Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,566)

Showing posts 71,301 - 71,320 of81,553
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Good morning everyone. Looks like everybody is chatting up a storm, and I missed out on the good conversation. But alas, I have a friend in Maine who is going through some emotional turmoil and I've been on the phone with her for hours at a time. It is COLD out there this morning. This weather is freaky. I really need spring to arrive so I can go outdoors and walk for exercise. My muscles have deteriorated into a mass of flab since I've been sick. Hate that. Plus gravity is doing its work on my aging body. Have another doctor appointment this afternoon. I'll pop in from time to time today.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Good morning bird threaders. It is a whopping 7 degrees here. Sun is shining bright and I have not even opened my door. I think I will wait until I have my last cup of java before I venture out to throw all my bread, cornbread, stale rolls etc out to the birds and see if my fat gray tom is out waiting for food and fresh water (probably has ice in his bowl).

Hope everyone is staying warm. I am going back to read up where I left off. Anxious to see if misty eyed was the correct answer of our mystery last night.

BRB

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwwwwww! He's hit puppy puberty!!
<<clapping hands for little Biscuit>>!!
(Even my SMALLEST dog baby is over 50 pounds. LOL. I don't waste time or money buying any small bags of crunchies around here, to say the least)!!
I have outside dogs that refuse to come in. They have build up winter coats and can get in some of the barns if they want to. My lab is well over 100 pounds, and the other two are about 50-60 pounds. Stein is the smallest at about 30 pounds, but he thinks he's one of the big guys and rules the roost. He stays inside and pretends to guard the family.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Misty Eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Just heard from partner 9p.m. eastern time, passing thru Tennessee on his way to Danville, Arkansas. Electric has tried to go out here in eastern ky. Hope not, it's too darn cold. I'm gonna nap for several hours. Debating whether to fix coffee and put it in a thermos/ carafe. If the electric goes poof, no java. We have bout two inches of the s stuff. It ain't pretty.Stay warm folks...and safe;)
Good morning Misty Eyed, I told AW I thought it was you, I remembered you said your man was heading to Arkansas. I hope your power didn't go off. I am glad you posted again and didn't let the meaness here keep you away. That was all mild compared to before Christmas. I apologize for my part in it and hope you continue to join us. This has been an escape for me for two years having found some real decent folks not trash talking every day like most threads. I have learned allot on this thread and made some wonderful friends I hope to meet someday. So glad you came back. You stay warm and safe too, hope your man makes it back safe and soon.

Have a wonderful day!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Wow it's COLD here! Only a very light dusting of snow, but those temperatures. Grr!!!!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Luck, say did you once use another ID? We have been trying to determine it?
Good morning Ancient Wolf. I originally thought it was MistyEyed, only because I remembered that Arkansas trip she mentioned, then I thought maybe it was "unspoken heart", who was so sweet in all her posts. Maybe she will come back. It is great having betty back.

Hope your son made to Indianapolis with no trouble. Stay warm.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Time for some scrambled eggs and bacon. I don't usually eat this early, but I'm famished for some odd reason!
Be back a little bit later after I eat a bite and get a few chores done!!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

betty wrote:
cautionary tale #405
DO NOT!!!....... eat an activia yogurt and then go directly to sleep unless you want to wake up a few hours later feeling like your intestines are trying to beat their way to freedom.
school is canceled and im waiting for a call back from my besty to find out weather she is calling in or im still watching the munchkins today.... hope i at least get my nephew or i may have to build snow men myself to keep from dieing of boredom.
been up since five, already did the dishes i slacked on last night, folded the laundry i stashed in a closet weds night, mopped the kitchen and filed my taxes.
now im just bored.
That is too funny Betty. I hate yogurt.:(

Want to do my taxes while your at it? hahaha I wish I could claim all those I have help support this last year. lol I hope you have fun with your nephew if he makes it. I don't think we have enough snow here except maybe to make a snowball. haha Fine by me. lol
I need to go out this afternoon and pass out that retirement check. haha
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
No you would not, that would mean you would have to get up several times and go stoke the fire and hope some other restless soul was on Topix to chat with. But if the electric goes out, then I will be the lucky one.
EVERY ROSE HAS A THORN!!! lol
AW, I was checking fb and seen this on my page asking if you knew who was in this picture .....it was willie and his friends Highwaymen haha what a coincidence after all that youtubing I did yesterday. haha

Old Farts & Jackasses

If you do FB, I think you mentioned once you did, not sure. Type that in the search block and it will take you to their page. It is awesome. Love the old black and white photos.

It has the greatest pictures and stories of all the old great ones. Funny title for a fb page huh?

