Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81773 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#81452 Jan 8, 2013
Una.. some people are just silly. I don't see any thing at all incendiary or mean about your prior post, as if we care LOL

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81456 Jan 8, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if I did offend.
No, you did not offend. I was just being a little sarcastic with the poster with the moniker gates of hell, whoever he may be. Saw only 1 post from him and I thought it might have been Sybil. But my comment was directed toward that person, not you.

The only problem with posting is that sometimes when you are just having a little fun, it can be taken the wrong way. In face to face communication you have facial expressions, tone of voice, and use of gestures to make your intent clear. When you rely only on the keyboard and a computer screen, you lose all of the other components of communication.

Level 1

Location hidden

#81457 Jan 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not think it was your post that was the keeper of the gate and even so, Oglala is not easily offended. I have never seen your location say "Pikeville".
@Oglala.. I know what you mean about sleeping. I do not recall when I last slept a full night. I sleep 3 or 4 hours, wake up for few and then sleep some more. I blame it on the dog, but it is really me. LOL
I think that these irregular sleep patterns may be related to just getting a little older. When I was young, I could sleep away, and get up, feeling refreshed. Now, it's a couple of hours on and off for sleep. I tried eliminating my afternoon nap, to get a full night's sleep, but it did not work.

Level 1

Location hidden

#81458 Jan 8, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Good morning, Roaming, Uglylala, AW, and Humpaburn you didn't offend anyone, that was just Sybil using Lalas name. It looks like a beautiful day in store.
No, that was me, Uglylala, responding to the poster called gates of hell. I thought it was really Sybil, so I tried to be "clever" but it didn't come out that way. I was just playing with the word "hell." Next time I will try not to put my foot in my mouth.

Level 1

Location hidden

#81459 Jan 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Nope... My sister's friend says his plants are popping through the ground now. I don't worry about a sleep schedule. I just sleep whenever and I am always up to enjoy the mornings. Coffee does not bother me either, I can drink 2 or 3 cups and go right to sleep. Tea is a different story. I drink that stuff and I am wired.
I read somewhere, I believe it was either Einstein or Edison that tried to do without sleep by sleeping or resting for 15 minutes out of each hour.
I'm the same way, AW I can drink coffee and fall right to sleep, but I will pop up awake in only a couple of hours, if that. I think that it was Einstein who rested 15 min. out of an hour.

I hope that we don't have an early spring only to be plunged back in winter. I have a beautiful tulip tree in the front your. The blooms are absolutely gorgeous. What often happens is that the buds start maturing early, then a cold snap hits and all those buds getting ready for a full bloom are frozen on the branches.
W KY Girl

Lockport, IL

#81460 Jan 8, 2013
Good (late) morning everybody. I had sleep issues last night too then ended up oversleeping. My outdoor thermometer says 59 degrees!

Did any of you hear Glen Beck talking about "fracking" this morning?

Level 1

Location hidden

#81461 Jan 8, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
Good (late) morning everybody. I had sleep issues last night too then ended up oversleeping. My outdoor thermometer says 59 degrees!
Did any of you hear Glen Beck talking about "fracking" this morning?
No. Once in awhile I catch his new show. I think that the man has some useful information to convey, but he gets overzealous and people get to thinking he's crazy. I do know that his stance on fracking is to eliminate it. Fracking can be done safely, but the problem is that companies like BP, are more interested in money than safety.

Level 1

Location hidden

#81462 Jan 8, 2013
Did most of my chores earlier today, so now I can take a short nap. Stein has already jumped on the bed. Will be back later.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#81463 Jan 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Una.. some people are just silly. I don't see any thing at all incendiary or mean about your prior post, as if we care LOL
For the 2 that disagreed with this, I was speaking specifically about UNA's post to wish AB a good morning and a hope for spring. I still do not see anything "mean" about that. My opinion is that the judge icons are for the post and not the person or previous posts. Surely UNA can quite often be mean spirited and deserves to get the mean click when that happens, but not for a simple "Good Morning".

