Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#83114 Jan 21, 2013
@ W KY Girl

I think we should all celebrate democracy. It may be the last time we get the chance. Your comments, in my opinion, are on target. It is fine for others to disagree, but I think that it is wrong for you to get bashed for expressing your ideas. First Amendment of the Constitution....right??? It won't be too long to find out who is right or wrong. As a matter of fact, I hope that I am dead wrong.
Peter Piper

United States

#83115 Jan 21, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
@Lala This interference with a person seeking medical services is only going to lead to those with mental issues (or a family member with mental issues) NOT seeking medical help for fear of being reported to the government then being denied II Amendment rights or being put on some watch list. Of course somebody with severe mental issues does not need a gun. But what person has not experienced some level of depression during their lifetime?
I was in Nam in 68 &69 and have PTSD so I guess I would be considered mentally ill. I don't want to shoot anyone had enough of that in Nam. I wonder if the next time I go to the doctor he will report me!
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

#83116 Jan 21, 2013
@Lala Did you see the mess with the guy from the preppers show losing his gun rights because they decided he was mentally incompetent? No doubt he is very eccentric, but I don't think he is crazy.
http://www.infowars.com/doomsday-prepper-gets...
Here's another prepper they went after: http://spreadlibertynews.com/150-officials-in...
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

#83117 Jan 21, 2013
Peter Piper wrote:
<quoted text>Me too, our rights are slowly being taken away and some on here don't even notice it.
So true.
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

#83118 Jan 21, 2013
Oglala wrote:
@ W KY Girl
I think we should all celebrate democracy. It may be the last time we get the chance. Your comments, in my opinion, are on target. It is fine for others to disagree, but I think that it is wrong for you to get bashed for expressing your ideas. First Amendment of the Constitution....right??? It won't be too long to find out who is right or wrong. As a matter of fact, I hope that I am dead wrong.
Thank you Lala. Yes, I hope I am wrong about several things.
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

#83119 Jan 21, 2013
Peter Piper wrote:
<quoted text>I was in Nam in 68 &69 and have PTSD so I guess I would be considered mentally ill. I don't want to shoot anyone had enough of that in Nam. I wonder if the next time I go to the doctor he will report me!
Hi Piper. First of all, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your service and may God bless you! I have a good friend who was also in Nam (68-71). He has PTSD too. Me and him were just talking about this a few days ago. I don't know where this county is headed but it doesn't look good.

Level 1

Location hidden

#83120 Jan 21, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
@Lala This interference with a person seeking medical services is only going to lead to those with mental issues (or a family member with mental issues) NOT seeking medical help for fear of being reported to the government then being denied II Amendment rights or being put on some watch list. Of course somebody with severe mental issues does not need a gun. But what person has not experienced some level of depression during their lifetime?
That is exactly what I mean. So many people have events in their lives that result in depression. No one would advocate for an insane person to purchase a gun. But some people have what is called "situational depression," and get relief with antidepressant medication. These folks are not aggressive and ready to go out and harm someone. But once they are in a data base, they could be denied the right to purchase a gun.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#83121 Jan 21, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to leave the thread without saying that I totally agree with this, so have a good day. BTW so did my ancestors but they only started in 1711 (except for the minute portion of Native American heritage that was already here). LOL
AW, I got some Cherokee in me somewhere, big toe maybe, lol,, I forget how far back, 5 generations I think.

Level 1

Location hidden

#83122 Jan 21, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
@Lala Did you see the mess with the guy from the preppers show losing his gun rights because they decided he was mentally incompetent? No doubt he is very eccentric, but I don't think he is crazy.
http://www.infowars.com/doomsday-prepper-gets...
Here's another prepper they went after: http://spreadlibertynews.com/150-officials-in...
Yeah, I saw the video about the raid which happened only on the word of a single individual, who probably had a grudge against the prepper.

