Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,478)

Showing posts 69,541 - 69,560 of81,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Your hubby sure does have a warped sense of humor!! How funny!! But I think you've mentioned his humor on here once or twice already. Weren't you the one a few days ago that said he pointed you out to a little girl who said a potty smelled bad inside? ROFLMBO!!! I laughed so loud here that the dogs got startled out of a sound sleep!!
You're so lucky to have a man with a sense of humor, albeit one that's a bit on the wicked side sometimes, LOL!
I guess I miss that most of all. The laughing together until your side are about to split and you're about to trip yourself trying to make it to the bathroom to pee before it leaks out by accident, haha!
Oh yeah, that's my hubby alright. He is a good guy most of the time, anyway. Here's another hubby story. He taught at a private boys high school prior to moving to KY. He used to have to supervise dances, when boys would be allowed to take their darlings to the senior prom. Well, I stayed home for those boring events, and students used to ask him where his wife was. He would tell them the most incredible stories and keep a straight face. He convinced them that I was a biker in a motorcycle gang, that I was a 350 pound long distance trucker, who rescued him at a truck stop from the Hell's Angels, etc. You get the picture. He would tell them that the "little woman" was on the road and couldn't make it. He had them all convinced. He did this for 20 years and I got quite a reputation as a big, rough and tough woman who he never dared cross. Finally, I went along with him to one of the school functions, and got to see the mouths drop when the boys realized that they had been "had" by hubby's tall tales. Score: 10 for hubby and 0 for Lala. We've been together for 36 years, and married for 32. I still can't tell what he is liable to do.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

@Lala.. when the wife was still living, if she got a call from a telemarketer I would tell them that she could not come to the phone because she was out locked up in the trunk of the car. I fully expected the police to show up sometime, but they never did. LOL

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Lala.. when the wife was still living, if she got a call from a telemarketer I would tell them that she could not come to the phone because she was out locked up in the trunk of the car. I fully expected the police to show up sometime, but they never did. LOL
That's a good way to get rid of the telemarketers. When some would call to sell house siding, I would let them give their spiel, ask a few questions, then after about 5 minutes, I would ask how they could modify their product to side a log cabin. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Last year I got a call wanting me to take out a credit card (which I don't use). I told them I am so glad you called, how much can I get and how quickly can I get it, because I need to buy some furniture before I file for protection from creditors. LOL

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Last year I got a call wanting me to take out a credit card (which I don't use). I told them I am so glad you called, how much can I get and how quickly can I get it, because I need to buy some furniture before I file for protection from creditors. LOL
That's a good one. I use a credit card because I have to shop online. I'm always worried about identity theft, but I have no choice right now, until I get back to driving. We pay up at the end of the month, and avoid all the interest charges. Well, I've got to get a few chores done, but I'll be back later.
W KY Girl

Sublette, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

whatswrongwiththeworld wrote:
I dont understand why obama thinks he can take the rights away from american citizens that it specifically states in the united states constitution 2nd amendment that every american has the right to bear arms in this country? What else can the government try and change in our country? its already going to hell as we speak and with people stealing and breaking into homes they want everyone to sit back and let this happen, not on my clock, they will more than likely greeted with something that they were not necessarily wanting when they entertained the thought of breaking into my residence
I read several articles last night that don't sound good for the US as we know it. http://offgridsurvival.com/category/news/prep...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

I used to have credit cards but settled up the last year before I retired. I buy nothing that I can't get at the store and pay cash or have one of my sons bring it to me when they visit.

When I worked, I needed a credit card for travel but I don't do that anymore either. Enjoy the chores, LOL

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

A little frosty this morning. The birds are out in the yard waiting for someone to come brak the ice on the bird bath. Guess that will be me. :)
haaaaa

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Haaaaaa

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Looks like the birds aren't the only thing dead this morning.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

rapid fire wrote:
<quoted text>i suggest loosing all but the wallet and log chain
The way it sounds, that might not be such a pretty sight.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Looks like a couple of nonsense posts died too. Morning is about over here.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

I see Miss ichy finger is up and at it.
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
The way it sounds, that might not be such a pretty sight.
I hear that. maybe it needs a "UNA" broww ?
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Good afternoon bird threaders. Good grief, what was that from Etown (if they were fromm Etown). haha I think it ought to start it's own thread lol

Done with chores, trip to the mailbox now that it warmed up a bit, BLT and sweet tea made for lunch. Just read that comment and got a phone call. Came back and it was GONE. hahaha

Thanks MODS!

What's up with Hempburn and Grandpa Imposter. No simple hello, I'm still kicking? I miss their posts. But then there are a lot of posters I miss.:(

Stay warm everyone. I'm going to check out the news across the world.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Looks like another troll has joined us... This one won't last long either. They never do.

Lala, it was nice to start out with a giggle this morning. Loved those stories, hehe. You're a lucky lady!!

AW, that's a good one. "Wifey is locked up in the trunk". Doubtful though that whoever these telemarketers would know how to report you, beings as most of them sound like they're calling from Timbuktu anyway, LOL!

WKG, doesn't your honey truck for a living too? Sorry I forgot to add him to my prayer list last night. Please forgive.

"Whatswrongwiththeworld ", I agree with you. But we have to remember that our rights have been slowly disappearing for years now. Once you reach this "older" age in life, you're able to look back and realize exactly how things have changed.. It started with little things and as the years have gone by, Americans became too complacent about it. We've let things happen right under our noses. As I look back in my own minds eye, I recall MANY instances of even simple rights being taken... And I am almost amazed at our lack of insight into what was going on. It's seemingly been a long and drawn out process to "keep us in line", but they're winning a little bit at a time....

Getting old has it's benefits, wisdom wise, anyway. Physically, probably not so much! Waking up without some kind of pain, or multiples of such, every morning doesn't happen for me often at all. If ever now... Man, did I have trouble getting my morning chores done today. I'm aching all over.. The chickens were very happy to have finally been let out for their daily foraging and winters morning plate of warm oatmeal and scratch.

Well, I'm off to go pick up my new gun, so I'll talk to you all later. I called this morning and I've apparently been cleared. DUH. Next time I want a new firearm, it's straight to a gun show for me. No more hassle like this..
(Until Uncle Sam changes that outlet too. In all honesty, I can't say that change is possibly a bad thing really. If it helps save a life, anyones life, I guess I can adapt. But it's surely inconvenient for those of us who aren't criminals to have to jump through all of these hoops.).....

Later till later, Bird Threaders.

_-_Nope_-_

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Hmmm. That didn't take long. Missing troll, and I barely got my comment on here.

GO MODS.
It's 9 a.m. out west. Guess they've had their morning coffee.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Looks like a couple of nonsense posts died too. Morning is about over here.
They sure did AW. LOL. Someone might as well come out from behind the curtian and share their temper tantrums with us. Peek-a-boo, I see you. Don't try to give us the slip, your slip is showing.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

rapid fire wrote:
<quoted text>I hear that. maybe it needs a "UNA" broww ?
Lol. It couldn't hurt.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Good afternoon bird threaders. Good grief, what was that from Etown (if they were fromm Etown). haha I think it ought to start it's own thread lol
Done with chores, trip to the mailbox now that it warmed up a bit, BLT and sweet tea made for lunch. Just read that comment and got a phone call. Came back and it was GONE. hahaha
Thanks MODS!
What's up with Hempburn and Grandpa Imposter. No simple hello, I'm still kicking? I miss their posts. But then there are a lot of posters I miss.:(
Stay warm everyone. I'm going to check out the news across the world.
Good morning AB. I really think you are smarter than to keep buying that stuff. There are no Mods to thank. AB my dear, it's Nope deleting the posts. If you don't believe it read her profile. I don't know about Humpaburn but Grandpa probably got fed up with Nopes put downs. Now delete it, Nope. It might be gone before AB gets finished checking the news.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,541 - 69,560 of81,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance