Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82944 Jan 20, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Don't feel all alone out there, U.H. I knew when I went to bed so early that I was making a HUGE mistake, but I just couldn't hold my eyes open any more last evening.
This coffee is sure tasty though!!
Hope you're able to doze back off again. I'm gonna try it again here in a little bit. Hopefully anyway.
I have been up for about an hour stoking my stove and making my coffee and sending emails to a special friend that don't have much longer for this world and it makes me happy to do that and to be up drinking my own good coffee. I almost left the scene 4 years ago this week, so I am up celebrating my life and if it ends in the next few minutes I hope they put on my stone "He enjoyed living".
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82945 Jan 20, 2013
I should have said my friend "MaY" not have much longer for this world. I was trying to send comfort and help wipe out some fears.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82946 Jan 20, 2013
Material things in this life just don't matter all that much. If one can afford them, then get them and enjoy while you have them because just like one's health they can be wiped out in a heart beat.

Henry David Thoreau said "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could learn what it had to teach, and not when it came my time to die, discover that I had not lived".

He did not live all that long and died at age 44, but I suspect he knew how to make the best of that time. Do we?

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#82947 Jan 20, 2013
I hope your friend recovers fully. I'm very sorry to hear that they are going through such a rough time.

I also strongly believe in miracles and divine intervention. It's nice of you to send them support like that and I'm sure they appreciate it. I'll put them on my mental prayer list and ask God to heal them too if it's His will..

I'm certain that your headstone will have a very nice quote on it, AW. You seem to be a good person who thinks of other people more than your own self.. That's a good quality and the Lord admires that. So does your friend, I can guarantee it..

#82948 Jan 20, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Material things in this life just don't matter all that much. If one can afford them, then get them and enjoy while you have them because just like one's health they can be wiped out in a heart beat.
Everything I own should hopefully and eventually benefit my family when I'm gone. Right down to jewelry, my property, etc. I try to make investments that will grow, even with baubles and such. The Harley even appreciates over the years.. So even what I have now that I get enjoyment from, should also bring joy to those I love when I pass over.

I've lost everything I owned twice due to tragedies beyond my control. The first time was extremely hard, I didn't think mentally that I'd survive it. But I learned in time that it was all just 'stuff' and that my life was more important. Through the years, you accumulate more 'stuff' anyway. Adversity makes you so much stronger if you don't let it win in the end.

Anyone that's not seen hard times and extreme heartache yet, has NO way to know exactly how fortunate they are. They still take things for granted, but you really can't fault them for it. Are they simply very lucky people? Perhaps. But it does something to make you stronger when the badness falls and you overcome it and actually grow from the experience.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82949 Jan 20, 2013
Thanks. My friend is most fearful of some upcoming heart valve repair. I saw something someone posted on here some time back that has stuck with me.

You are in a room with the door shut and the dog is on the other side of the door. It knows not what is on the other side of the door but only that it's Master is in there and that is all that it needs or cares to know.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82950 Jan 20, 2013
I think I might try to get a little more rest now. Good Day to you and may it bring much Peace to those that may be troubled for whatever reason.

#82951 Jan 20, 2013
I certainly hope all of it goes well. The medical advances they've made are so vast these days that I'm sure they'll be okay. There are even different methods now for heart valve replacement that aren't quite a "brutal", for lack of a better word, then they used to be.

My prayers will include you friend. Keep us posted on their condition so we know when to say thanks to Him. Aside from the fact that I'm already going to thank Him NOW for what He can do in the future for your friend.
:)

#82952 Jan 20, 2013
Whoa, check this story out:
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx...

~~ An East Tennessee woman is suing a person whose identity she does not know after they wrote a post about her a popular social media website.

In a lawsuit filed January 8 in Hawkins County Circuit Court, Rogersville resident Sarah Davis claimed an anonymous user was defaming her reputation on Topix.com , a website where people can post their thoughts in hyper-local community forums.

The anonymous person, who goes by the name "LUV2WALK", wrote on the website that Davis had committed adultery in a Rogersville park. Davis denies the claims and is now suing that user for $200,000.

Her attorney William Phillips II said there were multiple posts and threats made in regards to the allegation.

"They [the user] certainly have an agenda in defaming the character of Ms. Davis," Phillips said.

He said he would like for the anonymous user to reveal their identity as it would be "the noble thing to do."

"Individuals post on Topix on a daily basis," Phillips said. "They constantly defame the characters of everyday citizens and I think they do it under the guise they can hide behind their anonymity."

In the lawsuit, Phillips and Davis have given the anonymous user 30 days to file a responsive pleading under their actual name. If the user does not do so, the lawsuit reads that Phillips and Davis will ask the court to issue a judicial subpoena directing Topix to hand over all copies of all threads and posts pertaining to the lawsuit. The lawsuit also said that the subpoena would ask Topix to provide the user's IP address, which would help identify the person behind the posts.

Phillips said he and his client posted a notice on the website directed toward the anonymous user that has since been removed.

10News talked to Topix CEO Chris Tolles about the matter. He said Topix, which is widely used in Appalachia, does not think Phillips and Davis' proposed actions sound unreasonable.

"If this goes to the court system and we are subpoenaed, we are unlikely to stand against that subpoena," Tolles said. "I haven't seen it yet, so it's hard to say what I will or will not do."

He says under the Communications Decency Act, Topix is not responsible for content posted by third party users.

Tolles said he admits there are advantages and disadvantages to allowing users to post anonymously on Topix. However, he said it is a feature the site needs in order to build up users in smaller communities.

"Our ability to actually do something interesting requires there to be some sort of audience there," Tolles said.

Either way, legal experts like Knoxville attorney Don Bosch advises web users not to make defamatory claims online as they are subject to the same laws that they would be anywhere else.

"Defamation is defamation and whether it be electronic, print or spoken, it still subjects an individual to a civil legal action should they make such a statement," he said.~~

#82953 Jan 20, 2013
Looks like people had better start watching their butts on here. Some of us have been saying this for years now.

And FYI, it's NOT Topix that gets sued. It's the person who puts the drivel ON here. Period.

$200,00.00 is NOT chump change. And the news story states that Topix is fully willing and prepared to help this woman find out who the anonymous user is that placed the damaging information about her on here.

People had better start waking up about this stalking and harassment that they so love to do for an evil hobby and sick thrill....
Comment

Owensboro, KY

#82954 Jan 20, 2013
Nope, I had to tell you that I liked seeing that you also pray for His will to be done, not giving direct orders such as 'Destroy the Problem, God'. I like knowing He knows what's best and my intercession can just be 'Your will be done'. Also good to hear your thoughts, AW. Have a great day, everyone!

#82955 Jan 20, 2013
Comment wrote:
Nope, I had to tell you that I liked seeing that you also pray for His will to be done, not giving direct orders such as 'Destroy the Problem, God'. I like knowing He knows what's best and my intercession can just be 'Your will be done'. Also good to hear your thoughts, AW. Have a great day, everyone!
Well, thank you "Comment".. That was an very kind thing to say and I appreciate your warm reply. You have a blessed day as well.

Truly,
_-_Nope_-_
Safety man

Duluth, GA

#82956 Jan 20, 2013
What's going on with the birds?

“It was only just a song”

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#82957 Jan 20, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Thanks. My friend is most fearful of some upcoming heart valve repair. I saw something someone posted on here some time back that has stuck with me.
You are in a room with the door shut and the dog is on the other side of the door. It knows not what is on the other side of the door but only that it's Master is in there and that is all that it needs or cares to know.
That is a dear quote that stuck with me also for years now. I try to think of it when things tend to overcome me.
What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.

Richard Bach

Level 1

Location hidden

#82958 Jan 20, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything I own should hopefully and eventually benefit my family when I'm gone. Right down to jewelry, my property, etc. I try to make investments that will grow, even with baubles and such. The Harley even appreciates over the years.. So even what I have now that I get enjoyment from, should also bring joy to those I love when I pass over.
I've lost everything I owned twice due to tragedies beyond my control. The first time was extremely hard, I didn't think mentally that I'd survive it. But I learned in time that it was all just 'stuff' and that my life was more important. Through the years, you accumulate more 'stuff' anyway. Adversity makes you so much stronger if you don't let it win in the end.
Anyone that's not seen hard times and extreme heartache yet, has NO way to know exactly how fortunate they are. They still take things for granted, but you really can't fault them for it. Are they simply very lucky people? Perhaps. But it does something to make you stronger when the badness falls and you overcome it and actually grow from the experience.
Been there several times also. So I know the pain it all causes. I have learned that none of those things matter any longer. What does not kill us makes us stronger, well I think I am finally strong enough..lol

Level 1

Location hidden

#82959 Jan 20, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I should have said my friend "MaY" not have much longer for this world. I was trying to send comfort and help wipe out some fears.
I do pray all goes well with your friend. Here is one for you, dear AW.

You are goodness and mercy and compassion and understanding. You are peace and joy and light. You are forgiveness and patience, strength and courage, a helper in time of need, a comforter in time of sorrow, a healer in time of injury, a teacher in times of confusion. You are the
deepest wisdom and the highest truth; the greatest peace and the grandest love. You are these things. And in moments of your life you have known yourself as these things. Choose now to know yourself as these things always.

Neale Donald Walsch
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#82960 Jan 20, 2013
Mmmmmmmmm coffee. Why yes, I will have another pot of java.

The city of Gifu is a mix of old and modern unlike any place I've seen, but coffee ha, you could cut it with a knife and serve it like jello. Coffee is easy to find and all the hotels have it in the morning, but they just can't seem to master it.
conspiracy nonsense

Richmond, KY

#82961 Jan 20, 2013
Oglala wrote:
@Sybil and anyone interested in vaccines and their modifications. Look up FUNVACS, which stands for Vaccine for religious fundamentalism, and how it can be used as a war weapon in the Middle East.(If they can use it there, what is to stop it being used here).
Another interesting thing that you may like is a video featuring Dr. Maurice Hilleman. Apparently, when the Salk vaccine was introduced in the 1950's, they were still using live virus to conquer polio. They discovered new viruses which were initially undetectable, but proceeded anyway. These viruses, possibly including a variation of the AIDS virus, may not have been inactivated and turned up in some of the seed stock (refers to the initial vaccine from which more vaccine was manufactured).
Another video that you might find interesting is the leaked Pentagon meetings related to vaccines. There was evidence that, when testing on rats, the test subjects developed cancer, but again that was ignored.
I'm not going into detail regarding these issues because those folks interested will research this information, and others may just scroll by.
bioengineering of virulent strains of viruses for biowarfare and depopulation is well known among microbiologists. Of course they want us to believe this is all crazy conspiracy nonsense (do you really think they would tell us the truth?) but it is all very real. There is a lot of evidence out there which suggests that AIDS was a bioengineered virus. To find out who is behind it, all you have to do is follow the money trail and ask who benefits from this. The ones who come up with the 'cure'(big Pharma) are the ones who benefit and that's why they are so busy developing more meds and vaccines which are actually just more poisons that create more health problems so they can create more poisons so they can perpetuate this never ending vicious cycle where the people get sicker and they get richer.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#82962 Jan 20, 2013
Looks like a busy day in here. I will put out fresh food for my little birdie friends. Have a nice day ya'll.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#82964 Jan 20, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Your friend is very fortunate to have YOU for a friend. Please tell her that I will keep her in my prayers. I have been where she is now on several occasions, and if the Lord has more work for her to do on this plane of existence, then all will be well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did Wave 3 Kevin & Carrie harned get divorce? (Aug '13) 1 hr Geff 42
Man charged with getting forged prescriptions 4 hr tony 1
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 4 hr honeymylove 7,942
watch out for sprint 4 hr Kramer 1
Tymberwood trace apts 5 hr Ready to move 7
Sarah annanice reece 5 hr Say_it_aint_true 2
cts russell half way house (Mar '11) 5 hr Roo 63
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web