Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
68,761 - 68,780 of 81,597 Comments Last updated 17 min ago
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81857 Jan 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Crown Royal and Raz-ma-taz (Cinnamon Schnapps) and blended ice. Usually served in a shot glass.
Oh I forgot the cranberry juice. Been a long time since I indulged or bartended.
W KY Girl

United States

#81858 Jan 11, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, my!! I thought everyone was kidding with the worm stories. You guys really got worms??? Where from??? Never heard that stuff before. Where I grew up, there was only the occasional kid that got pin worms, and the moms knew because the kid itched in a certain place. Pin worms came out only at night, so moms would tape over a certain place and then examine the removed tape. But there were never worms in poop that you could see with the naked eye. OOOOOOhhhhh. I'm getting the creepy crawlies.
I bet we all have worms! LOL There are some who have new natural health remedies that are advertised. There is one woman...can't think of her name, she was on tv a lot talking about it. That was just a couple years ago when I saw her. Let me look it up...

Good morning everybody!:)

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81859 Jan 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Country folk quite often got intestinal parasites or worms mainly from untreated drinking water and were more prevalent in children. Pin worms are visible in bowel movements and generally only came out at night when the child is less active, but that is/was not always the case. The tape on the hiney was simply a removal, but not a cure.
For more info you may Google pin worms or tape worms. There was a little purple pill with an extremely bad taste similar to the "Walko" tablets they added to the chicken water. But those cost money and home remedies of turpentine, kerosene (coal oil), moonshine, and whiskey were used and added to sugar or sorghum molasses to make it more tasty. No kidding.
I learn something every day. It's no wonder that the children didn't get sick from the "cure." The tape on the hiney was only a diagnostic method used by moms before stool specimens were sent to the doctor for analysis. After the pin worms were discovered, there was a medicine that the children took (certainly not shine or white lightenin) as we called it back in the day.
W KY Girl

United States

#81860 Jan 11, 2013
Haven't found the woman yet but found this... lol
http://m.clearlifenet.com/clearstart.html
Do You Suffer from any of these Embarrassing Symptoms?
- Bad breath - Chronic Fatigue and Tiredness - Bad stool odor - Flatulence and gas - Any degree of constipation - Irritability and mood swings - Desire to eat often / more frequently - A protruding stomach or belly - Either weight loss or gain - Bad Skin - Grinding your teeth at nights - Allergies, hives or rashes - Reddened eyes - Sleep disturbances

Level 1

Location hidden

#81861 Jan 11, 2013
Don't hear much about moonshine these days. There was a girl I went to school with, whose father had a still. The feds were tipped off and several black sedans with stereotyped "government guys" surrounded the house and smashed the still. That poor girl never lived that one down, and she was such a sweet young lady.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#81862 Jan 11, 2013
LOL! WKG, that sounds like an advertisement for the "ORIGINAL" little blue pill. AKA, Valium. Back in the early 1950's Valium, hehe!!

Good one!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81863 Jan 11, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I learn something every day. It's no wonder that the children didn't get sick from the "cure." The tape on the hiney was only a diagnostic method used by moms before stool specimens were sent to the doctor for analysis. After the pin worms were discovered, there was a medicine that the children took (certainly not shine or white lightenin) as we called it back in the day.
Except for the last 2 of 6 children, we were all born at home and I never even saw a doctor until I went into the military at age 20 so the home remedies must have worked. LOL

The sun came out and Dog and I just got back from a 1 1/2 mile hike, now time for our nap. Good day.
W KY Girl

United States

#81864 Jan 11, 2013
I give up trying to find that woman, too much info on internal parasites. But I did find something that you fellow dog lovers are not going to like! lol You can get intestinal parasites from your pets...
http://www.cesarsway.com/Heartgard/Intestinal...
W KY Girl

United States

#81865 Jan 11, 2013
... 2.9 earthquake felt in Southern Illinois last night. Was felt south of Marion, IL which is not real far from KY. New Madrid rumbling I guess.

Level 1

Location hidden

#81866 Jan 11, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet we all have worms! LOL There are some who have new natural health remedies that are advertised. There is one woman...can't think of her name, she was on tv a lot talking about it. That was just a couple years ago when I saw her. Let me look it up...
Good morning everybody!:)
I put on weight too fast to have parasites nibbling at the food I eat. When I was sick, I lost so much weight...and kept losing, fearing that I would die from lack of nutrition. The little bit of food that I was able to eat was not enough to sustain me. I no longer have that problem. I regained the weight and got used to calorie dense food (when I needed it). Now I crave that food, and if I continue eating like I do now, I will have major weight problems. I have to nip it in the bud right now. No happy mediums. Now I am back to the perpetual dieting.
W KY Girl

United States

#81867 Jan 11, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Don't hear much about moonshine these days. There was a girl I went to school with, whose father had a still. The feds were tipped off and several black sedans with stereotyped "government guys" surrounded the house and smashed the still. That poor girl never lived that one down, and she was such a sweet young lady.
I knew a lady that did 10 years for cooking mash. She was a sweet lady.
W KY Girl

United States

#81868 Jan 11, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
LOL! WKG, that sounds like an advertisement for the "ORIGINAL" little blue pill. AKA, Valium. Back in the early 1950's Valium, hehe!!
Good one!!
LOL Maybe there is a connection between having worms and being a little crazy? lol

Level 1

Location hidden

#81869 Jan 11, 2013
Naptime soon. The soft bed is calling to me, and as usual, Stein is already asleep. Will be back later.

#81870 Jan 11, 2013
Gotta go too.. Just doing a quite drive by today. Things to do around here, and I'm dog tired.

Later folks!!
W KY Girl

United States

#81871 Jan 11, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I put on weight too fast to have parasites nibbling at the food I eat. When I was sick, I lost so much weight...and kept losing, fearing that I would die from lack of nutrition. The little bit of food that I was able to eat was not enough to sustain me. I no longer have that problem. I regained the weight and got used to calorie dense food (when I needed it). Now I crave that food, and if I continue eating like I do now, I will have major weight problems. I have to nip it in the bud right now. No happy mediums. Now I am back to the perpetual dieting.
From what I have read intestinal worms can cause either weight loss or weight gain. In weight gain they eat up the nutritional part of what you ate then you keep on eating because you're hungry and pack on the calories and weight-something like that.
I know what you mean, I have to just not have certain things in the house!

Got to do some housework and go pay a couple bills. You all have a great day!:)...anybody want to do some dishes? My mom always said it is good for your hands, make them soft and smooth! LOL

#81872 Jan 11, 2013
Geez, told ya I'm tired. That should be "doing a QUICK drive by". Oh Lord..
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81873 Jan 11, 2013
I am on EST and have had my nap already. UP until about 1958, Country Folk never went to a doctor except for surgeries. I have to retract the statement that I never saw a doctor until age 20. I had forgotten that I had my tonsils removed at age 10. I am pretty sure that is the first time I ever had ice cream in the summer. We did have snow cream made with snow and vanilla extract and cream from the old cow.

County Health nurses used to come to the country schools for "shots day". I did not mind the shots, but I surely did not care for the odor. I recall the Health Nurse holding up a pocket watch and asking the kids if they could hear? Naturally, everyone said "yes" just because their friends did.

Level 1

Location hidden

#81874 Jan 11, 2013
@ Abeliever:
You asked me yesterday about the reality of gun confiscation and proof with a video or news artice.
I did not say gun confiscation is imminent, but that is the slippery slope down which we slide.

Please google gun confiscation after Katrina. Google victims of this loss of rights. Take a peek at the video of the poor, frail, elderly lady that was manhandled during this process. When martial law is enforced, we will all see what happens if the shtf. Lala

Level 1

Location hidden

#81875 Jan 11, 2013
Abeliever, I had trouble cutting and pasting the video, but you can find it on www.military.com .
See what happened to the elderly lady, Patty Konie. There are other examples on that video, plus numerous articles.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#81878 Jan 11, 2013
Ugh. My ears are stopped up. I can't stand when the weather goes from Winter to Spring. Can we get one Season and STAY there until my head is better. Blah

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 16 min brer rabbitt 1,445
At least 1 person shot on South 37th Street in ... 1 hr frankie 6
The Kingdom Center 2 hr disgusted 1
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 3 hr honeymylove 7,937
17-Year Old Girl Molested by KY State Trooper 4 hr ur wrong 15
Cindy Cummings (Jun '12) 5 hr confused_once again 54
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 hr Advertisment 26,226
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Louisville News, Events & Info