Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81698 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

owl

Georgetown, KY

#81696 Jan 9, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Any attempt at Nationalized gun control will be the start of the next civil war. I saw a bumper sticker that I like which said "When you come for mine, bring your own".
get ready because I believe DHS is already preparing for a civil war. The feds have ordered over a billion round of hollow point bullets in 2012. What do you think they plan to do with all that ammo?

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Homeland-Sec...
Homeland Security Prepares for Civil War

Digging deeper into the government's recent procurements for ammo, you learn just how aggressively they are buying up ridiculous amounts of ammo and riot related equipment. The feds have actually ordered over 1 billion rounds of ammo in 2012 alone. They received 750,000,000 in March and are awaiting another 450,000,000 arriving soon. All in conjunction with large-scale orders for riot gear, bulletproof checkpoint outposts with red and green stoplights, human shaped paper practice targets, and other crowd control and containment equipment.

There is no conspiracy theory here. The federal government is expecting either a catastrophic financial collapse that could provoke nationwide food riots and all out civil unrest, another civil war, or even Armageddon. All in the very near future. Some theorize that the mass purchase of ammunition is an attempt to hoard as much as possible from the American public whom the feds believe may be in preparation for civil war right now.
Blueminer

United States

#81697 Jan 9, 2013
Oglala wrote:
I feel the need to bring up something very important. I shy away from political topics, but this very important because it directly affects our rights as free Americans. I happened to catch a couple of news stories. The first was about gun control. Our Vice President has said, "We are going after guns, and the courts and the Constitution be damned." I am a nonviolent person, but I believe a person has the right to protect himself. If I have committed no crimes and have no mental illness, and acquired a gun for personal protection, I do not believe that I should surrender my gun. Folks, this has been coming for some time,and the unfortunate incident in Connecticut is giving politicians an excuse for gun seizure. We should be alert and not let our Constitutional rights be trampled.
The second news story involved a couple who had a family garden for 20 years, owned their own home, and paid taxes. The town in which they live threatened to fine them $500.00/day unless they destroyed their garden. They are fighting this, and when it made national news, the authorities in control are starting to back down.
There are more and more incidents like this, and these kinds of interference directly affects a large number of citizens.
This is just a little info., but I find it disturbing that we are being encumbered by more and more rules and regulations. As you folks know, I shy away from discussion of politics and religion because it often results
Rules and regs where would we be w/o them? On the other hand how do you get over 300 million people to agree where to draw the line and then get a government to follow the lead?

In America there is no such thing as a martyr just crazy people that die trying to prove their point. Meanwhile most of us just carry on oblivious to why a person would fight the system orgive his/her life for a cause that seems useless. However, the battle to retain gun rights could produce bonafide American martyrs.
Blueminer

United States

#81698 Jan 9, 2013
Hello Everybody!

Last time I commented I was on a dock in nashville. Last weekend when I got in I just couldn't find time to log back on.

Tonight has me insomniackin at this truck stop in Austintown OH.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81699 Jan 9, 2013
I don't bury my head in the sand, but I don't fight other people's battles when they won't fight for their own.

There is a local spat over someone moving a mobile home into an area where a house once burned. I don't know if it is permanently planned or just temporary housing until they can do better, but as I have heard many times "I don't have a dog in that fight".

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#81700 Jan 9, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really leaving after this post, but I can't resist a funny story. I was reading a list of silly laws from countries around the world, when I came across this little item, I believe it was England, but I'm not positively sure. I'll look it up later: Anyway, this country passed an "anti-flatulence" tax per cow. Can you imagine??The reason for this is that cows cause environmental pollution with the gas they emit. I wonder how much they would tax Una for his malodorous emissions!!!! LOL Once again, everyone, good night.
It would be unreal. It is estimated that I can out fart a team of 20 mules on an average day. Lol.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#81701 Jan 9, 2013
Hey, Blue! How have you been?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81702 Jan 9, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Hello Everybody!
Last time I commented I was on a dock in nashville. Last weekend when I got in I just couldn't find time to log back on.
Tonight has me insomniackin at this truck stop in Austintown OH.
Good Evening BlueMiner. Look for a Gold Colored Freight Liner with a flat bed loaded with rolled steel and you might see Wolf Puppy. He is near there somewhere.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#81703 Jan 9, 2013
I have yet to read or hear anything about anyone trying to disarm Americans. Speculation. I only see an attempt to make Americans safer. No one is trying to take anyone's guns away. Just restrict and strenghten the laws.

Biden says Obama could use executive orders to restrict guns

We are not going to get caught up in the notion that unless we can do everything, we're going to do nothing. It's critically important that we act," said Biden, who will meet on Thursday with pro-gun groups including the National Rifle Association, which claims 4 million members and is the gun lobby's most powerful organization.

Even without action by Congress, Obama could issue orders to improve background checks on gun buyers, ban certain gun imports and bolster oversight of dealers. Other executive orders could improve information sharing among law enforcement authorities about illegal gun purchases, and maintain data on gun sales for longer periods.
Obama has said he believes most Americans support the reinstatement of a ban on the sale of military-style assault weapons, barring the sale of high-capacity ammunition clips, and a law requiring background checks on buyers before all gun purchases.

