Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,641

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#81901 Jan 11, 2013
I got a wild hair and cooked up some supper tonight(dinner is the noon day meal in Allen County)LOL. My two little dogs and I pigged out. Salmon patties, baked potato, cream style corn, macaroni & cheeze and fried cornbread. Fartin' like a Jack. Whoo wee.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81902 Jan 11, 2013
@UNA That last post reminded me of a huge woman from my former work. Her husband came to pick her up in a tiny little car one day and he was so huge he could barely fit in the driver's seat. She got into the rear on the passenger side to balance out the car since she was even bigger than her husband. LOL I felt sorry for the tires. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81903 Jan 11, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
I got a wild hair and cooked up some supper tonight(dinner is the noon day meal in Allen County)LOL. My two little dogs and I pigged out. Salmon patties, baked potato, cream style corn, macaroni & cheeze and fried cornbread. Fartin' like a Jack. Whoo wee.
I fixed macaroni and cheese also. But had it with lemon-pepper tilapia and steamed brocoli and 5-cheese Texas toast. I am not gassing yet but expect the brocoli will kick in any minute now.
I am legend

Somerset, KY

#81904 Jan 11, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
you Allen county aristocrats eat like kings!
Man Oh man I'm hungry now.
The little feller, his strumpet mother and I had save-a-lot corned beef and veggie soup with diced tomatoes, and saltines on the side MMM MMMM.
Seriously it was good and we were thankful to have it.
Little do dad smacked those lips and ate like a little hog.
I think I'll make him some salmon cakes tomorrow and see how he takes to them. I bet he shovels them down like everything else. I have not found vittles he wont eat so far. I have never seen a youngin gulp down buttermilk before, he loves it.
With the price of buttermilk being what it is, I guess I'll have to take the cans off soon.
I am legend

Somerset, KY

#81905 Jan 11, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
UNA you would like my little grand nephew, he can cut some poots that'll clear the room of all life forms in a hurry. He walked by my cat and cut one, the cat got a whiff, shook his head and ran at the door so fast he bounced off of it. The little monster laughed and laughed.
I think I'll just keep em, put the girl back in school and watch the little pooter while she's gone. Man I hope she dont get go out and get bigged with another one though. I better think that idea over some more.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81906 Jan 11, 2013
I am legend wrote:
<quoted text>UNA you would like my little grand nephew, he can cut some poots that'll clear the room of all life forms in a hurry. He walked by my cat and cut one, the cat got a whiff, shook his head and ran at the door so fast he bounced off of it. The little monster laughed and laughed.
I think I'll just keep em, put the girl back in school and watch the little pooter while she's gone. Man I hope she dont get go out and get bigged with another one though. I better think that idea over some more.
LOL, that's some funny stuff. I can see you are already so attached that you will be begging them to stay, if they decide to go. LOL. Maybe you could fashion your neice a chastity belt. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81907 Jan 11, 2013
I am legend wrote:
<quoted text>you Allen county aristocrats eat like kings!
Man Oh man I'm hungry now.
The little feller, his strumpet mother and I had save-a-lot corned beef and veggie soup with diced tomatoes, and saltines on the side MMM MMMM.
Seriously it was good and we were thankful to have it.
Little do dad smacked those lips and ate like a little hog.
I think I'll make him some salmon cakes tomorrow and see how he takes to them. I bet he shovels them down like everything else. I have not found vittles he wont eat so far. I have never seen a youngin gulp down buttermilk before, he loves it.
With the price of buttermilk being what it is, I guess I'll have to take the cans off soon.
LOL, that sounds pretty good to me. It's rare for me to cook anything but breakfast. I usually eat whatever is convenient. I went to Save-A-Lot and got this stuff this afternoon. Breakfast really isn't any big deal, two eggs scrambled, Save-A-Lot frozen pancakes nuked with Morning Delight sugar free syrup 1/4 cup only 25 calories, best syrup I ever tryed. In the morning I'll nuke a couple of the left over Salmons for breakfast. The good Lord willing that is.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81908 Jan 12, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, that sounds pretty good to me. It's rare for me to cook anything but breakfast. I usually eat whatever is convenient. I went to Save-A-Lot and got this stuff this afternoon. Breakfast really isn't any big deal, two eggs scrambled, Save-A-Lot frozen pancakes nuked with Morning Delight sugar free syrup 1/4 cup only 25 calories, best syrup I ever tryed. In the morning I'll nuke a couple of the left over Salmons for breakfast. The good Lord willing that is.
Una, some left over salmon patties with scrambled eggs also goes well with some fried apples using nothing but some cinnamon and the Sav-A-Lot sugar-free syrup, some butter and water. The patties substitutes for bread or pancakes. Drat, I wish I had fixed the salmon patties now instead of trying to impress my friend with the lemon-pepper grilled tilapia on the George Foreman grill. LOL oh well, can't win em all. I snack a lot and generally only cook about twice a week and make enough to last 2 or 3 days.

I foresee a definite increase in Legend's cooking. It is good to see someone smack their lips and gulp down something one has prepared, even if it is a little tiger. I would not mind having a part-time tiger. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81909 Jan 12, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, that's some funny stuff. I can see you are already so attached that you will be begging them to stay, if they decide to go. LOL. Maybe you could fashion your neice a chastity belt. LOL.
Maybe fashion one like a guillotine. LOL
KENTUCKY _GUY

Broken Arrow, OK

#81910 Jan 12, 2013
new evidence of extinct volcano in Arkansas,venting off sulphur like fumes and smoke,source of information usgs

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81911 Jan 12, 2013
I am legend wrote:
<quoted text>UNA you would like my little grand nephew, he can cut some poots that'll clear the room of all life forms in a hurry. He walked by my cat and cut one, the cat got a whiff, shook his head and ran at the door so fast he bounced off of it. The little monster laughed and laughed.
She might, and you could end up like me, LOL. Full Time, 24/7. But I like it. Hubby just took the little guy to karate this morning, so I have the house to myself. I'll get real busy when he's due back home, so that he will think I've been slaving in this house.

Level 1

Location hidden

#81912 Jan 12, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Una, some left over salmon patties with scrambled eggs also goes well with some fried apples using nothing but some cinnamon and the Sav-A-Lot sugar-free syrup, some butter and water. The patties substitutes for bread or pancakes. Drat, I wish I had fixed the salmon patties now instead of trying to impress my friend with the lemon-pepper grilled tilapia on the George Foreman grill. LOL oh well, can't win em all. I snack a lot and generally only cook about twice a week and make enough to last 2 or 3 days.
I foresee a definite increase in Legend's cooking. It is good to see someone smack their lips and gulp down something one has prepared, even if it is a little tiger. I would not mind having a part-time tiger. LOL
You can always borrow my tiger for a little while, only a little while though. Bet you could teach him some good values. You really have captured the essence of life, that few people do.

Level 1

Location hidden

#81913 Jan 12, 2013
KENTUCKY _GUY wrote:
new evidence of extinct volcano in Arkansas,venting off sulphur like fumes and smoke,source of information usgs
Oh, oh, that's all we need now. I must have missed that one. I usually keep track of that stuff...not that we can do anything about it, except get out of the way, and hope the wind stays south of us.
W KY Girl

United States

#81914 Jan 12, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I would not mind having a part-time tiger. LOL
Good morning AW (and everybody). AW, I bet you could find a boy at your church who doesn't even have a man in his life-actually plenty of boys (and girls)! There are so many dead-beat dads, so many that were nothing but sperm doners. I have a couple nephews who have grown up without their dads in their lives and it is really heartbreaking. It would have meant the world to those boys if some man had of stepped up to the plate and just been a friend to them. They will worship the ground you walk on. You ought to think about it. I have wished a million times that men in the church would do that. No it's not your problem. Like a lot of men, you have already raised your own. But I know you would get more out of it than you could ever put into it.

Have a great day!:)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#81915 Jan 12, 2013
Going to be another wet and rainy day here. But, gosh it's warm. Having hot flashes in this weather is like standing in an oven that's on 350 with the door closed!
W KY Girl

United States

#81916 Jan 12, 2013
Boy this weather! I was hot last night so I slept like a wild woman and tore my bed apart, well the covers that is. It was way up in the 60's here yesterday. I hope the flowers/trees don't bloom out only to be froze.
W KY Girl

United States

#81917 Jan 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
She might, and you could end up like me, LOL. Full Time, 24/7. But I like it. Hubby just took the little guy to karate this morning, so I have the house to myself. I'll get real busy when he's due back home, so that he will think I've been slaving in this house.
LOL Go ahead and get the vacuum out and string it across the middle of the floor. Pour a little Pinesol in the toilet or a sink. He'll think you have been working so hard. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81918 Jan 12, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning AW (and everybody). AW, I bet you could find a boy at your church who doesn't even have a man in his life-actually plenty of boys (and girls)! There are so many dead-beat dads, so many that were nothing but sperm doners. I have a couple nephews who have grown up without their dads in their lives and it is really heartbreaking. It would have meant the world to those boys if some man had of stepped up to the plate and just been a friend to them. They will worship the ground you walk on. You ought to think about it. I have wished a million times that men in the church would do that. No it's not your problem. Like a lot of men, you have already raised your own. But I know you would get more out of it than you could ever put into it.
Have a great day!:)
That is one reason I go to Church. My nephew drives the bus and picks up kids all usually under 8 years old and we fill a 24 foot pew with them, he on one end and me on the other, mostly little girls. We like to watch the 2 little boys in front of us sitting with their mother and waving their arms and spreading their mouths to imitate their dad who is leading the song services. The little girls sometimes try to copy those 2 little boys. I am blessed even without listening to the preacher. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81919 Jan 12, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
You can always borrow my tiger for a little while, only a little while though. Bet you could teach him some good values. You really have captured the essence of life, that few people do.
What ever happened to the days when kids were content to ride along reading the silly 'Burma Shave" signs that dotted the 2 lane roads, or counted the number of barn roofs painted with "SEE ROCK CITY, ATOP LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN", or counted the number of cars that were some color other than black.

Or as you got a bit older, drive along and your girl lean over and give you a smooch for every "Spi-diddle" you encouter.. cars with only one headlight.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81920 Jan 12, 2013
I try to stay off the Interstates as much as possible even when going long distances. You can't hardly see "Americana" when speeding down the Interstate at 70 mph or more.

One of my best trips was about 10 years ago when I took U.S. 27 south all the way from Central Kentucky to Columbus Georgia.

Or took the "Lake Shore limited" from Union Station in downtown Chicago to Grand Central in New York. Riding along in the dining car with a cowboy from Texas listening to Merle Haggard, sitting with a black couple from Indianapolis where the guy was on his way to win the National "Bus Driver of the Year" award. Looking out the window seeing an Amish guy in Pennsylvania on the way to the barn with his milk pail at sunrise. The train ride was 17 hours of pure enjoyment, more so than a 2 hour flight sitting crowded next to a fat man with body odor. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min Jobs Lost 5,345
Hardin Co. mother pleads guilty after trying to... 13 hr PISSOFF 6
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 18 hr honeymylove 7,937
7th street and Hill (Dec '07) 19 hr E E V 124
Joey Zenos 20 hr curious 3
ann luckett dentist Sat just me 22
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) Sat Bill 26,279
•••
•••
•••