Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,440)

Showing posts 68,781 - 68,800 of81,217
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Naptime soon. The soft bed is calling to me, and as usual, Stein is already asleep. Will be back later.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Gotta go too.. Just doing a quite drive by today. Things to do around here, and I'm dog tired.

Later folks!!
W KY Girl

Kirkland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I put on weight too fast to have parasites nibbling at the food I eat. When I was sick, I lost so much weight...and kept losing, fearing that I would die from lack of nutrition. The little bit of food that I was able to eat was not enough to sustain me. I no longer have that problem. I regained the weight and got used to calorie dense food (when I needed it). Now I crave that food, and if I continue eating like I do now, I will have major weight problems. I have to nip it in the bud right now. No happy mediums. Now I am back to the perpetual dieting.
From what I have read intestinal worms can cause either weight loss or weight gain. In weight gain they eat up the nutritional part of what you ate then you keep on eating because you're hungry and pack on the calories and weight-something like that.
I know what you mean, I have to just not have certain things in the house!

Got to do some housework and go pay a couple bills. You all have a great day!:)...anybody want to do some dishes? My mom always said it is good for your hands, make them soft and smooth! LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Geez, told ya I'm tired. That should be "doing a QUICK drive by". Oh Lord..
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

I am on EST and have had my nap already. UP until about 1958, Country Folk never went to a doctor except for surgeries. I have to retract the statement that I never saw a doctor until age 20. I had forgotten that I had my tonsils removed at age 10. I am pretty sure that is the first time I ever had ice cream in the summer. We did have snow cream made with snow and vanilla extract and cream from the old cow.

County Health nurses used to come to the country schools for "shots day". I did not mind the shots, but I surely did not care for the odor. I recall the Health Nurse holding up a pocket watch and asking the kids if they could hear? Naturally, everyone said "yes" just because their friends did.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

@ Abeliever:
You asked me yesterday about the reality of gun confiscation and proof with a video or news artice.
I did not say gun confiscation is imminent, but that is the slippery slope down which we slide.

Please google gun confiscation after Katrina. Google victims of this loss of rights. Take a peek at the video of the poor, frail, elderly lady that was manhandled during this process. When martial law is enforced, we will all see what happens if the shtf. Lala

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Abeliever, I had trouble cutting and pasting the video, but you can find it on www.military.com .
See what happened to the elderly lady, Patty Konie. There are other examples on that video, plus numerous articles.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Ugh. My ears are stopped up. I can't stand when the weather goes from Winter to Spring. Can we get one Season and STAY there until my head is better. Blah
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Ugh. My ears are stopped up. I can't stand when the weather goes from Winter to Spring. Can we get one Season and STAY there until my head is better. Blah
Hi Roaming. I saw a commercial on tv about an ear vacumn. No matter what the problem, somebody will try to capitalize on it.

Everyone have a good night. I am off here to cook dinner ad watch a movie.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone have a good night. I am off here to cook dinner and watch a movie.
For UNA,that would be supper. But as for me, I don't care what you call it as long as I get to eat. LOL
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
@ Abeliever:
You asked me yesterday about the reality of gun confiscation and proof with a video or news artice.
I did not say gun confiscation is imminent, but that is the slippery slope down which we slide.
Please google gun confiscation after Katrina. Google victims of this loss of rights. Take a peek at the video of the poor, frail, elderly lady that was manhandled during this process. When martial law is enforced, we will all see what happens if the shtf. Lala
Meant to stress that Biden/Obama are taking guns from Americans. I didn't see or hear that in the controversary statements Biden was suppose to have made. My understanding was they favor going back to the 94 ban on assault weapons:

Ford, Carter, Reagan Push for Gun Ban
May 05, 1994
WASHINGTON Three former presidents endorsed legislation Wednesday to ban the future manufacture, sale and possession of combat-style assault weapons as a closely divided House neared a showdown today on the hotly controversial issue.
Gerald R. Ford, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan sent a letter to all House members expressing their support for the measure, effectively joining President Clinton in urging approval of the ban.
http://articles.latimes.com/1994-05-05/news/m...

Katrina was a dark moment in American history. Slow to send aid and although there was no "martial law", there were police from NO, Calif etc.. acting like thugs. Also, I don't consider a 58 year old as "elderly", 78 maybe. She stood her ground,(was there a mandatory evacuation?) Don't know all the circumstances. I found very little about her. They were totally out of line and I could not even find the results of her lawsuit.

