Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,530)

Showing posts 70,581 - 70,600 of81,566
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
On second thought, I think it was Nightline or 20/20 that I saw this story on...
They set up a family and spied on them via that virused link. Of course, doing so modestly...
Needless to say, I was stunned.. Not really surprised, but stunned nonetheless. Young people out there everywhere even innocently keep their laptops open in their bedrooms. Not to mention their desktop computers have the web cam sitting right on the desk in most cases!!
This story was frightening.
No the thought of seeing you on web cam was more frightening. I had rather confront the Boogey man.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
By the way, "Dawn" is the only dish soap I keep here. It comes in handy for so many other things and isn't watered down like the rest. People think they're saving money on those others, but they're so watered down that you end up using three times as much in the long run.
I'd rather use laundry soap to do dishes in a pinch then buy those cheap brands..
(And I've actually done that before when I forgot to buy dish soap, lol).
I agree. I always have it. Been using it for years. Got other people using it to due to my passion for their efforts to clean the birds after oil spills and then it has lots of other uses beside the de-icing. You still have some after someone else has bought 3/4 bottles of the cheap watered down brand. Sometimes you really get what you pay for. That stuff has all kinds of uses. I will post the link.

Dawn Helps Save Wildlife
DAWN WILL DONATE $500,000
TO HELP SAVE WILDLIFE THIS YEAR
Over the past year, Dawn donated a total of $500,000 ($250,000 each) to two wildlife organizations—The International Bird Rescue and The Marine Mammal Center (TMMC)—and we are thrilled with the amazing support we have received from thousands of Everyday Wildlife Champions just like you
http://www.dawn-dish.com/us/dawn/savingwildli...

Dawn dishwashing liquid Kills fleas instantly for those with critters.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Uses for Dawn Dishwashing Liquid

Dawn Dishwashng Liquid was originally created as a dishwashing liquid that easily cuts through grease that accumulates on pots, pans and dishes. It has since been discovered however, that it’s grease cutting ability works well on many other things around the house and it is even being used to gently remove grease from animals during oil spill cleanups. Listed below are some other great uses for Dawn.
Uses For Dawn Dishwashing Liquid:

Ant Killer
Strangely enough Dawn Dishwasher detergent is lethal to ants. Simply add one teaspoon of dishwashing liquid to a spray bottle filled with water and spray on ants. It will kill them instantly, yet is harmless to humans and pets in the household.

Bee and Wasp Killer
The combination mentioned above also works for killing bees and wasps. Add one teaspoon of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid to a water bottle and fill with water – shake it up well and spray. Bees and Wasps will die instantly as well.

Bubbles
Dawn is considered the number one dishwashing detergent when it comes to making homemade bubbles. The real trick for longer lasting bubbles however is to also add some glycerin (found inexpensively in most pharmacies or you can purchase it here. Mix 2/3 cup Dawn dishwashing liquid to 1 gallon of water and 2 to 3 tablespoons of glycerin for perfect bubble blowing.

Car Washing
A couple of drops of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid added to a gallon of water makes for a great car washing solution.(Beware however you might need to re-wax you car afterwards because it does that good a job) but it is totally safe for all car finishes.

Drain Cleaner
Add about 2 or 3 tablespoons of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid to a small pot of water and boil. Then gently pour the water down clogged drains. Dawn’s ability to cut through grease will help clean out the pipes and it will be gentle on pipes as well.

Eyeglass Defogger
Dawn works great for helping to keep eyeglasses fog free. Simply rub a small drop on the lenses, and wipe clean. It will leave a very thin film that will prevent them from fogging up.

Flea Killer
Dawn Dishwashing Liquid is also a great, safe and easy way to kill fleas. Mix one teaspoon of dishwashing liquid in a spray bottle – shake it up well and spray carpets, dog beds, upholstery and floors. Fleas die instantly. After about 20 minutes – vacuum rug, dog bed, upholstery and wash floors.

Continued:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Continued:

Grease Stains on Clothes
Dawn is great for removing oil or grease from clothes. Simply add a drop or two to stain, rub into stain, then launder your clothes as usual.

Milk Stains
Dawn works very well for removing old milk stains. Just add a couple of drops to the stain – rub it into the stain with your fingers or an old toothbrush – then launder item as usual. This works well for milk stains on car seats and floors as well. A few drops rubbed in with a toothbrush – let sit for a few minutes – then washed up with wet sponge or wash cloth.

Oil Stains on Driveways
Dawn also works well for removing oil stains from driveways because it cuts right through it. The first thing you need to do is wet down the driveway with a hose. Pour about ¼ cup of the dishwashing liquid on the stain and brush liquid into the stain using a broom or scrub brush. Allow the dishwashing liquid to sit for about ten minutes. Then rescrub a second time. Follow up with another hose down.(Particularly stubborn stains might need a second application.)

Oily Skin
Again, due to its ability to cut grease, Dawn makes a great facial cleanser for oily skin. A drop or two combined with warm water will do the trick.

Paint or Grease Remover For Hands
Dawn Dishwashing Liquid / Corn Oil Combo. Dawn Dishwashing Liquid combined with some corn oil makes for the perfect paint or grease remover. Simply combine a little bit of both in your hand then rub it over affected areas. The corn oil and the dishwashing liquid both help to dissolve the grease and paint – yet will leave skin on hands soft unlike harsher paint removers.

Shampoo
Dawn Dishwashing Liquid not only makes a great shampoo in an emergency, but it actually helps remove old shampoo build up. Simply add a few drops to hair and wash hair as you normally do – then rinse out well. The liquid cuts through any grease in hair and leaves it squeaky clean.

http://usesforeverydaythings.com/dishwashing-...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I've looked all over YouTube for the story I just told you guys about, so maybe it wasn't either show? What other investigative news productions would have been on last evening? Can anyone help me find it? You'll all be amazed..
And concerned for loved ones being spied on too.
I posted a couple days ago. I will repost it for you.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

“Yep, I'm Nope!!”

Since: Feb 10

The Land Of The Logical
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#83806 3 hrs ago
Judged:
The way I see this, YOUR problem seems to be that this threads 'spotlight' was taken from YOU and it was then focused on the rest of the users in here for a change. Hence the sudden suck up and taking sides toward the very people that two short months ago you chased like a rabid dog. You called THEM names and stalked them all unmercifully. Yet today you're trying to buddy up. That's really sad to see someone who's supposedly a grown man, grovel on these threads like you are.

YOU lost what you considered your headmasters title. It's not about me, not AB, not AW, not Lala, WKG or anyone else. YOU lost your self imposed title of grandeur. I think that's what is eating you up inside.

So deal as best you can. That's the only advice I can offer. The deciding factor for ME due to your rants is that it's my cue to stay even more visible in here. Maybe you'll adjust in time if I do that. And I can.. Believe me, I can. I have all the time in the world.

Last paragraph, now just why would would you think I would give a crap if you was here or not? Your que to stay on here more? Adjust to what, getting deleted every time I call your hand on something? Are you the big bad wolf? Now, I do know you are a wolf in sheeps clothing. Believe you? Yeah right. You are funny.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text> No the thought of seeing you on web cam was more frightening. I had rather confront the Boogey man.
Mr Farter, you VERY WELL SHOULD BE worried about your own personal demons, aka the Boogey Man, in my opinion. I hope church tomorrow is eventful for you, if you do go. Maybe the Lord will guide your pastor toward a sermon more suited to the direction of your misguided hate toward me.
I've seen stranger things happen.

Even bantering back and forth with who I am only assuming was "Sybil" tonight was pretty exhilarating. It wasn't bad at all actually being able to debate with someone who could honestly keep up without having to resort to hateful and childish personal snippets.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted a couple days ago. I will repost it for you.
Thank you, AB!! I want to send that to a few family members!! It's much more unsettling to see the info and news story yourself than to have someone relay it to you. And I worry about my young family members. I fully want that "shock factor" to be felt by them when they watch it, just as it grabbed me.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

That's the only brand I use AB, Origional Dawn.

Good night AB. Haven't had my nap today, LOL. I don't know if I can get over dingle berry having a web cam or not. That would scare a kid to death if it popped on. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Farter, you VERY WELL SHOULD BE worried about your own personal demons, aka the Boogey Man, in my opinion. I hope church tomorrow is eventful for you, if you do go. Maybe the Lord will guide your pastor toward a sermon more suited to the direction of your misguided hate toward me.
I've seen stranger things happen.
Even bantering back and forth with who I am only assuming was "Sybil" tonight was pretty exhilarating. It wasn't bad at all actually being able to debate with someone who could honestly keep up without having to resort to hateful and childish personal snippets.
I will go if I am able. I attend church every time the doors are open unless I am very sick. My pastor doesn't scare me a bit, because he preaches the truth straight from The Holy Bible and no notes to read from. Lies I am afraid of, but not the truth. And yes that was Sybil. I don't hate anyone, just their decption and lies. Fartman out.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Mr Farter, so THIS is your revelation that's supposed to unveil my lies, deceit and deceptions? From what I can see, the very statement you quoted was proven very well tonight by your own actions and words once again..

(Quoted from you) "Last paragraph, now just why would would you think I would give a crap if you was here or not? Your que to stay on here more? Adjust to what, getting deleted every time I call your hand on something? Are you the big bad wolf? Now, I do know you are a wolf in sheeps clothing. Believe you? Yeah right. You are funny."

