Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,427)

Showing posts 68,521 - 68,540 of81,563
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Oglala. Those kidneys are pretty gross looking to me. lol I suppose we have ate plenty of them. Have you ever noticed two tiny little rice shaped yellow things stuck usually to the clear membrane inside a chicken? They are about the size of...almost as long as a trimmed pinky nail and about 1/4-1/3 as wide - testicles. Chicken trivia! LOL (Well they are "birds!" lol)
Oh, gross!!! I probably ate those too and didn't know it

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
@Oglala Also, even though the testicles are located inside the body cavity, they are sometimes removed by cutting through the ribs in the back. Then the rooster is a CAPON! Never seen it done but it sure doesn't sound easy. I bet it's harder on the poor rooster though. lol
Oh, my!! The things I'm learning today! I have had capons but didn't know it was a castrated chicken. Yikes.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
I hate to break the news to you AW, I think you have been dethroned as Chicken George of the bird thread. Tough luck. Lol.
I don't think so UNA. They have identified that piece as to everything that it really is, just a dead mouse that fell into the batter. LOL

or a publicity stunt to keep from paying. I onced worked in restaurants and it is amazing how many people eat 3/4 of their meal before they find something wrong in hopes that they can get away without paying. They ought to know on the first bite. LOL

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Haters = one male, two females. AB, what male despises everyone on here except maybe you? Don't post any names, just think for a minute. LOL.
Horrible about those deaths.
That news story is so,so sad. Poor little babies. They haven't even begun to really live. I just hope that they perished from smoke inhalation in their sleep.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, my!! The things I'm learning today! I have had capons but didn't know it was a castrated chicken. Yikes.
Yep, the way to make capons is to make a small slit, tie a string to the thingy-ma-bob and attach to a brick on the other end of the string and drop the brick.
W KY Girl

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Too much information huh? LOL Sometimes there are things you wish you'd never known! lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

The arthritis in my finger is surely not conducive to quality typing LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Una, I bet they don't even know about chicken "glasses". They are a small set of solid plastic "glasses" that fit over a chicken's beak so they cannot look straight ahead and pluck the sores on another chickens hiney. Without those glasses, a chicken with a sore hiney will get plucked to death. Those are not usually used except in mass production, not regular farm use.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
The arthritis in my finger is surely not conducive to quality typing LOL
Oh, I know what you mean.I have arthritis in many joints, and it is not pleasant. It gets worse if you don't keep moving around.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Oh, dear. I could have certainly done without the "dropped brick, string around thingy-ma-bob" story...

The things human beings will do for a "gourmet" meal..
I'm so close to going vegetarian that it's not funny.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Rather a funny sight to see a chicken wearing red plastic Bay-Bans LOL. I once worked on an egg farm that produced about a 1000 eggs a day. My job was to install and remove the "glasses" from dead chickens, gather, grade, clean and candle the eggs. The dead chickens and spoiled or broken eggs were thrown into 55 gallon drums and taken to the hog farm for the hogs to eat. Anyone up for a pork tenderloin sandwich ? LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Well, I tried to do the judge its. I started with AW on comment #94. It went well until the "brick and thingy-ma-bob" comment..

Uhhh, there's not one to adequately fit that one.

So I skipped it and moved on with funny faces and hearts.....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Anyone up for a pork tenderloin sandwich ? LOL
OH DEAR GOD! I have a pork roast in the oven right now!

I know I'm having nothing but the vegetables tonight now.......
Geeeeesh!!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Una, I bet they don't even know about chicken "glasses". They are a small set of solid plastic "glasses" that fit over a chicken's beak so they cannot look straight ahead and pluck the sores on another chickens hiney. Without those glasses, a chicken with a sore hiney will get plucked to death. Those are not usually used except in mass production, not regular farm use.
I'll have to say, I didn't know about that. That's a bad way to go. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Rather a funny sight to see a chicken wearing red plastic Bay-Bans LOL. I once worked on an egg farm that produced about a 1000 eggs a day. My job was to install and remove the "glasses" from dead chickens, gather, grade, clean and candle the eggs. The dead chickens and spoiled or broken eggs were thrown into 55 gallon drums and taken to the hog farm for the hogs to eat. Anyone up for a pork tenderloin sandwich ? LOL
Not much difference in a hog and a chicken either one will eat most anything.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
That is for sure. When an old sow has pigs, you have to separate them for the first few days except for feeding time otherwise the Sow might eat their own. I have seen hogs almost demolish a coal pile.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so UNA. They have identified that piece as to everything that it really is, just a dead mouse that fell into the batter. LOL
or a publicity stunt to keep from paying. I onced worked in restaurants and it is amazing how many people eat 3/4 of their meal before they find something wrong in hopes that they can get away without paying. They ought to know on the first bite. LOL
Oh, a dead mouse is the worst thing that could be. That reminds me of an episode of Preppers. The father in the family was a real fanatic. He had his teenage sons eat an earthworm, a dead mouse, and maggots (he had what he called the maggot hotel, where he grew them). I don't mind eating deer or wild rabbits, but there is where I draw the line. If I had to eat the gross stuff, I'd rather go on to the other side.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I never knew that. When I had chickens, I used to separate any that had a small sore on it because of that problem. Where on earth can you find chicken glasses. By the way, how did we get talking about these subjects anyway?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

The clicker must have gotten a fresh breath of air. LOL

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogs will eat any and everything. When I was a kid, a man would come to my grade school and collect garbage for his hogs. Back in those days we called it swill.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,521 - 68,540 of81,563
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mitch McConnell 19 min hovel 23
marcie vause,christian vause charles vause 6 hr rick mitchell davis 1
Diondra Townsend that works at Thorntons 6 hr NeNe 1
christian vause ( chris vause) 6 hr rick mitchell davis 3
Chantal at United Parcel Service, Louisville, KY 11 hr BarefootJoe 1
Amanda Hale / B H Wreaths 12 hr Lol 2
Who is Alison Lundergan Grimes? 12 hr going down 5
•••
•••