Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81774 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

whitehair

Eminence, KY

#82369 Jan 16, 2013
Don`t know your country too well,but have you heard that one of the electric companies in Western Ky has filed for almost 20% INCREASE in rates?
W KY Girl

Cambridge, WI

#82370 Jan 16, 2013
Watching the VP flap his jowels about gun control now the President. If the powers that be don't want civilians to have assault weapons or high capacity mags fine, but why is it that ALL law enforcement agencies are armed to the teeth with all the weapons that they don't want us to have? The second ammendment was set in place so we could protect ourselves from the government (including law enforcement). How could we do that if we are far out-gunned??? I was just reading about Ruby Ridge this morning. They have proved several times that they can't be trusted!
W KY Girl

Cambridge, WI

#82371 Jan 16, 2013
...23 Executive Actions today!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#82372 Jan 16, 2013
Well, a good portion of my gun stash is probably in dire jeopardy. I just watched the Prez on t.v. Anything holding 10 or more rounds is set to possibly be banned.

These handguns are NOT assault weapons, for God sakes. Obviously, our Prez isn't familiar with handguns.... It appears to me that he's going by what he's being told by members of congress and the rest of the dregs who want to see us ALL disarmed.

I just tried to purchase another handgun yesterday. Get this folks: I was flagged! ME? Flagged? Yep, me.....

So, could it be that I already have too many guns for their liking? Is there a limit now on how many a person can own and we've not been told that if you cross that limit, you can be flagged? Does the FBI have a list of how many you own and if you get above that limit, are you put on a watch list? If that's the case, I'm on it.... I may not be able to purchase this new handgun after all is said and done. There is a thread somewhere else on here with someone saying they got flagged last week who sounds like they're facing the same thing I did yesterday.

Geez.. What the hell?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82373 Jan 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Even though my trees were iced, the roads were clear and I got my bills either dropped off or mailed and got survival groceries at the Dollar Store and Sav-a-Lot and now I am broke again and it only took 2 hours to get rid of my dole.
Life is good though and I can take a shower without the water or electric being turned off and all I will need to do is hope the power stays on, other wise I will have to do like the old days and get water from the creek (after breaking any ice) and heat it on the wood burning stove and get the shivering rag wipe. LOL
Una, I did save back some quarters that the dog can drop into the Sunday School offering to help defer the cost of the crayons he will eat. hehehe
That's good AW, now the preacher can't complain about dog eating a few crayons. Fussy, fussy, just can't do anything to suit some preachers anymore. Lol. A lady told our new pastor a couple of Sundays ago, to preach a successful sermon he needed a good beginning and a good ending and keep them close together.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82374 Jan 16, 2013
Geez.. What the hell?

Not magazine capacity. Mental capacity.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#82375 Jan 16, 2013
Oh it's been a long day and it ain't even half over yet!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#82376 Jan 16, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Geez.. What the hell?
Not magazine capacity. Mental capacity.
Well, on a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the lowest, that's certainly what I consider the mentality level of anyone in congress who might support this new proposal.

What about a 20 gage shotgun that puts out pellets the size of peas? I could shoot at a flock of buzzards and possibly take down two or more at a single pop. So with thinking like this, could my shotguns be labeled as assault weapons sometime in the near future? And they hold many more than one shell a piece you know.

This is getting out of hand. First banned is anything holding 10 or more rounds.
What's next?

You all better get your heads out of the sand before it's too late.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82377 Jan 16, 2013
Somebody is pulling somebody's leg. There is no waiting period in the State of Kentucky to buy a handgun, rifle nor shotgun. The customer fills out a form, the gun dealer makes the call, the sale is made or not made then and there. If the customer is the holder of a valid concealed weapons premit the call for a background check does NOT have to be made, but the form still has to be filled out for the gunshop owners records.

Obamas proposal hasn't even been looked at yet by lawmakers, much less passed. NO, I don't like the gun law crap either, but people also need to quit talking crap about it.
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

#82378 Jan 16, 2013
that phsyco was determined to kill those kids. if he had no guns, he would have set them on fire burned them alive, or took a set of steak knives and sliced they're throats...do the retards want to BAN gas,matches,and knives too ? hell no.they only want our guns because they know we the people are getting fed up with getting ripped-off by the rich man (our beloved politicals)they know this economy is on the edge of collapse,so they don't want us to be armed when the day comes.what would it be like if the GOV. did shut down and did'nt send any checks out next month ??..CIVIL WAR ???
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82379 Jan 16, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good AW, now the preacher can't complain about dog eating a few crayons. Fussy, fussy, just can't do anything to suit some preachers anymore. Lol. A lady told our new pastor a couple of Sundays ago, to preach a successful sermon he needed a good beginning and a good ending and keep them close together.
Like preachers, some people are fairly fussy too. They want to sit in the front of the bus, the back of the Church, and the center of attention. LOL

A preacher told a replacement piano player which Hymns to play to correspond with his sermon, but when it came time to request contributions he would like the congregation to stand and dig into their wallets and she could pick the song of her choice for the offering. So when it came time for the contributions she played "The Star Spangled Banner" and that is how the replacement pianist became the regular pianist.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82380 Jan 16, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, on a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the lowest, that's certainly what I consider the mentality level of anyone in congress who might support this new proposal.
What about a 20 gage shotgun that puts out pellets the size of peas? I could shoot at a flock of buzzards and possibly take down two or more at a single pop. So with thinking like this, could my shotguns be labeled as assault weapons sometime in the near future? And they hold many more than one shell a piece you know.
This is getting out of hand. First banned is anything holding 10 or more rounds.
What's next?
You all better get your heads out of the sand before it's too late.
If you had a problem with buying a handgun under present Ky. laws the problem is with you. Truthfully I think your head is someplace rather than in the sand. If I'm not badly mistaken, shooting a Buzzard is a felony. Do I need to mention mentality again? I would almost guarantee I can go to my local gunshop and have the weapon of my choice and be back home in less than an hour. I can sure call them and find out for 100% accuracy.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82381 Jan 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Like preachers, some people are fairly fussy too. They want to sit in the front of the bus, the back of the Church, and the center of attention. LOL
A preacher told a replacement piano player which Hymns to play to correspond with his sermon, but when it came time to request contributions he would like the congregation to stand and dig into their wallets and she could pick the song of her choice for the offering. So when it came time for the contributions she played "The Star Spangled Banner" and that is how the replacement pianist became the regular pianist.
Got to say AW I admire your piano player. She must have been watching you for awhile, you stubborn old coot. LOL.
iluvall

Paducah, KY

#82382 Jan 16, 2013
a real christian knows not to pledge allegiance to flags nor anything that exerts itself before Jehovah God. playing the star spangled banner at church..smh..statist worshiping the beast

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#82383 Jan 16, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Somebody is pulling somebody's leg. There is no waiting period in the State of Kentucky to buy a handgun, rifle nor shotgun. The customer fills out a form, the gun dealer makes the call, the sale is made or not made then and there. If the customer is the holder of a valid concealed weapons premit the call for a background check does NOT have to be made, but the form still has to be filled out for the gunshop owners records.
Obamas proposal hasn't even been looked at yet by lawmakers, much less passed. NO, I don't like the gun law crap either, but people also need to quit talking crap about it.
So, you're calling me a liar? I am telling you this very thing happened to ME personally, and I've left out NO details.. I'm not saying here that "a friend of a friends said such and such". IT WAS ME.. It happened and I know what I was told before I left the gun dealer WITHOUT the gun I tried to purchase. Paperwork left behind, completely filled out with my social security number for reference. Giving my Social Security number by the way, was optional. But beings as I have NOTHING TO HIDE, I gave it willingly. It's not like they don't already, or wouldn't know, my whole life by now as it is if they wanted to nose in my business... And apparently, they've nosed into it or I would have had a new pistol in my case...

What I'm telling you is the honest to God truth. I'd have nothing to gain here by lying.

I left there WITHOUT the gun I tried to purchase. And they kept the paperwork. Perhaps because I didn't ask for it back, I can't say. Would I have gotten it if I'd asked? I don't know that answer because I was too pissed off to think of it at the time...
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

#82384 Jan 16, 2013
rapidfarter lol, that sounds like more than ten rounds. well anyway, theyr not getting mine. unless they commit the same crime and put bullets in me !!!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#82385 Jan 16, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had a problem with buying a handgun under present Ky. laws the problem is with you. Truthfully I think your head is someplace rather than in the sand. If I'm not badly mistaken, shooting a Buzzard is a felony. Do I need to mention mentality again? I would almost guarantee I can go to my local gunshop and have the weapon of my choice and be back home in less than an hour. I can sure call them and find out for 100% accuracy.
"Shooting a buzzard" was a metaphor. I'm extremely pissed off, that's it in a nutshell. I have no criminal background and no felonies. No mental conditions that would flag me and there is nothing that would have kept me from owning ANOTHER firearm. Nothing kept me from buying one 6 months ago. Nothing kept me from buying a couple last year. So WHY now?

The only thing I can think of is that they keyed in the wrong numbers or read them off wrong. The check line was so backed up that I waited there for what felt like an hour just waiting for the call to go through in the first place. I'm going back up there tomorrow to see what they tell me. From what I understand, if you're denied a firearm, they are required to give you the reason. Believe it, I'm highly interested in finding out what that reason is.... This has never happened before, so what steps I should take are a mystery. I do intend to get to the bottom of it though.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82386 Jan 16, 2013
iluvall wrote:
a real christian knows not to pledge allegiance to flags nor anything that exerts itself before Jehovah God. playing the star spangled banner at church..smh..statist worshiping the beast
I don't see that anything was placed before God. Go tell it to Charles Taze Russell, he invented your pathetic doctrine. statist??? When you folks come by here with your three year old literature, I just tell them to hurry on down the street and invite someone else to go to hell with them.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#82387 Jan 16, 2013
a 10 round magazine will surely hamper the Hollywood Movie industry.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82389 Jan 16, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're calling me a liar? I am telling you this very thing happened to ME personally, and I've left out NO details.. I'm not saying here that "a friend of a friends said such and such". IT WAS ME.. It happened and I know what I was told before I left the gun dealer WITHOUT the gun I tried to purchase. Paperwork left behind, completely filled out with my social security number for reference. Giving my Social Security number by the way, was optional. But beings as I have NOTHING TO HIDE, I gave it willingly. It's not like they don't already, or wouldn't know, my whole life by now as it is if they wanted to nose in my business... And apparently, they've nosed into it or I would have had a new pistol in my case...
What I'm telling you is the honest to God truth. I'd have nothing to gain here by lying.
I left there WITHOUT the gun I tried to purchase. And they kept the paperwork. Perhaps because I didn't ask for it back, I can't say. Would I have gotten it if I'd asked? I don't know that answer because I was too pissed off to think of it at the time...
No, the only paperwork you get is a recipt if you purchased the gun. The gunshop keeps the form the customer has filled out. They probably threw it away, since no purchase was made. I didn't call you a liar in this instance. There is definately wrong with this picture, whether it is the gunshop owner, you or the background check person they spoke with. I really can't see why you left the shop PO'd at the owner and don't want to know. You could have demanded them to destroy the form in your presence, but they have no use for it.

You asked, so I will be truthful. Yes, you have lied and contradicted yourself on this topic in the past.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillview man arrested for shooting down drone; ... 8 hr Ann 17
text while driving 9 hr Cowboy from Hell 7
Adam Edelen and his career as a corrupt, Self-S... Sun Edelen 1
tail gating drivers Sun bserious 8
Brown -Forman Sun Oakedtodeath 1
News Mother arrested on drug charges after falling a... (Aug '13) Sun Say no to drugs 5
Need Dope Sun all that sparkles 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages