Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
68,781 - 68,800 of 81,598 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81881 Jan 11, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Ugh. My ears are stopped up. I can't stand when the weather goes from Winter to Spring. Can we get one Season and STAY there until my head is better. Blah
Hi Roaming. I saw a commercial on tv about an ear vacumn. No matter what the problem, somebody will try to capitalize on it.

Everyone have a good night. I am off here to cook dinner ad watch a movie.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81882 Jan 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone have a good night. I am off here to cook dinner and watch a movie.
For UNA,that would be supper. But as for me, I don't care what you call it as long as I get to eat. LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81883 Jan 11, 2013
Oglala wrote:
@ Abeliever:
You asked me yesterday about the reality of gun confiscation and proof with a video or news artice.
I did not say gun confiscation is imminent, but that is the slippery slope down which we slide.
Please google gun confiscation after Katrina. Google victims of this loss of rights. Take a peek at the video of the poor, frail, elderly lady that was manhandled during this process. When martial law is enforced, we will all see what happens if the shtf. Lala
Meant to stress that Biden/Obama are taking guns from Americans. I didn't see or hear that in the controversary statements Biden was suppose to have made. My understanding was they favor going back to the 94 ban on assault weapons:

Ford, Carter, Reagan Push for Gun Ban
May 05, 1994
WASHINGTON Three former presidents endorsed legislation Wednesday to ban the future manufacture, sale and possession of combat-style assault weapons as a closely divided House neared a showdown today on the hotly controversial issue.
Gerald R. Ford, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan sent a letter to all House members expressing their support for the measure, effectively joining President Clinton in urging approval of the ban.
http://articles.latimes.com/1994-05-05/news/m...

Katrina was a dark moment in American history. Slow to send aid and although there was no "martial law", there were police from NO, Calif etc.. acting like thugs. Also, I don't consider a 58 year old as "elderly", 78 maybe. She stood her ground,(was there a mandatory evacuation?) Don't know all the circumstances. I found very little about her. They were totally out of line and I could not even find the results of her lawsuit.

I still do not believe it is all about disarming law abiding citizens. Here are my two previous comments and I am done. I may be wrong, but trying to take every citizens guns away is hard for me to buy. I still haven't a problem with them going back to the 94 assault weapon ban, strenghting accountability for those selling guns without background checks, assault magazines etc. Americans will never relinquish their guns. Not going to happen. Don't think they would be stupid enough to try. Who knows.

Lala, you are right about the politics,but they have been saying since 2007 that the President wants to disarm Americans. I don't see it. Please show me an article (not conspiracry theorist) or video that implicates he is wanting to violate the 2nd Ammendment. I have yet to see any truth to that. Did he just allow concealed weapons on federal parks land in the last few years? I only see them trying to strengthen the laws on the books already i.e background checks, restrictions on assault weapons and mental health issues. No one is taking Americans guns away from them. Just show me where that is implicated. BTW, I don't think those assault weapons should be in the hands of anyone besides soldiers and law enforcement. Are they really necessary for hunting? NO. JMO

Now I am done on the gun/politics, so you all have at it. That is just my opinion. No one is going to change their own I am sure. Too much paranoia for me.

I get where you are coming from, but I don't share the same worry that they are after all the guns. Sorry, JMO :)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81884 Jan 11, 2013
lala, dinner was great. Usually we eat in Louisville or Elizabethtown. I have family and friends around Fort Knox so we went to the one in Etown. The game was great the 1st half, then the Wildcats blew a 16 point lead and barely won the game. By 2 points. I hate Vanderbilt's floor with a passion and listening to Bobby Knight hurt my ears. hahaha

I was too tired when I got home late last night to look at a PC screen. lol

I think I am caught up now and laugh at some of the "home remedy tonics" and remember my Grandma talking about some of it. Yuk, glad I was a healthy child with Army doctors. Vicks was the only thing I can say I used. hahaha

I hope you all enjoyed our warm Springlike day. It felt like May out. Ground was saturated. Must of slept through all that rain last night. We need to get back to winter and get it over with or move on to global warming Spring at the beginning of the years or all our flowers, trees and plants are going to freak out. lol

It was beautiful. We could have this...love the music they use. haha

Drivers spin out in the snow

http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/...

There is no way I would even leave my house in that crap.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81885 Jan 11, 2013
For Una, a followup on that case I posted you awhile back...too funny. This is a prime example of a waste of time, energy, money, etc..in the federal government civil service. Higher management...hahaha

Flatulent federal worker's reprimand is rescinded

It sounds like a "Dilbert" cartoon come to life, but the Social Security Administration has taken back a reprimand it gave to an employee who was written up for "passing gas and releasing an unpleasant odor" that created a "hostile work environment."

The official charge was "Conduct unbecoming a Federal employee." More specifically, "On September 7, 2012, and continuing, you disrupted the work floor by passing gas and releasing an unpleasant odor."

The average person passes gas 14 times per day.

To read entire article and the reprimand click here:

http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/01/11/164...

hahaha I know this will give you a laugh.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81886 Jan 11, 2013
One I think Ancient Wolf would enjoy. They are so cute:

Cute BIRD story:

106 baby chicks get lost in the mail, visit the nation's capital

http://animaltracks.today.com/_news/2013/01/1...

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81887 Jan 11, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Ugh. My ears are stopped up. I can't stand when the weather goes from Winter to Spring. Can we get one Season and STAY there until my head is better. Blah
Looks like we have some wizeazzes on this thread. How are you doing otherwise?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#81888 Jan 11, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
For Una, a followup on that case I posted you awhile back...too funny. This is a prime example of a waste of time, energy, money, etc..in the federal government civil service. Higher management...hahaha
Flatulent federal worker's reprimand is rescinded
It sounds like a "Dilbert" cartoon come to life, but the Social Security Administration has taken back a reprimand it gave to an employee who was written up for "passing gas and releasing an unpleasant odor" that created a "hostile work environment."
The official charge was "Conduct unbecoming a Federal employee." More specifically, "On September 7, 2012, and continuing, you disrupted the work floor by passing gas and releasing an unpleasant odor."
The average person passes gas 14 times per day.
To read entire article and the reprimand click here:
http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/01/11/164...
hahaha I know this will give you a laugh.
That is hilarious. It's in a place like that, where the family dog would come in handy to blame it on. LOL.

AB, I don't know if it's still there or not, the Ryans on Dixie Hwy, in Louisville. My then wife and I went to visit her sister in Louisville, she took us there to eat. As we were leaving the restaurant my sister in law ran into one of her friends and started talking. We went on out and sat down on a brick ledge around a big flower garden. Two couples were seated on the opposite side with their backs toward us. I cut a very loud one, that echoed down Dixie Hwy. and ducked down behind the brick ledge and my wife was sitting there alone. One of those girls turned around and said, oooh that was gross. My wife was kicking me and saying, it wasn't me and screaming for me to get up. I was duck walking between cars and they never saw me. I laughed until I nearly cried. I know they thought she was a raving lunatic.

My ex was really PO'd, she was cussing me. I waited by my sister in laws car. When she came out, she asked my ex what she was so mad about. Then my sister in law started laughing, she was a farter too. LOL. My ex told me to get my nasty arse in the back seat. Ever now and then my sister in law would look in the rear view mirror at me and grin, the laughing was on again. LOL.

Level 1

Location hidden

#81889 Jan 11, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Meant to stress that Biden/Obama are taking guns from Americans. I didn't see or hear that in the controversary statements Biden was suppose to have made. My understanding was they favor going back to the 94 ban on assault weapons:
Ford, Carter, Reagan Push for Gun Ban
May 05, 1994
WASHINGTON Three former presidents endorsed legislation Wednesday to ban the future manufacture, sale and possession of combat-style assault weapons as a closely divided House neared a showdown today on the hotly controversial issue.
Gerald R. Ford, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan sent a letter to all House members expressing their support for the measure, effectively joining President Clinton in urging approval of the ban.
http://articles.latimes.com/1994-05-05/news/m...
Katrina was a dark moment in American history. Slow to send aid and although there was no "martial law", there were police from NO, Calif etc.. acting like thugs. Also, I don't consider a 58 year old as "elderly", 78 maybe. She stood her ground,(was there a mandatory evacuation?) Don't know all the circumstances. I found very little about her. They were totally out of line and I could not even find the results of her lawsuit.
I still do not believe it is all about disarming law abiding citizens. Here are my two previous comments and I am done. I may be wrong, but trying to take every citizens guns away is hard for me to buy. I still haven't a problem with them going back to the 94 assault weapon ban, strenghting accountability for those selling guns without background checks, assault magazines etc. Americans will never relinquish their guns. Not going to happen. Don't think they would be stupid enough to try. Who knows.
Lala, you are right about the politics,but they have been saying since 2007 that the President wants to disarm Americans. I don't see it. Please show me an article (not conspiracry theorist) or video that implicates he is wanting to violate the 2nd Ammendment. I have yet to see any truth to that. Did he just allow concealed weapons on federal parks land in the last few years? I only see them trying to strengthen the laws on the books already i.e background checks, restrictions on assault weapons and mental health issues. No one is taking Americans guns away from them. Just show me where that is implicated. BTW, I don't think those assault weapons should be in the hands of anyone besides soldiers and law enforcement. Are they really necessary for hunting? NO. JMO
Now I am done on the gun/politics, so you all have at it. That is just my opinion. No one is going to change their own I am sure. Too much paranoia for me.
I get where you are coming from, but I don't share the same worry that they are after all the guns. Sorry, JMO :)
58!!! You mean that woman was 58??? WOW!! I don't feel so bad about how I look now. Geesh, that woman looke about 75 years old plus!!

