Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
70,041 - 70,060 of 81,598 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Dec 12

Antioch, IL

#83259 Jan 22, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah,she is caring and honest in her opinions. She's not always diplomatic. LOL I do like your posts, and many times, I don't think that you deserve the nut icon. Just as I have said many times, bringing up national events is not politics. For example, I am not arguing politics when I mention POTUS and his stance on gun control. Of course we have to mention his name because he's the one who is using executive power to circumvent congress, and what he says and does has direct bearing on our lives. I consider someone talking "politics" when they are debating Repubs vs Dems,and start naming names and trying to sway opinion of one side vs the other. Discussion of politics is vague, and centered on personal opinion of the two major parties. Maybe I'm wrong, but I make the distinction between the two types of discussion and debate.
I agree with you, I don't agree with either party either. I have been a registered Democrat since I was 18 years old but I can't go along with where they are taking us anymore because it completely conflicts with my Christian beliefs. But as my boyfriend says, they are all politicians and will lie and cheat. I think that is the case with the majority of them but I HOPE not all of them. Kind of like you, I just try to vote for the lesser of the two evils who ever it may be. Last night I was telling the sweetie about the plan for our doctors to pretty much spy on us. After the "What!?!" and I repeated myself he got just a little irrate, had to take the phone away from my ear for a second! LOL Something that gets me is when you don't agree with Obama people automatically label you as prejudice due to his race. I'm sure that is true in a lot of cases but it couldn't be further from the truth in my case. I just can't find anything that I can agree with him on. LOL
As far as the judging nuts and butts or whatever, I really don't care. lol Not comparing myself with Jesus in any way because I know better - but I'm sure He would have got every negative judgment there is. At least the haters can't legally crucify me, yet. This has just been a wintertime distraction. I have too much 'real life' going on for some mentally disturbed internet people to flip my apple cart. lol I do wish this was like a chatroom where you could just click on any certain person and they disappear from your screen and you can just see and talk to the people worth talking to.

Antioch, IL

#83260 Jan 22, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Just back from taking care of the chickens. I have a light suspended about 18 inches above their water and even as cold as it got last night, it did not freeze.
AW, a little while ago I heard a commotion outside so I ran out in my jammies and barefoot to see what was going on...IT'S COLD OUT THERE! LOL ...and of course I didn't see a thing. lol

Antioch, IL

#83261 Jan 22, 2013
Well I've got to get busy. I'll probably check in with you folks later. Have a good one!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83263 Jan 22, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Good morning Teddy. Wonder where Hempburn is with the morning report? haha
Good morning AB. That rascal probably got up early, had a gallon or so of java and is out securing the bunny trail. Msybe he will check in with his morning report later. No telling how many vicious female bears he encountered this morning. He can tell the females. They have on a pink collar with matching purse and heels. LOL. Classy bears hang out around the Humpaburn ponderosa. Hehehe.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#83264 Jan 22, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Good Morning UNA. Did you see my kid's poem for you about 10 posts back? I am betting that you already know it.
Good morning AW. I saw it. Oh yes I knew that lovely poem. It's always refreshing to read it again though. Lol.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83265 Jan 22, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning AB. That rascal probably got up early, had a gallon or so of java and is out securing the bunny trail. Msybe he will check in with his morning report later. No telling how many vicious female bears he encountered this morning. He can tell the females. They have on a pink collar with matching purse and heels. LOL. Classy bears hang out around the Humpaburn ponderosa. Hehehe.
You are probably right. Kind of frigid cold to be out anywhere right now. lol on the bears

I hope you are having a good day so far.:)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#83266 Jan 22, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning, heat wave coming Thursday with temps climbing to 40. I still can't go skinny dipping though, mainly because I am not skinny. LOL
Go ahead AW. The women folks will think you are just to sexy anyway. Lol.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#83267 Jan 22, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Brrrrrr.
That's all I've got to say right now, since the featherheads were just freed for the day then given some steamy oatmeal with scratch and a bowl of warm warm water...
Just brrrrrrr.
Will you please stop torturing your chickens with that freakin' oatmeal every morning? If you can't eat all of that slimey snot junk, you shouldn't expect them to either. That's worse than burned brussel sprouts. Yehoo PETA, are you taking note of this?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#83268 Jan 22, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably right. Kind of frigid cold to be out anywhere right now. lol on the bears
I hope you are having a good day so far.:)
Thank you, I am having a good day thus far. I was out earlier, it is cold out there. I am looking forward to AW's heat wave. Lol. I hope you have a really good day too, AB.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#83269 Jan 22, 2013
Well spam nuts and clueless, I liked AW's poem. It was right down eh I mean up my alley.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83270 Jan 22, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I am having a good day thus far. I was out earlier, it is cold out there. I am looking forward to AW's heat wave. Lol. I hope you have a really good day too, AB.
Well UNA. I am glad you think so highly of me but really I am not in charge of the weather. LOL I only reported what was on the weather report. It could be like the "dusting" we were to receive some years ago that turned out to be 17 inches of dusting LOL
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#83271 Jan 22, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Good morning Teddy. Wonder where Hempburn is with the morning report? haha
Hey AB. My internet has been down since mid day yesterday. The cable company finally got it going about noonish today.