I never minded tending to that fireplace anymore than tending to that inground pool we had. Lot of work on both, but soooooooooo worth it. I'd still be there if my man hadn't been killed. Too big a house and upkeep for me alone after he died. Maybe again some day.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine are already out and eating their hot oatmeal. It's so easy to make in the nuke-o-wave. Quick oats and water, with yummies added to cool it down. I hope they get their gullets full before it freezes into a large clump of stiff paste.. It usually doesn't last that long though, LOL! If there are leftovers, I have a few smart squirrels that have caught on to where warm vittles have been served..
This morning they got strewn aside parrot seeds in it with some cat crunchies plus the leftover veggies from dinner last night. Had to put some pretty warm water in the 'outside the coop' drinking water bowl.
(Thankfully I have a small flock, so it's not breaking the bank to give them these goodies. They seem to love it, and that's all that matters to me, hehe. Happy hens = nice, big, orange yolked eggs).
My pan bowl light over the bottom half of a 5 gallon drywall bucket worked just fine and kept their water from freezing. Mine got scratch grains, layena pellets, and a left over whole pumpkin from halloween. That ought to make orange yolked eggs. LOL I have 20 un-named layers, 2 young roosters, and Chief Fat Feather.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
THE SUN IS PEEKING OUT!! There's hope for this day yet!! Maybe we'll hit a balmy 20 degrees after all??? As of now my outdoor thermometer is only topped out at 12... Brrrrr, I say. Just plain BRRRRRRRR.
BRRRRRRRRRRRR is right "Nope", sorry the miracle mix didn't work on your stairs. Mine are clear. Let us know if your additives work on your mix. It is entirely too cold, but happy there is sunshine and we didn't get more than 1-2 inches. My sister called an hour ago and said they had done a great job salting the roads and all main roads were pretty clear. Glad I don't have to venture out too far. I will put that off until late afternoon prior to all the 4:00 quitting time traffic. lol

Have a good day and stay warm. Sure was nice having good conversations again with no big gaps from removals.:)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Ancient Wolf. I originally thought it was MistyEyed, only because I remembered that Arkansas trip she mentioned, then I thought maybe it was "unspoken heart", who was so sweet in all her posts. Maybe she will come back. It is great having betty back.
Hope your son made to Indianapolis with no trouble. Stay warm.
He is on his way back home now with no problem. I was just searching for the older ID, I knew the similarities were the same. I agree, she is a pleasant poster and this thread needs more or for the rest of us to convert LOL

I think UH is the one previously posting as "so true" or something like that. Another nice poster.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
No AB, didn't buy him a sweater but he does have a floor full of toys for me to step on. This morning little biscuit lifted his leg to pee for the first time,, my baby is growing up, he's a man now,,.lol. He is no longer a squater. Sniff, sniff they grow up so fast. Oh, his weight has doubled, the vet weighted him in at 9 pounds yesterday.
I didn't think you would have a "foo foo" pet. hahaha It cracks me up when I see doggy clothes. Toys are a must. I have my share of cat toys some filled with kitty weed (catnip). They crack me up when they are tossing them in the air, chasing them, attacking them like they are higher than a kite. That catnip makes them crazy. Or I should say crazier. lol
I know that little biscuit is happy you rescued him. Did you ever tell us what he was, what color etc? You know there are some not posting who still miss your daily reports. lol I kinda miss their rewrites. They were too funny.
You and biscuit stay warm and have a fantastic day.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
He is on his way back home now with no problem. I was just searching for the older ID, I knew the similarities were the same. I agree, she is a pleasant poster and this thread needs more or for the rest of us to convert LOL
I think UH is the one previously posting as "so true" or something like that. Another nice poster.
Great news about your son. Glad he didn't have any problems. I wonder where Blueminer is.

It is hard to keep up with people when they change names like so many do on this thread.(Other than Sybil)

Chief Fat Feather, too cute. haha
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

@AB.. no wonder you did not mind the fireplace and the pool, you had help. LOL I had a pool once and took a back hoe and filled it in, covered it with dirt, and planted flowers.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I have outside dogs that refuse to come in. They have build up winter coats and can get in some of the barns if they want to. My lab is well over 100 pounds, and the other two are about 50-60 pounds. Stein is the smallest at about 30 pounds, but he thinks he's one of the big guys and rules the roost. He stays inside and pretends to guard the family.
Lala, I hope your friend in Maine finds some solutions soon and I am sure she is lucky to have you as a sounding board. I hate you have to get out today in the cold for a dr appt. Hope all goes well. Stein cracks me up, my nephew has a little dog who thinks he rules the kingdom and the big dogs outside let him believe it. It is comical to say the least watching him strut his little self.

Have a good day.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@AB.. no wonder you did not mind the fireplace and the pool, you had help. LOL I had a pool once and took a back hoe and filled it in, covered it with dirt, and planted flowers.
Yes, I did. We thoroughly enjoyed both. Now I lounge at my best friends during the summer and enjoy the fireplaces/woodstoves when I go out in the sticks and stay at my sisters or nephew and his wife's ponderosa. It takes me back to many cozy memories.

I see you are still hailing from Berea. haha
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

I am off to fix a bite to eat and get things done before I defrost that car and head out later. I will check back in later to see who has joined us.

I miss Teddy, Grandpa "I", I hope they are okay.

Hope everyone has a good day.:)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

well I am off here for now. My oldest son is on his way over. The youngest is the trucker. Have a good day everyone. It is cold, but it could be worse. I remember January 1962 when it was 19 below zero right here in Kentucky.
Rex 86

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
well I am off here for now. My oldest son is on his way over. The youngest is the trucker. Have a good day everyone. It is cold, but it could be worse. I remember January 1962 when it was 19 below zero right here in Kentucky.
Lol...wow..it's good too see u posting still !!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,301 - 71,320 of81,553
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
POLICE: Louisville woman shot at granddaughter,... 1 hr LouisvilleKYreport 1
Mitch McConnell 2 hr hovel 3
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr JOE NASTY 26,182
Cindy Cummings (Jun '12) 5 hr Jeez 46
Steven Allison 6 hr jaded 2
What happened to the Mitch McConnell thread? 12 hr hovel 6
Robbie Ashcraft 12 hr RemainUnamed 44
•••

Air Quality Alert for Jefferson County was issued at July 22 at 3:56AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••