Level 1

Location hidden

#81890 Jan 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am on EST and have had my nap already. UP until about 1958, Country Folk never went to a doctor except for surgeries. I have to retract the statement that I never saw a doctor until age 20. I had forgotten that I had my tonsils removed at age 10. I am pretty sure that is the first time I ever had ice cream in the summer. We did have snow cream made with snow and vanilla extract and cream from the old cow.
County Health nurses used to come to the country schools for "shots day". I did not mind the shots, but I surely did not care for the odor. I recall the Health Nurse holding up a pocket watch and asking the kids if they could hear? Naturally, everyone said "yes" just because their friends did.
I remember those days, too. We got shots at school and drank a little cup full of stuff which was polio vaccine. I'm a little younger than you so we were "high tech" for hearing testing. We had a old fashioned audiometer that smelled like damp rubber combined with burned wires. Out of this magical machine came cords attached to about 10 head sets. We sat in a circle and raised our hands when we heard a sound. I can't believe the old memories that were long-forgotten coming to the surface when I read these posts.

Level 1

Location hidden

#81891 Jan 11, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Huh?
I think that some weird people just invaded us. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81892 Jan 11, 2013
AB, I was just wondering if that big flower bed is still there? They might turn it into a historical landmark. You might want to pay it a visit it the next time you visit Louisville. LOL. I can just see the sign: The Great Una Farter, farted here. No chipping souvineirs from the bricks, please. Hehehehe.

Level 1

Location hidden

#81893 Jan 11, 2013
Roaming, I am not fully awake. I was not referring to you as a wizeass, but the poet in previous posts that made no sense at all.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81894 Jan 11, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember those days, too. We got shots at school and drank a little cup full of stuff which was polio vaccine. I'm a little younger than you so we were "high tech" for hearing testing. We had a old fashioned audiometer that smelled like damp rubber combined with burned wires. Out of this magical machine came cords attached to about 10 head sets. We sat in a circle and raised our hands when we heard a sound. I can't believe the old memories that were long-forgotten coming to the surface when I read these posts.
We didn't have hearing tests at school, Uglylala. The teacher just thought you wasn't listening and slapped the stuffings out of you. LOL. I always liked the hearing tests Rev. Ernest Angely gave after his so called deaf healings, say babyeee. LOL. A lame man, walked off and forgot his crutches one day, Earnest told him to get them. Apparently the producers forgot to edit that part. LOL.

Level 1

Location hidden

#81895 Jan 11, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
That is hilarious. It's in a place like that, where the family dog would come in handy to blame it on. LOL.
AB, I don't know if it's still there or not, the Ryans on Dixie Hwy, in Louisville. My then wife and I went to visit her sister in Louisville, she took us there to eat. As we were leaving the restaurant my sister in law ran into one of her friends and started talking. We went on out and sat down on a brick ledge around a big flower garden. Two couples were seated on the opposite side with their backs toward us. I cut a very loud one, that echoed down Dixie Hwy. and ducked down behind the brick ledge and my wife was sitting there alone. One of those girls turned around and said, oooh that was gross. My wife was kicking me and saying, it wasn't me and screaming for me to get up. I was duck walking between cars and they never saw me. I laughed until I nearly cried. I know they thought she was a raving lunatic.
My ex was really PO'd, she was cussing me. I waited by my sister in laws car. When she came out, she asked my ex what she was so mad about. Then my sister in law started laughing, she was a farter too. LOL. My ex told me to get my nasty arse in the back seat. Ever now and then my sister in law would look in the rear view mirror at me and grin, the laughing was on again. LOL.
I can recall taking a leisurely walk along a beach with hubby. I was about a mile from the beach restroom when the first cramps hit. Hubby and I turned back and I hobbled to the restroom without an accident. While relieving myself in the restroom, a little girl and her mom walked in. The little girl kept saying, "It stinks here. I don't like it here,"etc. Well, I waited until both mother and daughter were in a stall so they could not see the perpetrator of the noxious odor. I came out and sat beside hubby on a brick wall in case I had to use the restroom again. Out comes the little girl with her mom, and she was still complaining about the horrible odor. Hubby looked up, pointed at me, and said, "She did it." I could have killed him. I was bent over laughing and hitting hubby at the same time. Oh, the memories... I've been on this thread too long, and I'm starting to think like Una.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81896 Jan 11, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you would get a kick out of that true workplace reprimand. Crazy huh? Like you. haha If I had been your wife, I probably would have left you there. lol