Level 1

Location hidden

#83123 Jan 21, 2013
I like the sheriffs who are refusing to confiscate arms in their community. I am proud of them for standing up for what's right. I wonder what the folks in KY will do.
Peter Piper

United States

#83124 Jan 21, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Piper. First of all, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your service and may God bless you! I have a good friend who was also in Nam (68-71). He has PTSD too. Me and him were just talking about this a few days ago. I don't know where this county is headed but it doesn't look good.
The only guns I have are my dads old hunting rifles don't even have bullets for them. BUT THEY ARE MINE!!!! Nobody has a right to take them away from me.
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

#83126 Jan 21, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what I mean. So many people have events in their lives that result in depression. No one would advocate for an insane person to purchase a gun. But some people have what is called "situational depression," and get relief with antidepressant medication. These folks are not aggressive and ready to go out and harm someone. But once they are in a data base, they could be denied the right to purchase a gun.
Yep. Everybody that has some sort of mental issue is not crazy and dangerous. Shoot, some of the dang people who are seen as sane and highly intelligent are more dangerous than anybody! This having our doctors spy on us is only going to cause people not to consult their doctor about their problems which could be helped. This is a bad idea!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#83127 Jan 21, 2013
From what I've read, it was discovered that he was a convicted felon though. So he wasn't supposed to be in the possession of any firearms whatsoever...

(IF we're talking about the same case, of course).

Yeah, sure I feel bad for the guy. But the law is the law as far as felons and gun ownership. Once you're convicted of a felony, you loose certain rights. This is absolutely one he that lost due to a conscientious decision made on his part...

Sometimes stupid mistakes follow you all the way to the grave.. Other mistakes, even further beyond the grave..
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

#83128 Jan 21, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it Humpaburn, great day. No mail, no bills in mailbox, no FAART, hearing aid & Direct TV junk mail. Dang right, who wants to watch someone swear a lie to protect our constitutional rights? I think I had rather risk going bird hunting with Dick Cheney. A lot less risky.
Unaposter you better shut your mouth, you have bashed the president too!!! You might not be above being banished to the Paul Threads! The nerve of you, calling the president a liar! LOOOL
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

#83130 Jan 21, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
From what I've read, it was discovered that he was a convicted felon though. So he wasn't supposed to be in the possession of any firearms whatsoever...
(IF we're talking about the same case, of course).
Yeah, sure I feel bad for the guy. But the law is the law as far as felons and gun ownership. Once you're convicted of a felony, you loose certain rights. This is absolutely one he that lost due to a conscientious decision made on his part...
Sometimes stupid mistakes follow you all the way to the grave.. Other mistakes, even further beyond the grave..
I don't know about the state that guy is in but in KY some felons can get their gun rights back after a period of time.
The first guy I was talking about lost his gun rights as a result of a doctor visit.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#83131 Jan 21, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Good day to you, as well....but it is afternoon. Boy, time goes quickly.
See lala, they don't know any difference. The tongue is in overdrive and the brain is in neutral.
W KY Girl

Hartford, WI

#83132 Jan 21, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
See lala, they don't know any difference. The tongue is in overdrive and the brain is in neutral.
Unaposter, I am glad that at least you have sobered up and can talk about me coherently now. Good for you! LOL

#83133 Jan 21, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Everybody that has some sort of mental issue is not crazy and dangerous. Shoot, some of the dang people who are seen as sane and highly intelligent are more dangerous than anybody! This having our doctors spy on us is only going to cause people not to consult their doctor about their problems which could be helped. This is a bad idea!
Ted Bundy rings a bell here. Although to my knowledge, none of his crimes involved firearms, that guy had everyone fooled. H wore a suit and tie many times. He even faked a broken arm one time and saying he needed help to get a chair of some kind into his car of ban, just to lure a woman close enough to capture her?

Dangers are everywhere. And there are different types of 'crazy'..
(I never did care for that word to describe someone who was mentally ill, although I'm guilty of using it myself on occasion).

We have to learn to keep our eyes and ears open at all times. And above all else, TRUST YOUR INTUITION!! We all have that 'little voice' in our heads for a reason. Learn to listen to it.

And NEVER leave anyone alone with your child unless it's a very close family member.
(Even though sadly sometimes they themselves have proven to be a lurking and very patient danger to an innocent child)...

This is the world we live in.

#83134 Jan 21, 2013
Gosh almight, the typos in my last statement.

Please forgive. I have a cat in my lap and the 'green and blue winged wonder bird' is vying for my attention at the same time.

Sorry folks.

#83135 Jan 21, 2013
*ALMIGHTY!!!

(SEE?????)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grade lane hit and run (Travis Christy)This is ... (Nov '12) 4 min FARTIN LOUD WMY F... 139
Louisville Cardinals vs Kentucky Wildcats Dec 2... 13 hr David 1
places that hire felons.help! 14 hr constanceswan 1
Kentucky wants to give illegal immigrants drive... (Nov '07) 18 hr Mike 17
brad jones fairdale 19 hr beef 8
Mouse Moments - (Sep '11) Fri Maverick 808 12,445
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) Fri kctopps 61
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info