Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
70,601 - 70,620 of 81,560 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

@Una.. You and Dog will be pleased to know that he will still get some crayons at Sunday School. Since AW is out of $$ and gas, AW Jr.(the oldest of 2) is coming to get us for Sunday School, Church, and buffet afterwards. If the GOOD LORD don't provide, my sons will. LOL

He will also be bringing a 5 year old that he and the wife have adopted as a 2nd family. His own son is grown and my grandson has also adopted 2 more and they may be coming also. Adopting homeless kids runs in our family. My younger brother has done the same thing. I think I have set a good example regardless of what W ky might post with little to no facts on reality.

Those kids like to come here and I teach them to respect the CREATOR's critters and they love to help me tend to the chickens. They especially love it when I have baby chicks they can watch.
sad

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Those poor birds...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Una.. You and Dog will be pleased to know that he will still get some crayons at Sunday School. Since AW is out of $$ and gas, AW Jr.(the oldest of 2) is coming to get us for Sunday School, Church, and buffet afterwards. If the GOOD LORD don't provide, my sons will. LOL
He will also be bringing a 5 year old that he and the wife have adopted as a 2nd family. His own son is grown and my grandson has also adopted 2 more and they may be coming also. Adopting homeless kids runs in our family. My younger brother has done the same thing. I think I have set a good example regardless of what W ky might post with little to no facts on reality.
Those kids like to come here and I teach them to respect the CREATOR's critters and they love to help me tend to the chickens. They especially love it when I have baby chicks they can watch.
That's really nice, you will have company. Dog will get to eat crayons and play with the kids, I bet he will be tired tonight. LOL. Adopting homeless kids is even nicer. No doubt they have a ball on your farm. They are very fortunate children, to have that love and attention. Yes, I would say you and yours have done well. Sometimes people have children by slip ups. With adoption there is a choice and it shows a special love. I know a couple that couldn't have children of their own. After a long wait on the process they adopted twin boys. The mother still cries and thanks God for them when she gets to talking about them and the long wait. I wish all children had that kind of love. Sometimes when I see teens out I will say something off the wall and start joking with them. Kids love it when older people interact with them. I have seen people walk around looking down their noses at young people, not me. Being mean to kids gets me riled up quicker than anything. Have a wonderful day AW and Dog too. Lol.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Whoo Wee!!! What a beautiful day. I just rolled over the 30,000 mark, delivering Gems of Wisdom, while conversing with AW.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Dawn detergent, I seen some post on it's many uses, here is another I've tried and works well for a weed killer,, gallon of vinegar, tablespoon of Dawn, cup of salt. Mix and apply in full sun. The weeds or grass will die overnight. Final cost about three bucks using cheap vinegar.

This morning was about a quiet morning outside that I can recall, not a sound of any kind. Cool.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Yeah, Una and I did not even mention the Nephew that has a little China girl. I am a little too old with limited resources and energy to take on one full time, but like you I would put the hurt on someone messing with kids.

I don't really have a farm, I only have about 2 acres out in the boondocks. Well time for me to get ready. Sunday school starts here in just a little over an hour. Have a good day. I bet you will really look sharp today in your new leisure suit. hehehe

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Yeah, Una and I did not even mention the Nephew that has a little China girl. I am a little too old with limited resources and energy to take on one full time, but like you I would put the hurt on someone messing with kids.
I don't really have a farm, I only have about 2 acres out in the boondocks. Well time for me to get ready. Sunday school starts here in just a little over an hour. Have a good day. I bet you will really look sharp today in your new leisure suit. hehehe
Those Chinese kids are cute. Me too AW, a bit to old for that. Lol. At our age two acres is more than enough to take care of. I don't have that much and it's a job. Yes, it's a tough decision. Lime green or red? Think I'll go with the lime green one today with a wider than a handsaw neck tie and my black & white wing tips. LOL.
WKG

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Ann Graham Lotz, "Signs we are living in the end times" (Part 1 - 10 min)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Ann Graham Lotz, "Signs we are living in the end times" (Part 2 - 10 min)

Good message.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Hempburn wrote:
Dawn detergent, I seen some post on it's many uses, here is another I've tried and works well for a weed killer,, gallon of vinegar, tablespoon of Dawn, cup of salt. Mix and apply in full sun. The weeds or grass will die overnight. Final cost about three bucks using cheap vinegar.
This morning was about a quiet morning outside that I can recall, not a sound of any kind. Cool.
Good morning Humpaburn, hope you are feeling better today. Is Biscuit up rarin' to go this morning? No doubt he's feeling good.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The Full Wolf Moon was still almost as bright as daylight at 5:30 EST when Dog and I went out to howl at the tree.
Good morning Ancient Wolf. It was a big beautiful full moon for sure. I had to smile when I read that Wolf Moon reference. Guess it is warming up for the rain we got coming. I will take it compared to what some people have to deal with. Mainly that s-word. haha I am ready for Spring.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@ABeliever...
Your list of uses for Dawn dish liquid did not (or I did not see it) show one very dear to the heart and nose of us Country Folk:
SKUNK ODORS:
Mix 1 quart of Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4 cup of Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon of DAWN dish liquid
Mix and pour on pet and leave on for no more than 5 minutes
Rinse Well.
Good one. That is one that would come in handy considering the skunks we have in Kentucky. Lots of them. Such cute critters to smell so bad. Dawn is the best.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Whoo Wee!!! What a beautiful day. I just rolled over the 30,000 mark, delivering Gems of Wisdom, while conversing with AW.
Good morning Teddy, Congrats. We are geering towards the 84K comments on our favorite thread.:) I hope you have a great day at Sunday service all decked out to the nines. Be sure and pray for us all. We ALL need as many as we can get. Enjoy.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

What the heck went on here yesterday, after I popped off of Topix? Stein and I were ready to take our afternoon siesta, when along comes company-- my eldest daughter and her two babies. That was the end of my posting--and my sleeping for the afternoon. Then, last night hubby took over the computer, and by the time he finished with it, I was off into dreamland. What's all the doo doo about a web cam?
I couldn't follow the posts, and why all the upset about Nope?? Too many questions, too few answers. That's my quote of the day.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
Good morning Hemburn. I hope you are feeling better and aren't too sore from your tumble. I knew there was one on weed killing but didn't see it in the article I posted. I will write this one down for those cracks in the sidewalk that I spray with Weed B Gone every year. It certainly will be cheaper. Thanks. I hope you enjoy your Sunday. Did you get offered any strange menus while in Japan? Check out this picture of a dirt meal. hahaha $110 haha

$110 Japanese dirt menu is more than just mud pies
Eating dirt has suddenly become a much more expensive proposition. The $110 dirt-themed menu from Japan's Ne Quittez Pas gives a whole new meaning to "salt of the earth," with chef Toshio Tanabe crafting seven different dishes centered around soil. But before you grab your shovel and try a bit of home cooking, you should know the "dirt" in this menu isn't just scooped up from the yard. It's actually made from the compost of a company called Protoleaf using discarded coffee grounds and palm fiber that are strictly safety tested.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/dirt-restaurant-in-japan-c...

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, everyone. Another chilly start to the day, but warming up some until the next blast of Canadian air, dipping down with the jet stream. Now, today is the Sabbath. No fighting on this day of rest. LOL
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

For the BIRDS:

Mom Decorah on nest & dad joins her, awesome to see both of them,1/26/13

1:44 she flies in. Awesome watching them together, sharing the nesting duties. I can't wait to see their family again this year. I wonder if the 3 they had last year ever come for a visit. Of course, 1 of them died by electrocution on a transformer. From egg to flight is something to see. I look forward to it. What majestic birds.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Good morning, everyone. Another chilly start to the day, but warming up some until the next blast of Canadian air, dipping down with the jet stream. Now, today is the Sabbath. No fighting on this day of rest. LOL
Good morning lala. It is chilly, warming up to 45 here and then the rain comes in this evening. I will take it compared to the s-word we could be getting since it is January. lol Happy Sabbath Day.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Going to be cloudy but in the 50's today. Looking forward to it being a tiny bit warmer.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Hemburn. I hope you are feeling better and aren't too sore from your tumble. I knew there was one on weed killing but didn't see it in the article I posted. I will write this one down for those cracks in the sidewalk that I spray with Weed B Gone every year. It certainly will be cheaper. Thanks. I hope you enjoy your Sunday. Did you get offered any strange menus while in Japan? Check out this picture of a dirt meal. hahaha $110 haha
$110 Japanese dirt menu is more than just mud pies
Eating dirt has suddenly become a much more expensive proposition. The $110 dirt-themed menu from Japan's Ne Quittez Pas gives a whole new meaning to "salt of the earth," with chef Toshio Tanabe crafting seven different dishes centered around soil. But before you grab your shovel and try a bit of home cooking, you should know the "dirt" in this menu isn't just scooped up from the yard. It's actually made from the compost of a company called Protoleaf using discarded coffee grounds and palm fiber that are strictly safety tested.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/dirt-restaurant-in-japan-c...
Yuck! Double dog yuck! Triple dog yuck. Won't be trying that one anytime soon.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Yuck! Double dog yuck! Triple dog yuck. Won't be trying that one anytime soon.
haha I agree. I will stick with my Southern Style cooking taught to me by my mother and grandmother.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

59 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rotten West End parents 7 min LouisvilleKYreport 10
Liberty Green is still a Ghetto 10 min LouisvilleKYreport 1
Greg Stumbo 15 min hovel 1
Nothing Changes Projects 17 min Phoenix97 10
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 45 min poofylover 1,031
Mitch McConnell 1 hr hovel 20
Republicans 2 hr hovel 15
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... (Jan '14) Fri john 48
•••