Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
71,561 - 71,580 of 81,562 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85089
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

I thought I lost a chicken today, but after counting heads several times they are all there. It is difficult counting moving targets chasing for goodies to eat. Almost like counting heads in Grand Central. They pay no attention to my "Stand still please". LOL
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85090
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

good evening everyone.
if this post twice, sorry, topix being fickle again.
went to my moms for Sunday dinner and i am full to the brim on her fried chicken and sweet potato pie. she doesn't make it very often any more due to the fact that my step-dad and she are getting up there in years an they are trying to lay off the fried foods to preserve their health.
my original plan today was a pork tenderloin i had started in my baby crock before we left for church but when i heard she was frying bird, putting that roast in the fridge to be heated back up tomorrow, was a no brain er! oh well, if it dries out too much i will just throw some sweet baby rays on it (what i would have done with the left overs any way) and have some homemade pulled pork bbq.
if there are two things i will never pass up from my moms kitchen, its her fried chicken and her peanut butter fudge. no one else even comes close when it comes to her fudge making skills.
think i may take a nap in hopes that i wont feel so much like the blueberry girl from charlie and the chocolate factory.
the roads are horrible here, in town is good and salted but they don't do much for us country folk. the brine is helping a little. thankfully we only have a long drive way to contend with till me and hubby hit the parkway so we haven't had many problems getting around but my moms road was definitely still slick in spots. she has just learned the hard way over the years to keep stocked in all the basics during the winter and avoid going out all together. but a few slick spots didn't stopped us kids from having an in-prom-to family get together once word got out she was frying...lol
took Joe poodle with us.... he likes to watch my step dad as he stacks and re-stacks the wood on the front porch... what he was doing, not surprisingly, when we arrived.as usual he had the truck radio blaring loud enough that the people in the yuppy neighborhood that they built right behind their house could hear it clearly, singing off-key to charlie Daniels and stacking away. i asked hubby to help him and went to go see how things were going in the kitchen and me and my mom got a good laugh when ten minutes later hubby came in and said my step dad sent him in because he was talking too much and he couldn't hear the radio. good times...lol

uneasy rider
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
it will be stuck in my head for days.....

think i will take that nap now

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85091
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Who do you suppose that is posing as Una. It's his avatar,but not his language.
I am frustrated today, trying to fix my e-mail, and nobody (folks from my antivirus company, my ISP, or mail.com ) takes ownership of the glitch. I will have to forgo sending out e-mails until my computer savvy son-in-law rescues me. You can still send me e-mails and I can open them, but don't expect a response anytime soon. Grrrrr......
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85093
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Oglala wrote:
Who do you suppose that is posing as Una. It's his avatar,but not his language.
I am frustrated today, trying to fix my e-mail, and nobody (folks from my antivirus company, my ISP, or mail.com ) takes ownership of the glitch. I will have to forgo sending out e-mails until my computer savvy son-in-law rescues me. You can still send me e-mails and I can open them, but don't expect a response anytime soon. Grrrrr......
There is a good chance that it is the port address assignment for out going mail or the mail provider has a problem that they won't admit.

As for the Identity Theft, there is a real good chance that the passing happened while he was still logged in. The language does not fit nor does the poser address anyone with the pet names he had given to most everyone.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85094
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

well Gee, I made it from Berea to Lexington in record time. LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85095
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

I honestly believe due to the mention of the "Bird thread" in the Scottsville forum, they've crept over here. It's a shame for someone to stoop to such a tactic...

We ALL know that this isn't his style of grammar, punctuation or lingo.

This is totally disrespectful.

Your user name and password can automatically be saved when you log in to Topix. BUT, when you shut your PC down, you have to have the password for that particular PC in order to access the Windows operating system or you're out of luck. I believe this is what's happened here. His computer hasn't been shut down yet.

The first time there is a power outage or the PC is unplugged to be moved, etc., I assume this will cease because in theory they more than likely won't be able to bring the OS back up without the password for Windows itself.
stupid people

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85096
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

clowns this is about birds dying in outer space and falling to the ground. a laser beem o bviouslly shot them out of the sky. it was from the race of aliens known as fatterquasars. i hope this helps....they are going to kill me now...good bye
HilLogic

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85097
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I honestly believe due to the mention of the "Bird thread" in the Scottsville forum, they've crept over here. It's a shame for someone to stoop to such a tactic...
We ALL know that this isn't his style of grammar, punctuation or lingo.
This is totally disrespectful.
Your user name and password can automatically be saved when you log in to Topix. BUT, when you shut your PC down, you have to have the password for that particular PC in order to access the Windows operating system or you're out of luck. I believe this is what's happened here. His computer hasn't been shut down yet.
The first time there is a power outage or the PC is unplugged to be moved, etc., I assume this will cease because in theory they more than likely won't be able to bring the OS back up without the password for Windows itself.
Brilliant post,'Nope'. But what if....there is no password set?

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85098
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The language does not fit nor does the poser address anyone with the pet names he had given to most everyone.


This is revolting in my opinion. It's an invasion of his privacy.
Totally disrespectful. Not to mention what may be in the heart of this person who's cruising his files and personal information.