I still do not believe it is all about disarming law abiding citizens. Here are my two previous comments and I am done. I may be wrong, but trying to take every citizens guns away is hard for me to buy. I still haven't a problem with them going back to the 94 assault weapon ban, strenghting accountability for those selling guns without background checks, assault magazines etc. Americans will never relinquish their guns. Not going to happen. Don't think they would be stupid enough to try. Who knows.

Lala, you are right about the politics,but they have been saying since 2007 that the President wants to disarm Americans. I don't see it. Please show me an article (not conspiracry theorist) or video that implicates he is wanting to violate the 2nd Ammendment. I have yet to see any truth to that. Did he just allow concealed weapons on federal parks land in the last few years? I only see them trying to strengthen the laws on the books already i.e background checks, restrictions on assault weapons and mental health issues. No one is taking Americans guns away from them. Just show me where that is implicated. BTW, I don't think those assault weapons should be in the hands of anyone besides soldiers and law enforcement. Are they really necessary for hunting? NO. JMO

Now I am done on the gun/politics, so you all have at it. That is just my opinion. No one is going to change their own I am sure. Too much paranoia for me.

I get where you are coming from, but I don't share the same worry that they are after all the guns. Sorry, JMO :)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

lala, dinner was great. Usually we eat in Louisville or Elizabethtown. I have family and friends around Fort Knox so we went to the one in Etown. The game was great the 1st half, then the Wildcats blew a 16 point lead and barely won the game. By 2 points. I hate Vanderbilt's floor with a passion and listening to Bobby Knight hurt my ears. hahaha

I was too tired when I got home late last night to look at a PC screen. lol

I think I am caught up now and laugh at some of the "home remedy tonics" and remember my Grandma talking about some of it. Yuk, glad I was a healthy child with Army doctors. Vicks was the only thing I can say I used. hahaha

I hope you all enjoyed our warm Springlike day. It felt like May out. Ground was saturated. Must of slept through all that rain last night. We need to get back to winter and get it over with or move on to global warming Spring at the beginning of the years or all our flowers, trees and plants are going to freak out. lol

It was beautiful. We could have this...love the music they use. haha

Drivers spin out in the snow

http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/...

There is no way I would even leave my house in that crap.:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

For Una, a followup on that case I posted you awhile back...too funny. This is a prime example of a waste of time, energy, money, etc..in the federal government civil service. Higher management...hahaha

Flatulent federal worker's reprimand is rescinded

It sounds like a "Dilbert" cartoon come to life, but the Social Security Administration has taken back a reprimand it gave to an employee who was written up for "passing gas and releasing an unpleasant odor" that created a "hostile work environment."

The official charge was "Conduct unbecoming a Federal employee." More specifically, "On September 7, 2012, and continuing, you disrupted the work floor by passing gas and releasing an unpleasant odor."

The average person passes gas 14 times per day.

To read entire article and the reprimand click here:

http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/01/11/164...

hahaha I know this will give you a laugh.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

One I think Ancient Wolf would enjoy. They are so cute:

Cute BIRD story:

106 baby chicks get lost in the mail, visit the nation's capital

http://animaltracks.today.com/_news/2013/01/1...

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Looks like we have some wizeazzes on this thread. How are you doing otherwise?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
For Una, a followup on that case I posted you awhile back...too funny. This is a prime example of a waste of time, energy, money, etc..in the federal government civil service. Higher management...hahaha
Flatulent federal worker's reprimand is rescinded
It sounds like a "Dilbert" cartoon come to life, but the Social Security Administration has taken back a reprimand it gave to an employee who was written up for "passing gas and releasing an unpleasant odor" that created a "hostile work environment."
The official charge was "Conduct unbecoming a Federal employee." More specifically, "On September 7, 2012, and continuing, you disrupted the work floor by passing gas and releasing an unpleasant odor."
The average person passes gas 14 times per day.
To read entire article and the reprimand click here:
http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/01/11/164...
hahaha I know this will give you a laugh.
That is hilarious. It's in a place like that, where the family dog would come in handy to blame it on. LOL.

AB, I don't know if it's still there or not, the Ryans on Dixie Hwy, in Louisville. My then wife and I went to visit her sister in Louisville, she took us there to eat. As we were leaving the restaurant my sister in law ran into one of her friends and started talking. We went on out and sat down on a brick ledge around a big flower garden. Two couples were seated on the opposite side with their backs toward us. I cut a very loud one, that echoed down Dixie Hwy. and ducked down behind the brick ledge and my wife was sitting there alone. One of those girls turned around and said, oooh that was gross. My wife was kicking me and saying, it wasn't me and screaming for me to get up. I was duck walking between cars and they never saw me. I laughed until I nearly cried. I know they thought she was a raving lunatic.

My ex was really PO'd, she was cussing me. I waited by my sister in laws car. When she came out, she asked my ex what she was so mad about. Then my sister in law started laughing, she was a farter too. LOL. My ex told me to get my nasty arse in the back seat. Ever now and then my sister in law would look in the rear view mirror at me and grin, the laughing was on again. LOL.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Meant to stress that Biden/Obama are taking guns from Americans. I didn't see or hear that in the controversary statements Biden was suppose to have made. My understanding was they favor going back to the 94 ban on assault weapons:
Ford, Carter, Reagan Push for Gun Ban
May 05, 1994
WASHINGTON Three former presidents endorsed legislation Wednesday to ban the future manufacture, sale and possession of combat-style assault weapons as a closely divided House neared a showdown today on the hotly controversial issue.
Gerald R. Ford, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan sent a letter to all House members expressing their support for the measure, effectively joining President Clinton in urging approval of the ban.
http://articles.latimes.com/1994-05-05/news/m...
Katrina was a dark moment in American history. Slow to send aid and although there was no "martial law", there were police from NO, Calif etc.. acting like thugs. Also, I don't consider a 58 year old as "elderly", 78 maybe. She stood her ground,(was there a mandatory evacuation?) Don't know all the circumstances. I found very little about her. They were totally out of line and I could not even find the results of her lawsuit.
I still do not believe it is all about disarming law abiding citizens. Here are my two previous comments and I am done. I may be wrong, but trying to take every citizens guns away is hard for me to buy. I still haven't a problem with them going back to the 94 assault weapon ban, strenghting accountability for those selling guns without background checks, assault magazines etc. Americans will never relinquish their guns. Not going to happen. Don't think they would be stupid enough to try. Who knows.
Lala, you are right about the politics,but they have been saying since 2007 that the President wants to disarm Americans. I don't see it. Please show me an article (not conspiracry theorist) or video that implicates he is wanting to violate the 2nd Ammendment. I have yet to see any truth to that. Did he just allow concealed weapons on federal parks land in the last few years? I only see them trying to strengthen the laws on the books already i.e background checks, restrictions on assault weapons and mental health issues. No one is taking Americans guns away from them. Just show me where that is implicated. BTW, I don't think those assault weapons should be in the hands of anyone besides soldiers and law enforcement. Are they really necessary for hunting? NO. JMO
Now I am done on the gun/politics, so you all have at it. That is just my opinion. No one is going to change their own I am sure. Too much paranoia for me.
I get where you are coming from, but I don't share the same worry that they are after all the guns. Sorry, JMO :)
58!!! You mean that woman was 58??? WOW!! I don't feel so bad about how I look now. Geesh, that woman looke about 75 years old plus!!

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am on EST and have had my nap already. UP until about 1958, Country Folk never went to a doctor except for surgeries. I have to retract the statement that I never saw a doctor until age 20. I had forgotten that I had my tonsils removed at age 10. I am pretty sure that is the first time I ever had ice cream in the summer. We did have snow cream made with snow and vanilla extract and cream from the old cow.
County Health nurses used to come to the country schools for "shots day". I did not mind the shots, but I surely did not care for the odor. I recall the Health Nurse holding up a pocket watch and asking the kids if they could hear? Naturally, everyone said "yes" just because their friends did.
I remember those days, too. We got shots at school and drank a little cup full of stuff which was polio vaccine. I'm a little younger than you so we were "high tech" for hearing testing. We had a old fashioned audiometer that smelled like damp rubber combined with burned wires. Out of this magical machine came cords attached to about 10 head sets. We sat in a circle and raised our hands when we heard a sound. I can't believe the old memories that were long-forgotten coming to the surface when I read these posts.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Huh?
I think that some weird people just invaded us. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

AB, I was just wondering if that big flower bed is still there? They might turn it into a historical landmark. You might want to pay it a visit it the next time you visit Louisville. LOL. I can just see the sign: The Great Una Farter, farted here. No chipping souvineirs from the bricks, please. Hehehehe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,781 - 68,800 of81,217
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Louisville business owner accused of illegally ... 5 hr Dalmation 4
maddie yates 5 hr curious 4
Man accused of hit-and-run arraigned; pleads no... 7 hr Bobert 2
Which Louisville gangsta thugs are the biggest ... 9 hr Auntie Phascist 1
Parents of Dylan Geitgey speak to WAVE 3 (Jul '10) 13 hr sarcastic1 13
75% White Male LMPD + 75% White Female JCPS = 5... 14 hr Auntie Phascist 6
Robbie Ashcraft 16 hr Cheater 2
•••
•••