would make that if it was for more than just me.
I just make the large batch and freeze small portions. Then I just microwave and make a pot of rice. The one thing that I dislike about being solo is sometimes I crave something but it seems so much trouble to make it for just myself

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I bought a can for 20 cents -- I have never tried it. Maybe my old dog will eat it.
When I ran out of coffee the other day, I went to the Dollar General and also found myself craving a bowl of 'mater soup and a grilled cheese 'sammich'. I've had neither yet though because I'm committed to still trying to stick to my healthier eating regimen... It was an impulse buy. NEVER go to the store with the munchies, my friends. Not when you're trying to eat healthy..

But anyway, in the canned goods isle was this "Wolf" brand chili. I had a pang in my heart thinking back on Una and AW talking about it so frequently. I laughed at those posts so often. Up until then, I'd never even noticed it in the stores.

I'll never look at a can of "Wolf" chili the same way again. Not that I'll ever TRY it mind you.. There's nothing out there that can compare to homemade chili.. I'm afraid that even at 20 cents a can, it would simply go out to the chickens... My dogs would no doubt fart too badly even if I mixed it with their crunchies. It would be a horribly bad "dogs under the blanket" night here I'm sure, hehe.

I wonder if Una ever got around to trying AW's pointers on a quick and tasty home made recipe...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I just make the large batch and freeze small portions. Then I just microwave and make a pot of rice. The one thing that I dislike about being solo is sometimes I crave something but it seems so much trouble to make it for just myself
That's exactly what I do here, Ms Font. Even with huge pots of veggie soups, etc. You simply can't make a small pot of things like that and have it taste right. I start making soups, stews and chili late fall/early winter so that I have plenty set back for those days that I don't want to cook.
(Which are pretty frequent here lately)

Those small size zip lock freezer bags are the perfect size for one nice size serving. And they're easy to 'burp' the air out so you have a nice seal with no freezer burn. If you lay them flat in the freezer until they're frozen solid, you don't have to worry about things sliding around in your freezer when you rummage around for something quick to heat up. I've got a wide and flat RubberMaid container that I keep them in, stacked up right like you would books on a shelf, hehe.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
really i am just fickle..... i don't cook to cater to anyone else tastes but my own. if one doesn't like something, they can make a pp&j. luckily hubby likes the way i cook and has similar buds. or maybe he just doesn't want to live off of Pb&j's and Vienna sausages .....
LOL! Betty, my first husband swore that meatloaf was simply forming a pound or two of ground beef into a square and then salt and peppering it. His was HORRID, but he'd eat it no other way for quite a while..

Not until I finally fixed his tail end one day. I took onion, bread crumbs, the spices and everything else that I'd normally put into my own recipe and placed it into my food processor until it was in too small pieces for him to see the chunks. Then I added it into the hamburger and baked it. He made the remark that it was the best meatloaf I'd ever made. I thanked him and let him finish his meal, all three servings of this suddenly "marvelous" meatloaf.

I spilled the beans after he'd finished his dinner. He never complained about meatloaf ingredients after that night, hehe! I also never had to 'hide' the fixings for my meatloaf that way again either. He never really disliked anything I cooked, he was just spoiled from his mothers method of cooking, which I found to be tasteless and bland.

(Women... We DO have our little ways)..
:)
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Awww, crap!

The fart man died???

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Cave by big rock

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You...Things have been hitting me pretty hard for the past few weeks. Your post has.brought me to tears.
God bless You too Abeliever and keep you safe and well. The same wish for all of You.
Have you checked with CTL trucking he's always looking for drivers.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

kevin wrote:
Awww, crap!

The fart man died???
I am sad to report it is so.
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sad to report it is so.
That really bums me out.
I liked takin' lil jabs at him.
Most of his replies cracked me up.
I'll miss readin' his stuff.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Know wonder you are so wise and interesting. Hehe. I'd be scared to death;) You have a fine afternoon also;)
Thank you, getting wiser as older. I have seen things from all sides through my career. I still have something I can say I learn every day. I have learned a lot, a LOT, on this thread since the birds dropped. I will treasure it and those I have become so fond of the rest of my life. I so miss that ole fart I was having so much fun with after months of acting like hated filled ex's. lol

I did have a fine afternoon. Got some laundry done, went outside for a bit, picked up some windblown paper, limbs, etc out of my yard. Watched the biggest crows not the least bit intimidated by me being out there munching all the bread, buns, stale crackers etc..I put out there keeping the rest of the birds at bay above me on the telephone wires haha. Good thing for him the big fat greyboy wasn't out there rolling in the grass for some attention. I haven't seen him for a couple days. He probably has a second/third home out there somewhere. I have never seen him chase them or even pay them any mind. He is old and fat and just struts and lays in his chair that is his only. lol

Have a peaceful evening. I suspect Arthur will be visiting some of the bird threaders as the temp drops and the rain we have moves east. haha
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Betty, my first husband swore that meatloaf was simply forming a pound or two of ground beef into a square and then salt and peppering it. His was HORRID, but he'd eat it no other way for quite a while..
Not until I finally fixed his tail end one day. I took onion, bread crumbs, the spices and everything else that I'd normally put into my own recipe and placed it into my food processor until it was in too small pieces for him to see the chunks. Then I added it into the hamburger and baked it. He made the remark that it was the best meatloaf I'd ever made. I thanked him and let him finish his meal, all three servings of this suddenly "marvelous" meatloaf.
I spilled the beans after he'd finished his dinner. He never complained about meatloaf ingredients after that night, hehe! I also never had to 'hide' the fixings for my meatloaf that way again either. He never really disliked anything I cooked, he was just spoiled from his mothers method of cooking, which I found to be tasteless and bland.
(Women... We DO have our little ways)..
:)
My ex liked to act slovenly and rarely ate a decent meal. He became so verbally abusive that I had enough. He was lying on the couch drinking from a 2 liter bottle- oh yes- one day. Well, about the time he got preoccupied playing a video game an insect flew right into that sucker. I didn't say a word. I was watching from the front of the kitchen sink. To the this day he never knew He drank a bug. I figured, he'd just called me a few names so I cared less about him. I've gotten past it now, but I resented him for years threatening to kill me. I understand what you mean though by those kind of men. Life can always get better.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Good evening bird threaders. Hope you are having a good one. I am going to go back and catch up.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

kevin wrote:
<quoted text>That really bums me out.
I liked takin' lil jabs at him.
Most of his replies cracked me up.
I'll miss readin' his stuff.
Yes, he died of a massive heart attack on Thursday morning around 10 am.
He kept it lively!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You...Things have been hitting me pretty hard for the past few weeks. Your post has.brought me to tears.
God bless You too Abeliever and keep you safe and well. The same wish for all of You.
Like lala said, if you need a cyber topix hug, just pop in, chances are there will be someone to give you a ((HUG)). Ignore those idiots on that forum. We know you and him made peace. We know you are good people. Know, like he did that there are people you have never met(topix friends)rooting for you, hoping you are safe and wondering where you are if you haven't posted in a while. You hang in there.
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he died of a massive heart attack on Thursday morning around 10 am.
He kept it lively!
Is this actually confirmed?

I mean in the real world.

Considering this is topix. how do we know for sure?
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

I say I have to have homemade chili. I like the Bush's brand beans, I don't use starters, but if I want to do chili dogs etc..especially when I had a teenager, I bought a can of Bush's. lol

If I am out wanting chili, I get one or two large from Wendy's. I prefer homemade, and it does have to made about like potato salad, allot. I just freeze half of it or offer it to my brother who lives alone.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
In light of all the badness in our world these days, here's a spot of good news.
"Hostage standoff ends with kidnapper dead, child safe".
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/04/us/alabama-chil ...
~~
Midland City, Alabama (CNN)-- A six-day hostage standoff came to an end Monday when a man holed up a bunker was found dead and police recovered the 5-year-old he abducted, according to a law enforcement official.
The child appeared to be OK emerging from the ordeal, the official said.
Two ambulances left the scene shortly before 4 p.m.(5 p.m. ET).
~~
(Thank you Lord. I'm so glad to hear that this little guy is has finally been freed. What a traumatic ordeal).
Hi Nope, you are right that was some GOOD news for a change on the Nightly News. Bless his little heart. I hope he will be okay mentally too. There sure were a lot of people praying for the little guy.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

It's odd huh. Lala and I took care of those ailing; AW & Abeliever & Blueminer drove or is driving big rigs,Nope and Ms. E Font appear to be great teachers; Betty like Lala and I provide humane services . And if one of us doesn't have a bout with Arthur , it sure is creeping upon us. We are like a big pot of stew. And I did not mean to leave anyone out...I'm sure you'll fit somewhere.Hehe.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Is this actually confirmed?

You know how to contact me-- I'll tell you.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Is this actually confirmed?
Hi Kevin, yes, sadly it is true. You can go back to Thursday morning and read forward or go to the Scottsville forum and read the two threads about it. Some of us looked it up in the news there and found it. You two had some funny posts going for the longest time. He was a hoot, that is for sure. I sure liked the nicer version of him better. We will miss him allot. At least most of us will.:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
It's odd huh. Lala and I took care of those ailing; AW & Abeliever & Blueminer drove or is driving big rigs,Nope and Ms. E Font appear to be great teachers; Betty like Lala and I provide humane services . And if one of us doesn't have a bout with Arthur , it sure is creeping upon us. We are like a big pot of stew. And I did not mean to leave anyone out...I'm sure you'll fit somewhere.Hehe.
I don't drive a big rig and never have, but I have helped keep some on the roads both financially and locating the better paying loads and handling all the paper work including driver pay. But we have since down-sized to just the one the son drives and I don't even do the paper work any more.

I do drive a pickup, a 4 wheeler, a farm tractor, and a lawn mower and if gas gets any more expensive, I might just drive a mule. Maybe I can get them to install a hitching rail at the Church. Wonder what McDonald's folks will think when I ride that mule thru the drive-thru? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,681 - 71,700 of81,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Freeze Warning for Jefferson County was issued at April 15 at 9:25PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE