HA! Funny! They just might have a point. lolI just saw some video from Adairsville, GA; looks like those folks down there didn't weather the storm so well; a lot of wind damage.
WKG, your omelet sounds wonderful, and I'm sure it was! And speaking of food, reminded me of a funny email I received. I'll share it.
1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
3.. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans..
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
6. The French eat lots of rich food and drink tons of wine and have fewer heart attacks than Americans.
Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
And to add my own note: I think stress is one of the biggest killers and laughter helps us live longer - and happier! So, my advise is to laugh more and stress less!
Oh yeah, for some reason that omlete was really good. I had my doubts about how good it would be on the beginning. Never had turkey in an omlete! lol I threw in a big ol' handful of jalapenos, wish they were a little warmer though. Everybody was talking about meatloaf yesterday so they have me making one today (out of deer meat). And a strawberry cheesecake!
Here's an easy cheesecake recipe:
2-8 oz pkgs cream cheese
1 c sugar
2 cans cherry pie filling (or whatever flavor you like)
1 c chopped walnuts
1 1/4 c flour
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter
1/2 c coconut
Mix up the crust and press into a 9X13 pan and bake on 350 for 15 minutes. Mix cake mixture until smooth and creammy, spread over crust and bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Cool then spread pie filling on top.
So good but a diet buster! LOL