Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,433)

Showing posts 68,641 - 68,660 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Dog said he did not have a woman in that fight LOL
HAHAHA!
Catching my breath...
HAHAHA!!!!!!

Good one, AW. Thanks!

I'm heading to bed now with a grin plastered on my own face. I'll have my own dogs wagging their tails behind me, ready to hog the whole bed.
I know where my corner of the mattress is, you can believe it.. They've trained me real well.

Goodnight everyone and God bless!
W KY Girl

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Hi everybody. You might want to check out the "gun control" interviews that the arrogant Britt, Piers Morgan has been doing lately.(There is a petition to deport Morgan over his gun control views.) Here is a couple of the interviews:

Piers Morgan/Larry Pratt- http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Piers Morgan/Larry Jones- http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Piers Morgan/Boston(former marine)- http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Just saying

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Well that's crazy !
W KY Girl

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Alex Jones was detained at the airport by TSA agents and threatened with arrest by police: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

***After interview with Piers Morgan, Alex Jones and crew were stalked around New York by what he referred to as Bloomberg Mafia agents: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
W KY Girl

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
Hi everybody. You might want to check out the "gun control" interviews that the arrogant Britt, Piers Morgan has been doing lately.(There is a petition to deport Morgan over his gun control views.) Here is a couple of the interviews:
Piers Morgan/Larry Pratt- http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Piers Morgan/Larry Jones- http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Piers Morgan/Boston(former marine)- http://www.youtube.com/watch...
...that is ALEX Jones
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Conversation from my latest dream that just now woke me, seems similar to this thread:

what ya buildin ?
bed slats
thought ya had a bed?
I do
where ya puttin the new bed?
right here.
outside?
uh huh
ya gonna sleep out here?
naw, too many skeeters
why ya buildin it then?
I dunno, seemed like tha thing to do
don't you think it will get wet when in the rain?
I never thought about that.

Time to wake up and have some coffee. Brain showed up in some KFC chicken batter.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

If you look at the pictures in the thread side advertisements for local dating, it is fairly easy to see why some people need to advertise. LOL

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, AW, and others when they finally wake up. Just got the little guy off to school. Interesting dream, AW. Mine are strange as well, but I've never built bed slats. Going to have lots of rain the next few days. The fellow who owns empty land across the street from me is putting in lots of drainage tiles. I have a feeling that his water is going to find its way into my spot. I may need your boat-building advice or I'm liable to float away.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

@ AW: You say that your brain showed up in KFC chicken batter???Well, mine left and hasn't been seen since. LOL
W KY Girl

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Conversation from my latest dream that just now woke me, seems similar to this thread:
what ya buildin ?
bed slats
thought ya had a bed?
I do
where ya puttin the new bed?
right here.
outside?
uh huh
ya gonna sleep out here?
naw, too many skeeters
why ya buildin it then?
I dunno, seemed like tha thing to do
don't you think it will get wet when in the rain?
I never thought about that.
Time to wake up and have some coffee. Brain showed up in some KFC chicken batter.
AW did you eat some real spicy pizza before you went to bed? Spicy pizza use to give me some wild dreams. lol I hope you got that ex-daughter-in-law straightened out! lol
W KY Girl

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Good morning, AW, and others when they finally wake up. Just got the little guy off to school. Interesting dream, AW. Mine are strange as well, but I've never built bed slats. Going to have lots of rain the next few days. The fellow who owns empty land across the street from me is putting in lots of drainage tiles. I have a feeling that his water is going to find its way into my spot. I may need your boat-building advice or I'm liable to float away.
Good morning Oglala. How are you? I was reading your post with your concerns about the gun controversy going on. I agree with you, it is a huge concern. No doubt many of our rights are being taken away. I think when a political leader has the nerve to say that they will go around/against the Constitution (as Biden did) they should be removed from their position immediately!
The videos I posted above about Alex Jones are pretty eye opening, especially the one about being followed by the mafia after his interview on the show with Piers Morgan. Pretty scary.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
AW did you eat some real spicy pizza before you went to bed? Spicy pizza use to give me some wild dreams. lol I hope you got that ex-daughter-in-law straightened out! lol
No I had a bologna sandwich and Doritoes. Probably just as bad for dreaming. Especially after all the talk about pork roasts, gravy, and the veggies. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

I would never hit a lady, not even in my dreams. But the ex-daughter-inlaw was no lady and at least I can dream about smacking her in the teeth. LOL

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Oglala. How are you? I was reading your post with your concerns about the gun controversy going on. I agree with you, it is a huge concern. No doubt many of our rights are being taken away. I think when a political leader has the nerve to say that they will go around/against the Constitution (as Biden did) they should be removed from their position immediately!
The videos I posted above about Alex Jones are pretty eye opening, especially the one about being followed by the mafia after his interview on the show with Piers Morgan. Pretty scary.
I know that AB does not like to talk about politics. I agree with her, but this is not politics. It is about maintaining our freedom and civil rights in this country...and it does affect us all directly. Although what happened in Connecticut is tragic, it should not be used as a platform to initiate stricter gun control laws. Guns do not kill people. Other people kill people. In discussing the tragic events in Connecticut, folks have jumped on the gun control platform instead of addressing the underlying problems of mental illness. It is very difficult to get help for a person who is potentially dangerous in this country. I have had direct experience with this problem. Even when a person is out of control and taken to a doctor or hospital, the person can only be held for 72 hours max. If they calm down during this evaluation period, they are released with no mental health follow-up. Even warning police or filing a police report does no good. Police just tell you that nothing can be done until the person commits a crime. In some cases they have said that an individual must be observed committing a crime. In a worst case scenario, when there has been an actual assault committed, the person goes to court, gets a fine and probation, and if there is insurance or private pay, the mentally ill person may be encouraged to admit themselves to a 30-day program or to face 30 days in jail. Now, what does that do to help a mentally ill person or to protect the public from danger?? It is too little, and often it is too late. There was an article written in the New York Times (I think it was the Times, but if I'm wrong I apologize) entitled "I am Adam Lanze's Mother." To summarize, a woman details all the efforts that she made to get help for her son, but to no avail. This is what we're really up against. If there are new laws, they should focus on help for the mentally disabled.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Good morning bird threaders. Sounds like Ancient Wolf had an active sleep.

Lala, you are right about the politics,but they have been saying since 2007 that the President wants to disarm Americans. I don't see it. Please show me an article (not conspiracry theorist) or video that implicates he is wanting to violate the 2nd Ammendment. I have yet to see any truth to that. Did he just allow concealed weapons on federal parks land in the last few years? I only see them trying to strengthen the laws on the books already i.e background checks, restrictions on assault weapons and mental health issues. No one is taking Americans guns away from them. Just show me where that is implicated. BTW, I don't think those assault weapons should be in the hands of anyone besides soldiers and law enforcement. Are they really necessary for hunting? NO. JMO
W KY Girl

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

I agree with you Oglala. Just yesterday there was a couple on Dr. Phil with there 15 yo son. That boy was terrorizing his parents! He had caught the house on fire, threatened to kill them, hit his mother, injured himself, swung a bat at his grandmother and store employees, attacked other kids, cussed out judges, been admitted 14 times for treatment/observation, etc. Nobody could pinpoint the problem! Meanwhile the parents were having to live with the kid, terrified. It had started when he was six years old. Dr Phil and his associates thought the boy was autistic and offered help. He told them if the treatment didn't help they were way in over their head! What the heck are parents supposed to do in a situation like that!?! They had done ALL they could! And I am sure there are many more cases like that. No doubt that kid could grow up to commit a mass killing.
I think the main problem is all the vaccines that they are giving kids! In the past we didn't have this problem. Sure there were kids born with problems but nowhere near this many kids had mental problems. I'm not sure of all the facts on it but I know they have added many new vaccines and they are processing the vaccines differently. I know of one baby who stopped breathing immediately when given a vaccine. Thank God the baby was revived but if a "simple" vaccine can cause a kid to STOP breathing/die, what does it do to their tiny undeveloped brain!
Every kid that I can think of who has committed a mass killing had some of these mental problems and I'm sure on medication for it. GUNS are not the root of the problem. They need to quit poisoning kids.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Many consider a 7.62 X 39 as an assault weapon. Yes, it is rather light weight and can hold an expanded clip beyond it's normal capacity and I have no problem with limiting the sale of expanded clips or full metal jackets; but I do not like the "nibbling" away of our Freedoms especially those guaranteed by the Constitution.

I don't hunt and don't even have a hunting license and do not belong to the NRA, but I do live in an area where there are potential wild animals and even a possible rabid dog or terminally sick animal that needs to be put out of it's misery quickly. I recall my Dad being most irritated when I did not down the hog with the first shot and allowed it to suffer.

I don't want to just "wound" a wild animal and make it even more ferocious. I have only fired that weapon when cleaning, usually annually.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Despite the perception that Mr. Obama is anti-gun rights (gun shop owners say fear of his policies drives strong gun sales), he has repeatedly reaffirmed the right to bear arms. Indeed, the only gun-control laws he has signed as president have been to expand gun rights – allowing guns on national park lands and Amtrak trains. He also said this year that “hunting and shooting are part of a cherished national heritage.”

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-vs-romne...

How much do you know about the Second Amendment? A quiz.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2011/110...

I missed one that was a No or Probably Not answer. See what you get? I think the push to get assault weapons off the streets and mental health issues is a good place to start considering all the mass shootings in the last few years. I still do not believe there is some plot to take guns away from our citizens.

I did see that Dr Phil segment yesterday too. It is a wonder that kid hadn't already killed someone. Very disturbed kid. Could it be the vaccines..possibly. Seems to me people get all riled about assumptions, not facts.
W KY Girl

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

The 2nd Ammendment was not put in place to ensure "hunting rights." It was put in place so that the citizens could protect themselves against a government gone bad. This AR 15 rifle (.223 cal.) that has got some so upset is not an "assult" rifle. Many of them are made to look like assult rifles, but they are not assult rifles. The AR 15 (.223 cal.) is not a "machine gun" with continuous shots with one pull of the trigger. One shot is fired for each time the trigger is pulled.
I am pretty sure our state police carry .223 caliber rifles. There was a guy here in western KY shot and killed by a state trooper about three months ago with one of those rifles. If the citizens don't need .223 caliber guns, why does the state police need them to use on the citizens??? "The people" need equal firepower with the police and the government should SHTF. If anybody believes the bible at all you have to know that there is a day coming when our own government is going to turn on us.
W KY Girl

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

AND Adam Lanza did not even use an AR 15 during the CT shooting. The police said that an AR 15 rifle was found in the trunk of his car. He never even got it out of the car, yet people are on the bandwagon to ban them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,641 - 68,660 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance