Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
71,041 - 71,060 of 81,594 Comments Last updated Wednesday
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84539 Jan 30, 2013
dagon wrote:
<quoted text>
stress is the number 1 cause of dis-"ease".
I really do believe you are right.
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84540 Jan 30, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm baaaack. Time to take the afternoon nap. Will pop in later.
I'm glad you and hubby are back safely!:)
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84541 Jan 30, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a "mixer?"
That was a poster on this morning.
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84542 Jan 30, 2013
inkerfan wrote:
eventually , the oil on the Arab peninsula will dry up ,...
and that big fancy hospital will be abandoned and retaken by the desert ,...
the sheiks will be back to riding camels and killing the other tribes over putrid brackish wells
Yep, in the end it will all be rubble. But, if those hotels over there are that nice AND the bible says that God has created things for us in heaven that we can't even imagine...hmmm.:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84543 Jan 30, 2013
Out of here to go get ready for a birthday supper. You folks have a good evening and watch the stress... it just is not worth it.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#84544 Jan 30, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm baaaack. Time to take the afternoon nap. Will pop in later.
Good deal :)
WKG

Chicago, IL

#84545 Jan 30, 2013
I'm off to make the meatloaf and the cheesecake. Y'all have a good day!
Later.
lol

Georgetown, KY

#84549 Jan 30, 2013
Wow

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#84550 Jan 30, 2013
Indeed.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84551 Jan 30, 2013
Hello birdthreaders, where is everyone? Got my running around done and made it back before the rain blew in with the wind again. Only this time the temps are falling. All in all looking around us, we were lucky once again. I picked up a few branches and a stray styrofoam cooler (mine are all Coleman and stored). But that was it.:)

Across the river took the blunt of it. Harrison County Indiana, really got it. Tornado activity above us and in Tennessee. As well as earthquake activity. I think that post was removed. Maybe I will try again with just the info and no comments. haha

lala, I know you are fine, but I hope you didn't have anyone else affected like the people I seen in this video. Hope everything went well today.

Hempburn, you can look over to the left and a little picture of a cat that look's like lala's avatar has a story on the cat killers. lol

Plus, the evening news is using that "s" word again. It is suppose to be short lived though and not much. We can only hope.

Child injured in Marion County tornado
http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Photos-Storm...

Storms raking Southeast blamed for 2 deaths
http://weather.yahoo.com/storms-raking-southe...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84552 Jan 30, 2013
Just seen this one:

Magnitude-6.7 earthquake strikes Chile
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/30/magni...

Besides the many earthquakes in California, Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Oregon and Washington our two Madrid Fault Areas Missouri and Arkansas had one and so did South Carolina.

Oregon
Magnitude: 5.3
Missouri (also has a tornado listed)
Magnitude: 2.2
Arkansas
Magnitude: 2.1
South Carolina
Magnitude: 1.4
Texas
Magnitude: 2.8

Phillippines
Magnitude: 5.4

Today China 5.0

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84553 Jan 30, 2013
For lala, too cute

Sam, the cat with eyebrows, is the Internet's new favorite feline

Most cats' faces are permanently fixed to a blend of boredom and contempt for you and all your life choices. Not Sam, a cat with eyebrows that have made him a star on Instagram. Those two black marks on his forehead give him a range of expressions that's wider than most cats': There's surprise, concern, begging, and standard feline disapproval (perhaps that his photos are being uploaded to the Internet without his permission).[Source]
http://now.msn.com/cat-with-eyebrows-is-inter...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84554 Jan 30, 2013
79-year-old German man lives, eats with wolves

An Arctic wolf can devour bloody chunks of bone and meat whole ó but that doesnít stop Werner Freund from cuddling up next to the wild animals, sticking his face in the middle of their meal, and showering them with sloppy French kisses. The wolf researcher, who pioneered German wolf conservation in the 1970s, has been living with wolf packs for more than 40 years. He started Wolfspark sanctuary in Saarland and, at almost 80, the former paratrooper still acts as the alpha male to six distinct packs, describing himself as "half wolf." Judging from the photos above of Freund howling, wrestling, and ripping into caribou flesh, we believe him.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/werner-freund-german-wolfm...