You find me funny? Well, bless you little pea pickin' heart. Imagine that. I'm just amused enough on my part to realize that it's darn near impossible for me to comment without you running off on one of your temper tantrums. That's the only thing that you HAVE proven tonight.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Marine wrote:
Maybe you should do some research on Chemtrails, you see the all the time but don't realize what they are? Do some digging and you will find your answer.
We have researched it to death early on. I think anyone wanting to know what those chemtrails are in the sky should start with the bill introduced to Congress. Funny how that ex-Congressman is now the new FOXNEWS contributor or reporter, something. Maybe I will send him a question about this bill: I have seen them in our area for awhile now.

Space Preservation Act of 2001 (Introduced in the House)
107th CONGRESS
October 2, 2001
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd...
It discusses HAARP as well.

This guy puts it all in perspective.."first do no harm"

http://www.carnicom.com/hr2977.htm

Don't believe in chemtrails? Watch this!Watch the sky!Heads Up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Chemtrails Admitted and Confirmed by History Channel
CHEMTRAILS STUDIED ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL

Conspiracy Theorists Believe Some Jet Trails Contain Toxic Chemicals Called Chemtrails
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/26718985/detai...

NBC - Mainstream News Report On Chemtrails/Geoengineering Again

There's a few of many I have from various sources. If nothing else just read the bill introduced to Congress by ONE congressman. Makes you wonder.
http://rense.com/general86/unans.htm

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

AB, I think you misunderstood. I'm searching for that news story about the web cam virus. I really need to send that to some family members if I can find the video.. It worries me.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
That's the only brand I use AB, Origional Dawn.
Good night AB. Haven't had my nap today, LOL. I don't know if I can get over dingle berry having a web cam or not. That would scare a kid to death if it popped on. LOL.
It's the best. Goodnight Teddy. Catch you tomorrow I hope. I missed a lot (post missing too) and the full moon must have everyone in a fussy mood. hahaha

Goodnight, here is a lullaby for you.

The Big Bang Theory - Penny - Soft Kitty -
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
AB, I think you misunderstood. I'm searching for that news story about the web cam virus. I really need to send that to some family members if I can find the video.. It worries me.
Got that one too. I didn't read all the way back sorry. I will get it for you.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Thanks, LOL! It worries me enough that I just replaced my 'sticky note' with a piece of dark paper and scotch tape, hehe!

NOW, to get my family to do that too.. And tell them how to turn those microphones off totally, if possible, to keep any remote access disabled.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Got that one too. I didn't read all the way back sorry. I will get it for you.
Sorry, I had one about an IRS email virus somewhere. I don't think it was about webcams and I can't find it anyway. I am about to bypass all the fussing and head to bed. Hope you find it. I warn my family all the time of this stuff. They are too loose with their info and I worry about the young ones. It does make you wonder about those webcams. I guess the key is to shut your computer when you are done and if I used it, which I don't, I would put a sticker or something over the lens. hahaha Like my laptop.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I had one about an IRS email virus somewhere. I don't think it was about webcams and I can't find it anyway. I am about to bypass all the fussing and head to bed. Hope you find it. I warn my family all the time of this stuff. They are too loose with their info and I worry about the young ones. It does make you wonder about those webcams. I guess the key is to shut your computer when you are done and if I used it, which I don't, I would put a sticker or something over the lens. hahaha Like my laptop.
Even if you don't use it, they an access it and turn it on remotely. That's the bad part. All it takes is clicking on ONE bad link that looks totally innocent, and you're toast. Whoever it is could possibly see you in ALL of your glory. Or even hear your most intimate conversations, right from your own home. I don't know which would be worse. Having someone see you naked or showering, or knowing that they heard your personal business while you were unaware that someone as eavesdropping through your PC.

Well, I'm tired too. So I'll maybe talk to you all tomorrow. Sleep well, AB. And also whoever might peek in here tonight sooner or later!

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*
(And all you very dear "Bird threaders", please don't forget to cover up those web cam lenses)!!!!!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
Good evening bird threaders. Home, changed out of UK garb, hot tea in hand, snug as bug in my spot, checking email, topix, facebook, and world news. I about needed oxygen after that UK game. Whew. Put a "W" in that column. Louisville was not so lucky.
Ancient Wolf, I howled at the full moon before I came in. haha It is the first of the year. I love the monthly names and especially the Native Americans name for them. Check it out. I am going to go back and read up and see what I missed. Or didn't. lol Be back. Hope you all had a good night. I did.:)
It's time to howl at the Full Wolf Moon
http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/26/1...
Blueminer was right...Full Moon???? haha
The Full Wolf Moon was still almost as bright as daylight at 5:30 EST when Dog and I went out to howl at the tree.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

@ABeliever...

Your list of uses for Dawn dish liquid did not (or I did not see it) show one very dear to the heart and nose of us Country Folk:

SKUNK ODORS:

Mix 1 quart of Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4 cup of Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon of DAWN dish liquid
Mix and pour on pet and leave on for no more than 5 minutes

Rinse Well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,581 - 70,600 of81,566
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••