Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,723

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81646 Jan 9, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I hadn't checked back with the news yet. But did find that it was a space heater. I don't think I could live without my children and I only have one. What a sad way to start the new year after the holidays.
4 children, father killed rural Ky. house fire; family was sleeping around space heater
Pike County Coroner Russell Roberts said the bodies of the five victims were found in the home’s living room, where they had been sleeping near an electric space heater.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/corone...
That is why I keep a dog in the house. He notices everything even when he pretends to be sleeping. He can hear a sound 1/2 mile up the road and needs to investigate. I left the burner on the kitchen range the other day and he told me about it.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81647 Jan 9, 2013
Flu epidemic in Boston. Hospitals running out of beds. Take precautions, stay well. I am on my third week..down to the cough and body aches only now.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#81648 Jan 9, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I hadn't checked back with the news yet. But did find that it was a space heater. I don't think I could live without my children and I only have one. What a sad way to start the new year after the holidays.
4 children, father killed rural Ky. house fire; family was sleeping around space heater
Pike County Coroner Russell Roberts said the bodies of the five victims were found in the home’s living room, where they had been sleeping near an electric space heater.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/corone...
You know, I thought the same thing. I don't think I could carry on even if I lived through it, AB.

I've suffered a really bad and unexpected tragedy and it was only by the grace of God that I made it through that time in my life without doing myself in. ONLY by the grace of God... Believe it, even my friends were of little help, no matter how hard they tried to pull me out of it.

I don't know how this Mom will carry on either..
If she survives.

#81649 Jan 9, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
ummm, I love pork roast. I fixed one in the oven a few days ago, made perfect gravy from the drippings to go with fresh mashed potatoes, green beans from the garden last summer with bacon dripping, dinner rolls. It was so good. Then I pulled all the meat from the bone and into the crock pot with BBQ sauce until it was melt in your mouth tender for BBQ Pork Sandwiches and homemade french fries. I love to cook and bake. Always have. Mom and Grandma taught the girls when we could see over the stove. haha
Always some southern style sweet tea.
This one is boneless and had a nice layer of fat around it for a change, so that's why I bought it. The fat is usually all trimmed off these days. That fat is what gets all browned up and makes the gravy, in my opinion.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81650 Jan 9, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
ummm, I love pork roast. I fixed one in the oven a few days ago, made perfect gravy from the drippings to go with fresh mashed potatoes, green beans from the garden last summer with bacon dripping, dinner rolls. It was so good. Then I pulled all the meat from the bone and into the crock pot with BBQ sauce until it was melt in your mouth tender for BBQ Pork Sandwiches and homemade french fries. I love to cook and bake. Always have. Mom and Grandma taught the girls when we could see over the stove. haha
Always some southern style sweet tea.
I like pork roast cooked with the little red potatoes and saur kraut all mixed together. Left over pork goes into BBQ or just eaten on a sandwich with mustard and onion.

#81651 Jan 9, 2013
Time to go put the rolls in the oven and make the gravy. The roast has rested on the stove top for about 20 minutes already and I got some hungry bellies waiting on dinner, hehe.

Chat with you all later. This has been fun.

Later!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81652 Jan 9, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
This one is boneless and had a nice layer of fat around it for a change, so that's why I bought it. The fat is usually all trimmed off these days. That fat is what gets all browned up and makes the gravy, in my opinion.
I agree. I won't even buy a steak unless it has some fat. That is what gives it flavor. I like pork better than beef though.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81653 Jan 9, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Time to go put the rolls in the oven and make the gravy. The roast has rested on the stove top for about 20 minutes already and I got some hungry bellies waiting on dinner, hehe.
Chat with you all later. This has been fun.
Later!!!
Take Care, and Thanks for the entertainment. I think I will be out of here for a while also. I never know how long that might be. LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81654 Jan 9, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I thought the same thing. I don't think I could carry on even if I lived through it, AB.
I've suffered a really bad and unexpected tragedy and it was only by the grace of God that I made it through that time in my life without doing myself in. ONLY by the grace of God... Believe it, even my friends were of little help, no matter how hard they tried to pull me out of it.
I don't know how this Mom will carry on either..
If she survives.
I hear you. I have suffered two unexpected deaths close to me this year alone. This month is a bad one to relive for me. Barely made it through one in the early 90's. But like you, only by the Grace of God did I carry on. A child??? I don't think I would be strong enough to even try.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81655 Jan 9, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I like pork roast cooked with the little red potatoes and saur kraut all mixed together. Left over pork goes into BBQ or just eaten on a sandwich with mustard and onion.
I love boneless country ribs and saurkraut together. Never thought of adding little red potatoes. Sounds good. I love those little red potatoes. Makes great potatoe salad too.
any names

Richmond, KY

#81656 Jan 9, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Haters = one male, two females. AB, what male despises everyone on here except maybe you? Don't post any names, just think for a minute. LOL.
hate and despise is a bit harsh and over-exaggerated, it's really not that at all

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#81657 Jan 9, 2013
any names wrote:
<quoted text>
hate and despise is a bit harsh and over-exaggerated, it's really not that at all
In your case not at all, Sybil.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81658 Jan 9, 2013
There is way to much fracking going on around here. Stay away from the dead cows Sybil, that's sick.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#81659 Jan 9, 2013
**Yawnnnn**

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81660 Jan 9, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
**Yawnnnn**
You got that right. Coming to the bird topic lately might just cure your insomnia. Lol.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81661 Jan 9, 2013
I feel the need to bring up something very important. I shy away from political topics, but this very important because it directly affects our rights as free Americans. I happened to catch a couple of news stories. The first was about gun control. Our Vice President has said, "We are going after guns, and the courts and the Constitution be damned." I am a nonviolent person, but I believe a person has the right to protect himself. If I have committed no crimes and have no mental illness, and acquired a gun for personal protection, I do not believe that I should surrender my gun. Folks, this has been coming for some time,and the unfortunate incident in Connecticut is giving politicians an excuse for gun seizure. We should be alert and not let our Constitutional rights be trampled.

The second news story involved a couple who had a family garden for 20 years, owned their own home, and paid taxes. The town in which they live threatened to fine them $500.00/day unless they destroyed their garden. They are fighting this, and when it made national news, the authorities in control are starting to back down.

There are more and more incidents like this, and these kinds of interference directly affects a large number of citizens.

This is just a little info., but I find it disturbing that we are being encumbered by more and more rules and regulations. As you folks know, I shy away from discussion of politics and religion because it often results in arguments that go around and around. I feel it is important enough to make you aware of the trend of things to come.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81662 Jan 9, 2013
Oglala wrote:
I feel the need to bring up something very important. I shy away from political topics, but this very important because it directly affects our rights as free Americans. I happened to catch a couple of news stories. The first was about gun control. Our Vice President has said, "We are going after guns, and the courts and the Constitution be damned." I am a nonviolent person, but I believe a person has the right to protect himself. If I have committed no crimes and have no mental illness, and acquired a gun for personal protection, I do not believe that I should surrender my gun. Folks, this has been coming for some time,and the unfortunate incident in Connecticut is giving politicians an excuse for gun seizure. We should be alert and not let our Constitutional rights be trampled.
The second news story involved a couple who had a family garden for 20 years, owned their own home, and paid taxes. The town in which they live threatened to fine them $500.00/day unless they destroyed their garden. They are fighting this, and when it made national news, the authorities in control are starting to back down.
There are more and more incidents like this, and these kinds of interference directly affects a large number of citizens.
This is just a little info., but I find it disturbing that we are being encumbered by more and more rules and regulations. As you folks know, I shy away from discussion of politics and religion because it often results in arguments that go around and around. I feel it is important enough to make you aware of the trend of things to come.
Lala, I recommend keeping 2 or 3 junker of el cheapo guns around and the others well hidden. If and when they come for them give them the junkers. Even if they are on record as you buying them there is no law saying you can't resell or trade them. There is no proof that you still have the guns.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81663 Jan 9, 2013
Speaking of chicken earlier, dog lovers check your treats...

Firms withdraw chicken jerky pet treats over antibiotics

Two of the nation’s top retailers of chicken jerky dog treats are voluntarily withdrawing several popular brands after New York state agriculture officials said they may be contaminated with unapproved antibiotics.

Nestle Purina PetCare Co. officials announced Wednesday that they’re withdrawing Waggin’ Train and Canyon Creek Ranch brand dog treats until further notice. Officials at Milo’s Kitchen, which is owned by the Del Monte Corp., announced they are voluntarily recalling the firm's Chicken Jerky and Chicken Grillers home-style dog treats from shelves nationwide.

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/09/16...
any name

Richmond, KY

#81664 Jan 9, 2013
Oglala wrote:
I have been trying to talk about this for the past 2 years here and no one ever wants to discuss it and I get called a conspiracy kook for trying to expose the truth about what's really going on in this country. The military police state of the New World Order is coming and everyone is asleep or don't give a damn. Yes my language and communication style is often abrasive and even hateful, but I do it for a reason to hopefully stir up some meaningful conversation on this critical subject and to wake people up from their slumber.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81665 Jan 9, 2013
lala, I seen that story about the couple in Florida and their garden. Apparently, they have a city ordinance against growing vegetable gardens in the Front yard. Wonder why they didn't put it in the back like most people do. They were warned in November. There are lots of ordinances like that in many cities. Some won't let you have a fence all the way around your house, only back yards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Louisville Cardinals vs Kentucky Wildcats Dec 2... 4 hr Oh No He Did Not 2
Police arrest seven people on drug charges at F... 4 hr bill 2
Kentucky wants to give illegal immigrants drive... (Nov '07) 6 hr Sniper II 22
Grade lane hit and run (Travis Christy)This is ... (Nov '12) 6 hr FARTIN LOUD WMY F... 143
Mouse Moments - (Sep '11) 6 hr Righty Mouse 12,447
brad jones fairdale 7 hr sandwich 9
places that hire felons.help! Fri constanceswan 1
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]