Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81699 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81248 Jan 6, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what, I agree with you a lot but there is another side to that. A few short weeks ago "some people" were giving AB pure hell. I wasn't real sure what was going on and thought there might be something that had gone on to cause it. I hate to put it this way but I wondered if MAYBE she had done something to ask for it. I did not know so I stayed out of it. But HONESTLY, I could see that it was EXTREMELY UNFAIR and they were just being bullies. But still I kept my mouth shut. Now for no reason I am the object of their bullying. What's that saying, "they came for so and so but it didn't affect me so I didn't say anything, then they came for somebody else but it didn't affect me so again I didn't say anything, then they came for ME and there wasn't anybody left to stand up with me." I was wrong in not saying anything! If everybody would stand up to bullies their bullying wouldn't be so simple and they might actually stop. Even in the schools today, they are teaching kids that if they see another kid being bullied that they should step in and not ignore it. It is said that if you don't step in and help the person you are just as guilty as the bully. There has always been bullying and there always will be but it has got so bad that a lot of children have committed suicide over it, A LOT of them! And even adults have committed suicide over internet bullying. It is not in any way a joke. And not to mention the kids who are bullied so bad and they get so full of rage that they end up going to school and killing a bunch of people.
No, AB did not do anything wrong, but she did fuel the fire by fighting back. It is not that important to get upset about. I've occasionally been the target of a few jabs, but it didn't bother me at all. I just kept posting about subjects that were of interest to me and I mostly kept my cool. The discord diminished. AB didn't get "run off" the thread, I don't believe. I think that she may have had social activities to attend. I don't find topix negative talk "bullying." In order to bully, someone has to know who you are, perhaps where you live, your personal weaknesses; etc. A few of us have exchanged personal e-mails, and keep in touch off of topix. I am a Christian and of strong faith, but I have found that arguing about religion is futile. People have strong feelings about that issue, and jabs at each other's beliefs just keeps the rancor alive.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81249 Jan 6, 2013
My tip for the day, late night now, I guess.
Respond to kind words with kind words.
Respond to negative words with kind words.
It has worked for me, except when I fell off the wagon a time or two. Hope everyone sleeps peacefully, and Lord willing, I'll be back here tomorrow.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#81250 Jan 6, 2013
Well, another chilly one.
What's up?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#81252 Jan 6, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
A "church" is not necessary for anybody to be saved. There are thousands of people in countries that are CLOSED TO THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST, meaning no church is allowed in that country, no bible, no missionaries, no Christion television/radio, nothing!!! Still, people are being saved every single day because the Holy Spirit of God is working and Jesus Christ HIMSELF in spirit form is visiting those hopeless lost people bringing them the truth.
IT IS BEYOND ARROGANT TO THINK THAT GOD "NEEDS" A CHURCH OR A PREACHER OR A MISSIONARY OR EVEN A BIBLE IN ORDER TO SAVE A SOUL.
A Person has to hear the Gospel to be saved. No way around it.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#81258 Jan 6, 2013
Oglala wrote:
My tip for the day, late night now, I guess.
Respond to kind words with kind words.
Respond to negative words with kind words.
It has worked for me, except when I fell off the wagon a time or two. Hope everyone sleeps peacefully, and Lord willing, I'll be back here tomorrow.
Hello Uglylala; I haven't got to speak to you today. You can't trust me. I will pretend to be nice and bait you so I can be mean to you. LOL. Now that is what Nope and W Ky Girl said about me. So it has got to be the truth. Ahahahahah.

Anyway, I hope you had a very nice day. I can speak for myself and don't need them to speak for me. I honestly don't have anything mean to say to you at all. I think you are a nice and honest person. Have a good and restful night. Teddy Fartman.
W KY Girl

United States

#81260 Jan 6, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
No, AB did not do anything wrong, but she did fuel the fire by fighting back. It is not that important to get upset about. I've occasionally been the target of a few jabs, but it didn't bother me at all. I just kept posting about subjects that were of interest to me and I mostly kept my cool. The discord diminished. AB didn't get "run off" the thread, I don't believe. I think that she may have had social activities to attend. I don't find topix negative talk "bullying." In order to bully, someone has to know who you are, perhaps where you live, your personal weaknesses; etc. A few of us have exchanged personal e-mails, and keep in touch off of topix. I am a Christian and of strong faith, but I have found that arguing about religion is futile. People have strong feelings about that issue, and jabs at each other's beliefs just keeps the rancor alive.
I was not talking about AB being ran off the thread. I am talkiing about the people from a year or so ago that y'all talk about.
I don't believe in arguing about religion either. But as a Christian it is our duty to clear it up when somebody presents a lie as truth. There are people depending on us to see and hear the truth. I take that very seriously because one day God will ask us, "What did you do?" in whatever situation. If somebody comes in here and gives a beautiful presentation of Islam or whatever - it is not my job to attack them or fight with them. But it is my job to give them the best presentation of Jesus that I can. What they do with it is not my problem. Yeah I know I take this a lot more serious than most people do and it is very controversial.
Just saying

United States

#81276 Jan 6, 2013
Just show love if your a true christian thats your only job, thats what jesus did for usand thats what he wants us to do.....
W KY Girl

United States

#81278 Jan 6, 2013
"Who is Isa Al Masih? The Man in White"
Isa is "Jesus" in Arabic. Isa Al Masih means Jesus the Messiah.
He is also called by many "the man in white" because He is appearing to many in dreams and visions dressed in a shining white robe. Those people are coming to faith because of those dreams and visions. This website has many of their stories.

http://isaalmasih.net/isa/dreamsofisa.html
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#81280 Jan 6, 2013
Wow, no wonder my ears were burning. I thought I was getting feverish. lol No one has run me off my favorite thread. I am not mad at anyone, would like to keep it that way, nor do I debate politics and religion. I have stated that many times.

Been at some friends for the last couple nights watching the NFL Playoffs. I only cared about the Vikings/Packers game yesterday. I like basketball. Mostly UK basketball. haha I came home to watch Person of Interest and The Good Wife.

Hope everyone had a good evening.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#81281 Jan 6, 2013
For lala, I love this story and many others like it. It sure pays to chip your pet at the Vets:

Vanilla the Cat Reunited With Owners After 9 Long, Lost Years

They say cats have nine lives, and for one Siamese cat yesterday in San Francisco, after nine long, lost years, he was finally reunited with the people he shared his first life with.

To see the cat and read the story:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/01...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#81282 Jan 6, 2013
Romans 10:13-17. The gospel must be preached and the gospel must be heard. Believe your make it up as you go if you want, but don't decieve others with your nonsense that has no scriptural support. If God called preachers aren't needed they are wasting their time and God wouldn't call them. Jesus hand picked his twelve and is still calling them today. Your doctrines are very feeble with no Biblical backing or foundation.
W KY Girl

United States

#81285 Jan 6, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Wow, no wonder my ears were burning. I thought I was getting feverish. lol No one has run me off my favorite thread. I am not mad at anyone, would like to keep it that way, nor do I debate politics and religion. I have stated that many times.
Been at some friends for the last couple nights watching the NFL Playoffs. I only cared about the Vikings/Packers game yesterday. I like basketball. Mostly UK basketball. haha I came home to watch Person of Interest and The Good Wife.
Hope everyone had a good evening.
Hi AB. I am glad to see you are up and out again. I had a pretty good weekend too. I got to get out and do a few things and see some friends with my man. It was good!:)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#81286 Jan 6, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
"Who is Isa Al Masih? The Man in White"
Isa is "Jesus" in Arabic. Isa Al Masih means Jesus the Messiah.
He is also called by many "the man in white" because He is appearing to many in dreams and visions dressed in a shining white robe. Those people are coming to faith because of those dreams and visions. This website has many of their stories.
http://isaalmasih.net/isa/dreamsofisa.html
BS. That website nor any other is the Word of God. I believe only the Bible story. Mankind believes a lot of things. That is Satans job, to present falseness.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#81288 Jan 6, 2013
I figured it was the reason for the big gaps between the posts. Have you been bad? lol

I am wearing my soft kitty night shirt and pink fluffy socks and yes they are Downy fresh. I sang the song for you a couple nights ago, didn't you hear it? haha

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#81289 Jan 6, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Wow, no wonder my ears were burning. I thought I was getting feverish. lol No one has run me off my favorite thread. I am not mad at anyone, would like to keep it that way, nor do I debate politics and religion. I have stated that many times.
Been at some friends for the last couple nights watching the NFL Playoffs. I only cared about the Vikings/Packers game yesterday. I like basketball. Mostly UK basketball. haha I came home to watch Person of Interest and The Good Wife.
Hope everyone had a good evening.
Good evening AB. You are correct. No one ran you off. I know you are a sincere person. Now, I will warn you. Nope and W Ky Girl said, I bait people by being nice to them for a while, then being mean to them. Of course you know they would never never lie. LOL. Watch out I will jump through your screen and bite your nose off. Ahahahah. I think you know me well enough by now, if I have something to say I will say it and don't need anyone speaking for me.

Well, anyway AB I hope you have had a very nice and joyful day. I had a very good day. This morning we had a young guest preacher at church. He brought a very nice sermon straight out of the Holy Bible. Our ministers don't use notes or written sermons. We are kind of old fashion, I guess you would say, nothing fancy just country folks. Lol. Have a restful evening. Teddy Fartman.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#81290 Jan 6, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi AB. I am glad to see you are up and out again. I had a pretty good weekend too. I got to get out and do a few things and see some friends with my man. It was good!:)
I really didn't want to go. It was too cold to get out, but they wouldn't leave me alone about. I am still sluggish from this virus kicking my butt. I am tired of taking medicine. This second round Doctor trip and new prescriptions better do it. I am about out of patience with it. lol I need a tropical vacation. haha
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#81292 Jan 6, 2013
Off to bed I go. I hope everyone has a peaceful night.

GOODNIGHT!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#81293 Jan 6, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
I figured it was the reason for the big gaps between the posts. Have you been bad? lol
I am wearing my soft kitty night shirt and pink fluffy socks and yes they are Downy fresh. I sang the song for you a couple nights ago, didn't you hear it? haha
LOL, the soft kitty. My clothes were Gain fresh this morning. I think it's wearing kind of thin now. I sleep in a t-shirt and Sponge Bob Square panties. You know that's a sight to behold. I'm not gay, they just feel soft and don't chafe my tootie. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#81294 Jan 6, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Off to bed I go. I hope everyone has a peaceful night.
GOODNIGHT!
Good night AB.
Fact

Winchester, KY

#81295 Jan 6, 2013
Hope that virus just jumps on outta you, good weather coming , open dem winders ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So many people who leave Kentucky, come back. ... (Jul '07) 7 min Really 471
christian vause ( chris vAUSE) at cardinal alu... 6 hr Anon 3
News POLICE: 50-year-old Louisville man tried to mee... 6 hr Anon 2
Feed Me On the Couch 10 hr Daddy 18
Louisville Music Thread (Dec '14) 12 hr Doobie Time 7
confederate scum 12 hr yankee 1
song title game 14 hr Doobie Time 28

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages