Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
68,881 - 68,900 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 20
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't dare open my windows AB. We have a theiving dope ho living in the neighborhood. I lock my backdoor(the one I use)behind me if I can't see it anytime I am outside. She is sneaky, although she has been in every jail in three counties. LOL.
What a shame. It was nice having fresh air throughout the house. Birds were singing up a storm when I woke up. I slept with my bedroom windows up (upstairs). It made me forget it was January. lol

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Looks like a busy day in here!
I'll tell ya Roaming, I have been waiting for two days to get washed into Barren River. According to Topix severe weather warning we are supposed to have had flooding. It hasn't rained enough here to float the Tidy-Bowl man in his little john boat and I do mean john. LOL.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL lala, a gun I can handle. A horse would be a different story. I would have fallen off of that horse and those kids would have laughed their hind ends off. LOL. I guess one has to have a love for horses. I think they are pretty but I really don't like being close to them, especially the hind legs. Lol. My sister had a pony, that was the meanest B I have ever seen. She could ride it. I wouldn't get near that thing. Lol. My sister and our cousin was riding the pony one day, all of a sudden that pony took off running as fast as it could down a steep hill with him on it's back. He was riding her bare back, screaming and hanging on for dear life. The pony finnaly bucked him off at the bottom of the hill. It just skinned him up a bit. I didn't laugh at all. Yeah right, Ahahahah.
I've had my share of falls to, but I just get back on again. Hubby thinks that I'm nuts, being my age and doing some of the things I do. I've been pretty quiet the past year, up until recently. I figure that I should be back to my old self by spring or summer, and then, watch out, I'll be at my escapades again. I refuse to grow old, sitting in a rocking chair, and acting like an old Mamaw.
I'd rather meet my maker doing something I like, than playing it safe and turning into a grouchy old woman and becoming someone else's burden. AW has a pretty good philosophy of life. Be grateful for waking up each morning, and enjoying the things in life that Our Creator has given us.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Looks like a busy day in here!
Well, hello. Hope that you had a better sleep last night. Yeah, it's been busy today...throwing around a little bullshiz.

Since: Sep 11

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw that letter, and it was well-written, but it will not stop the agenda of complete control. There will be many who see tragic events and just about "beg" legislators for very strict gun control. There are more people who want citizens to be disarmed than there are who fight for second amendment freedom.
I come from a different region of the country. In that culture, very few people own guns. When I first came here I was "horrified" that people actually carried weapons in their vehicles and had them in their homes. It was a real culture shock. After having lived here for 15 years, I find it commonplace and reasonable. I can't imagine anyone not having a gun for protection or hunting. Gentle, responsible,and normal good citizens carry guns or keep them in the home. I never paid much attention to the right to bear arms because I was not in my culture, and not in my mindset. I can remember stepping outside on a hot summer night, shortly after arriving in Ky. It was about 2 A.M., and a very large man, dressed in camoflage, and carrying a rifle came up quietly behind me. I was so startled and scared. The man merely wanted permission to retrieve his hunting dogs that ran to the back of my property. At the time, I didn't know who this man was and I subsequently ran into the house to wake up hubby. I told him that he would probably not believe what just happened.
I have the advantage of growing up in the Northeast and know how people there react to guns. That is what is hard for Southern country folks to understand when they say that no one would ever try to take their guns away. Don't be too sure. There are a lot of folks who do not see it that way, when you get out of the rural setting. Of course there will be no immediate gun confiscation. At first,certain types of guns will be eliminated. My point is that once the process starts, it will eventually get more and more restrictive. This may take several years. Or, if there is a sudden disaster, necessitating martial law, you will see how quickly guns will be taken away. And we all know, after being on this thread for two years, that there is a possibility of some major event taking place. We have all talked about birds dropping dead, chemtrails, the New Madrid, and on and on. I am not an alarmist, but I do believe that we need to be vigilant.
Very well put, because I feel that you are so right. I have felt like that for years, and the time is right here, just waiting to start. And when it starts there will be no end, until every citizen is helpless to the government, just as it is in many foreign countries now.

And no I don't believe that I will relinquish very easily.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Those poor people.
Where does Haiti stand three years after its 7.0 earthquake?
On Jan. 12, 2010, a 7.0 magnitude earthquake hit already deeply impoverished Haiti, killing more than 200,000 and leaving another 1.5 million in makeshift camps. It was one of the worst humanitarian disasters in years, and though the response was rapid and generous, three years and billions of dollars in aid later, hundreds of thousands are still without homes. How has aid money been spent and can Haiti 'build back better?'
http://news.yahoo.com/where-does-haiti-stand-...
I watched a program of t.v. about Haiti. It's so sad to see that devastation.

Since: Sep 11

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Preppers beware! I watched a video last night about a prepper who stockpiled food, built an underground shelter, and kept some weapons. He got along with his neighbors, except the one who reported him to the police saying that he was getting crazier and crazier and had an arsenal. Police came to his home welding business undercover and casually asked about his prepping and whether or not he had guns. He admitted to having some protection. Well, the upshot is that the undercover guy reported him to FBI and Homeland Security. A while later, the street was ablaze from police car lights, 150 officers (I think) which included local, FBI, Homeland Security, and Swat teams surrounded his home, which he wisely fled into the woods. He turned himself in the next morning. Come to find out, the guy had only a few revolvers and a couple of shotguns, a supply of food, and his shelter. Police wrecked that by digging up his yard. It's a good thing that neighbors supported this man, and what he was doing. The crazy guy was probably the one who reported him, and was just disgruntled for some reason. They expected to find grenades, RPGs , and who knows what, but they only found his small gun collection. Charges were dropped. The prepper is in some legal hot water; though, because 20 years ago, he had a drug charge in his background check. Although he had no other run ins with the law, he was technically a felon and was not supposed to have a gun. Everyone spoke very well of the man and told investigators that he would never hurt anyone, and only helped others. But, you see how only rumor caused this very exaggerated response. So, preppers beware. I also read that Homeland Security also considers buying food in bulk, which may mean a terrorist threat. Watch out, AW, when you do your monthly shopping to save money. Who knows who may be watching.LOL. It is a shame that one individual (the person reporting the "crime") can snitch on a law-abiding citizen and initiate such an uproar. It is these kinds of things that worry me. My grandmother, an immigrant from Russia, would roll over in her grave to see what America (the land of milk and honey, and the place where you could be free)is coming to. I do not fear terrorists. I fear people relinquishing their individual rights and freedoms under the guise of "keeping us safe." I'll take my chances.
That is so funny and so truth of how some people over react. The over reacting people will be going to this guy when a real disaster hits.

Kinda like the ice storm we had a few years back. Dang I had a house full of people, with heat, coffee, t.v. but no electric. Took hours to make a pot of coffee but it was good.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Well, good-night, folks. Time to do a few more chores, take a shower, and hit the bed AGAIN. Can't shake this sleepy thing off. Pleasant dreams, all,and talk to you tomorrow, Lord willing.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Goodnight lala, Goodnight everyone.

I am calling it a night too. All my favorite teams lost today and the Packers don't look like they are going to pull out a miracle so I am off to bed. It's nice and cool in my bedroom and I just can't wait to hit the pillow and think of Spring. lol

Pleasant dreams to you all.
qwerty

Carrollton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Count to ten, Leonardo... That's about how long it will take you to calm down during this confusing time. Breathe a fart every chance you get. This collection of minor annoyances sent by the Capricornicus Moon is due to be scattered by a sudden gust of wind. There are plenty of other people in your life right now, but you remain your own best wind. Trust only those you know are on your back side. Expect an emotional triumph as the day draws to a close.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

qwerty wrote:
Count to ten, Leonardo... That's about how long it will take you to calm down during this confusing time. Breathe a fart every chance you get. This collection of minor annoyances sent by the Capricornicus Moon is due to be scattered by a sudden gust of wind. There are plenty of other people in your life right now, but you remain your own best wind. Trust only those you know are on your back side. Expect an emotional triumph as the day draws to a close.
Beautiful qwerty, simply beautiful. Would that be Leonardo DeFartio? Lol.
W KY Girl

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

@Oglala
I agree with you, down here guns are as common as...silverware! LOL I can remember one kid bringing a gun for "show-and-tell," jr high school I think it was. It wasn't a big shock to see him walking down the hall with it propped on his shoulder. I remember taking my knife collection for "show-and-tell." I couldn't think of anything to take so what the heck, I just took a bunch of knives. lol I remember my bus driver wanted to buy one of them. The majority of the boys carried a pocket knife. No doubt there are a lot of people who do not get our culture. I have also been around a few northerners who thought gun ownership was awful!

One thing I am hoping from reading that letter is that should things go crazy, I hope the majority of the ex-military men and women are on the side of the citizens. We will need them! You are right, we never know what natural disaster might happen or when the next terrorist attack will be or when the government will finally go completely off the deep end. That is all guess work BUT we are assured in the bible that in the end times that bad things are going to happen that will be beyond what we can imagine. No doubt at that time all guns will be confiscated. From reading the bible, all of the above will be going on at the same time - wars, total government takeover, horrific natural disasters, little access to food/water, etc. Whether we have an earthquake in mind, or a tornado, zombie apocalypse, rapture, tribulation, or just losing a job - one thing is for sure, we better be prepared for whatever!
Flu pandemic

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

http://www.naturalnews.com/038648_flu_pandemi...
Flu Epidemic Strikes Millions of Americans Already Vaccinated Against the Flu

The USA is in an official flu pandemic panic right now, with Boston declaring a public health emergency and hospitals setting up flu treatment tents as if cities were war zones. The CDC says it's the worst flu pandemic in a decade, and it's of course urging everybody to get injected with flu vaccines.

But here's the dirty little secret the vaccine industry doesn't want you to know: Most people getting the flu right now are the same people who were vaccinated with the flu shot.

The CDC refuses to release any statistics on this, of course, because then the total hoax of the flu shot would be exposed. But I've been making phone calls to a large network of friends and professional contacts, and they're all telling me the same thing: Of the people they know who are getting sick, about two-thirds routinely get flu shots!

Check with your own friends, family members or co-workers on this point. Ask the ones who got sick: Did you get a flu shot? See if the answers you get are about the same as mine: Two-thirds.

If this holds true across a larger data set, it means that flu shots actually make you MORE susceptible to the flu. That's because far less than two-thirds of the U.S. population takes flu shots. So if two-thirds of those getting the flu this year are the same people who got flu shots, mathematically it can only mean that flu shots INCREASE vulnerability to the flu.
Flu pandemic

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

(cont)

What's in flu shots? Aluminum, mercury, MSG and formaldehyde
The CDC openly admits that vaccines contain a toxic cocktail and metals and synthetic chemicals that we all know cause neurological damage. Those include aluminum and mercury.

These metals and chemicals also suppress the immune system, and that's the primary purpose of vaccines: To actually cause an epidemic so that more people rush out to buy more vaccines. The whole point is to sell more vaccines, not to improve public health. And the fastest way to sell more vaccines is to make sure the vaccines themselves contain chemicals and metals that make people more vulnerable to infection.

What, you don't believe me? You think Big Pharma is a collection of compassionate, loving angels who care about the people more than they care about profits? Wake up and smell the chemicals. Vaccine manufacturers are, on the record, criminal organizations that are repeatedly found guilty of felony crimes -- everything from price fixing to the bribery of doctors and the commission of marketing fraud.

Drug companies have zero ethics. They kill children to test their vaccines. They conduct medical experiments on prisoners and mental patients. Do you honestly think they wouldn't use vaccines as a way to make people sick and create an infectious disease scare that sells more vaccines?
Flu pandemic

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

(cont)
Real solutions to the flu
If you really want to stay healthy this flu season, the answer is pretty simple. It all starts with the top three nutrients for flu prevention:

1) Vitamin D
2) More vitamin D
3) And yet more vitamin D

If you're not taking at least 5,000 IUs of vitamin D each day during the winter flu season, you're probably vitamin D deficient and that's making you a sitting duck for influenza.

In addition to vitamin D, there are all sorts of other herbal remedies, trace minerals (like zinc), and superfood nutrients that can help protect you.

And, of course, don't suppress your immune system with flu shots, chemotherapy or prescription medications. All those things make you more vulnerable to infection and makes you a repeat customer for the "sick care" cartels that profit from human suffering.
W KY Girl

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
... I do not fear terrorists. I fear people relinquishing their individual rights and freedoms under the guise of "keeping us safe." I'll take my chances.
@Oglala -I agree with you. Dang a bunch of terrorists, what's scary is this government of ours!-and that is pretty dang sad! Other than my boyfriend, I don't let anybody know what I have or don't have. There are too many people like the one that snitched on that prepper as well as the ones who will be chomping at the bit to steal your stuff ...and the ones who will want to move in like you did all the prepping just for them. I do know some people who have what the government would call an arsenal. lol Some are hunters and some are just collectors - no nut jobs. lol I went to an auction a year or two ago where the man had over 300 guns of all kinds. They had a tent set up that was probably 100'X40' and it was FULL of guns and people buying them -standing room only! They were running background checks on the buyers.
Boy I would have been so mad if I had been that guy. I would be wanting to sue the heck out of the government! He's lucky he didn't get killed. He was wise in running for the woods! Things like that is why I don't ever want close neighbors.
W KY Girl

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

@Flu Pandemic -thanks for the info. I agree on Vitamin D and the flu shot. Me and my mother take at least 2,000 IU's (gel caps) in the warm months and 4,000 IU's during the winter. I am thinking about upping our doses to 6,000 IU's because of this flu. I honestly do think that Vitamin D gives the immune system a HUGE boost.
W KY Girl

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

@Ab.. I don't use Oracle or Java or allowed it to be installed on the corporate mainframe servers or computers as a gateway to anyone and everyone sitting out in Timbuktu.

From a personal standpoint, I keep software at a bare minimum and take the stance that if I don't use it daily, I don't need it. I never saw the need for a punchbowl set to have to clean all year long to only use at Christmas. I had to laugh at UNA's story on Tupperware jumping out of the cabinets.

The "practical" solution is for departmental servers and main computers to not install anything they suspect, no matter how popular it may be. "Physician Heal Thyself".

I am still running Windows-98 and do not use any of the Office suite of software products including PowerPoint. I have a cd that I can reload this PC back to day one and I "like" nothing on Facebook and even on Topix, I look at very few weblinks and even when I do I immediately purge all temporary internet files and "add-on" data. This old machine works well except for the typist. hehehe
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

I saw the comments earlier on Piers Morgan and tend to agree that he is quite arrogant, but I never saw the logic behind watching or reading anything one dislikes. I saw him once and that was enough. LOL I don't even watch Bill O'Reily. The first time I saw him he was funny, the 2nd time was "Why am I watching this"?

I dislike and don't listen to, read, or watch those with an agenda to shove into my face. That includes pundits, politicians, Topix posters, Facebook "news" and especially preachers. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Teen posts girlfriend's nude pictures o... 1 hr frankie 1
7th street and Hill (Dec '07) 2 hr Park Hill Projects 118
Alison Grimes' accepts illegal campaign contrib... 2 hr Neutral Party 8
Slumlord of Lou,Ky (Jun '09) 2 hr Realtor 42
Mike Doss aka Bigfoot 7 hr pete 39
Mitch McConnell 9 hr wow 366
jan earle (Nov '09) 9 hr brandy 6
Carla Rushing Aka The pornstar Cody lane Living... (Nov '11) Aug 17 Sasha98 246

Search the Louisville Forum:
•••