Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,508)

Showing posts 70,141 - 70,160 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Hey Una.. at the top of this forum it is advertising a Gastric Bypass for only $480. I bet your relief valve is much less expensive. LOL Probably cost no more than the beans. LOL
I seen that too. Just too funny. Glad I don't need such extremes. Good ole fashion exercise is better.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

dinner wrote:
<quoted text>
sure, you pick the restaurant and I'll pick the movie afterwards.
Awe, Thank you, that is sweet.:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Everyone must have frozen and died and I am the only living being. Not a single post since mine from 4 hours ago. Maybe the SHTF and only people with a wood burning stove that needs tending or a dog that needs a break survived or no one wanted to chat with Sybil hehehe
Haha, second good laugh. Big gaps in time span huh? Which is a change from big gaps missing in posts. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Happy Pie Day!!! lol

Delectable recipes in honor of National Pie Day

According to the American Pie Council, January 23 is National Pie Day. Here are some of our favorite recipes to help you celebrate this delicious day.

Pecan Pie
Pecan is the third most popular pie variety in the U.S. If you didn’t get your pecan pie fill during the holiday season, consider making it for your family for tonight.

Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie
It may be winter, but that doesn’t mean it is too cold for this delectable ice cream pie.

Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
Rhubarb is a vegetable, and strawberries are fruit, so you can almost make the argument that this pie won’t completely derail your post-holiday diet.

Strawberry Pie
If you have found a good deal on off-season strawberries but don’t want to go the rhubarb route, consider making this strawberry cream pie.

Oreo Crusted Brownie Pie with Cream Cheese Icing
That’s right—this is a recipe for a fudgy brownie baked in an Oreo crust then topped with a delicious cream cheese icing. What more could you want in a dessert?

Pumpkin Pie Cake
This one is cheating because it is technically a cake, but it is one made in the spirit of pumpkin pie, so we think it is an acceptable way to celebrate National Pie Day.

Mini Cheeseburger Pies
Here is a non-dessert way to celebrate National Pie Day. After all, the early pies were predominately made of meat.

Way Better Than Basic Pie Dough
This Pie Day, you may just be in search of a recipe for a good crust. Try this one with your favorite filling today.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/slideshow/2013...

They all look yummy. I love pecan pie but enjoy the Derby Pie more (chocolate lol), Strawberry looks great (my desert was yummy, no leftovers), I love coconut cream pie too. Ancient Wolf, you might like that oreo version. haha The CB Pie is better using the Bisquick recipe. My son and his friends always loved that when I made it. Served with a salad.

Have a Happy Pie Day! lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Love stories like this:

Message in a bottle found after 76 years

http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/...

Reminded me of this song lol:

The Police - Message In A Bottle
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

elvis wrote:
thank you very much
NO, THANK YOU very much Elvis.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

@AB I had biscuits and gravy. Dog had Kibbles & Bits and gravy. i am glad I did not get that switched like the time I had an Oreo Cookie in one hand and a Milk Bone treat in the other. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, THANK YOU very much Elvis.
Elvis never cared much for being called "Elvis the Pelvis" since he had a cousin named Enos.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvis never cared much for being called "Elvis the Pelvis" since he had a cousin named Enos.
AB.. that was an old joke from the late 50s and 60s about Carlos Toadvine that played in and around Lexington and billed himself as "little Enis" as a takeoff on Elvis, but he was not related to Elvis. Little Enis was a left handed guitar player that strung the strings backwards. If interested, some of his old stuff is on Youtube.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@AB I had biscuits and gravy. Dog had Kibbles & Bits and gravy. i am glad I did not get that switched like the time I had an Oreo Cookie in one hand and a Milk Bone treat in the other. LOL
ummm I would have rather had biscuits and gravy. Maybe some sausage patties on the side.:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
haha, I didn't like that nickname at all and I am sure his cousin didn't want them to try that on him. hahahaha

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Sagittarius-mister
An ideal day to set things in order at home. Your finances are probably going haywire, or at least you don't have a very good idea of where your money is and where it has gone. Track down your resources and get to grips with the situation, otherwise you could be in for a rude shock and a small financial mess.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Leaving the Light On wrote:
Sagittarius-mister
An ideal day to set things in order at home. Your finances are probably going haywire, or at least you don't have a very good idea of where your money is and where it has gone. Track down your resources and get to grips with the situation, otherwise you could be in for a rude shock and a small financial mess.
haha I always know where my money is and where it has gone..mine sounds like I am a "mean girl"...hahaha

Cancer

You might be in charge, but that doesn't give you the right to work other people beyond their capacities. Lighten up with the big demands, Cancer. This is or should be a day off from your usual pace. Instead of having to deal with your extremely high and unreasonable expectations, others could use your help or support. You might be surprised at how natural it feels to put on a kind face.

Love the comment on my expectations...so off the mark. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Go away little clueless dimwit. hahahaha

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
haha, thanks for my first laugh of the day! My first thought when I seen it was pretty much the same thing. Ouch, poor hen. lol
I don't think I would have eaten it for some reason. haha An egg inside another egg is crazy. Wonder if it happens often. Occassionally I have seen two yokes, but not two eggs in one. hahaha
Good afternoon AB. I would sure would like an update on the poor hen that laid that egg. As you, I have seen two yolks in one egg. I think one could go to two worlds fairs and a duck orgy and not see anything like that egg in an egg. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Hello AW. I wondered about you and some others this morning. Lol. Humpaburn and Biscuit were securing the bunny trail, qwerty posted the daily "horrible scope" and that was about it. I should give thanks I guess, maybe a couple of mouths froze in the closed position. Lol. Now it could be that some Joisy style toids got tossed into the big fan. LOL.

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Unreasonable exectation in some people so true

I would hear miss bad mouthing people and me for years how bad we were. We did nothing but try to please her and be there for her and it was never enough, nothing was enough and she also pitted us against each other too(tried). She is not mental, she knows excatly what she is doing and she is not healthy to be around.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon AB. I would sure would like an update on the poor hen that laid that egg. As you, I have seen two yolks in one egg. I think one could go to two worlds fairs and a duck orgy and not see anything like that egg in an egg. LOL.
Hey Teddy. Poor hen probably ran away. lol

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Teddy. Poor hen probably ran away. lol
No doubt, if she was able. After that egg she might be in a full body cast. Lol.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

"I Can Create A Neanderthal Baby". A scientist has said it would be possible to clone a Neanderthal baby from ancient DNA if he could find a woman willing to act as a surrogate.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/9814620/I-...

~

Prof Church helped start the Human Genome Project that mapped human DNA and is well respected in the field. His comments will surprise most geneticists who believe that cloning humans is unacceptable. It is illegal in Britain.

Prof Church said:“We can clone all kinds of mammals, so it’s very likely that we could clone a human. Why shouldn’t we be able to do so?”

He added:“Neanderthals might think differently than we do. We know that they had a larger cranial size. They could even be more intelligent than us.

“When the time comes to deal with an epidemic or getting off the planet or whatever, it’s conceivable that their way of thinking could be beneficial. They could maybe even create a new neo-Neanderthal culture and become a political force. The main goal is to increase diversity. The one thing that is bad for society is low diversity.”

Prof Church said the technique would involve artificially creating DNA from fossilised material and introducing this into human stem cell lines.

He discusses his idea in his latest book, Regenesis: How Synthetic Biology Will Reinvent Nature and Ourselves.

He rules out recreating older human ancestors or dinosaurs, as was the subject of the Jurassic Park films, because the age limit of useful DNA is about one million years, he said.

He told the magazine:“One of the things to do is to engineer our cells so that they have a lower probability of cancer.

“And then once we have a lower probability of cancer, you can crank up their self-renewal properties, so that they have a lower probability of senescence [ageing].”~

(ADDITIONALLY FROM _-_NOPE_-_: PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE LAST TWO PARAGRAPHS, FOLKS!!)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,141 - 70,160 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Teen stabbed on city bus in critical condition,... 5 min lol 28
All gays should be put into concentration camps (Jan '11) 38 min rick 34
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr Donnie B Can Not 922
I'll give BJs for $0.50 for X-mas money (Dec '11) 1 hr ha ha ha 13
Johnny "Crooked Nose" Masters (Feb '13) 1 hr ha ha ha 29
Johnny Masters - persistent criminal offender (Oct '13) 1 hr lol 4
Yall I'm comin out the closet! (Jan '13) 1 hr lol 39
•••
•••