Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,429)

Showing posts 68,561 - 68,580 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
So now even the internet proves that I really am "Chicken George" hahahaha
Bwaaahahahahahaaaa! Yep!

(Keep those gems from days gone by, coming).
I love this.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
My uncle had a chicken farm in Jamestown Tn. Never knew of him to use these, but his chicken houses pretty big. He wasn't rich and couldn't afford workers, so maybe that's why he never used these glasses? He actually contracted with KFC for the sale of his chickens though.
I'm learning a whole lot of things today about chickens, hehe..
I once visited Sergeant York in Jamestown Tenn, while he was still alive.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
lala, I have been watching the previews on TV for this movie. I want to see it. I love Matt Damon in anything he is in. I ran across this article about the movie and watched the clip on it and a documentary coming out later this month about fracking. Thought you might be interested in reading it since it is about fracking. In the movie trailor Matt says:
"two hours out of any town looks like Kentucky"
..beautiful countryside like we are blessed with, but filmed in Pa.
Environment
Fact Check: Truths and Myths in Matt Damon’s Anti-Fracking Film ‘Promised Land’
Posted on January 9, 2013 at 2:43pm by Liz Klimas
American Public Media’s Marketplace also has a fact check of the movie. Here are a couple of the things that it looked into and found:
Fracking and dead cows, really? Yes, it is true. Cows have died according to a Cornell study tallying reports of human and animal ailments near drill sites. Direct exposure to hydraulic fracturing fluid occurred in two cases: in one, a worker shut down a chemical blender during the fracturing process, allowing the release of fracturing fluids into an adjacent cow pasture, killing 17 cows in one hour; the other was a result of a defective valve on a fracturing fluid tank, which caused hundreds of barrels of hydraulic fracturing fluid to leak into a pasture where goats were exposed and suffered from reproductive problems over the following two years.
Do natural gas landmen push this hard? Not that I’ve heard. I spoke to several landmen in the gas industry, who say they’re paid daily rates rather than commission. In other words, they get paid whether the landowner signs a lease or not.
To read the article and view the trailors:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/fact-check-tr...
crazy about the cows...interesting article and videos.
I've seen the previews of that movies. Fracking, in of itself, is not bad. The problem is that the oil industry does not take sufficient safety precautions for fracking as well as for drilling for oil. For example, the big salt dome collapse causing the problem in Louisiana is likely drilling too close to a salt dome. Problems always happen when money is put before safety and common sense.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

(Gosh, who turned the lights on all the sudden. My eyes are almost hurting)...

I always loved Jamestown growing up. My, how it's grown though. Just like everywhere else that used to be quiet around here I guess..

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

movie, not movies (just in case the spelling police are out this evening)

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Well, it's time for me to do something productive, but I'll be back later if I can.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
(Gosh, who turned the lights on all the sudden. My eyes are almost hurting)...
I always loved Jamestown growing up. My, how it's grown though. Just like everywhere else that used to be quiet around here I guess..
The small farm where Sergeant Alvin York lived was presented to him for his heroics in WW1, the most decorated WW1 veteran even though he was originally a "concientous objector".

I was very young when we visited just before he died, and they had volumes of visitor's sign in logs from over the years.

I believe is was Cary Grant (I might have to Google myself LOL) that played his role in the movie.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Just took the pork roast out of the oven. Glad I put extra carrots, onions and taters in that roaster. All this talk about hogs and chickens being what is has been tonight, roflmbo!

Veggies for me. And a glass of tea.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Nope, it was Gary Cooper.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Well, it's time for me to do something productive, but I'll be back later if I can.
You mean learning about chicken parts and glasses is not productive. hehehe
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless I'm mistaken, the news said they just recovered the bodies. This is horrid. The Mom is in critical condition. Don't know if I'd want to live after something like that and loosing my whole family...
I hadn't checked back with the news yet. But did find that it was a space heater. I don't think I could live without my children and I only have one. What a sad way to start the new year after the holidays.