That Ryan's is still there. Never been there. I have to the one in Elizabethtown off the interstate. It use to be good and worth the money, but a few years ago we did a family meet up after my nephew's graduation and it was nasty. The only thing that was really good was the soft ice cream and there was enough of everything on our 3 tables pushed together. Don't know if they changed management or what. What a waste. Never went back. Don't do buffets much.

Hope you enjoyed the nice day. I did. Slept in with the window up, cool air this morning, fresh smell from the rain, and I swear I heard a flock of geese.

Level 1

Location hidden

#81897 Jan 11, 2013
Hi, Abeliever. Glad I caught you. This warm weather is very odd, but we'll probably pay for it later. Buds will be coming on on trees only to be frozen later.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81898 Jan 11, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
58!!! You mean that woman was 58??? WOW!! I don't feel so bad about how I look now. Geesh, that woman looke about 75 years old plus!!
Yeah, 58 years old. I read one where they said she was elderly.lol
She did look like she was in her 70's. Crazy stories about the National Guard and out of state law enforcement. Federal Judge made them halt the gun confiscation and return the ones they took.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81899 Jan 11, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I can recall taking a leisurely walk along a beach with hubby. I was about a mile from the beach restroom when the first cramps hit. Hubby and I turned back and I hobbled to the restroom without an accident. While relieving myself in the restroom, a little girl and her mom walked in. The little girl kept saying, "It stinks here. I don't like it here,"etc. Well, I waited until both mother and daughter were in a stall so they could not see the perpetrator of the noxious odor. I came out and sat beside hubby on a brick wall in case I had to use the restroom again. Out comes the little girl with her mom, and she was still complaining about the horrible odor. Hubby looked up, pointed at me, and said, "She did it." I could have killed him. I was bent over laughing and hitting hubby at the same time. Oh, the memories... I've been on this thread too long, and I'm starting to think like Una.
I just can't help it lala, peoples reactions to cutting one is hilarious. That was funny what your husband pulled on you. Lol.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81900 Jan 11, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you would get a kick out of that true workplace reprimand. Crazy huh? Like you. haha If I had been your wife, I probably would have left you there. lol
That Ryan's is still there. Never been there. I have to the one in Elizabethtown off the interstate. It use to be good and worth the money, but a few years ago we did a family meet up after my nephew's graduation and it was nasty. The only thing that was really good was the soft ice cream and there was enough of everything on our 3 tables pushed together. Don't know if they changed management or what. What a waste. Never went back. Don't do buffets much.
Hope you enjoyed the nice day. I did. Slept in with the window up, cool air this morning, fresh smell from the rain, and I swear I heard a flock of geese.
I loved that story AB. I'm with you on Ryans. They built one in Bowling Green, it was ok for a while, but as you say it got nasty. Lol. I had a very fat short boss that loved that place and wanted to go there anytime we were within 20 miles of it. One day he ate 5 whole fried catfish, 2 plates rounded up with vegetables and other meats, several different deserts and left with a pocket full of cookies wrapped in a napkin. I'm not kidding. LOL. His wife was as big as he was. He would have me stop at Papa John's Pizza he would buy 2 large pizzas for himself, wife and son. I walked into the office one day, his wife brought their lunch and they ate together. They had already eaten the main course and were working on their own bags(one bag for each)of the largest bags of Cheeto's made. Ol' Chester Cheeto looked 3ft tall on the bag. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min gary 1,464
CNN reporter discloses Officer Darren Wilson's ... 11 min Disgusted 3
Slumlord of Lou,Ky (Jun '09) 3 hr Samantha Ramsey 43
17-Year Old Girl Molested by KY State Trooper 3 hr Samanthan Ramsey 16
At least 1 person shot on South 37th Street in ... 7 hr frankie 6
The Kingdom Center 8 hr disgusted 1
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 8 hr honeymylove 7,937
•••
•••
Louisville Dating