But in any case, I do not really care and am only making an observation.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#81464 Jan 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Yes they are AW. I don't see anything wrong with my post either, just saying good morning. True, we don't care. I'm not out to win a popularity contese anyway. Lol.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81465 Jan 8, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that was me, Uglylala, responding to the poster called gates of hell. I thought it was really Sybil, so I tried to be "clever" but it didn't come out that way. I was just playing with the word "hell." Next time I will try not to put my foot in my mouth.
Sorry, I was a little off on that one. Although Sybil was the instigator of the capital "H"ell topic. Lol. You and Humpaburn were correct. The word hell was used as a noun & the name of a place.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81466 Jan 8, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are AW. I don't see anything wrong with my post either, just saying good morning. True, we don't care. I'm not out to win a popularity contese anyway. Lol.
*contest. This modern day technology is killing me :)))
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#81467 Jan 8, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
*contest. This modern day technology is killing me :)))
I know what you mean, I was trying to type in a word yesterday and the technology added two adjectives that totally distorted the meaning. I erased their additions and they just kept coming back. Finally, I suppose I changed to a different word that the technology did not recognize. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81468 Jan 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean, I was trying to type in a word yesterday and the technology added two adjectives that totally distorted the meaning. I erased their additions and they just kept coming back. Finally, I suppose I changed to a different word that the technology did not recognize. LOL
From what I hear the newer stuff is even worse. I think I'm going to have to buy another computer pretty soon. Sometimes Internet Explorer quits working and shuts down. I have downloaded the latest version, but it still does it from time to time. It's getting kind of old and worn out like me. Lol.
W KY Girl

Milwaukee, WI

#81469 Jan 8, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Once in awhile I catch his new show. I think that the man has some useful information to convey, but he gets overzealous and people get to thinking he's crazy. I do know that his stance on fracking is to eliminate it. Fracking can be done safely, but the problem is that companies like BP, are more interested in money than safety.
I listen to him now and then. I agree that he comes off as a little "overzealous" or I'd also say crazy. lol But he often admits being severly ADD/ADHD so that doesn't help him much.:) You ought to try to read one of his books! lol I wasn't really listening too close this morning so I'm not sure what his stand is. I did catch the part about Al Gore selling his tv station to Al Jazeera. He refused to sell it to Glen Beck "because their ideology is so different." lol Yet he sells it to an enemy of the US which was founded on Arab "big oil"... even though he (Gore) is the big global warming guru that he is. Oh well, money talks... I suppose $500 million speaks very loudly. lol
W KY Girl

Milwaukee, WI

#81470 Jan 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
For the 2 that disagreed with this, I was speaking specifically about UNA's post to wish AB a good morning and a hope for spring. I still do not see anything "mean" about that. My opinion is that the judge icons are for the post and not the person or previous posts. Surely UNA can quite often be mean spirited and deserves to get the mean click when that happens, but not for a simple "Good Morning".
But in any case, I do not really care and am only making an observation.
I suppose I am missing out on a lot since I can't see the judge icons, locations, and a few other things from what I am posting on. I guess that is why I'm not too sure what folks are talking about sometimes. But like you I really don't care either. lol
Hope you're having a nice day AW.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81471 Jan 8, 2013
AW, I'm going to have to talk with Lala, when she wakes up from her nap. I can't believe she was on here talking about fracking. My, my.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#81474 Jan 8, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
AW, I'm going to have to talk with Lala, when she wakes up from her nap. I can't believe she was on here talking about fracking. My, my.
Perhaps she was talking about a different kind than we Southern guys remember. Maybe give her the benefit of the doubt since she once lived in the North East and is just now learning the lingo. LOL

I bet she doesn't even know "Work from can to can't". She probably uses something like "toil from sunrise until sunset". No doubt does not know "shat the door" or "drap that thar oft" or "carry me over yander to the store". LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81476 Jan 8, 2013
NOT OJG...true statement.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81477 Jan 8, 2013
Back out to enjoy the day until dark and the temps drop. Have a good one everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ku Klux Klan rally nearing 26 min doa 16
jim brown auto sales louisville ky 1 hr kelley bowles 2
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 2 hr honeymylove 8,073
Stripper who is it? 3 hr Pope Apathy 12
Loan sharks 3 hr lovebadgals 5
david powell and kim massey need address and wi... 7 hr lovebadgirls 3
Street Hookers (Jun '10) 9 hr lovebadgals 39
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages