Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,534)

Showing posts 70,661 - 70,680 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

My daughter, "step grandson" and then came to this old shack.

Why don't you just say what you mean? Instead of beating around the bush.
often

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I've often wondered how often the CEO or other board members really do pop in the threads.
There was a story once online about it and someone said that they did. And I've seen one or two where Mr Tolles did post something on Topix. Wish I could find them, I'd post the link. If I get some gumption tonight or tomorrow, I'll look around.
I'm going to go make that mug of hot chocolate. It's won the battle over of the cravings....
:)
I'd say they pop in here pretty often, especially since the KY State Attorney General has had to get involved in lawsuits over topix abuses. It would only make sense that they would have a bunch of hired mods to keep tabs on this forum.
decent

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the mod in charge of this thread is a pretty decent person and doesn't like hateful any more than vulgar.
This has actually become quite a decent thread compared to most, the hatefulness and vulgarity are pretty much gone at this point, wouldn't you say?
WKG

Kirkland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

clean socks wrote:
<quoted text>
now when have I ever used a dirty mouthed hateful sock?
Sometimes you come across as a little bit of a bully. I really dislike bullies no matter who or where they are or who they are bullying. To me it is just really hateful. I really don't think you are that kind of person but I suppose it is easy to get caught up in that kind of thing on the internet. What you said the other day about could we all face people and not be ashamed over something we have said was right on the money. Can you imagine how much fun this thread would be and what a stress reliever from real life it would be if everybody could get along while talking about whatever popped into their minds? I just really don't get how some people think being mean/abusive to another person is fun. That's just totally messed up to me.
eye

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know. Send in some feedback and ask maybe?
Best I can tell you, honestly.
I've read posts from people on here saying that they've even gotten replies in their private message boxes.
(You have to be a registered user to have that private messaging option though).
Aside from having clairvoyance, how could we ever know who might be in here reading what we post at any given time. Not unless you were at the helms of Topix out in Cali, anyway...
I'm pretty sure the folks from Palo Alto have their eye on this thread

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

often wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say they pop in here pretty often, especially since the KY State Attorney General has had to get involved in lawsuits over topix abuses. It would only make sense that they would have a bunch of hired mods to keep tabs on this forum.
It would stand to reason that the sheer size of this and the other three headliner threads alone would certainly mark them for stricter moderation... That only makes sense.

Topix did have a job listing at the bottom of the page for what they called a "Community Manager". I again assume that this would be a TopMod? I'd surely would have been interested, but there is no way possible for me to go to Cali for any type of orientation period. I've got too many critters here and don't trust anyone living around me to care for them for any length of time.

You have to admit, it might be an interesting job... But don't you wonder how they'd view the human race after dealing with so much smut for a living?

I'm a creature of habit, sticking to just a few threads that I enjoy. They wouldn't have that 'pick and choose' option.. I don't know if I could tolerate being thrown into some of the other threads for very long just for a paycheck. Even at California pay rates, hehe.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Hmm, so we are being watched by the topix man and members of the government.. big brother is watching topix birds. They will never know how many licks it took me to reach the very center of tootsie roll pop, never.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Just hanging out. Any bird news??
qwerty

Blue Creek, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine how much fun this thread would be and what a stress reliever from real life it would be if everybody could get along while talking about whatever popped into their minds?
That's what I hope for.

But, it seems some would rather "weigh in" than play along.
bully

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

WKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes you come across as a little bit of a bully. I really dislike bullies no matter who or where they are or who they are bullying. To me it is just really hateful. I really don't think you are that kind of person but I suppose it is easy to get caught up in that kind of thing on the internet. What you said the other day about could we all face people and not be ashamed over something we have said was right on the money. Can you imagine how much fun this thread would be and what a stress reliever from real life it would be if everybody could get along while talking about whatever popped into their minds? I just really don't get how some people think being mean/abusive to another person is fun. That's just totally messed up to me.
I'm not really a bully...except when I have to deal with another bully, then I let the dogs loose.
WKG

