Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
71,201 - 71,220 of 81,594 Comments Last updated Wednesday
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84713 Jan 31, 2013
betty wrote:
lmao.... seeing three of them already
sorry guys
Hi betty, that is too funny. Hope you are having a good night.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#84714 Jan 31, 2013
Betty, I'd LOVE to reply to your post. But I'm going to wait until the sniffer bot decides which one it's going to remove for you, ROFLMBO!!!

This web site gets some strange "ticks" sometimes, hehe.

I'll wait a bit to see what I can and can't reply to, haha!!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84715 Jan 31, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi betty, that is too funny. Hope you are having a good night.
Those kiddos will keep you on your toes. I know what you mean about that city and the surrounding ones. They built it up too much and too fast during BRAC and continue to move country living further and further out building neighborhoods for to house them. Pawn shops and fast food, that's about it for that place.

Tell hubby, mold was the reason they tore that Armor Inn (NCO Club) down to the ground. The mold was so bad they couldn't clean or kill it. Lots of places like that probably need to be but are cleaned so often a couple places like Pike Hall (Chaplains, EEO, JAG, federal court) smells like bleach all the time. It causes so many problems. Please don't let it get out of hand. It definitely will affect your health.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84716 Jan 31, 2013
HilLogic wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for 'The Thrill,'Abeliever'; it's my favorite BB song of all time! And watching B.B. and Clapton on stage together is a thrill in and of itself! Notice their body language; they aren't just 'playing' the music, they become ONE with it! Truly amazing to watch and know the feeling. No wonder it has been called the devil's music. lol - But anything that can be so all-consuming can be a scary thing.- And on a more humorous note; I will say that your video gave me something to FINALLY compliment the president on; at least he has good taste in music and musicians! LOL
You are welcome Logic. We use to have music night after we had exhausted research and theories on the birds dropping dead. I love Clapton and BB King. I enjoyed hearing them as well as lot of music today. I went on to get my favs out while working when I left here it made me want to just hear more. lol
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#84717 Jan 31, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
haha, I am going to try and see if they send me some place else AW. Berea is the first thing I seen. haha
Dinner and dishes done, hot shower and snuggly "soft kitty" night shirt, fuzzy socks, and ready for one of my favorite shows, Person of Interest to come on.
I thought I would check and see how you folks are doing and if weather is changing yet. It is cold here, flurries covering the cars, bushes, and grass. Not the driveway yet. Melts when it hits as of now. Not for long so the weather man says.
I hope everyone is having a good evening and are staying warm. Hope the good music summoned Peace and Watch. I sure miss them. We use to have music at least once a week. Nothing takes you down memory lane more than music.:)
my sister in- law and i are all into that new show on abc called scandal... we don't miss an episode. but she don't get local channels on her satellite package so she comes over every thursday night so we can watch it off my clandestine free antenna tv..... im doing the fuzzy sock thing, but mickey mouse fuzzy pants (and of course) a betty boop T.

same here on the snow so far, flurring no sticking ... hope it holds off on sticking here till midnight, hubby has to leave for work at eleven. he drives all night but the speed limit at Bernheim is only like fifteen, plus then its not our vehicle to get messed up so i dont worry much about the snow sticking making it slick on his shift, but the drive into work is all the way down I65, that one always makes me nervous, even when its mid-summer and dry... so hope it holds till he gets there at least.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#84718 Jan 31, 2013
Well Good Night folks. I can't wait up on the wayward UNA much longer. He was up early and gone. He must not have gotten the memo.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84719 Jan 31, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Well Good Night folks. I can't wait up on the wayward UNA much longer. He was up early and gone. He must not have gotten the memo.
Goodnight Ancient Wolf, all that s-word "blast" is coming your way. Coming down as hard as it can along with the temps. Have some pleasant dreams until tree time. Might catch you then.

didn't get the memo, hahaha, he will like that.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84720 Jan 31, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
my sister in- law and i are all into that new show on abc called scandal... we don't miss an episode. but she don't get local channels on her satellite package so she comes over every thursday night so we can watch it off my clandestine free antenna tv..... im doing the fuzzy sock thing, but mickey mouse fuzzy pants (and of course) a betty boop T.
same here on the snow so far, flurring no sticking ... hope it holds off on sticking here till midnight, hubby has to leave for work at eleven. he drives all night but the speed limit at Bernheim is only like fifteen, plus then its not our vehicle to get messed up so i dont worry much about the snow sticking making it slick on his shift, but the drive into work is all the way down I65, that one always makes me nervous, even when its mid-summer and dry... so hope it holds till he gets there at least.
I haven't watched them. I am caught up in the Person of Interest show now. Commercial. lol

It is coming down here fast and hard. Sticking everywhere. That melted stuff on the roads earlier will now freeze with snow on top. Wind has kicked up too. Not going to be a good night to be out. I hope hubby gets there and back without much trouble. It doesn'tlook like it is going to hold off until midnight.

Have a great night. I am so happy to see you back.:)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#84721 Jan 31, 2013
Goodnight, AW.

On another note, snow stopped here hours ago. Just barely above freezing point right now. But I heard the weather guy mention single digits somewhere in our vicinity earlier today. I rarely turn this t.v. on and when I do, I tend to get sidetracked pretty easily.

Betty, I hope your hubby is safe tonight.

