Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,497)

Showing posts 69,921 - 69,940 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to leave the thread without saying that I totally agree with this, so have a good day. BTW so did my ancestors but they only started in 1711 (except for the minute portion of Native American heritage that was already here). LOL
AW, I got some Cherokee in me somewhere, big toe maybe, lol,, I forget how far back, 5 generations I think.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
@Lala Did you see the mess with the guy from the preppers show losing his gun rights because they decided he was mentally incompetent? No doubt he is very eccentric, but I don't think he is crazy.
http://www.infowars.com/doomsday-prepper-gets...
Here's another prepper they went after: http://spreadlibertynews.com/150-officials-in...
Yeah, I saw the video about the raid which happened only on the word of a single individual, who probably had a grudge against the prepper.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

I like the sheriffs who are refusing to confiscate arms in their community. I am proud of them for standing up for what's right. I wonder what the folks in KY will do.
Peter Piper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Piper. First of all, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your service and may God bless you! I have a good friend who was also in Nam (68-71). He has PTSD too. Me and him were just talking about this a few days ago. I don't know where this county is headed but it doesn't look good.
The only guns I have are my dads old hunting rifles don't even have bullets for them. BUT THEY ARE MINE!!!! Nobody has a right to take them away from me.
W KY Girl

Spring Green, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what I mean. So many people have events in their lives that result in depression. No one would advocate for an insane person to purchase a gun. But some people have what is called "situational depression," and get relief with antidepressant medication. These folks are not aggressive and ready to go out and harm someone. But once they are in a data base, they could be denied the right to purchase a gun.
Yep. Everybody that has some sort of mental issue is not crazy and dangerous. Shoot, some of the dang people who are seen as sane and highly intelligent are more dangerous than anybody! This having our doctors spy on us is only going to cause people not to consult their doctor about their problems which could be helped. This is a bad idea!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

From what I've read, it was discovered that he was a convicted felon though. So he wasn't supposed to be in the possession of any firearms whatsoever...

(IF we're talking about the same case, of course).

Yeah, sure I feel bad for the guy. But the law is the law as far as felons and gun ownership. Once you're convicted of a felony, you loose certain rights. This is absolutely one he that lost due to a conscientious decision made on his part...

Sometimes stupid mistakes follow you all the way to the grave.. Other mistakes, even further beyond the grave..
W KY Girl

Spring Green, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it Humpaburn, great day. No mail, no bills in mailbox, no FAART, hearing aid & Direct TV junk mail. Dang right, who wants to watch someone swear a lie to protect our constitutional rights? I think I had rather risk going bird hunting with Dick Cheney. A lot less risky.
Unaposter you better shut your mouth, you have bashed the president too!!! You might not be above being banished to the Paul Threads! The nerve of you, calling the president a liar! LOOOL
W KY Girl

Spring Green, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
From what I've read, it was discovered that he was a convicted felon though. So he wasn't supposed to be in the possession of any firearms whatsoever...
(IF we're talking about the same case, of course).
Yeah, sure I feel bad for the guy. But the law is the law as far as felons and gun ownership. Once you're convicted of a felony, you loose certain rights. This is absolutely one he that lost due to a conscientious decision made on his part...
Sometimes stupid mistakes follow you all the way to the grave.. Other mistakes, even further beyond the grave..
I don't know about the state that guy is in but in KY some felons can get their gun rights back after a period of time.
The first guy I was talking about lost his gun rights as a result of a doctor visit.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Good day to you, as well....but it is afternoon. Boy, time goes quickly.
See lala, they don't know any difference. The tongue is in overdrive and the brain is in neutral.
W KY Girl

Spring Green, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
See lala, they don't know any difference. The tongue is in overdrive and the brain is in neutral.
Unaposter, I am glad that at least you have sobered up and can talk about me coherently now. Good for you! LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Everybody that has some sort of mental issue is not crazy and dangerous. Shoot, some of the dang people who are seen as sane and highly intelligent are more dangerous than anybody! This having our doctors spy on us is only going to cause people not to consult their doctor about their problems which could be helped. This is a bad idea!
Ted Bundy rings a bell here. Although to my knowledge, none of his crimes involved firearms, that guy had everyone fooled. H wore a suit and tie many times. He even faked a broken arm one time and saying he needed help to get a chair of some kind into his car of ban, just to lure a woman close enough to capture her?

Dangers are everywhere. And there are different types of 'crazy'..
(I never did care for that word to describe someone who was mentally ill, although I'm guilty of using it myself on occasion).

We have to learn to keep our eyes and ears open at all times. And above all else, TRUST YOUR INTUITION!! We all have that 'little voice' in our heads for a reason. Learn to listen to it.

And NEVER leave anyone alone with your child unless it's a very close family member.
(Even though sadly sometimes they themselves have proven to be a lurking and very patient danger to an innocent child)...

This is the world we live in.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Gosh almight, the typos in my last statement.

Please forgive. I have a cat in my lap and the 'green and blue winged wonder bird' is vying for my attention at the same time.

Sorry folks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

*ALMIGHTY!!!

(SEE?????)
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
@ W KY Girl
I think we should all celebrate democracy. It may be the last time we get the chance. Your comments, in my opinion, are on target. It is fine for others to disagree, but I think that it is wrong for you to get bashed for expressing your ideas. First Amendment of the Constitution....right??? It won't be too long to find out who is right or wrong. As a matter of fact, I hope that I am dead wrong.
Awesome, correct. The 14th expanded on that further as the first admendment addressed only laws enacted by congress. The first ten admendments are called the Bill of Rights. You ARE smarter than a fifth grader! lol.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

I think I will go listen to my Big Mouth Billy Bass sing "Take me to the River" for the 101st time.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Unaposter, I am glad that at least you have sobered up and can talk about me coherently now. Good for you! LOL
If you are trying to combine Una Farter and imposter into one, you are more ignorant than I thought you were. It's not an insult, I like imposter and appreciate his honesty. We don't lie as some on here do. It would really be a put down if I was accused of being you or Nope.

By the way, you are improving on getting bad judge it's on every post. You have climbed today from an average of 3 per post to 4 per post. Congradulations, keep on babbling nonsense I think you can easily rate 6-8 with ease.
hum

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

hum..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I saw the video about the raid which happened only on the word of a single individual, who probably had a grudge against the prepper.
Oddly enough, do you think like I do in the fact that this would probably have been the FIRST neighbor to try to bust his door down for help if S did HTF??

People can be so petty.. For some, it's a full time job trying to keep their noses from igniting jealousy. Frankly, I consider them to be nothing short of miserable and lonely failures who want to see everyone else brought to their own level of non-accomplishment.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

hum wrote:
hum..
Tuning up? What key are you in? I prefer E flat. LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I think I will go listen to my Big Mouth Billy Bass sing "Take me to the River" for the 101st time.
Oh Lord, I got one of those as a gift one time. But he died.... His poor old body just wore plumb out I suppose. But boy did I have a lot laughs at that thing.
(It was from one of my sisters one year as a gag gift, hehe)

Wonder what ever happened to him, now that you mention it...
Hmmmmmmm....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,921 - 69,940 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Freeze Warning for Jefferson County was issued at April 16 at 3:27AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE