Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
70,221 - 70,240 of 81,600 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83474 Jan 24, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Good morning bird threaders. Cold enough for you?
Teddy, from Elizabethtown. I don't know how you all spin your locations, it is confusing until a couple comments are posted (or like you identify themselves) to tell who it is. Mine, like Ancient Wolf's only spins when internet provider spins it. It has never hit my actual hometown yet. But when it does spin, it is usually close in the vacinity.
I hope everyone is stocked up on food and water. Looks like we might be in for some of that weather everyone else is getting tomorrow. At least up in my area. I hope not.
Good morning AB. LOL, you are right AB it depends which tower your IP signal is hitting, sometimes mine switches to Campbelsville. LOL. Elizabethtown is about the same distance from here as it is to Nashville Tn. About 65 miles or so.

Apparently they are expecting some bad weather here. They were spraying that deicer solution on the roads yesterday. I hope not too. Lol. Let's see the items everyone "must" have before winter weather, if they use them or not. Bread, milk, I'm not sure what else. LOL. I'm about out of diet cokes, pray for me that I don't get trampled in the grocery store rush. Hehehehe.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83475 Jan 24, 2013
and don't forget the toilet tissue or stock up on corn cobs LOL

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#83476 Jan 24, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Good lord! It is so obvious that this administration is dead set against Israel, no matter what they say! I agree with your expletive!
It's not just that, but can you imagine the money one of those jets costs? We just need to get our priorities straight. We send billions of borrowed dollars every year to countries that do not have our best interests at heart. I understand that it's essentially "protection money," but countries like Egypt and Pakistan are not our friends, no matter how much money we give them annually. Originally, the foreign aid was meant to be a wedge; for example, if they did not comply with certain reasonable rules, we could threaten to withdraw foreign aid to them. That used to work when there were more moderate leaders in those areas. It doesn't work now because the leaders in those countries are now extremists. We promised the former President Mubarek those jets, as a token of goodwill. Well, Mubarek was overthrown and replaced by President Morsi, who is 'in bed' with the extremists. We really should revoke that "gift." ....But government red tape continues and as of now, that gift still stands.

People should be aware of this stuff because it will affect us all. If unsavory governments get hold of our high tech stuff, they will be emboldened to implement their agenda, and it is not a good one. One spark in the Middle East can have devastating consequences in our country. It could draw us into another war, which we do not need. Gas prices, food prices will be affected.

In the past, what happened on the other side of the world did not affect us as it does today. We have a global economy, and wars have an effect on that. Gas goes up, transportation costs for goods go up, then food prices, clothing prices, etc. go up as well.

Level 1

Location hidden

#83477 Jan 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not Hemp and too poor to go to any of my sugestions anymore, but for Louisville I suggest the KingFish off either Blankenburger or Hurstbourne. It used to be at 6th and RiverRoad along the River Walk, Great Seafood. There is a nice Japanese restaurant on Hurstborne where the meal is prepared right in front of you with the chef throwing knives and such into the air.Table is sitting around 3 sides of the grill and you sit with either your large party or with strangers and sip little drinks with paper umbrellas. LOL
My son says there is a nice restaurant on a tugboat on the Indiana side of the river. Supposed to be a really nice place in downtown Springfield too. I have never been to either.
Lexington.. Mississipi River company is good if it is still open. It is off Richmond road. Also O'neals Irish Pub is good on the same road. It has a real bar imported from Ireland. For good pub food, I suggest the "Grapevine" in Tates Creek Center. It is owned (or once was) by Troy Lee Gentry's (Montgomery-Gentry country duo) dad. Closer to Lebanon is in Harrodsburg Eddie Montgomery's steak house. Most Excellent and has entertainment sometimes Eddie Montgomery of that duo appears. You might check the web sites.
Thank you so very much. We love seafood. That's the only thing that I miss from New England, living fairly close to the Atlantic Ocean. I guess I miss long walks along the beaches, which are pretty much deserted in the early fall and early spring. The rest of the stuff...they can keep it up there! New Englanders, by nature, are very, very reserved. They don't strike up conversation with strangers, and are suspicious of people's motives, because they almost always have a secret agenda of their own, etc. Can you guess why I didn't fit in well up there, even though I was born and raised there?? Perhaps I was reincarnated and was a Southerner in a previous life.LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83479 Jan 24, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning AB. LOL, you are right AB it depends which tower your IP signal is hitting, sometimes mine switches to Campbelsville. LOL. Elizabethtown is about the same distance from here as it is to Nashville Tn. About 65 miles or so.
Apparently they are expecting some bad weather here. They were spraying that deicer solution on the roads yesterday. I hope not too. Lol. Let's see the items everyone "must" have before winter weather, if they use them or not. Bread, milk, I'm not sure what else. LOL. I'm about out of diet cokes, pray for me that I don't get trampled in the grocery store rush. Hehehehe.
Hi Teddy. If you go before school and work let out you shouldn't get trampled. Everyone will be stopping and picking up items I am sure before going home. Unless they are fully stocked. Of course, you always need milk, bread, diet cokes haha, and as AW suggested toilet paper. I am not going anywhere. I have already stocked up a few days ago just in case. That pile up in Cincy with all that ice and snow was just too close for comfort across the river. Much like Indiana. Luckily the Ohio River must swing it all up to them which is fine by me. lol

Wonder where our Grandpa Imposter has been? Do you think he is banned or just busy with the grandbaby?

Stay warm and have a great day.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#83480 Jan 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I don't need those items AW. I wash my tootie with soap and water after the fact. LOL. Those items just smear doodie. LOL.

I hate to have to go in public restrooms. I don't care what people think, as I first stop at the paper towels and soap dispenser and go to the stall with water & soap bubbles dripping from the folded paper towels. Hehehe.

Level 1

Location hidden

#83481 Jan 24, 2013
Good late morning, AB. Sorry that I missed you earlier. Looks like we are playing "internet tag." LOL. Are you still working at your new job, or did you decide to retire. Wish I could still work. I had a job that paid very good money and I loved what I did. Getting sick is for the birds. Hubby and I have enough to live on reasonably well, but I miss getting out to be with people, day to day. I have recovered from the spring/summer ordeal, but the underlying autoimmune problem will not go away, and at this time, there is no cure. So, I live for the day, appreciate friends, enjoy chatting with all of you on the thread, and try to keep busy in the house or with the little guy. I miss OJG, and wish she would come back to the thread. I think that she will once she is settled.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83482 Jan 24, 2013
@Lala.. I think you would really like Eddie Montgomery's Steak House in Harrodsburg on the US 127 bypass. It is out by itself on "Lucky Man" (one of his songs) Way. The entire place is done up in white cedar. They serve much more than a normal steak house. A little pricy but excellent food.

Eddie is a big UK CATS fan and there are multiple big screens with one at least 12 foot square on the stage so on basketball nights it is good to come early and stay late. LOL

Level 1

Location hidden

#83483 Jan 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
OUCH!!!!!!!~
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83485 Jan 24, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so very much. We love seafood. That's the only thing that I miss from New England, living fairly close to the Atlantic Ocean. I guess I miss long walks along the beaches, which are pretty much deserted in the early fall and early spring. The rest of the stuff...they can keep it up there! New Englanders, by nature, are very, very reserved. They don't strike up conversation with strangers, and are suspicious of people's motives, because they almost always have a secret agenda of their own, etc. Can you guess why I didn't fit in well up there, even though I was born and raised there?? Perhaps I was reincarnated and was a Southerner in a previous life.LOL
Here is the best Seafood Restaurant in all of Louisville. If you are coming 31W it is easier to get to than I65. I love this place and have most of my life. In the summer it is awesome and it is right on the River. They have the best fish, frog legs and homemade onion rings to die for. lol You would not be disappointed in anything you order. Here is link to it:

Mike Linnigs Restaurant, Famous Seafood Since 1925! Located in Louisville, Kentucky
http://mikelinnigsrestaurant.com/

I have eaten at Joe's Crab Shack on River Road and the Hungry Pelican on Bardstown Road, but nothing compares to Mike Linnigs. I usually eat at Mark's Feed Store or Outback when I go. Seafood, I prefer Mike's. Email me when you are coming and maybe I could meet you guys. That would be wonderful.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#83486 Jan 24, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Teddy. If you go before school and work let out you shouldn't get trampled. Everyone will be stopping and picking up items I am sure before going home. Unless they are fully stocked. Of course, you always need milk, bread, diet cokes haha, and as AW suggested toilet paper. I am not going anywhere. I have already stocked up a few days ago just in case. That pile up in Cincy with all that ice and snow was just too close for comfort across the river. Much like Indiana. Luckily the Ohio River must swing it all up to them which is fine by me. lol
Wonder where our Grandpa Imposter has been? Do you think he is banned or just busy with the grandbaby?
Stay warm and have a great day.
That is reassuring AB, I might get the task over with soon. That pile up in Ohio was terrible. I can deal with driving on thick ice and snow, but that black ice is something else, not much control over a vehicle in that stuff.

I don't think imposter was banned, they couldn't catch him long enough. Lol. It doesn't take much for a two year old to win your heart. I just bet he's got a lot on his plate. Hopefully he didn't get to close with his shotgun putting dope heads after his neice, on the run and wound up in jail. Lol. I wish he would come back. He could come up with some funny stuff. I think he's just a good ol' country boy. I would about lose it when he would come off with the can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man stuff. Lol.

Level 1

Location hidden

#83487 Jan 24, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need those items AW. I wash my tootie with soap and water after the fact. LOL. Those items just smear doodie. LOL.
I hate to have to go in public restrooms. I don't care what people think, as I first stop at the paper towels and soap dispenser and go to the stall with water & soap bubbles dripping from the folded paper towels. Hehehe.
Hey, Una, have you heard about the "freshy-fresh?" Those are those moist flushable wipes. First the toilet paper, then the freshy-fresh wipes. You can go to the wipes directly if the pooty is not too soiled to begin with. I never thought that I would be discussing toileting habits on the internet. LOL Leave it to you, Theodore. You are a bad influence on me. LOLOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83488 Jan 24, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good late morning, AB. Sorry that I missed you earlier. Looks like we are playing "internet tag." LOL. Are you still working at your new job, or did you decide to retire. Wish I could still work. I had a job that paid very good money and I loved what I did. Getting sick is for the birds. Hubby and I have enough to live on reasonably well, but I miss getting out to be with people, day to day. I have recovered from the spring/summer ordeal, but the underlying autoimmune problem will not go away, and at this time, there is no cure. So, I live for the day, appreciate friends, enjoy chatting with all of you on the thread, and try to keep busy in the house or with the little guy. I miss OJG, and wish she would come back to the thread. I think that she will once she is settled.
I hope and pray you stay well and you have the best job taking care of hubby and the little one that needs you. I look forward to seeing OJG back on when she is all settled in. We will talk on email.

Level 1

Location hidden

#83489 Jan 24, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the best Seafood Restaurant in all of Louisville. If you are coming 31W it is easier to get to than I65. I love this place and have most of my life. In the summer it is awesome and it is right on the River. They have the best fish, frog legs and homemade onion rings to die for. lol You would not be disappointed in anything you order. Here is link to it:
Mike Linnigs Restaurant, Famous Seafood Since 1925! Located in Louisville, Kentucky
http://mikelinnigsrestaurant.com/
I have eaten at Joe's Crab Shack on River Road and the Hungry Pelican on Bardstown Road, but nothing compares to Mike Linnigs. I usually eat at Mark's Feed Store or Outback when I go. Seafood, I prefer Mike's. Email me when you are coming and maybe I could meet you guys. That would be wonderful.

A very grateful thank-you from two incorrigible foodies.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83490 Jan 24, 2013
Here is an old joke: When you wipe, do you use your left hand or your right hand? No matter what they answer, you respond with "Why don't you use the paper"?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83492 Jan 24, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
That is reassuring AB, I might get the task over with soon. That pile up in Ohio was terrible. I can deal with driving on thick ice and snow, but that black ice is something else, not much control over a vehicle in that stuff.
I don't think imposter was banned, they couldn't catch him long enough. Lol. It doesn't take much for a two year old to win your heart. I just bet he's got a lot on his plate. Hopefully he didn't get to close with his shotgun putting dope heads after his neice, on the run and wound up in jail. Lol. I wish he would come back. He could come up with some funny stuff. I think he's just a good ol' country boy. I would about lose it when he would come off with the can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man stuff. Lol.
I am terrified on ice. I usually don't get caught out in it, but when I do I am slow as hell and white knuckled all the way home. People are idiots in snow and ice. I am more scared of them than what's on the road. hahaha

I bet you are right about the little one and hope Grandpa didn't get locked up protecting his own. I do miss him though. Even when he was slandering me he would put a sweet comment in there and he always made me laugh. I hope he is okay. He was funny playing the Gingerbread Man. Zap, Zap, and Zap in a New York minute. lol He sure kept them busy.

