Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Nikkiee

Cadiz, KY

#81328 Jan 7, 2013
Guys, fireworks scare birds. They have heart attacks during New Years every year. That's the reason they keep dying.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#81329 Jan 7, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
haha, I use to watch it with my Dad when racing was really racing, skill and fast cars were more exciting. The more they "restrict" drivers and their cars the less exciting it is. I still miss the "3" sneaking up on them out of the back of the pack. I hope to go to the Kentucky Speedway for a race. It is on my bucket list. lol
Ya know AB I have a list of things I need to do that I don't want to do. The name of my list sounds similar to your bucket list. Hehehe.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81330 Jan 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Break time. My truck load of wood is now back down to the house to be unloaded and without the rooster driving it. I did do almost what you described a couple years ago but it was not the rooster, but the dog.
I went into the bait shop in August and left the truck running for a/c for the dog and left the brake off. When I came out the dog was driving around backwards in big circles. Chasing it down was a bit embarrassing but luckily no one saw it and the dog did not run into any other vehicles. I revoked his driver's license after that. LOL
Poor dog. Lol. That's some funny stuff.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81331 Jan 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Last year was such a traffic mess that my son was hung out on the road for 7 hours and never made it to the track. They sent him free tickets for this past years' truck, Nationwide, and Sprint cup races. They have since reworked the access coming off the interstates and when he went this year, he said the access was much easier. I have been there and to Talledega twice. But I won't ever go back to Bristol, it is uphill walking both ways. LOL I never cared much for Earnhardt.
I had a couple co-workers that went and never made it to the track either. This year they had no problem and said the Kentucky track was a lot of them's favorite practice track. I loved Dale Sr, mostly influenced by my Dad and two brothers I guess, and now we root for Jr. I don't schedule my time around a race like I do UK games and it will be on for four hours while I do laundry, dishes, etc..stopping to watch rerun clips of big wrecks or a come from behind wins. A lot of people thought Dale Sr was too arrogant and a dirty driver. I didn't though. I enjoyed the old banging and shuffling of cars getting positions. These days there is just too many rules and a lot of new drivers. Guess it is the "next" generation of drivers. lol

Glad the rooster didn't take off with the hens like Una suggested. haha, I could see dog enjoying his AC and round a bout driving. lol
I don't know if you ever clicked on that video I posted about the driving dog. A true story and an amazing concept for service dogs.
NotGood

Berea, KY

#81332 Jan 7, 2013
okay everybody it's not looking good more birds have died and not only birds but now squirrels, deer, raccoons. all the animals are dying I think it's some type of virus that maybe a retrovirus that's spreading that could possibly spread to humans..oh no...nooooo!! Oh my gosh zombies! Zombies are appearing in western kentucky now. Its the end of the world, its the end of mankind, its...its....all bullcrap people lololol. Ha ha I crack myself up
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81333 Jan 7, 2013
Nikkiee wrote:
Guys, fireworks scare birds. They have heart attacks during New Years every year. That's the reason they keep dying.
Sorry Nikkiee, most of us don't believe that, but we did some extensive research on it. I think we narrowed it down to methane gas escaping earth, mass poisoning by farmers, or the use of HAARP out of Alaska, maybe use of HAARP/Chemtrails for whatever they are actually using that machine for...weather manipulation, military manuevers, deflect solar flares or an EMP attack. We may never know, but we covered all possibilities pretty much. Most just weren't buying the fireworks. Lots of dead fish appeared on the banks all over the world too at pretty much the same time.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81334 Jan 7, 2013
NotGood wrote:
okay everybody it's not looking good more birds have died and not only birds but now squirrels, deer, raccoons. all the animals are dying I think it's some type of virus that maybe a retrovirus that's spreading that could possibly spread to humans..oh no...nooooo!! Oh my gosh zombies! Zombies are appearing in western kentucky now. Its the end of the world, its the end of mankind, its...its....all bullcrap people lololol. Ha ha I crack myself up
I have no doubt whatsoever of Zombies in Western Ky. I know of at least one.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81335 Jan 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Break time. My truck load of wood is now back down to the house to be unloaded and without the rooster driving it. I did do almost what you described a couple years ago but it was not the rooster, but the dog.
I went into the bait shop in August and left the truck running for a/c for the dog and left the brake off. When I came out the dog was driving around backwards in big circles. Chasing it down was a bit embarrassing but luckily no one saw it and the dog did not run into any other vehicles. I revoked his driver's license after that. LOL
Hubby occasionally goes to the speedway, but he prefers to watch on t.v. A couple of years ago, I went all out for his anniversary gift. He had always said that he would like to go to a NASCAR race just once. I forgot what state it was in, but I bought him a ticket. Cost me nearly a thousand dollars when gas and everything else was factored in. After a long, hot drive to the place,he had to walk several miles to get to the speedway, and several miles back to his truck. He was one tired dude at the end of the day. That was the end of his talk about seeing a live race.

Level 1

Location hidden

#81336 Jan 7, 2013
Ooops, AW. I meant my reply for AB. I must still be in my "zombie" fog. Just woke up from a nap. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81337 Jan 7, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Hubby occasionally goes to the speedway, but he prefers to watch on t.v. A couple of years ago, I went all out for his anniversary gift. He had always said that he would like to go to a NASCAR race just once. I forgot what state it was in, but I bought him a ticket. Cost me nearly a thousand dollars when gas and everything else was factored in. After a long, hot drive to the place,he had to walk several miles to get to the speedway, and several miles back to his truck. He was one tired dude at the end of the day. That was the end of his talk about seeing a live race.
I finished my outside work, now having lunch and tv time. I agree, it is much nicer watching from a recliner and get the commentary. I doubt that I will ever go again, besides after I retired that just is not that much $$$. LOL

Level 1

Location hidden

#81338 Jan 7, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in Orlando when the winter park sink hole opened up and swallowed a house and had a taste for fine automobiles, consuming half a dozen new porsches. I drove down fairbanks dr alot and was there the morning the house fell in. Within a few days you could buy tee shirts off the streets with stupid sink hole sayings on them and a hotdog vender set upand made a killing selling hotdogs and lemonade.
The sinkhole that I am talking about is no longer a sinkhole. It is so extensive that it is now called the Napoleonville Salt Dome Collapse. There is an evacuated area of 150 houses. They expect the collapse to reach 1 mile by 2miles in extent. That is huge. To make matters worse, poisonous gasses are seeping into houses, and that is the reason for evacuation. Oil, natural gas, hydrocarbons, methane are seeping out. There were thousands of small earthquakes prior to the sinkhole, then collapse, and seismic activity continues today. Read some of the updates. I found the latest to be December 17, 2012. This is serious business and is well-known locally. The area of sacrifice should be extended, but has not yet. People are still living near that soup with extreme health hazards. Can you guess the reason why it hasn't become national news yet? Hint: Big oil and gas companies are trying their best to hush this. But I don't expect it to be quiet for very much longer. When the spring rains come, they expect further big problems. They have capped one of the well heads but to no avail. They are also trying to vent off gasses by flaming them. Scientists are not certain whether this can be stopped because this has never happened to this extent before. In addition, there are radioactive wastes in close proximit, which may get into the water supply. If you are interested, please google stories about this collapse. This may not impact only Louisiana, but other nearby states if there is a large explosion, or if the small (by the thousands)earthquakes set off the New Madrid fault. There will be plenty of birds falling then. This potential catastrophe may be the reason for all the FEMA activity. Homeland security is also involved in this one.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81339 Jan 7, 2013
lala, those sinkholes are off the main stream news radar for some reason, but there has been a lot of them and it has always worried me about all our caves in reference to the Madrid Fault. Those sinkholes are unbelievable. How horrible for those people. I found a couple sites I thought you might be interested in if you haven't seen them already.

Group wants sinkhole declared federal disaster
Updated: Jan 07, 2013 12:50 PM EST

BAYOU CORNE, LA (WAFB)-
A group is petitioning the Obama administration to get the sinkhole in Assumption Parish declared as a federal disaster, so a federal team can be assigned to the cleanup and investigation.

SLIDESHOW: Giant Louisiana Sinkhole

The Assumption Parish, LA sinkhole continues to grow. The ground opened up on August 3, 2012 and residents were evacuated from their homes. The sinkhole, or slurry, is consuming land and trees.

So far, "We the People" has over 50 signatures, but needs a total of 25,000 before Feb. 4.

The group said 150 homes have been evacuated since August 2012 with no timeline as to when families might be allowed to return.

The petition was drawn up a day after Texas Brine, the owner of the failed salt dome believed to be the cause of the sinkhole, filed an injunction against the state of Louisiana. Click here for more
The company claims exploratory wells ordered by the Office of Conservation commissioner could cause more problems in the area.

Meanwhile, more rumbling was detected around the Bayou Corne site over the weekend.

However, experts said there is no need to worry.

The tremors were connected with a 7.5 magnitude quake that struck off the coast of Alaska.

Experts said the quake was too far away to have any effect on the sinkhole.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/20521963/group-wa...

I wonder how earthquakes play a part in them. Seems like there would be a good chance they did in some way.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81342 Jan 7, 2013
Guess the Florida one I had heard of happened in May 2012. I seen it on the nightly news.

Sinkhole Horror: Family's Florida House About to Be Swallowed

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sinkhole-horror-fami...

This one is interesting as it discusses the Madrid Fault.

Is the main-stream media ignoring America’s sinkhole epidemic?

December 9, 2012 – OHIO – Have you heard of the massive sinkholes popping up around the nation?

Flammable craters spanning acres wide and leaking radiation, monster sinkholes described as ‘apocalyptic’ have forced residents out of homes, expelled radiation into the environment, and are now ushering in concerns about serious Earth changes in the near future. If you’ve heard of these sinkholes, chances are it has been from the alternative media. It’s a hot issue on forums, some social networking sectors, and certain alternative talk radio programs. Sure, it has come up in some mainstream reports here and there, but there are virtually no in-depth pieces tying everything together. And they often fail to mention the scale of these sinkholes, behemoth anomalies that can swallow up 100 foot trees, houses, with the latest Ohio sinkhole devouring 4 football fields of land. Events that are sending residents scrambling. A more serious issue, even beyond the dangers posed by these radiation-leaking sinkholes, is how man-made processes like fracking and excessive drilling are changing the planet on a larger scale. Bloomberg reports that fracking is a likely cause for a dramatic rise (sixfold) in earthquake activity from 2000 to 2011. Not to mention contamination of the water and food supply. Extreme mining practices by Texas Brine and others are also responsible for triggering the sinkholes. So are these actions ‘waking up’ the New Madrid fault line? In case you’re not familiar, the New Madrid fault line was responsible for the legendary 1811-1812 earthquakes dubbed the ‘New Madrid’ earthquakes. Extremely powerful and devastating earthquakes that are the most significant earthquakes to hit the United States in all of recorded history.

As Investment Watch explains, the research indicating fracking and excessive mining in the expansion of earthquakes along the Madrid line reveals a concerning and plausible reality.

It is important to note that the New Madrid fault line includes areas within Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee and Mississippi.

In the event of a large (8.0 or higher) earthquake along the fault line, however, a much greater area would likely be affected. Outside of the repercussions of the sinkholes, such as the radiation issue and major possibility of implosion or massive disruption in the area, what are the larger consequences of invasive fracking? Could a massive disaster be the result of greedy corporations endangering the entire nation?

Furthermore, why is the mainstream media shying away from the issue completely?

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...

You may be right on the FEMA activity and that MAY 2012 National Earthquake Drill comes to mind too.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81344 Jan 7, 2013
Last one, I promise to all that hate copy and paste...

lala, this one site was like the Mass Animal Deaths site A Soldier had posted and is now gone. This one tracks sinkholes. Click on it and see if any of those stories pop up for you. I get a ...

Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

Web Server at sinkhole.org

It has an entry for today that I put in the search engine block to find (the one above):

Here is the site:
http://www.sinkhole.org/news_rss2.php

Wonder about it's implication with the earthquakes?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

FARTSBURG

#81345 Jan 7, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Last one, I promise to all that hate copy and paste...
lala, this one site was like the Mass Animal Deaths site A Soldier had posted and is now gone. This one tracks sinkholes. Click on it and see if any of those stories pop up for you. I get a ...
Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.
Web Server at sinkhole.org
It has an entry for today that I put in the search engine block to find (the one above):
Here is the site:
http://www.sinkhole.org/news_rss2.php
Wonder about it's implication with the earthquakes?
No problem with me, AB. Those copy & paste are news items, not ignorant nonsense :)
nobody

Evansville, IN

#81346 Jan 7, 2013
wow wrote:
Well if you go by the bible then it would mean the 7th seal has been broken and the end of times are near.If you by science there is a reasonable explaination for the birds dying.Myself I think there is something going on here that will end up being explained.I think it is strange how ever that dead birds in 3 states and dead fish being found on the shores.The crazy weather pattern,volcanic activity,earthquakes,tornados in the middle of winter.Makes you think.
they say that the poles are shifting. this creates changes in the magnetic field in the earth, messing with the animals and how they navigate around the world. also, changes in the galaxy is causing changes in the planets magnetosphere. the combination of these are creating changes in the planets and animals and how they act and react to things around them. if the birds cant navigate well enough to leave out of the cold weather then they stay and some may be starving to death as well as starving with there being little to no food of what they would normally have during the warmer months.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#81349 Jan 7, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in Orlando when the winter park sink hole opened up and swallowed a house and had a taste for fine automobiles, consuming half a dozen new porsches. I drove down fairbanks dr alot and was there the morning the house fell in. Within a few days you could buy tee shirts off the streets with stupid sink hole sayings on them and a hotdog vender set upand made a killing selling hotdogs and lemonade.
Have you by chance ever been to The Handle Bar and Grille, now closed. Or the Foxhead Lounge, either 1 or 2? The Foxhead #2 location is now called The Shovelhead Lounge, but the original Foxhead in Osteen is still open... How about The Bar Out Back? Or long ago, a place called Uncle Nicks?

#81350 Jan 7, 2013
AB and Lala, this was the first that I've heard of that massive sink in Louisiana.. I'm shocked. Is the media really keeping this that quiet, or have I been so out of the news of the world loop lately that I've missed this story?? The whole thing is frightening, yet interesting at the same time.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81351 Jan 7, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
AB and Lala, this was the first that I've heard of that massive sink in Louisiana.. I'm shocked. Is the media really keeping this that quiet, or have I been so out of the news of the world loop lately that I've missed this story?? The whole thing is frightening, yet interesting at the same time.
Hello Nope, you are right about that, frightening, yet interesting. I remember seeing the one in Florida last year. I hadn't realized it was as far back as May, but I had not heard of Louisina's until lala mentioned it. It is really something. I worry a big 7.7 mag earthquake like Alaska had will trigger the whole earth beneath us...especially the Madrid Fault. Just look at this map without even scrolling down and see all the white icons for earthquakes today, blinking ones occuring with each 60 second refresh it does. There were also those Madrid Fault areas like Tennessee, Missouri, and Arizona that had earthquakes today....

those sinkholes concern me like all of our Kentucky caves. Something to think about.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

#81354 Jan 7, 2013
(Seems to be a shift of some sort going on in THIS thread as well. However I think it may be more of a BiPolar shift as opposed to a Magnetic/Pole Shift)....

~~~~

AB, I've been scouring the web on that Louisiana sink. Quite amazing. And I agree on the New Madrid Fault. If that thing blows anywhere close to how it did in the 1800's, we're certain to see mass casualties. Not to mention what would probably be a drastic change in geography.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah annanice reece 4 hr Maverick 808 3
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 4 hr Maverick 808 7,943
Why did Wave 3 Kevin & Carrie harned get divorce? (Aug '13) 8 hr Geff 42
Man charged with getting forged prescriptions 10 hr tony 1
watch out for sprint 11 hr Kramer 1
Tymberwood trace apts 12 hr Ready to move 7
cts russell half way house (Mar '11) 12 hr Roo 63
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:13 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:13PM
Colts hope to avoid distractions of Dallas stadium - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:50 PM
Bengals heading back into withering spotlight - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 6:32 PM
Week 16 skill-position injury report — Thursday
Bleacher Report 7:22 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Complete Week 16 Preview for Denver
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why Do the Colts Still Insist on Feeding Trent Richardson?