Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,554)

Showing posts 71,061 - 71,080 of81,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

79-year-old German man lives, eats with wolves

An Arctic wolf can devour bloody chunks of bone and meat whole — but that doesn’t stop Werner Freund from cuddling up next to the wild animals, sticking his face in the middle of their meal, and showering them with sloppy French kisses. The wolf researcher, who pioneered German wolf conservation in the 1970s, has been living with wolf packs for more than 40 years. He started Wolfspark sanctuary in Saarland and, at almost 80, the former paratrooper still acts as the alpha male to six distinct packs, describing himself as "half wolf." Judging from the photos above of Freund howling, wrestling, and ripping into caribou flesh, we believe him.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/werner-freund-german-wolfm...

Wow, wonderful slide show with beautiful white wolves. Unbelievable how he interacts with them.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

For Hemburn: Hope you don't have a "doggie door" if this guy had one they would of probably kept coming. I would never have one of those doors...critters coming in your house while you sleeping..hahaha

Coyote pack chasing pets smashes door of home in Chicago suburb

A pack of coyotes chasing after a puppy broke several panes of glass in the door of a home in a suburb of Chicago Friday as they tried to chase the dog into the house.

Read more:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/26/16...

Going back to catch up and see what everyone is up too before I mix up my cornbread for my cast iron skillet. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not AB, but I am pretty sure it is based on location and what she posted about the power being out at work etc. She is cool, and has a great sense of humor and this thread can use all the humor it can get. People are just too uptight about things that don't matter all that much.
AB is certainly right about retiring removing the stress. I don't have nearly the material things that I once had, but I don't have the stress that goes with it either and I already had the heart attack which is why I am adamant about my exercise and Peaceful life-style.
Oh silly Benny Hill was free and on you tube. I knew one of his routines including music from Boots Randolph's Yakkety sax, and sure enough I found it.
Thanks, AW, I did answer him but it must be gone since it shows up on my page with no nuts, spam etc...like the rest of them. Nothing we aren't use to in two years. huh? lol

Yes, retiring twice is even more stressfree. lol I use to watch Benny Hill when I lived in Tennessee in the sticks. Only 3 channels maybe four on a good night. Benny Hill was one them. Crazy show.

Glad you didn't get the mess I seen around Lexington on the news.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Out of here to go get ready for a birthday supper. You folks have a good evening and watch the stress... it just is not worth it.
Have a great supper. It better not be your birthday since you didn't say it wasn't this time. If it is HAPPY BIRTHDAY! If it isn't, I hope someone had a good one and you enjoyed it. You are right, about the stress. No one on here has stressed me yet, and noone will. If I am still here after the beating I took for months, I am not going anywhere. Unless of course they ban me. haha
I am done. I wonder if they would let me post Godvine again. Instrumental instead of detrimental. lol I sure enjoyed sharing them.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Wow, no one here yet, I hope you are okay, napping, having dinner, watching Benny Hill lol, etc. I will check back later and see how everyone is doing. If not...Have a good evening.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Wow, I was mean.. hahaha Bring 'em on...don't bother me. I don't bother now that I have seen how easily one person can spin them 8 times.
High Abeliever :) Hoping you and everyone else here are nice and safe having a blessed day! You know I actually started reading this thread from the beginning last night? Wow you have been in from the get go and so has Ancient Wolf. I have made it a pretty good ways obviously not reading every single comment but most :) JustPlainFreaky really stands out intellectually as well. Hopefully I will read a bit further this evening lord willing. Well, fixing to take my lasagna out of the oven, yum yum =) Hope your fixing something yummy too! God Bless
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Hi Ugly Truth. Do me a favor and skip the post ot two where I was nasty to people LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

raining hard here now, I need to put a bucket under a leak in the roof. I hope my bucket don't have a hole in it. Oh well if it does, it will make mopping the floor easier. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

@Ugly Truth.. when reading through.. Just Plain Freaky and OhioJeepGirl is the same person, and has always been nice to me.
HilLogic

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
raining hard here now, I need to put a bucket under a leak in the roof. I hope my bucket don't have a hole in it. Oh well if it does, it will make mopping the floor easier. LOL
When your mentioned your bucket, I thought of this song. Sorry, I couldn't resist. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Robert Fripp

Guston, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Maybe it's Anti Aircraft flak that is killing the birds?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