Imagine what they could access which was personal to him. Not to mention what they could release that he kept private.. It's mortifying to think of the possibilities. What if whoever is doing this has an ax to grind? As if this could get any worse then it already is....
TRY

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85099
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
I agree totally.People who protects our country should definitely get paid more then someone playing a silly game.Now Teddy could do all.I would fart on our enemies at war and opponents in games.hehehe.
They still say u dead. this is weird

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85100
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

HilLogic wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant post,'Nope'. But what if....there is no password set?
If Una had no password set, then whoever this is has complete access to everything that he held private. Like I said, in my opinion this is revolting and nothing short of a vulgar sacrilege in the wake of his passing.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85101
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

HilLogic wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant post,'Nope'. But what if....there is no password set?
I agree with Nope, and I don't believe he would have operated without a password for Windows. But it is also possible that the password was written on a piece of paper somewhere.
HilLogic

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85102
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

'Nope' & 'AW'; You are both probably right on this, but I know people who live alone sometimes don't bother to set passwords. All I know for sure is that this too shall pass in time.:-)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85103
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
I agree totally.People who protects our country should definitely get paid more then someone playing a silly game.Now Teddy could do all.I would fart on our enemies at war and opponents in games.hehehe.
Please stop posting here and passing yourself off as Una. We know he is gone and never will come back and tease or please us with his wit. It is just not right. Please let him rest in peace. We know him to well and how he wrote, not to mention we all know what he would of said to each of if he were posting. Especially addressing the situation. If you are a family member, know that he was a menace for awhile, but made peace with those he taunted and made many friends in the last few months. It would seem that you would be trying to convince them on the forum he posted most and not the statewide thread that no longer show up on it. Thank you, and tell his family there are many who will miss him and we have all those who loved him in our prayers. God Bless and GOODBYE!!!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85104
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Abeliever I dont want to look at Grand Central. It might show those homeless people and run-away kids laying in the doorways and over exhaust vents trying to stay warm, people digging in trash trying to find something to eat, and of course the hookers.. some even with a small children tagging along behind them. All that next door to the Grand Hyatt with rooms starting at $200 a night. But I bet they are not showing all that "History".
You are right, thanks for ruining it for me...hahaha I loved the famous architecture more than anything. I take it all in when I go sightseeing in my travels. Especially old cities and fire departments. It amazes me. That "history" you speak of sadly is in every big city. It is the world we live in now.

Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85105
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I vote the showgirls in the pink bus win the COKE!!! HAHAHA (Super Bowl commercial) haha

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85106
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Nope, and I don't believe he would have operated without a password for Windows. But it is also possible that the password was written on a piece of paper somewhere.
I agree. As long as we all knew him on here, he had a keen sense of recollection. He was FAR from stupid, nor did he suffer from memory loss or dementia as far as we could tell...

I also doubt that he kept anything like that on paper though. It is likely that he may have kept password information in a 'desktop' file on his PC though. And in this case if the PC was running, then so was Windows. And as long as Windows was logged into, his desktop/wordpad/text files would be visible to whoever wanted to click on them.

Whoever is doing this just needs to explain WHY they're doing it and/or just let it go.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85107
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Abeliever wrote:
On this Super Bowl Sunday 70 years ago..
Real heroes: four died so others might live
Four military chaplains were on board the World War II military transport ship S.S. Dorchester when it was sunk by a German torpedo on February 3, 1943. As the ship was going down, the men gave their life jackets to young soldiers who had none.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/03/opinion/greene-...
It is just not right that those playing today wearing helmets make the money they do compared to those with helmets that defend our country. A shame, isn't it.
Hello Abeliever and Everybody else! Speaking of Super Bowl I just returned back to my truck. I've been hanging out on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter. Big Super Bowl/pre Mardi Gras party in progress.

I reckon I didn't get enough last night.

And what did I read above? Are they saying UNA has passed away???

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85108
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

HilLogic wrote:
'Nope' & 'AW'; You are both probably right on this, but I know people who live alone sometimes don't bother to set passwords. All I know for sure is that this too shall pass in time.:-)
Darlin', there's not a single thing in my household that's not secured in some way, shape or form... You have to leave at some point and time, if only just for groceries.

I trust NO ONE that fully...
Only my immediate family earns that right.
:)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85109
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Abeliever and Everybody else! Speaking of Super Bowl I just returned back to my truck. I've been hanging out on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter. Big Super Bowl/pre Mardi Gras party in progress.
I reckon I didn't get enough last night.
And what did I read above? Are they saying UNA has passed away???
Hello Blue!

You've got some catching up to do in the thread....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll: Opposition to gay marriage waning in Ky. 26 min Conroy 2
Bottoms Up Louisville (Aug '08) 30 min Male Genitals 52
Candidate for Tummy Tuck (A) 2014 31 min Male Genitals 2
Tabby Cat 1 hr I want to know 1
Clinton to appear in Lexington, Hazard with Grimes 2 hr Marie 10
Republican state Rep. Ben Waide indicted 2 hr Jumper The wise 1
McConnell leads Grimes in Bluegrass Poll 2 hr Responsibility 10
Mitch McConnell 3 hr Mr Facts 50
Carla Rushing Aka The pornstar Cody lane Living... (Nov '11) 9 hr Sebastian 237
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... (Jan '14) Jul 25 john 48
•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••