4 children, father killed rural Ky. house fire; family was sleeping around space heater

Pike County Coroner Russell Roberts said the bodies of the five victims were found in the home’s living room, where they had been sleeping near an electric space heater.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/corone...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Just took the pork roast out of the oven. Glad I put extra carrots, onions and taters in that roaster. All this talk about hogs and chickens being what is has been tonight, roflmbo!
Veggies for me. And a glass of tea.
ummm, I love pork roast. I fixed one in the oven a few days ago, made perfect gravy from the drippings to go with fresh mashed potatoes, green beans from the garden last summer with bacon dripping, dinner rolls. It was so good. Then I pulled all the meat from the bone and into the crock pot with BBQ sauce until it was melt in your mouth tender for BBQ Pork Sandwiches and homemade french fries. I love to cook and bake. Always have. Mom and Grandma taught the girls when we could see over the stove. haha

Always some southern style sweet tea.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I hadn't checked back with the news yet. But did find that it was a space heater. I don't think I could live without my children and I only have one. What a sad way to start the new year after the holidays.
4 children, father killed rural Ky. house fire; family was sleeping around space heater
Pike County Coroner Russell Roberts said the bodies of the five victims were found in the home’s living room, where they had been sleeping near an electric space heater.
That is why I keep a dog in the house. He notices everything even when he pretends to be sleeping. He can hear a sound 1/2 mile up the road and needs to investigate. I left the burner on the kitchen range the other day and he told me about it.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Flu epidemic in Boston. Hospitals running out of beds. Take precautions, stay well. I am on my third week..down to the cough and body aches only now.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I thought the same thing. I don't think I could carry on even if I lived through it, AB.

I've suffered a really bad and unexpected tragedy and it was only by the grace of God that I made it through that time in my life without doing myself in. ONLY by the grace of God... Believe it, even my friends were of little help, no matter how hard they tried to pull me out of it.

I don't know how this Mom will carry on either..
If she survives.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
ummm, I love pork roast. I fixed one in the oven a few days ago, made perfect gravy from the drippings to go with fresh mashed potatoes, green beans from the garden last summer with bacon dripping, dinner rolls. It was so good. Then I pulled all the meat from the bone and into the crock pot with BBQ sauce until it was melt in your mouth tender for BBQ Pork Sandwiches and homemade french fries. I love to cook and bake. Always have. Mom and Grandma taught the girls when we could see over the stove. haha
This one is boneless and had a nice layer of fat around it for a change, so that's why I bought it. The fat is usually all trimmed off these days. That fat is what gets all browned up and makes the gravy, in my opinion.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I like pork roast cooked with the little red potatoes and saur kraut all mixed together. Left over pork goes into BBQ or just eaten on a sandwich with mustard and onion.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Time to go put the rolls in the oven and make the gravy. The roast has rested on the stove top for about 20 minutes already and I got some hungry bellies waiting on dinner, hehe.

Chat with you all later. This has been fun.

Later!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
This one is boneless and had a nice layer of fat around it for a change, so that's why I bought it. The fat is usually all trimmed off these days. That fat is what gets all browned up and makes the gravy, in my opinion.
I agree. I won't even buy a steak unless it has some fat. That is what gives it flavor. I like pork better than beef though.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Time to go put the rolls in the oven and make the gravy. The roast has rested on the stove top for about 20 minutes already and I got some hungry bellies waiting on dinner, hehe.
Chat with you all later. This has been fun.
Later!!!
Take Care, and Thanks for the entertainment. I think I will be out of here for a while also. I never know how long that might be. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,561 - 68,580 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
All gays should be put into concentration camps (Jan '11) 34 min rick 34
Teen stabbed on city bus in critical condition,... 1 hr lol 27
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr Donnie B Can Not 922
I'll give BJs for $0.50 for X-mas money (Dec '11) 1 hr ha ha ha 13
Johnny "Crooked Nose" Masters (Feb '13) 1 hr ha ha ha 29
Johnny Masters - persistent criminal offender (Oct '13) 1 hr lol 4
Yall I'm comin out the closet! (Jan '13) 1 hr lol 39
•••
•••