HilLogic wrote:
<quoted text>
When your mentioned your bucket, I thought of this song. Sorry, I couldn't resist. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
That was the song I was thinking about too, but I did not associate it with Machmo.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

*Satchmo not machmo
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

UglyTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
High Abeliever :) Hoping you and everyone else here are nice and safe having a blessed day! You know I actually started reading this thread from the beginning last night? Wow you have been in from the get go and so has Ancient Wolf. I have made it a pretty good ways obviously not reading every single comment but most :) JustPlainFreaky really stands out intellectually as well. Hopefully I will read a bit further this evening lord willing. Well, fixing to take my lasagna out of the oven, yum yum =) Hope your fixing something yummy too! God Bless
Hello UglyTruth. Thank you. I hope you are doing safe and having a blessed day as well. Every day's a gift. Yeah, I have been here a long time, kept coming back due to the mystery of the birds dying we were trying to figure out and all the nice folks here, many I call my friends and even email with a few. I couldn't imagine going back and reading all that, but there were some real interesting conversations going on after the birds stop dropping dead. JPF/OJG and the anagram poster we call Sybil (really a guy), had very interesting comments going back and forth. We love her. She will be back. She posted a week or so ago. Work and moving has kept her busy. As Ancient Wolf posted, please skip over the ones I was mean in too. I use to fight with sybil, now I like him allot, same with Unafarter, Imposter and a few of their friends. We got past it all and call them my friends as well. I am sure you will learn allot about us if you keep reading. Sure wish some of them would come back. I had hoped they would when winter moved in. A few have from time to time.

That lasagna sounds so good. I almost made that, but lacked a few ingredients so I made Spagetti, salad and garlic bread.

I hope you come back and add to the thread. Especially since you are reading that far back you might have some questions or comments yourself. We'd be happy to share our thoughts with you.

You have a wonderful evening and may God Bless you as well.:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Hi Ugly Truth. Do me a favor and skip the post ot two where I was nasty to people LOL
Ditto for me. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Same here AW, and lots of wind whipping around out there. I am glad we were spared all the tornados. You have a leak? I find that hard to believe. Grab that bucket and next time your sons are there and weather permits you can fix it yourself I am sure. Just don't try it alone. Don't want nothing to happen to you. One of Hempburn's crows might be in your area and dive bomb you. lol

Have a good evening. These Super Bowl commercials on CBS are cracking me up. Especially the one about the Clydesdale horses playing football and a naked sheep comes through streaking. Too funny.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Robert Fripp wrote:
Maybe it's Anti Aircraft flak that is killing the birds?
Hi Robert, tell us more. I don't think we heard that theory.
Anagram

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello UglyTruth. Thank you. I hope you are doing safe and having a blessed day as well. Every day's a gift. Yeah, I have been here a long time, kept coming back due to the mystery of the birds dying we were trying to figure out and all the nice folks here, many I call my friends and even email with a few. I couldn't imagine going back and reading all that, but there were some real interesting conversations going on after the birds stop dropping dead. JPF/OJG and the anagram poster we call Sybil (really a guy), had very interesting comments going back and forth. We love her. She will be back. She posted a week or so ago. Work and moving has kept her busy. As Ancient Wolf posted, please skip over the ones I was mean in too. I use to fight with sybil, now I like him allot, same with Unafarter, Imposter and a few of their friends. We got past it all and call them my friends as well. I am sure you will learn allot about us if you keep reading. Sure wish some of them would come back. I had hoped they would when winter moved in. A few have from time to time.
That lasagna sounds so good. I almost made that, but lacked a few ingredients so I made Spagetti, salad and garlic bread.
I hope you come back and add to the thread. Especially since you are reading that far back you might have some questions or comments yourself. We'd be happy to share our thoughts with you.
You have a wonderful evening and may God Bless you as well.:)
I actually went back to the beginning of this thread too and started reading those early posts from two years ago. This was a very active thread from the very beginning and I think I joined the conversation after about the third week. I feel a sense of nostalgia when I read those conversations and at the same time it also feels like time has stood still since then. We have talked about a lot and have been through many changes, yet we are more or less the same (reminds of lyrics to 'The Boxer' from Simon and Garfunkel). I miss a lot of the old posters, even the ones I argued with. It was a really good thread back then. I wish some of the old regulars would come back.
Anagram

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto for me. lol
me too
i hear

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

the regulars are still around ,..
they just change their names

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,061 - 71,080 of81,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Louisville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Louisville People Search