Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
68,421 - 68,440 of 81,588 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Back out to enjoy the day until dark and the temps drop. Have a good one everyone.
I plan too. This old dude has finally got a dinner date LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

I have been nowhere except to Church and the store since the first of November. Never even saw another human being during Christmas week through New Years. My friend did come for pizza and a movie last Friday night. So I am due to go our someplace nice. I can't compete with AB's social life LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps she was talking about a different kind than we Southern guys remember. Maybe give her the benefit of the doubt since she once lived in the North East and is just now learning the lingo. LOL
I bet she doesn't even know "Work from can to can't". She probably uses something like "toil from sunrise until sunset". No doubt does not know "shat the door" or "drap that thar oft" or "carry me over yander to the store". LOL
LOL AW, you're probably right. I forgot about Lala being a former Northener. So many Northern folks moving Southward, the court systems are soon have to hire a Hillbilly/Yankee interpeter to go along with the Spanish one. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yay!!! I would make her pay the extra if she super sizes the order. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I have been nowhere except to Church and the store since the first of November. Never even saw another human being during Christmas week through New Years. My friend did come for pizza and a movie last Friday night. So I am due to go our someplace nice. I can't compete with AB's social life LOL
That's for sure AW, a 18 year old couldn't keep up with the notorious "Cougar". Hehehehe.
capitalize

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
@gates of hell: Hell, hell, who the hell cares. Are you the grammar police now, or Bible etiquette police LOL....you get the idea anyway.
I didn't know hell was a proper noun, and even if it is I wouldn't take the effort to capitalize it just like I don't capitalize zionist or nazi or communist. I consider taking the effort to capitalize as a sign of respect, but there are just some words I have no respect for.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps she was talking about a different kind than we Southern guys remember. Maybe give her the benefit of the doubt since she once lived in the North East and is just now learning the lingo. LOL
I bet she doesn't even know "Work from can to can't". She probably uses something like "toil from sunrise until sunset". No doubt does not know "shat the door" or "drap that thar oft" or "carry me over yander to the store". LOL
Yes, I'm still learning the lingo of the South. You folks have the most colorful descriptive language. I love it. When I first came here, people were talking about a holler, and I thought they meant shouting. I knew what "no count" meant...but I couldn't imagine where,when angry, someone would say, "I'll stomp a mudhole in your azz and walk it dry." Then I figured out how someone could literally stomp a mudhole in Kentucky's rather damp, clay ground. It took a couple of weeks for our neighbors to understand us and we, them, but eventually we got messages across. I know the difference between "redneck" and "plain country" now and when I think that I have mastered the lingo, someone comes up with another colorful phrase.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

capitalize wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know hell was a proper noun, and even if it is I wouldn't take the effort to capitalize it just like I don't capitalize zionist or nazi or communist. I consider taking the effort to capitalize as a sign of respect, but there are just some words I have no respect for.
My oh my!!! I was just making a wisecrack toward the origninal poster, I never thought this little line would cause such a stir. Good grief. I do not respect the "h" place nor the inhabitant thereof, so please give me a break. Besides, I have an excuse. My hubby was an English professor before he retired, so I just absorbed grammatical style through osmosis. LOL. Please pay attention to LOL. It is not intended to be serious. Just to make myself clear, I DO NOT respect you know who.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I listen to him now and then. I agree that he comes off as a little "overzealous" or I'd also say crazy. lol But he often admits being severly ADD/ADHD so that doesn't help him much.:) You ought to try to read one of his books! lol I wasn't really listening too close this morning so I'm not sure what his stand is. I did catch the part about Al Gore selling his tv station to Al Jazeera. He refused to sell it to Glen Beck "because their ideology is so different." lol Yet he sells it to an enemy of the US which was founded on Arab "big oil"... even though he (Gore) is the big global warming guru that he is. Oh well, money talks... I suppose $500 million speaks very loudly. lol
You have to forgive Al Gore. He's just a simpleton! LOL
gates of hell

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
My oh my!!! I was just making a wisecrack toward the origninal poster, I never thought this little line would cause such a stir. Good grief. I do not respect the "h" place nor the inhabitant thereof, so please give me a break. Besides, I have an excuse. My hubby was an English professor before he retired, so I just absorbed grammatical style through osmosis. LOL. Please pay attention to LOL. It is not intended to be serious. Just to make myself clear, I DO NOT respect you know who.
I was just bustin' your chops ; )

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
AW, I'm going to have to talk with Lala, when she wakes up from her nap. I can't believe she was on here talking about fracking. My, my.
LOL You are right!!!I just now figured out how you were interpreting "fracking." I usually don't use cuss words, but, not being perfect, I have fallen off the wagon from time to time. However, the euphemism that we would have used up North is "friggin." LOL

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope that you had a good time on your dinner date. That's a nice thing...going out, having pleasant conversation, and hopefully, good food. Did you go out tonight or cook for the lucky lady?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL AW, you're probably right. I forgot about Lala being a former Northener. So many Northern folks moving Southward, the court systems are soon have to hire a Hillbilly/Yankee interpeter to go along with the Spanish one. LOL.
You're right. When I moved down here, we ran into people from our old neighborhoods up North. In addition, the moving company people asked me what is going on in central Kentucky. Apparently, they had lots of recent customers from up North moving to this ares. I told them that the secret of the slower pace of life and the beauty of the region was finally getting out. I surely hope that not too many people invade this corner of the country, but I have noticed that in the past 15 years, there has been a huge buildup of population here. Hope that this place doesn't lose its country charm with too many people coming here to live.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

gates of hell wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just bustin' your chops ; )

I figured that out, but sometimes it takes awhile for the light bulb to go on.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope that you had a good time on your dinner date. That's a nice thing...going out, having pleasant conversation, and hopefully, good food. Did you go out tonight or cook for the lucky lady?
Bo, we went out to a nice local restaurant. I ate too much, but I just could not pass up the chocolate cream pie. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Bo? instead of No, and I only had coffee LOL

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Another long day.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm still learning the lingo of the South. You folks have the most colorful descriptive language. I love it. When I first came here, people were talking about a holler, and I thought they meant shouting. I knew what "no count" meant...but I couldn't imagine where,when angry, someone would say, "I'll stomp a mudhole in your azz and walk it dry." Then I figured out how someone could literally stomp a mudhole in Kentucky's rather damp, clay ground. It took a couple of weeks for our neighbors to understand us and we, them, but eventually we got messages across. I know the difference between "redneck" and "plain country" now and when I think that I have mastered the lingo, someone comes up with another colorful phrase.
More Colorful Phrases:
Dumber than a coal bucket, smarter than a box of rocks, slicker than a greased pig, colder than a well digger's azz, as dead as a dog, as slow as molasses in winter, and the one that I am always tagged with "as stubborn as a mule". LOL

curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

sooo what is your take on the "unexplained" loud booms being heard across the country? just wondering.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

the birds wrote:
are dead give it a rest for pete's sake.
But Pete is dead also and most likely don't have any sake.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••