Anyone heard from Blue, by the way? Wonder where he is about now?

I spoke to a family member who's up in Boston. She said it's freezing butt cold up there too. Though oddly it's a few degrees warmer than we are right now. But they have the sea breezes which make for a different kind of of chill that gets in your bones.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#84722 Jan 31, 2013
Windy and chilly here, but so far, no snow. I think it's going to miss us.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#84723 Jan 31, 2013
As long as we're comparing P.Jammies, I'm wearing my new 'Joe Boxer' brand SpongeBobs with matching fuzzy socks and tank top. Well, they're pretty new anyway. I wore them for the first time the other night since I got them for Christmas and they hit the wash the next. They're so comfy, I put them back on tonight after I showered.
So technically they're still kind of new, right??
:)
one

Irving, TX

#84724 Jan 31, 2013
it snowed.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#84725 Jan 31, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't watched them. I am caught up in the Person of Interest show now. Commercial. lol
It is coming down here fast and hard. Sticking everywhere. That melted stuff on the roads earlier will now freeze with snow on top. Wind has kicked up too. Not going to be a good night to be out. I hope hubby gets there and back without much trouble. It doesn'tlook like it is going to hold off until midnight.
Have a great night. I am so happy to see you back.:)
I'm glad they finally concluded the first part of this episode, I did not think the woman was killed when she was hit with the air strike, ha, can't fool ol Hemp, typical spy subplot.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#84726 Jan 31, 2013
Right now it's snowing to give it heck in Lexington and Frankfort. Glad I'm snuggled up here with the critters.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#84727 Jan 31, 2013
one wrote:
it snowed.
We don't use that word on here, it's the "S" word please.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#84728 Jan 31, 2013
Ooops. Sorry.

The sky is leaking that puffy, frozen white stuff all over Lexington and Frankfort...

My bad...
:)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#84729 Jan 31, 2013
Snowing in Bowling Green, and Glasgow, but nothing here.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84730 Jan 31, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Goodnight, AW.
On another note, snow stopped here hours ago. Just barely above freezing point right now. But I heard the weather guy mention single digits somewhere in our vicinity earlier today. I rarely turn this t.v. on and when I do, I tend to get sidetracked pretty easily.
Betty, I hope your hubby is safe tonight.
Anyone heard from Blue, by the way? Wonder where he is about now?
I spoke to a family member who's up in Boston. She said it's freezing butt cold up there too. Though oddly it's a few degrees warmer than we are right now. But they have the sea breezes which make for a different kind of of chill that gets in your bones.
Good evening Nope, I was wondering about Blueminer myself and I meant to ask AW if his son was on the road. There were a lot of semi accidents the last couple days and it is coming down as fast as it can right now, we might get 2 inches, of course it is worse across the river. Glad the Ohio River sends it to OHIO lol. I barely caught it on the news and think it was Ohio, Ind, Ill area. I might look for it on the news sites I watch. Everytime I see or hear about them I think of AW's son and Blueminer. Now Betty's hubby now that she updated us on him getting cleared to drive again.

Just checked and the white stuff is minimal, almost done, wind still zipping, probably blowing it off the trees and roof. Temps are definitely dropping. Brrrrrrr Wish I still had a fireplace or a woodstove.:)

Hope you seen the sinkhole story I posted. Don't know how many of them were removed other than no nuts icons..haha when all the rest did. Plus the earthquakes and extreme weather, if the animals start acting up we better brace ourselves. haha

Have a good night and stay warm.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#84731 Jan 31, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Snowing in Bowling Green, and Glasgow, but nothing here.
Shhhhhh, Roaming... You'll get in trouble using that paricular "S" word, hehe.
(It's "S****ng in Bowling Green, and Glasgow, but nothing here").

It's not "S****ng" here yet either. But I think it's on the way.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#84732 Jan 31, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening Nope, I was wondering about Blueminer myself and I meant to ask AW if his son was on the road. There were a lot of semi accidents the last couple days and it is coming down as fast as it can right now, we might get 2 inches, of course it is worse across the river.
Yes, I saw the link. Thanks for posting it! You hadn't addressed me in quite a while so I assumed you had jumped on the "Haters of Nope" bandwagon with the other two... So that's why I didn't reply. I'm sorry if I was mistaken. I tend to just keep my gator shut if someone doesn't want me to chat with them. Again, I'm sorry if I misunderstood.

I don't know how much more my sink has grown. I've not been out there to look what with the rainy weather and all. I don't see any white caps out there and nothing is breaking water, hehe. So far it's still dry. I've got my fingers crossed that it's found it's topping off point, or dropping off point, whatever the case may be.

There was someone else who was on the threads during that Sandy Storm outbreak who said their honey was an OTR trucker too. I could have sworn it was WKG, but I might be wrong... I just hope they're all safe. It IS about time for Blue to check in though..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min brer rabbit 1,206
Do you approve of Melaine Roberts as County Judge? 16 min A happy Bullitt C... 6
Steven Allison 3 hr Steven allison 14
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 3 hr honeymylove 7,935
Ridiculed and laughed at on the city bus. 3 hr victimoftheft 9
remember the dew drop inn back in the 70's and... (Jul '10) 6 hr cntrygirl267 43
Mitch McConnell 8 hr r Facts 419
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... (Jan '14) Aug 23 martyg73 71
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••