Level 1

Location hidden

#83493 Jan 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Lala.. I think you would really like Eddie Montgomery's Steak House in Harrodsburg on the US 127 bypass. It is out by itself on "Lucky Man" (one of his songs) Way. The entire place is done up in white cedar. They serve much more than a normal steak house. A little pricy but excellent food.
Eddie is a big UK CATS fan and there are multiple big screens with one at least 12 foot square on the stage so on basketball nights it is good to come early and stay late. LOL
Thanks for that info. I have written down all the restaurant names that you and AB have suggested. We would only go once in a while for a treat, and that's why I don't mind expensive. We take the little guy with us, and he has very good restaurant table manners. We use opportunities like this to teach him, and he has learned not to be rude and not to make noise to disturb other diners. He's going to be a ladies'man someday. He loves to flirt with the waitresses and strikes up conversations with any lovely lady he encounters...Not so sure that's a good thing...he's only 8 years old.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#83494 Jan 24, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Una, have you heard about the "freshy-fresh?" Those are those moist flushable wipes. First the toilet paper, then the freshy-fresh wipes. You can go to the wipes directly if the pooty is not too soiled to begin with. I never thought that I would be discussing toileting habits on the internet. LOL Leave it to you, Theodore. You are a bad influence on me. LOLOL
I hadn't heard about those lala, I will have to check into them. Those would be great to keep in the vehicle to use for tootie and hand wipes. It's ok lala. It's my minature FAART mind control center. I have it focused on the bird thread, to make people think Fart. LOL. Hopefully that ungodly Beano will be banned. Abortion of unborn farts, the very idea. Farts have rights too. Some of them are born with real body. If you don't believe me, just ask that kid in the restroom or your hubby. LOL.

Level 1

Location hidden

#83495 Jan 24, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I try lala. LOL. Oh Lord, those pathetic political sites. Lol. I've been on them a few times but very few, mainly to tell them how dumb they are arguing over politicians, when none of them are worth anything and could care less about them. Those two just can't come here without their false accusations. They are the present poop stirers and try to blame someone else. I really do have a problem with folks that lie. I don't deny that. Lol.
To tell you the truth, I don't give a hoot to whomever is in office. But I do care about world events, especially when they will eventually affect my pocketbook. I also like to keep my rear end safe. Just so you know, the stuff I post is not about Rep. or Dem., or who is the President at the moment. The government has a way of running itself, and sometimes it runs away with itself. I only post things that I have seen on legitimate news stations as well as newspapers with wide circulation, that are not the off-beat type. And, now being on a fixed income, I want to make sure that my tax dollars are used for the right stuff. Hubby and I have retirement funds that grow or shrink according to what is going on in the economy, and naturally, I don't want too much shrinkage. We live a simple life, except for the occasional treat, like finding a good restaurant. But we can't splurge too often, as we are in the same boat as a lot of people are these days.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83496 Jan 24, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that info. I have written down all the restaurant names that you and AB have suggested. We would only go once in a while for a treat, and that's why I don't mind expensive. We take the little guy with us, and he has very good restaurant table manners. We use opportunities like this to teach him, and he has learned not to be rude and not to make noise to disturb other diners. He's going to be a ladies'man someday. He loves to flirt with the waitresses and strikes up conversations with any lovely lady he encounters...Not so sure that's a good thing...he's only 8 years old.
Eddie's place has a web site and Harrodsburg is not that far from Lebanon since they reworked 150 to Danville. then 6 miles north on US 127. I don't get over there much anymore since I retired. It is about 20 miles from me. I knew Eddie and John Michael Montgomery's dad from the old days. Sadly, he passed on before those boys became country music stars.

I would not be surprised to find that Hempburn has been there too. Gatewood Galbraith once held a political rally there. hahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 14 min uninformed idiot 1,561
Cindy Cummings (Jun '12) 6 hr Katey 56
Rick pitino 7 hr Makerfan 1
At least 1 person shot on South 37th Street in ... 11 hr Disgusted 7
CNN reporter discloses Officer Darren Wilson's ... 11 hr Phoenix97 4
Slumlord of Lou,Ky (Jun '09) 15 hr Samantha Ramsey 43
17-Year Old Girl Molested by KY State Trooper 15 hr Samanthan Ramsey 16
•••
•••
Louisville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••