Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
70,381 - 70,400 of 81,600 Comments Last updated 37 min ago
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83675 Jan 26, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Think I'm going to go to bed again. AW better double check the bond on your quarter/string/super glue, before you toss it at Rev. Fat Wallet. Good Night.
I won't need to worry about my quarter-string-super glue for a couple weeks. After paying up a bunch of doctor bills and high winter living, I have to decide if I have enough money and gas to get to the Dollar Store for a gallon of milk, since "man canot live by bread alone" and all the sermons from Rev. Fat Wallet is not going to put milk in the fridge or gas in the truck. Dog will just have to eat Kibbles & Bits and forego the crayons for a couple weeks. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83676 Jan 26, 2013
I was just thinking that all the variables on this thread reminds me of something I once experienced.

A deer was trying to make it's way across a frozen lake, breaking down the ice as it came. When it got to the other side it lay on the bank almost near death from exhaustion and cold.

I felt sorry for the poor deer but the crowd that gathered was quite laughable. One old dude was down on the ground trying to give the deer some warm milk. A younger Bubba type was trying to give it some bourbon whiskey.

The 3rd and most laughable was some woman down on her hands and knees with her arms outstretched toward the Heavens, proclaiming repeatedly in loud voice "Lord, save this deer".

Then a realist came by and saved the deer in his freezer. I think the deer might have even survived if it were not for all the futile hovering of warm milk, bourbon, and prayers.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#83677 Jan 26, 2013
Good morning, everyone. What an icy start to the day. We're really glazed over in south-central KY. I can''t believe how tired I was yesterday. I sat down at the computer to read through the posts, and I fell asleep with my head on the keyboard. Hubby just thought I was taking a nap IN BED, so he did not want to bother me. There I stayed, for a couple of hours-- me in the hard chair, and Stein in bed, pillow under his head. Boy, when I woke up, I found a new level of Arthur Itis. I hurt from stem to stern. I will be careful not to repeat that stunt anytime soon.

Level 1

Location hidden

#83678 Jan 26, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
He is the butt of more late night comedy than the House Speaker crying. haha
I did like Trey Greyson, so maybe he can run against him. Of course some think UK's most famous fan, Ashley can beat him just because people want him gone. lol
Oops, talking about politics. I quit. lol
Good morning, Abeliever. Hope you have minimal trouble with ice. This time, the southern part of Ky got the foul weather, usually it is north, near the river.
Nothing wrong about alluding to a representative. Adults should be able to talk about this, as well as any other subject. I don't "talk politics," but when policy issues directly affect my well-being or pocket book, I don't shy away from discussing these important matters. Take for instance, gun control, higher taxes, increased cost of gas and necessary goods, or first and second Amendment rights of citizens. There is a difference...And no, there is no other thread that addresses these issues. Now those folks on the Rand Paul site are not even "talking politics". They are just bashing each other, and I want no part of that.

Level 1

Location hidden

#83679 Jan 26, 2013
Be right back, got to get that third cup of coffee to keep me awake.
W KY Girl

Dunlap, IL

#83680 Jan 26, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning, everyone. What an icy start to the day. We're really glazed over in south-central KY. I can''t believe how tired I was yesterday. I sat down at the computer to read through the posts, and I fell asleep with my head on the keyboard. Hubby just thought I was taking a nap IN BED, so he did not want to bother me. There I stayed, for a couple of hours-- me in the hard chair, and Stein in bed, pillow under his head. Boy, when I woke up, I found a new level of Arthur Itis. I hurt from stem to stern. I will be careful not to repeat that stunt anytime soon.
Good morning Lala. I hope those aches and pains work on out of you soon. I know how that is. Stein should have woke you up and told you to come to bed huh? haha
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#83681 Jan 26, 2013
So yesterday I step out on the porch about 7 am and my feet went over my head and I came crashing down with my back hitting the sharp edge of the step across the shoulder blades. Pain, oh yes plenty to spare. Then get to feeling bad. Temp 102. So off to the dr. Flu and bruised ribs and spine. But the coffee,, ummmm my black goddess still loves me.