Kirkland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

decent wrote:
<quoted text>
This has actually become quite a decent thread compared to most, the hatefulness and vulgarity are pretty much gone at this point, wouldn't you say?
Well personally I seem to have a pretty good following of haters myself. haha The outright vulgarity seems to be controlled pretty well (if you don't count some people's bodily functions) but the hate is plentiful! Gone? Not at all.
Community Manager

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It would stand to reason that the sheer size of this and the other three headliner threads alone would certainly mark them for stricter moderation... That only makes sense.
Topix did have a job listing at the bottom of the page for what they called a "Community Manager". I again assume that this would be a TopMod? I'd surely would have been interested, but there is no way possible for me to go to Cali for any type of orientation period. I've got too many critters here and don't trust anyone living around me to care for them for any length of time.
You have to admit, it might be an interesting job... But don't you wonder how they'd view the human race after dealing with so much smut for a living?
I'm a creature of habit, sticking to just a few threads that I enjoy. They wouldn't have that 'pick and choose' option.. I don't know if I could tolerate being thrown into some of the other threads for very long just for a paycheck. Even at California pay rates, hehe.
from the way you have been posting here, it seems to me you have virtually interviewed and auditioned for the job...they would hire you in a second (if they haven't already) and there would be no need for you to go to Palo Alto.
WKG

Kirkland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure do agree with that! I don't think they could pay me enough to deal with some of the hatefulness found on this website. I wouldn't doubt that the majority of the posts on this website aren't hateful and/or vulgar. There have been times that I wish there was a way that I could block myself from ever coming on this website again, seriously! And that had nothing to do with this thread. It has its good points but it has its bad also.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

I think they do the best they can considering that they still seem to be trying to keep things open for debate. As long as things are polite I don't think they have a problem with what's posted unless it's vulgar wording that the sniffer bot picks up on.

I do admit, I've seen some things come down on other threads and forums that I didn't understand either. But it's usually always been something from a gray boxer. Maybe they got banned, maybe it was flagged for some other reason, I can't say. I've never been overly upset enough to ask about them.. Not like it's been some earth shattering comment that people would perish without reading anyway.

Is our discussion from last night still here, speaking of?? I've not thought to go backwards to look! ROFLMBO!!!
weigh in

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I hope for.
But, it seems some would rather "weigh in" than play along.
Your horoscopes is pretty much a "weigh in"...playing along means you communicate with others. I think this is probably the first time you're actually communicating, bravo. What made you finally come out of your shell?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

I had a good day and popped in here earlier to post and respond to Lala and then went off to do something else to came back to find and scan briefly through much negativity.

I won't allow that to ruin my positive day, so for now ADIOS.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>That's what happens when you run everyone off. Have a nice conversation with yourself.
Beautiful qwerty, as always simply beautiful.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Community Manager wrote:
<quoted text>
from the way you have been posting here, it seems to me you have virtually interviewed and auditioned for the job...they would hire you in a second (if they haven't already) and there would be no need for you to go to Palo Alto.
Thank you for the compliment, but no thank you. I'm quite happily retired and to think of being put back on a schedule of any kind literally turns my stomach. I'm happy doing things at my own pace and in my own time these days..
:)

And MY luck? The 'big one' would hit while I was out there..

I'd imagine thought that the pay scale is pretty fair for what they do. I'd also imagine there would be much more involved with that position than merely clicking away all day and reading smut complaints. I'd surely not want to spend my spare time chatting away on here after a day of that mess...

I wonder how many complaints they really do get in a day?
Yep

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I think they do the best they can considering that they still seem to be trying to keep things open for debate. As long as things are polite I don't think they have a problem with what's posted unless it's vulgar wording that the sniffer bot picks up on.
I do admit, I've seen some things come down on other threads and forums that I didn't understand either. But it's usually always been something from a gray boxer. Maybe they got banned, maybe it was flagged for some other reason, I can't say. I've never been overly upset enough to ask about them.. Not like it's been some earth shattering comment that people would perish without reading anyway.
Is our discussion from last night still here, speaking of?? I've not thought to go backwards to look! ROFLMBO!!!
it's still here last I checked.
WKG

Kirkland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

bully wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not really a bully...except when I have to deal with another bully, then I let the dogs loose.
I can agree with that myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,661 - 70,680 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••