Wow, wonderful slide show with beautiful white wolves. Unbelievable how he interacts with them.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84555 Jan 30, 2013
For Hemburn: Hope you don't have a "doggie door" if this guy had one they would of probably kept coming. I would never have one of those doors...critters coming in your house while you sleeping..hahaha

Coyote pack chasing pets smashes door of home in Chicago suburb

A pack of coyotes chasing after a puppy broke several panes of glass in the door of a home in a suburb of Chicago Friday as they tried to chase the dog into the house.

Read more:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/26/16...

Going back to catch up and see what everyone is up too before I mix up my cornbread for my cast iron skillet. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84556 Jan 30, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not AB, but I am pretty sure it is based on location and what she posted about the power being out at work etc. She is cool, and has a great sense of humor and this thread can use all the humor it can get. People are just too uptight about things that don't matter all that much.
AB is certainly right about retiring removing the stress. I don't have nearly the material things that I once had, but I don't have the stress that goes with it either and I already had the heart attack which is why I am adamant about my exercise and Peaceful life-style.
Oh silly Benny Hill was free and on you tube. I knew one of his routines including music from Boots Randolph's Yakkety sax, and sure enough I found it.
Thanks, AW, I did answer him but it must be gone since it shows up on my page with no nuts, spam etc...like the rest of them. Nothing we aren't use to in two years. huh? lol

Yes, retiring twice is even more stressfree. lol I use to watch Benny Hill when I lived in Tennessee in the sticks. Only 3 channels maybe four on a good night. Benny Hill was one them. Crazy show.

Glad you didn't get the mess I seen around Lexington on the news.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84557 Jan 30, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Out of here to go get ready for a birthday supper. You folks have a good evening and watch the stress... it just is not worth it.
Have a great supper. It better not be your birthday since you didn't say it wasn't this time. If it is HAPPY BIRTHDAY! If it isn't, I hope someone had a good one and you enjoyed it. You are right, about the stress. No one on here has stressed me yet, and noone will. If I am still here after the beating I took for months, I am not going anywhere. Unless of course they ban me. haha
I am done. I wonder if they would let me post Godvine again. Instrumental instead of detrimental. lol I sure enjoyed sharing them.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#84558 Jan 30, 2013
Wow, no one here yet, I hope you are okay, napping, having dinner, watching Benny Hill lol, etc. I will check back later and see how everyone is doing. If not...Have a good evening.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#84560 Jan 30, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Wow, I was mean.. hahaha Bring 'em on...don't bother me. I don't bother now that I have seen how easily one person can spin them 8 times.
High Abeliever :) Hoping you and everyone else here are nice and safe having a blessed day! You know I actually started reading this thread from the beginning last night? Wow you have been in from the get go and so has Ancient Wolf. I have made it a pretty good ways obviously not reading every single comment but most :) JustPlainFreaky really stands out intellectually as well. Hopefully I will read a bit further this evening lord willing. Well, fixing to take my lasagna out of the oven, yum yum =) Hope your fixing something yummy too! God Bless
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84562 Jan 30, 2013
Hi Ugly Truth. Do me a favor and skip the post ot two where I was nasty to people LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#84563 Jan 30, 2013
raining hard here now, I need to put a bucket under a leak in the roof. I hope my bucket don't have a hole in it. Oh well if it does, it will make mopping the floor easier. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min Ali the great one 1,215
Do you approve of Melaine Roberts as County Judge? 1 hr A happy Bullitt C... 6
Steven Allison 4 hr Steven allison 14
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 4 hr honeymylove 7,935
Ridiculed and laughed at on the city bus. 4 hr victimoftheft 9
remember the dew drop inn back in the 70's and... (Jul '10) 7 hr cntrygirl267 43
Mitch McConnell 9 hr r Facts 419
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... (Jan '14) Aug 23 martyg73 71
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••