Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,551)

Showing posts 71,001 - 71,020 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
mixer

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

I am new to this site can embody explain what all the symbols are for. These comments seems nice but got mean faces on em whats at all about
HilLogic

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

I am new to this thread as well, but I think the symbols you referred to are put there by people who are angry because they are incapable of expressing themselves verbally through intelligent dialog and therefore must resort to posting nasty symbols.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

people tend to judge post based on their personal feelings towards others....rather than weather or not intelligent or nice conversation is taking place.

at the right time of day you could say the sun is out and the sky is blue and and get mean faces, off light bulbs and peanuts

or you could spout a full line of !@%$#!^$!^ profanity and get smileys and hearts.

been that way since the beginning of the thread.... just ignore it :)
HilLogic

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, KY neighbors! I hope everyone remains safe today. School has been cancelled for today in Laurel Co., as the storm is due to hit at the time the buses would be on the road. I'm sure that is a relief to all parents of school age children.
I will keep a watch on TWC along with prayers for safety of everyone in the path of the storms. Batten down the hatches and have a great day!

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

WKG wrote:
I made it! It is WINDY out there! The wind seems to be coming out of the south so maybe it will miss y'all. Lightening is flashing across the west. This is not good, it is 70 degrees out there! Just heard a mobile home has been blow over, in IL I think - trees down too. I hope nobody gets hurt!
Sounds terrible out here, but winds are abating just a little. I have to go to a doctor's appointment in Shepardsville (just outside of Louisville)this morning. Hubby drives, but I still don't like to go on the highways when weather is bad. I'm a little gunshy about wet roads because of hydroplaning.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Very windy here, my poor chicken laid the same egg three times. Ok, so I got no chicken, but it is very windy. Took the dog out and he was scared of the wind sounds. So I carried him further out into the yard and then the rains hit. We got soaked before we could get back in and he still did not get to go. Under a tornado watch here until noon so batten the hatchs mates.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Storm has passed where I am. Heard at least one tree fall somewhere not far off, but I'm in the woods so I won't know until the sun comes up. The sound of the wood splitting and ripping, then that infamous thud...

It was nasty for a while! The phone rang at around 5:30 with the auto-warning system telling of approaching danger. About 1/2 an hour later, all hell broke loose. The dogs all jumped up, my ears popped and a gust shook the house like a truck had gone by. As quickly as that came, it was gone and the torrential rains came. Again, as quickly as that barreled through, it was gone about 5 minutes later.

Now It's eerily quiet out there. London, Corbin, etc, are now in the bullseye from what the t.v. news is stating.

You all stay save out there! I care about each of you and said a prayer for your safety!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

*You all stay SAFE out there... Sorry, not much sleep last night due to the winds.
mixer

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

ok cuz they seemd like nice posts it confusd me yall act nice

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Hempburn wrote:
Very windy here, my poor chicken laid the same egg three times. Ok, so I got no chicken, but it is very windy. Took the dog out and he was scared of the wind sounds. So I carried him further out into the yard and then the rains hit. We got soaked before we could get back in and he still did not get to go. Under a tornado watch here until noon so batten the hatchs mates.
Good morning, everyone. I've already had my second cup of coffee. The wind is starting to quiet down, but we are under tornado watch until noon. School has been delayed for one hour. I've got to leave in about an hour and hope that the worst of the storms are over. Talk to you this afternoon or evening (if I'm not blown away).
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

I may have to rethink singing "Soft Kitty" to Ab when she's ill or down. Seems the common house cat is responsible for killing 1.4 to 1.7 Billion birds every year. It is diffecult to estiamte the small animals killed by cats but it is between 6.9 and 20 billion rabbits, chipmunks, mice and other small mammals. Mass bird death has nothing on cats.

Perhaps I will just rewrite the song to a more realistic aspect.

"Hard kitty, tough kitty, little ball of death,, cold kitty harsh kitty, Tweety on your breath"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

mixer wrote:
ok cuz they seemd like nice posts it confusd me yall act nice
It's just a mute stalker/troll, "Mixer". We don't even pay attention to them any more. It's obvious who was doing it a long time ago anyway. When they DON'T show up, it's an oddity, LOL! But the pieces started to fall together eventually and was easy to see who it probably is.

It ain't nuthin' but a thang, baby..
:)

Don't be chased off by it! Those little dim bulbs and frowning faces don't amount to a hill of beans anyway. We really do have some funny talks in here sometimes, hehe! Stick around and join us!! The more, the merrier!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Hempburn wrote:
"Hard kitty, tough kitty, little ball of death,, cold kitty harsh kitty, Tweety on your breath"
Bwaaahahahaha! You're sharp witted this morning, lol. Good one, Hemp!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, everyone. I've already had my second cup of coffee. The wind is starting to quiet down, but we are under tornado watch until noon. School has been delayed for one hour. I've got to leave in about an hour and hope that the worst of the storms are over. Talk to you this afternoon or evening (if I'm not blown away).
Lala, you be careful out there. The roads are drenched. There are bound to be people in a huge hurry to get nowhere...
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Hempburn wrote:
I may have to rethink singing "Soft Kitty" to Ab when she's ill or down. Seems the common house cat is responsible for killing 1.4 to 1.7 Billion birds every year. It is diffecult to estiamte the small animals killed by cats but it is between 6.9 and 20 billion rabbits, chipmunks, mice and other small mammals. Mass bird death has nothing on cats.
Perhaps I will just rewrite the song to a more realistic aspect.
mine tend to leave them beheaded on my welcome mat. no wonder the Egyptians worshiped them...... you can cross a dog and five minutes later all they want is a petting and to lay at your feet. you cross a cat and your house gets ransacked, your shoes get peed in, and you wake up with unexplained scratch marks. i have never met a cat that didn't have some sort of personality disorder either. maybe the egyptians walked funny because they strolled with their backs pressed against the walls so they could see the furry little schizos coming.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

betty wrote:
<quoted text>
mine tend to leave them beheaded on my welcome mat. no wonder the Egyptians worshiped them...... you can cross a dog and five minutes later all they want is a petting and to lay at your feet. you cross a cat and your house gets ransacked, your shoes get peed in, and you wake up with unexplained scratch marks. i have never met a cat that didn't have some sort of personality disorder either. maybe the egyptians walked funny because they strolled with their backs pressed against the walls so they could see the furry little schizos coming.
Cats do have their little ticks. Any you are right they will grudge hold big time and don't forgive much.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Went to let the chickens out and assess the damage.

Minimal tree limbs down within eyesight so far and I found the tree that fell. It's not a huge tree and won't even need to be cut up any time soon. It just missed a stand of Cedars though.. It's one that was just at the edge of the wood line.

Everyone else okay?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Good morning Lala, where ever you are.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Went to let the chickens out and assess the damage.
Minimal tree limbs down within eyesight so far and I found the tree that fell. It's not a huge tree and won't even need to be cut up any time soon. It just missed a stand of Cedars though.. It's one that was just at the edge of the wood line.
Everyone else okay?
Everything is fine here, just watching the deer do the water removal dance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything is fine here, just watching the deer do the water removal dance.
AW, that's precious! I've not seen any here yet this morning. They're still probably hunkered down under the pines, hehe. Can't say as I blame them.

Looks like we were all protected this morning, although the news says a man did die in Tennessee from a falling tree. Makes me sad.. There will probably be reports of damage throughout the day. Hope there are no more injuries.

I'm headed back to bed now, hopefully get at last a few hours of sleep. It's pouring here again and is making me drowsy. Didn't get much rest for all the wind overnight..

Chat with you all later!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,001 - 71,020 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
All gays should be put into concentration camps (Jan '11) 30 min rick 34
Teen stabbed on city bus in critical condition,... 1 hr lol 27
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr Donnie B Can Not 922
I'll give BJs for $0.50 for X-mas money (Dec '11) 1 hr ha ha ha 13
Johnny "Crooked Nose" Masters (Feb '13) 1 hr ha ha ha 29
Johnny Masters - persistent criminal offender (Oct '13) 1 hr lol 4
Yall I'm comin out the closet! (Jan '13) 1 hr lol 39
•••
•••