Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,426)

Showing posts 68,501 - 68,520 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Everybody's incendiary, nuts and disagreed with, Cool Whee!!!
I surely do, it makes my screen colorful. Hip HIp Hurrah LOL
W KY Girl

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Chicken kidneys are located in the cavity alongside the backbone of a chicken. They can usually be found if you get breasts with the backbone still attached. They are about the size of a thumb nail and do look kind of like a brain IF you can get one out without crushing it. We eat a lot of them and don't even know it. I think that thing is way too big to be a kidney. It may be a gizzard.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Surely appreciate the flames, I have been having a bit of trouble keeping my fire lit. LOL
W KY Girl

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I don't believe everything that some self-professed man or woman of God says either. There are a lot of misguided folks out there as well as many who satan is using to lead people astray and cause confusion. A lot of the time we can tell the frauds because the bible tells us how to know just by looking at the person - how they act, how they live their life, how they treat other people, etc. A good tree produces good fruit, a bad tree produces bad fruit - same for people.
Matthew 7:15 “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17 So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So then, you will know them by their fruits.
21 “Not everyone who says to Me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them,‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’
W KY Girl

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

The bible goes on to describe "fruit" in:
Galatians 5:19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
W KY Girl

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Even the Apostle Paul said-- whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know. But if a near death experience causes one to repent and seek GOD, that is good for them but my faith is stronger than that.
AW, Jesus says that you are blessed...

John 20: 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Appears the rain is over. Now I can get back outside. Good Day to all.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
whether that theory is true or false is really irrelevant to me, but I can see where the depletion of oxygen might cause one to be more agitated than peaceful. I have stood by the bedside of many loved ones as they passed over, and whether they saw a "light at the end of the tunnel" or not is also irrelevant. They knew and I knew that there was something better in store and the pain and suffering was over and many smiled. If a near death exerience has caused someone to repent and follow GOD, that is great and they can relay their stories to others that might need it, but I don't.
It is raining here now. Is the rain Science or God watering the earth? or both? Does it really matter?
It's drizzling here, but the sky is lightening up. Hope the sunshine comes out.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Surely appreciate the flames, I have been having a bit of trouble keeping my fire lit. LOL
Those flames do help when there is a chill in the air. A few more of them, and we may be able to cut down on our heating bills. LOL

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
Chicken kidneys are located in the cavity alongside the backbone of a chicken. They can usually be found if you get breasts with the backbone still attached. They are about the size of a thumb nail and do look kind of like a brain IF you can get one out without crushing it. We eat a lot of them and don't even know it. I think that thing is way too big to be a kidney. It may be a gizzard.
I think you are right...that looks like a gizzard. But I learned something. I didn't know where the chicken's kidneys were. I saw what you are talking about, ate it many times, but thought it was just a bit of clotted blood.
W KY Girl

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are right...that looks like a gizzard. But I learned something. I didn't know where the chicken's kidneys were. I saw what you are talking about, ate it many times, but thought it was just a bit of clotted blood.
Hi Oglala. Those kidneys are pretty gross looking to me. lol I suppose we have ate plenty of them. Have you ever noticed two tiny little rice shaped yellow things stuck usually to the clear membrane inside a chicken? They are about the size of...almost as long as a trimmed pinky nail and about 1/4-1/3 as wide - testicles. Chicken trivia! LOL (Well they are "birds!" lol)
W KY Girl

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

@Oglala Also, even though the testicles are located inside the body cavity, they are sometimes removed by cutting through the ribs in the back. Then the rooster is a CAPON! Never seen it done but it sure doesn't sound easy. I bet it's harder on the poor rooster though. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I am thinking that the judge needs some new robes LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

or is going to wear that clicker out. Must be boring just sitting and waiting for someone to post something to click, LOL
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am thinking that the judge needs some new robes LOL
And some anger management. Wow,who is the hater now? haha

59 degrees, sun shining bright, never got any rain. Beautiful day. Just in for a bit. Seen this terrible national news concerning Pikeville. How sad. Those poor people.

Eight children and one adult died in two separate fires in Kentucky and Georgia overnight

PIKEVILLE, Ky
5 Dead In Kentucky Blaze, Including Four Children
In a tragic story out of rural Kentucky today, five family members perished in a deadly blaze when their home caught fire overnight.
http://www.webpronews.com/5-dead-in-kentucky-...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I finished my work outside between rains. It looks like there could be some more coming here soon. Maybe the clicker should eliminate the boredom and back up to Country Hicks original post from 2 years ago and keep on keeping on. LOL That ought to take a few days if their finger holds out. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
And some anger management. Wow,who is the hater now? haha
59 degrees, sun shining bright, never got any rain. Beautiful day. Just in for a bit. Seen this terrible national news concerning Pikeville. How sad. Those poor people.
Eight children and one adult died in two separate fires in Kentucky and Georgia overnight
PIKEVILLE, Ky
5 Dead In Kentucky Blaze, Including Four Children
In a tragic story out of rural Kentucky today, five family members perished in a deadly blaze when their home caught fire overnight.
http://www.webpronews.com/5-dead-in-kentucky-...
Haters = one male, two females. AB, what male despises everyone on here except maybe you? Don't post any names, just think for a minute. LOL.

Horrible about those deaths.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I hate to break the news to you AW, I think you have been dethroned as Chicken George of the bird thread. Tough luck. Lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

@Not me.. Thanks for reminding me as to how blessed I am to only here the dog bark in the wee hours. LOL

Yes, I agree those deaths are tragic. It especially bothers me when young children are involved.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

*hear, not here. Better fix that before the grammar police catch it. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,501 - 68,520 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 5 min Poles 26,176
Mayor announces plan to transform west Louisvil... 2 hr LouisvilleKYreport 9
What is with stupid BLACK people (Sep '13) 5 hr curious 77
Theme park: breast feeding is up to women 5 hr curious 3
Debate: Gay Marriage - Louisville, KY (Jul '10) 16 hr LouisvilleKYreport 279
mike bartley 22 hr sailaway 1
do you know jessica blair (Dec '09) Sat da guy 6
•••
•••