Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,473)

Showing posts 69,441 - 69,460 of81,256
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to tell you Roaming, but the hurting doesn't improve with age. It becomes eaiser to pick out spots that don't hurt though. Lol.
You got that right. Fibromyalgia OH how I hate it!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Nigeria? LMAO. Scam capital of the world. Dang I need to get some folks signed up to help me get all of my diamonds into the United States and share my fortune with them. Hurry folks when I get them cashed in for billions, you will only have ten thousand invested. Only a few spots left.
What was that ...the post removed? I missed it. hahaha

“It was only just a song”

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like killing just for sport either. I'd rather shoot critters with my Kodak! They do have a program in KY ("Hunters for the Hungry") where those deer hunters who do hunt just for the sport of it donate their deer and the meat is given to those who need it.
http://www.huntersforhungry.org/default2.asp...
that is a great thing and some good folks do it ..
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

I am busting a gut laughing at all the dog stories on my home page. Must be a slow news day. I promise this is the last one. Just too funny not to post. Lala and AW could get the dogs to talk tree time on skype. hahaha

Two Dogs Talk On Skype
http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Couple earthquakes, one in the Madrid Fault area:

Hayward, Missouri
Magnitude: 1.6

Spencer, Oklahoma
Magnitude: 2.6

Lots of epidemic hazard symbols on the map...flu, measles, and chicken pox
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

The fish death entry on the map I posted yesterday is a news story today. How sad. I would freak if I came up on this:

Tens of thousands of dead fish wash ashore on South Carolina beach

Thousands of dead fish washed up on mile and a half stretch of beach in South Carolina Tuesday, officials said, at least the second such occurrence in the region in a week.

Roughly 30,000 to 40,000 menhaden fish, 6 to 8 inches long, were spread along the shore from DeBordieu Beach in Georgetown County, S.C., to Pawleys Island, a town on the state's Atlantic Coast, and thousands more were expected, Pawleys Island Police Chief Michael Fanning said.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/17/16...

Okay, off to do a few errands and soak in a little sunshine. I hope you all have a great afternoon.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You would not want to go there. If you think you have experienced culture shock here, you would be in for a rude awakening there among a very "clannish" peoples that would not accept an "outsider", especially one formerly from Mass. LOL
That clannishness is a direct heritage from their Scotch-Irish background that largely developed from County Armargh, Ireland.
Well, my hubby is Irish, wonder if that would count. LOL I'm Russian, but I have been able to fit in pretty much anywhere I've been, probably because I don't act "uppity" as my neighbor says.
I have developed a weird accent, though. It's sort of a blend of Ma. and Ky country...after having been here for 15 years.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
It is something how loyal and true dogs can be. Lots of stories out there about them doing just that. I wonder how many people think to prepare for the care of their trusted friends if something happens to them. Something to think about.
I am glad to see the sun shining bright, at least it LOOKS warm through the window. hahaha
I did for my horses, LOL I knew that the old horse that I recently put down, and the little guy's pony would have trouble finding a home. So I put them in my will with a stipend for their care and or euthanasia, should it be necessary if I predecease them. Luckily, I was able to keep my old horse until it was time for him to cross the "Rainbow Bridge.:

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Nigeria? LMAO. Scam capital of the world. Dang I need to get some folks signed up to help me get all of my diamonds into the United States and share my fortune with them. Hurry folks when I get them cashed in for billions, you will only have ten thousand invested. Only a few spots left.
Nigerians tried to run a scam on me. It was so unbelievable that I couldn't see how anyone could get caught up in one, but apparently, people do.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

healthy warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't have to patronize me either, what you accuse me of is exactly what you do yourself, maybe that's why you are so sensitive to it. "Our earlier post" happen to be my posts as well and if you recall I was mostly responsible for getting these "ad nauseum" subjects out there for discussion to begin with and you are just a follower and a supportive researcher that helped to confirm a lot of what I was saying. So you need to really quit trying to be condescending when you respond to me, it doesn't work with me and I will give it right back to you. Sick to presenting your detailed supportive research, you are good at that. You should also know by now I don't care to offend anyone on here, I'm kinda known for that anyway and I like it that way ; )
No harm meant. I just thought that you were a new poster looking for information. I never intend to insult anyone, and if you took it that way, please accept my apology. I often don't remember the names of people who posted long ago, and drop in infrequently now.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
What was that ...the post removed? I missed it. hahaha
It's still there AB, it's on the page before this one.#82564. I bet some of those Nigerians cold tell several testamonies. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Nigerians tried to run a scam on me. It was so unbelievable that I couldn't see how anyone could get caught up in one, but apparently, people do.
It is unbelievable Lala. I think some people only see the big dollar signs and lose any sense they might have.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
No harm meant. I just thought that you were a new poster looking for information. I never intend to insult anyone, and if you took it that way, please accept my apology. I often don't remember the names of people who posted long ago, and drop in infrequently now.
Lala, Sybil uses so many names and expects everyone to know who he is. Don't pay any attention to that nut. Lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still there AB, it's on the page before this one.#82564. I bet some of those Nigerians cold tell several testamonies. LOL.
It is not on my screen.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Lala, Sybil uses so many names and expects everyone to know who he is. Don't pay any attention to that nut. Lol.
I finally figured out that it was Sybil. My mental gears need a little grease today...I'm a little slow catching on to things.
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@ Lala..In 1611 (the same time as the King James authorized Version of the Bible), in an effort to stem the growth of Catholicism, the King sent many Scots to immigrate to Ireland. These were hated by the true Irish with the feeling they were taking over, much like the current feelings of being threatened by illegal aliens.
These became known as the Scotch-Irish and many further migrated to America settling in Pa., W. Va. and Eastern Ky. The clannishness is a direct heritage dating back to that era as well as the continuing struggle in Ireland between the Catholics and the Protestants.
These are good peoples that will give the shirt off their back to a friend, but not hesitate to take action against someone otherwise. They are largely industrial and less agriculture and many have migrated to the Detroit auto industry and are Ohio's "Briars".
hey,thanks for the info, now i know why we all eat tators ! ha ha

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Funny stuff on here since last night, LOL!

Lala, what are you gonna do with that horse? You are SO like me. Strays seem to have a "QUICKLY! Head over to Nope's place" GPS in every one of them..

I don't know what I'd do with anything larger than a dog if it showed up. There was a cow roaming around my front yard once, but someone was already looking for it.
(Thank God)...

Oh, and then there was that mean ass goat a few years back. Again, the owners were looking for him though. That hateful and stinky old thing.
(He was one lucky goat THAT day. Had he decided to jump up on any of the vehicles? Well, I'd rather not say. He was hateful! Pure demon eyed, head butting, hateful)..

Right now, my woods have that really weird 'baby aspirin orange glow' going on. The sky looks SO strange. I don't like it when that color permeates everything around here. Even the cloud cover is that nasty pinkish/orange color Makes me want to hurl, and somehow my psyche feels 'off' with this hazy glow out there. It's not natural.. Hope it goes away soon. I'd rather have pitch darkness than look out at everything under that "baby aspirin pink" glow that I have going on outside right now..
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
is obama nigerian or sanigerian ?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

rapid fire wrote:
<quoted text>hey,thanks for the info, now i know why we all eat tators ! ha ha
You are welcome. More info on "Scotch-Irish" is available through Google. It says that we are a strong minded (stubborn) peoples and somewhat Nomadic always looking for better opportunities and the heritage also includes Daniel Boone, Meriwether Lewis, and Sam Houston. Nearly 200,000 immigrated to America during the great potato famine. I guess we came looking for taters. LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I finally figured out that it was Sybil. My mental gears need a little grease today...I'm a little slow catching on to things.
You're not alone. I have trouble sometimes figuring out who's who when they post and aren't a regular contributor like AW or AB. It gets twisty...
:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

@Nope... "Red at night, Sailor's delight.. Red in the morning, Sailor's take warning".. That pinkish orange glow means good sailing ahead. Be Thankful.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,441 - 69,460 of81,256
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Best place to park a truck and watch stars? Ple... 17 min Death Rattle 6
Downtown Assaults By Group of Teens (3/22/14) 31 min White Man 471
why is it so hard for some people to tip their ... 1 hr another waitress 24
Are most cops good ? (Sep '13) 1 hr Copper 45
Suspects charged in shoplifting spree 4 hr White Man 1
Miles Parker 4 hr careful 5
Derek Burcham of Kentucky Indiana Area has a cr... 5 hr Anony-Miss 3
•••
•••