Level 1

Location hidden

#83682 Jan 26, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhh my gosh!!! LOL The one who gets IRRATE OVER ANYTHING POLITICAL, the one who bashes the political sites and everybody on them, the one who ACCUSED ME of hanging out on the political sites and talking trash about her president, the one who ACCUSED ME OF BEING A LIAR!
ooooops!
Who is the LIAR???
Who is tha FAKE???
Could it actually be AFAKEbeliever???
Baaaahahahahahahahaahah!!!
I think that you have much to contribute, but I wish that you would not get angry with anyone. We all need to come together with a spirit of goodwill. I have a suggestion. Post whatever you like, and if anyone is interested in the subject matter that you bring up, they will respond to the content of what you are posting. Those who are uninterested should just scroll on by without comment. Just try it for awhile and see if it works. If you do get a nasty response, just ignore it without getting upset. Life is much too short to worry about the small stuff. My suggestion to you is meant to be constructive. I hope that you don't take it as a criticism.

Level 1

Location hidden

#83683 Jan 26, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Lord what a day! Looks like a fun one in here too.
Hope that you got some sleep last night. It is no joke when you don't get sufficient rest.

Level 1

Location hidden

#83684 Jan 26, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I would recommend an acre aspire. I have the quad core processor , and it works great!!! The batteries in the Toshiba brand seems to go bad quickly. If you like using the Linux operating system or Ubuntu, the Acer is a perfect lap top. Just my opinion;) this little raven has to fly:)
Thank you very much for your suggestions. I do appreciate it.
HilLogic

London, KY

#83685 Jan 26, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. It will be a great one indoors. I am not even going to venture to the mailbox today. I will continue to explore that subject as well. Some say they are as a result of earthquakes. Texas had a pretty sizable one today and Tennessee had a small one yesterday. Don't know if they are part of it not.
I have loved this thread for two years due to all the interesting things you can learn about. Not trashy like most. Although it has had it's moments. lol Come back and join us, the more the merrier..or more info I should say.
Thank you for your kind invitation. I do enjoy this thread more than any; it is far less controversial than most. I will be happy to check in from time to time when I have something to say which I think would,'add to' and not,'take away from', an otherwise pleasant thread.
A warm, safe and happy day is wished to all!

Level 1

Location hidden

#83686 Jan 26, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Full moon...???ż
It sure seems like it, doesn't it

Level 1

Location hidden

#83687 Jan 26, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Hello Everyone! My previous comment was directed at all that hate and discontment I was reading. Sure be glad when it warms up so everyone can get out and about a lil bit.
Maybe loosen up and relax and be more tolerant of thy Topix Neighbor?
Just a thought. Go ahead and cuss me if you want.
Tolerance is a necessary for the free exchange of ideas. You have that right. Respect for others' opinions is equally important. If we all thought the same thing at the same time, how boring life would be!!!!!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83688 Jan 26, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
So yesterday I step out on the porch about 7 am and my feet went over my head and I came crashing down with my back hitting the sharp edge of the step across the shoulder blades. Pain, oh yes plenty to spare. Then get to feeling bad. Temp 102. So off to the dr. Flu and bruised ribs and spine. But the coffee,, ummmm my black goddess still loves me.
I'm sorry to hear about all of that. Those falls anymore are like getting body slammed on concrete. I knew you didn't give a report yesterday I thought, I wonder if Humpaburn slipped on ice while securing the bunny trail and slid into the next county. Dang, I was close. Nothing like a gallon of java and the loving wife to pep you up in the morning. Lol.

Hope you get to feeling better. I really mean that.

Farterman.
W KY Girl

Dunlap, IL

#83690 Jan 26, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that you have much to contribute, but I wish that you would not get angry with anyone. We all need to come together with a spirit of goodwill. I have a suggestion. Post whatever you like, and if anyone is interested in the subject matter that you bring up, they will respond to the content of what you are posting. Those who are uninterested should just scroll on by without comment. Just try it for awhile and see if it works. If you do get a nasty response, just ignore it without getting upset. Life is much too short to worry about the small stuff. My suggestion to you is meant to be constructive. I hope that you don't take it as a criticism.
I agree with you. It just really ticked me off that AB was herself doing exactly what she had her name calling fit a few days ago and accused me of doing --- changing names and hanging out on the Paul sites. After her sanctimonious remarks, she was doing what she accused me of. LOL She gave her speech on how aweful those sites are and how she does not talk politics only to slip up and come in here under her "political thread moniker, Ditch Mitch." And what gets me the most was her accusing me of being a fake and a liar! LOL Normally I would have no reason WHATSOEVER to even care what names she uses or how many or what threads she hangs out on. I do not care. But considering her hypocritical attack on me the other day... But really, whatever.
You are right, I think that if somebody does not care about what I post they should just scroll on by it. I do plenty of scrolling on by some posts myself. There are more people reading than just those who contribute to the conversation in here. Maybe some readers are interested. I post things for them, not always for the people contributing.
W KY Girl

Dunlap, IL

#83691 Jan 26, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
Hempburn, that had to hurt really bad -and the flu too! I feel for you. Hope you heal up soon.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#83692 Jan 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't need to worry about my quarter-string-super glue for a couple weeks. After paying up a bunch of doctor bills and high winter living, I have to decide if I have enough money and gas to get to the Dollar Store for a gallon of milk, since "man canot live by bread alone" and all the sermons from Rev. Fat Wallet is not going to put milk in the fridge or gas in the truck. Dog will just have to eat Kibbles & Bits and forego the crayons for a couple weeks. LOL
Yep on the doctor bills, I'm still getting billed for things done in Oct. Just when I think I've got everybody paid, here comes another one. Lol. When I saw my electric bill I went fartless for a few minutes, only a few though. The thermostat is set at 65 degrees and the weather really hasn't been that cold yet.

I bet Dog doesn't like those off brand crayons from the Dollar Store either. Can't blame him though, you don't like Wolf brand chili either. Lol. I couldn't believe it, when I was at Food Lion the other day, they had Wolf brand chili, that junk was as high or in some cases higher than the name brands. They must be trying to get rid of that mess, by making people think, this must be some good stuff by it's high price. Lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83693 Jan 26, 2013
I saw something on the National Geographic channel yesterday that tends to blow racism out of the water, if it is even remotely true.

It said that Scientists had proven that the genetic DNA markers of all man kind can be traced to a population of about 2000 Hadzabe dark skinned natives out of Africa and that changes in those DNA markers have occurred as people spread out to other locations away from Africa.

It was not stating that we came from Apes but that the Adam and Eve story told in the Bible were most likely about African natives. Interesting whether I believe it or not.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#83694 Jan 26, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning Uglylala. I think the Southern part of the state got it worse. I am 9 miles North of the Tn. Border and the trees and ground are still covered with ice. Hopefully the Sun will melt it today. I tried the pan of hot water, tsp of dishwashing liquid, tsp of alcohol mixture, someone posted on here. I used it on the back steps yesterday. It deiced and didn't freeze back, even overnight.
owl

Stanton, KY

#83695 Jan 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I have heard of such effects and maybe silence does follow your "deep dark thoughts", but it is a futile effort to be posting on this thread. There are no "right people" here to read your remarks and you are just pi$$ing in the wind.
There is not a single poster on this thread (including me) that has any influence over anything except their own little tiny piece of the pie and that is what makes your posts seem so silly. It is not the contents of your deep, dark thoughts so much as your thinking this thread can or will change anything. Spin those wheels, spin those locations, spin those monikers and maybe someday you will wake up and wonder "why I did all that" ?
you're right, I'm not only pissing in the wind, I'm casting pearls among swine. Everybody is a nobody, myself included. Realistically, what I say won't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but if I have had an influence on changing even one person's thoughts or attitudes for the better, that is one flap of a butterfly's wings that may someday have an effect. I am already at the point of saying "why I did all that", frankly I don't know and I am just about done pissing in the wind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min Mitch 1,545
Cindy Cummings (Jun '12) 3 hr Katey 56
Rick pitino 5 hr Makerfan 1
At least 1 person shot on South 37th Street in ... 9 hr Disgusted 7
CNN reporter discloses Officer Darren Wilson's ... 9 hr Phoenix97 4
Slumlord of Lou,Ky (Jun '09) 12 hr Samantha Ramsey 43
17-Year Old Girl Molested by KY State Trooper 12 hr Samanthan Ramsey 16
•••
Louisville Dating

more search filters