Did Uni just call my katana a knife !!!! It's a sword, "Shinken" in the style of the samurai. If Biscuit was not just a pup, I'd sik him on ol Uni.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83272 Jan 22, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey AB. My internet has been down since mid day yesterday. The cable company finally got it going about noonish today.
Did Uni just call my katana a knife !!!! It's a sword, "Shinken" in the style of the samurai. If Biscuit was not just a pup, I'd sik him on ol Uni.
Good afternoon Hempburn. Yes he did. Plus, he made that crack on your bears? hahaha How is little Biscuit doing? I hope you are staying warm.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83273 Jan 22, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Well spam nuts and clueless, I liked AW's poem. It was right down eh I mean up my alley.
We can change those. haha Not a mystery who is clicking away huh? It was a cute poem..he is quite witty.:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#83274 Jan 22, 2013
@Abeliever.. My son is rolling through here in about 3 hours to take a shower and share the evening meal with me before going on. I have emailed and talked on the phone, but not actually seen him since before Thanksgiving.

Life of a trucker. He has a 43 foot flat bed trailer loaded with metal to use in making vegetable cans. So someday when you are enjoying those pork-n-beans, you might say "hey, AW's son might have hauled this can once" LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#83275 Jan 22, 2013
Well, AW. I'm making some baked beans today so I'll certainly thank your son for possibly delivering that metal!! They're going to be yummy!! Probably going to be some massive doggy and featherhead farts going on around here sometime tomorrow when I get tired of eating them myself!!

By the way, Una. I don't eat oatmeal, can't stomach the stuff. Had enough of it when I was growing up and we didn't have much, if enough, money to eat on. It resembles vomit to me now. As sick as I was growing up, I puked my fair share of it up while my dear Mom tried to fix me something that would stay down... Too many times, oatmeal wasn't it.

You're such an ass, even on one of your few and far between non suck-up days here lately.

Cooked oats are very nutritious for my featherheads by the way. Particularly when it's mixed with the seeds cast aside by my spoiled "green and blue winged wonder bird", cracked corn and scratch.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83277 Jan 22, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Abeliever.. My son is rolling through here in about 3 hours to take a shower and share the evening meal with me before going on. I have emailed and talked on the phone, but not actually seen him since before Thanksgiving.
Life of a trucker. He has a 43 foot flat bed trailer loaded with metal to use in making vegetable cans. So someday when you are enjoying those pork-n-beans, you might say "hey, AW's son might have hauled this can once" LOL
I know you will enjoy your visit with your son. I hope he is going whichever that mess isn't if he has to go back out. I have had many dear friends that are/were truckers. I even took a trip with one once and grew to love them all as well as renew my respect for them I was taught as a child travelling many highways with my family heading to a different Army base or to Grandma's. He told us all about them, how important they were, and that they are always the first to pull over and offer help to stranded motorist (them and bikers). I have to this day been reminded of all that and love our truckers. Like soldiers, nurses, teachers, firefighters etc..it takes a special person to do those job and I even then those are usually home with their families every night, truckers and soldiers are not. I am ALWAYS thankful to truckers. I could never do it. Life as we know it would grind to a halt without truckers. We are a spoiled country when it comes to getting our food and things we want.

Stay warm and enjoy your day and your visit.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83278 Jan 22, 2013
Catching up on the news, email and facebook and seen a couple stories that were interesting, here's one.

12-foot boulder crashes into Utah woman's bedroom

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/22/16...

Talk about a rude awakening. lol Lucky she picked the right side of the bed to jump off. Here Angels were watching over her. Scary.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83279 Jan 22, 2013
For the BIRDS:

New Zealand to eradicate pet cats? Purr-ish the thought!

It's for the birds, this one-man campaign to rid New Zealand of cats and return to the time when birds had no natural predators. It's not going over well: About half of New Zealand homes are graced with a pet cat.

http://news.msn.com/world/new-zealand-to-erad...

lala, The picture of the cats are adorable.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#83280 Jan 22, 2013
Can't beat the flu? Bourbon-infused sorbet might make you feel better

Finally, an upside to getting the flu. "Influenza Sorbet" is specially made to combat or at least distract you from the disease. The soothing sorbet from Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams won't make you better (unlike, say, medicine), but it does contain Maker's Mark bourbon, which makes it a tie as far as we're concerned. Along with the bourbon, Influenza Sorbet also contains honey (to soothe the throat), cayenne pepper (to clear nasal passages) and pectin (more throat care). Hope you have enough energy to open your wallet, though: At $12 a pint, flu salvation won't come cheap.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/influenza-sorbet-is-a-froz...

That's a new approach to the flu. lol I bet Kentucky's own Maker's Mark hopes it catches on. If it don't work you won't care because you will have a nice buzz. I am sure you could make a lot for yourself applying that $12 to the ingredients and making it yourself. hahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CNN reporter discloses Officer Darren Wilson's ... 2 min Samantha Ramsey 2
17-Year Old Girl Molested by KY State Trooper 6 min Samanthan Ramsey 16
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min Darth Tater 1,453
At least 1 person shot on South 37th Street in ... 4 hr frankie 6
The Kingdom Center 4 hr disgusted 1
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 5 hr honeymylove 7,937
Cindy Cummings (Jun '12) 7 hr confused_once again 54
•••
•••
•••