It is unclear whether any of those measures will have more support in Congress after the Connecticut massacre than they did after previous mass shootings.

With the federal outcome uncertain, some states are taking action on their own. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo pledged to enact the country's strictest assault weapons ban and outlaw all high-capacity magazines.

Read complete article:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/09/us-...

Not that I am initiating a debate about guns or politics. There are plenty threads dedicated to those subjects. Just saying. Where is everyone hearing this "we are coming to take your guns" cry?

Just saying.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#81704 Jan 9, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Hello Everybody!
Last time I commented I was on a dock in nashville. Last weekend when I got in I just couldn't find time to log back on.
Tonight has me insomniackin at this truck stop in Austintown OH.
Hi Blueminer. Be safe out there.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#81705 Jan 9, 2013
I am off to dreamland. You folks have a peaceful night.

Goodnight!
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#81706 Jan 9, 2013
Forgot this one I wanted to share with a map of the flu outbreak:

Flu picks up steam across the U.S.

Kentucky is all alone in the middle of "HIGH" with a "MINIMAL"...Good!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/09/health/us-flu-s...

Now I am off to dreamland.

Nighty, Night
frog

Georgetown, KY

#81707 Jan 9, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
I have yet to read or hear anything about anyone trying to disarm Americans. Speculation. I only see an attempt to make Americans safer. No one is trying to take anyone's guns away. Just restrict and strenghten the laws.
Biden says Obama could use executive orders to restrict guns
We are not going to get caught up in the notion that unless we can do everything, we're going to do nothing. It's critically important that we act," said Biden, who will meet on Thursday with pro-gun groups including the National Rifle Association, which claims 4 million members and is the gun lobby's most powerful organization.
Even without action by Congress, Obama could issue orders to improve background checks on gun buyers, ban certain gun imports and bolster oversight of dealers. Other executive orders could improve information sharing among law enforcement authorities about illegal gun purchases, and maintain data on gun sales for longer periods.
Obama has said he believes most Americans support the reinstatement of a ban on the sale of military-style assault weapons, barring the sale of high-capacity ammunition clips, and a law requiring background checks on buyers before all gun purchases.
It is unclear whether any of those measures will have more support in Congress after the Connecticut massacre than they did after previous mass shootings.
With the federal outcome uncertain, some states are taking action on their own. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo pledged to enact the country's strictest assault weapons ban and outlaw all high-capacity magazines.
Read complete article:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/09/us-...
Not that I am initiating a debate about guns or politics. There are plenty threads dedicated to those subjects. Just saying. Where is everyone hearing this "we are coming to take your guns" cry?
Just saying.
remember the frog in the pot
Blueminer

United States

#81708 Jan 9, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Evening BlueMiner. Look for a Gold Colored Freight Liner with a flat bed loaded with rolled steel and you might see Wolf Puppy. He is near there somewhere.
10/4! Is that your son? Does he own his own tractor? Or company driver? Ilm just asking so I know what to look for. From here on whenever I see a gold freightshaker pulling a flatbed I'll key down and holler "how boutcha Wolf Puppy." Sooner or later I'll buy him a cup a joe.

For now i gotta try to get some sleep.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81709 Jan 9, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
I am off to dreamland. You folks have a peaceful night.
Goodnight!
I have been in dreamland once already tonight and it just was not all that peaceful. I was fighting with the ex daughter-inlaw. LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#81710 Jan 9, 2013
Goodnight, AB. Sleep well. I missed your comments for a few minutes there. I'll have to play catch up now, grrrrrr... Thanks for the links. I'll look at them right now.

(Thought I saw a flashlight out in my woods. Let's just say it's not there now)...
Blueminer

United States

#81711 Jan 9, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
I am off to dreamland. You folks have a peaceful night.
Goodnight!
Hi and Goodnight
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81712 Jan 9, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
10/4! Is that your son? Does he own his own tractor? Or company driver? Ilm just asking so I know what to look for. From here on whenever I see a gold freightshaker pulling a flatbed I'll key down and holler "how boutcha Wolf Puppy." Sooner or later I'll buy him a cup a joe.
For now i gotta try to get some sleep.
He is an owner/operator but he probably would not know that he is "Wolf PuppY". LOL I doubt that he even knows that I am AW.
Blueminer

United States

#81713 Jan 9, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hey, Blue! How have you been?
Hi Nope! I' doing OK, just gettin ready to hit the hay. How are you these days?...Great I hope.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#81714 Jan 9, 2013
Doing good here! Glad to hear from you. Stop in tomorrow after you get rested up! We've missed you.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81715 Jan 9, 2013
Good Night All. I am going back to see if the ex-daughter-inlaw threw in the towel LOL I hit her in the teeth before I woke up the last time and missed and hit the dog. Poor Ol' Dog said he did not have a woman in that fight LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
heroin (Jul '13) 35 min OD and die 21
News UPike Scholar House project moving forward (Mar '12) 44 min Kylady56 17
wtf 53 min Politically Incor... 7
what is transexual 58 min Politically Incor... 4
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 4 hr _FLATLINE-------- 9,293
Elizabeth voguel. 5 hr Optimus9 1
Rachael Lea Oerther (Aug '12) 13 hr B00stOrBust 4

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages