Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,472)

Showing posts 69,421 - 69,440 of81,210
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
For all the dog lovers out there. This story is so sweet and sad. AW, you will like this one.
Loyal dog continues to attend mass at church where owner’s funeral was held
A loyal dog whose owner died late last year has apparently been showing up for mass every day for the last two months at the church where the funeral was held.
Tommy, a 7-year-old German Shepherd, used to accompany his owner, Maria Margherita Lochi, to services at Santa Maria Assunta church in San Donaci, Italy, according to the Daily Mail, and was allowed to sit at her feet.
After Lochi died, the dog "joined mourners at her funeral service" according to locals and "followed after Maria's coffin" as it was carried into the church.
Tommy, a stray who was adopted by Lochi, has been showing up "when the bell rings out to mark the beginning of services" ever since.
"He's there every time I celebrate Mass and is very well behaved," Father Donato Panna told the paper. "He doesn't make a sound."
None of the other parishoners have complained, Panna said, and villagers give the dog food and water and allow him to sleep nearby.
"I've not heard one bark from him in all the time he has been coming in," Panna added. "He waits patiently by the side of the altar and just sits there quietly. I didn't have the heart to throw him out—I've just recently lost my own dog so I leave him there until mass finishes and then I let him out."
Examples of this type of over-the-top canine loyalty are incredibly common.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/loyal-do...
That's cool AB. My two would probably be sitting there thinking; Wake up fool and give us a treat.Lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cool AB. My two would probably be sitting there thinking; Wake up fool and give us a treat.Lol
It is something how loyal and true dogs can be. Lots of stories out there about them doing just that. I wonder how many people think to prepare for the care of their trusted friends if something happens to them. Something to think about.

I am glad to see the sun shining bright, at least it LOOKS warm through the window. hahaha
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes he founded the Watchtower Society. Charles T. Russell preached heretical doctrine. The Jehovahs Witnesses took his heresies and made changes to the false doctrines as they proved themselves to be wrong. And dang it, they still don't have it right. The Jehovah's Witnesses changed their doctrine of only 144,000 being in heaven, when they finally realized their number already exceeded that. All the would have done was read where the Apostle John stated, he saw a multitude that no man could number. That entire religious system is heresy. That was just one example, I won't even go into the rest. People can research it for themselves.
A really sick bunch. They have had the door slammed in their face so much, they are sending children to the door with three year old garbage they need to toss into the trash can themselves.
I saw this happen last summer on one of the hottest days of the year. They had a child out doing their dirty work while the rode their sorry hind ends around in a air conditioned van. Nothing pisses me off anymore than child abuse. A freakin' cult is what it is.
I totally agree. They come down here in the boonies and sit out in the vehicle and send a 12 or 13 year old girl to want to give me pitures of birds and such just because I have chickens. The little girl told me she had just lost her grandmother, so naturally I have been nice to her and the few times the father came to the door with her, I would not be too rude just because of the child but I make lame excuses and I am sure he gets the message (Unless he is a total dim-wit which he probably is) with out me hurting that child's feelings. I worry that they might send that child to some pervert's place. I flip through and look at the pictures and immediately use the paper to start fires in my stove. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
It is something how loyal and true dogs can be. Lots of stories out there about them doing just that. I wonder how many people think to prepare for the care of their trusted friends if something happens to them. Something to think about.
I am glad to see the sun shining bright, at least it LOOKS warm through the window. hahaha
It is simply amazing when it comes to dog stories. Yes, indeed a beautiful day. That wind still has a bite. Enjoy this beautiful the Lord has blessed us with AB.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Yes it is beautiful today. I love it. Wish I wasn't hurting absolutely everywhere right now. Ah life.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Yes it is beautiful today. I love it. Wish I wasn't hurting absolutely everywhere right now. Ah life.
That cold wind does have a bite to it that got my arthritis to acting up when I went to take care of the chickens, but I came came back in and got the stove all cranked up and came to my PC by the window and the Good Lord blessed me with a herd of deer that came along and made me forget out my aching. They are still out there munching where I had my corn planted last year and left some things just for them. Beautiful to watch. I suppose if things got really bad, I could eat one but not as long as I get a few dollars and can still make it to the store. I can't imagine anyone killing the Creator's critters just for sport.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. They come down here in the boonies and sit out in the vehicle and send a 12 or 13 year old girl to want to give me pitures of birds and such just because I have chickens. The little girl told me she had just lost her grandmother, so naturally I have been nice to her and the few times the father came to the door with her, I would not be too rude just because of the child but I make lame excuses and I am sure he gets the message (Unless he is a total dim-wit which he probably is) with out me hurting that child's feelings. I worry that they might send that child to some pervert's place. I flip through and look at the pictures and immediately use the paper to start fires in my stove. LOL
Yes AW that is very disturbing to me. It was a teen girl I saw leaving my door. This was a Sunday afternoon hot & humid day in the upper 90's. By the time I got to the door and pulled the 3 year old literature out of the front storm door and saw the young girl getting into the van on down the street, I got so angry. Not at the child, but at the adults. I went out the back door got in my truck to chase then down. I had a mouthful for the male driver along with the wadded up literature. Never did find them. I lose my cool completely when I see children being abused or misused. I know I would be in deep doodie with the law if I ever caught someone molesting a child. I usually burn the stuff too, but iy's almost to rotten to burn well. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Hate to tell you Roaming, but the hurting doesn't improve with age. It becomes eaiser to pick out spots that don't hurt though. Lol.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
It is simply amazing when it comes to dog stories. Yes, indeed a beautiful day. That wind still has a bite. Enjoy this beautiful the Lord has blessed us with AB.
You are right, I seen another one after that and AW and his dog came to mind in his truck. I am sure his dog is smarter than this one. Still a crazy freak accident.

I am going to get out this afternoon for a trip to the store and visit one of my Mom's neighbors who miss her almost as much as we do.

Florida man run over, killed after dog pushes vehicle's accelerator

A Florida man has died after a dog jumped into a van and pushed the accelerator, causing the vehicle to strike the man as he opened a gate outside of his home, authorities said.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/17/16...

How horrifying for the witnesses. Sad story.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That cold wind does have a bite to it that got my arthritis to acting up when I went to take care of the chickens, but I came came back in and got the stove all cranked up and came to my PC by the window and the Good Lord blessed me with a herd of deer that came along and made me forget out my aching. They are still out there munching where I had my corn planted last year and left some things just for them. Beautiful to watch. I suppose if things got really bad, I could eat one but not as long as I get a few dollars and can still make it to the store. I can't imagine anyone killing the Creator's critters just for sport.
AW I really PO, well a lot of people. Lol. Mainly deer hunters, I tell them it's a chicken poop sport. I don't see any sport to a person dressing up like an Oak tree, squirting Skunk or Fox pee on their shoes, climbing up in a tree stand in freezing weather before daylight and shooting a deer with a high powered rifle. Then haul it all over town in a pickup truck bed with it's tongue hanging, saying, look what I've got. I'm like you, I had much rather see a deer standing on all four legs. They cherish life too.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, I seen another one after that and AW and his dog came to mind in his truck. I am sure his dog is smarter than this one. Still a crazy freak accident.
I am going to get out this afternoon for a trip to the store and visit one of my Mom's neighbors who miss her almost as much as we do.
Florida man run over, killed after dog pushes vehicle's accelerator
A Florida man has died after a dog jumped into a van and pushed the accelerator, causing the vehicle to strike the man as he opened a gate outside of his home, authorities said.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/17/16...
How horrifying for the witnesses. Sad story.
That is a sad odd happening AB. On a lighter note, I'm glad now that AW took Dog's drivers license with his unusual experience with Dog and his truck, at the bait shop parking lot. Hilarious. Lol.
W KY Girl

Barrington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Where ever hell is, it is bad!
Where ever heaven is, it is good!

A nigerian man's experience: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
W KY Girl

Barrington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like killing just for sport either. I'd rather shoot critters with my Kodak! They do have a program in KY ("Hunters for the Hungry") where those deer hunters who do hunt just for the sport of it donate their deer and the meat is given to those who need it.
http://www.huntersforhungry.org/default2.asp...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a sad odd happening AB. On a lighter note, I'm glad now that AW took Dog's drivers license with his unusual experience with Dog and his truck, at the bait shop parking lot. Hilarious. Lol.
Today must be dog news, I seen this one too, too funny.

Crafty three-legged dog swipes sausages from grocery store

Don't let his cute face or the fact that he only has three legs fool you: This dog, named Oscar, has a shoplifting habit. Oscar was caught on a New Zealand store's security camera casually walking out with a sausage clutched in his jaws. Locals say Oscar's owners were having another family watch the dog while they were out of town, but they didn't have fences capable of containing this hungry bandit. Fortunately for Oscar, store owner Esmay Hay is laughing about the incident rather than pressing charges. As she puts it, Oscar "wouldn't have a leg to stand on" in court.

http://now.msn.com/three-legged-dog-named-osc...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%. You are lucky AW. They know they are safe in your little piece of Heaven therefore they give you joy in watching them. They are beautiful. I don't know how anyone could kill them unless they were starving to death and had no choice.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Here's another one (these were all on my msm homepage. This is not very challenging though cute. Like a Waldo page. Still they are cute.

Spot the stealth pup hiding in these 23 photos

Grab your spectacles, readers. We've got a Border collie to find. This awesome "Find Momo" project by visual artist Andrew Knapp has the nostalgic coolness of "Where's Waldo" but with a dog lover's twist. Hidden within each Instagram picture is a glimpse of Momo, Knapp's adorably stealth pup from Ontario, Canada, with black-and-white fur and an obvious knack for self-concealment. Knapp says he didn’t even start out setting the scenes up. The two would go on treks and Momo would simply disappear into the landscape. Now, if we could just get him a doggie-sized red and white sweater.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/andrew-knapp-wheres-wally-...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

What would Hell do without Youtube? For all those trying to use telephones for computers. I've heard those folks can't see the judge it's. Oh well, I guess that's what they get for trying to get a telephone to do a computers job. Kind of like sending a boy to do a mans job. Kind of odd but one poster in W KY, all of their post get from 2 to 3 clueless, nuts and spam, judge it icons everytime.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Today must be dog news, I seen this one too, too funny.
Crafty three-legged dog swipes sausages from grocery store
Don't let his cute face or the fact that he only has three legs fool you: This dog, named Oscar, has a shoplifting habit. Oscar was caught on a New Zealand store's security camera casually walking out with a sausage clutched in his jaws. Locals say Oscar's owners were having another family watch the dog while they were out of town, but they didn't have fences capable of containing this hungry bandit. Fortunately for Oscar, store owner Esmay Hay is laughing about the incident rather than pressing charges. As she puts it, Oscar "wouldn't have a leg to stand on" in court.
http://now.msn.com/three-legged-dog-named-osc...
I used to walk around like that sometimes. I didn't swipe sausage though, I thought walking around on one was enough. Hehehe.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

'Dear Abby' columnist Pauline Phillips dies

Pauline Phillips was better known as "Dear Abby," the advice columnist who helped thousands.
Beloved advice guru Dear Abby has died at the age of 94.

http://news.msn.com/obits/pauline-phillips-de...

RIP Dear Abby, an American icon

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Nigeria? LMAO. Scam capital of the world. Dang I need to get some folks signed up to help me get all of my diamonds into the United States and share my fortune with them. Hurry folks when I get them cashed in for billions, you will only have ten thousand invested. Only a few spots left.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,421 - 69,440 of81,210
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Joshua Young is back in jail! 15 min Auntie Phascist 4
Fischer announces support for Hollander in Metr... 38 min Linda Sparrow 1
Downtown Assaults By Group of Teens (3/22/14) 3 hr Phoenix97 462
David and Michelle James (Jun '13) 3 hr Karma 56
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 3 hr hum 921
Suspects in knifepoint robbery arrested 4 hr observer 8
maddie yates 6 hr Phoenix97 3
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... Apr 13 keep your head up 28
•••