Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,410)

Showing posts 68,181 - 68,200 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
W KY Girl

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Chris Tian wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way to be a Christian is to aspire to be as much like Christ as possible. How many Christians do you know even come close?
According to the bible, the ONLY way to be a Christian is to:
1. realize you are a sinful person,
2. be willing to do your best to turn away from that sin (repent),
3. accept that Jesus Christ died on the cross taking your punishment for your sins,
4. ask Him to forgive you and come into you heart and life as your Savior and Lord.
...period

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
There are a few of those folks who think they can walk all over other people without any consequences. Makes you wonder how they get by in real life. I still don't know what they get out of it. All I can figure is that they are mentally off to be able to enjoy drama all the time. They always have to be fighting with somebody, anybody. And if there isn't anything to fight over they just make something up or just attack people for no reason. And you know what the real kicker is? Some people who are like that day in and day out claim to be a Christian. That is the biggest joke of all. The bad thing is they fool some people into believing that they are a Christian then those people look at them and think well if that is what Christianity is all about I sure don't want it! No doubt God is not going to take it lightly when somebody has purposely drug His name through their mud. Being a total abusive psychopath 90% of the time then Jesus talk the other 10% of the time doesn't amount to anything but a big fat lie. And you know, a lot of those people know very well what the bible SAYS, but they don't know the one that it came from. They are going to be MUCH worse off come judgement day than somebody that has never even layed eyes on a bible! God does remind us that He will not be mocked.
I agree with what you say, but I try to "turn the other cheek" and hope that if I do not respond with anger, even if it is justified, I have a 50-50 chance of the individual getting more civil. I have usually been successful with this course of action, but if abuse continues after I have "offered the olive branch" then I will just ignore that individual. Granted, I have fallen off the wagon a few times and responded sarcastically, but I don't believe that it really helps the situation. I'm no coward, but sometimes it is not worth getting upset about.
W KY Girl

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Really, there's no need to question someones relationship with God. I'm sure He has "exclusions" of some sort for people with mental health and anger issues that they can't seem to control for whatever reason... Some preachers would call it being demon possessed. Personally I don't know what's wrong with people like that. If I did, I'd surely be able to list a lot of people who could use the cure.
:)
Who knows how He'll deal with people at the end of their day, when their 'life ticket' hits the top of the stack of the Creators time clock.
As for the here and now, that's their problem. Not mine.
Hi Nope. Honestly, we are told in the bible to check people out and they should check us out in this regard. Othwise you have people even right in the church working for the devil, causing nothing but turmoil and at the same time claiming to belong to God.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

SO true. This forum is certainly nothing so drastic as to let it ruin your day.

We only get one chance at life. It's a given that we'll surely hit some major speed bumps along the way. But it's how you choose to drive over them that makes all the difference.

We can choose to barrel over those speed bumps in life and get even more angry, or we can cautiously travel on in our journey after we've learned how to watch for other nasty obstacles...
It's always our own choice to make.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Nope. Honestly, we are told in the bible to check people out and they should check us out in this regard. Othwise you have people even right in the church working for the devil, causing nothing but turmoil and at the same time claiming to belong to God.
This is certainly true. But I'm not one to dwell on matters of discontent.

It's very easy to 'figure' people out.. If someone is toxic, I avoid them. If someone is beneficial to my happiness, I embrace them. I think, I reason, and then I move on as my heart tells me to.

There is only so much that can be done with toxic people.. The rest is out of our hands. I choose to let them wallow in their own poisons after they've avoided attempts to help them find peace.
W KY Girl

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with what you say, but I try to "turn the other cheek" and hope that if I do not respond with anger, even if it is justified, I have a 50-50 chance of the individual getting more civil. I have usually been successful with this course of action, but if abuse continues after I have "offered the olive branch" then I will just ignore that individual. Granted, I have fallen off the wagon a few times and responded sarcastically, but I don't believe that it really helps the situation. I'm no coward, but sometimes it is not worth getting upset about.
You know what, I agree with you a lot but there is another side to that. A few short weeks ago "some people" were giving AB pure hell. I wasn't real sure what was going on and thought there might be something that had gone on to cause it. I hate to put it this way but I wondered if MAYBE she had done something to ask for it. I did not know so I stayed out of it. But HONESTLY, I could see that it was EXTREMELY UNFAIR and they were just being bullies. But still I kept my mouth shut. Now for no reason I am the object of their bullying. What's that saying, "they came for so and so but it didn't affect me so I didn't say anything, then they came for somebody else but it didn't affect me so again I didn't say anything, then they came for ME and there wasn't anybody left to stand up with me." I was wrong in not saying anything! If everybody would stand up to bullies their bullying wouldn't be so simple and they might actually stop. Even in the schools today, they are teaching kids that if they see another kid being bullied that they should step in and not ignore it. It is said that if you don't step in and help the person you are just as guilty as the bully. There has always been bullying and there always will be but it has got so bad that a lot of children have committed suicide over it, A LOT of them! And even adults have committed suicide over internet bullying. It is not in any way a joke. And not to mention the kids who are bullied so bad and they get so full of rage that they end up going to school and killing a bunch of people.
W KY Girl

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>
I only say what I believe to be true and never intentionally offend or attack anyone. The only thing that can be considered false about me is my name changing, and I do this for good reason, just ask Imposter...and since everyone knows I do this, even this is now a well-known truth.
I believe it was just yesterday that you were telling Una that you were a bully too. Honestly, it is nothing to aspire to do or brag about!
W KY Girl

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Really, there's no need to question someones relationship with God. I'm sure He has "exclusions" of some sort for people with mental health and anger issues that they can't seem to control for whatever reason... Some preachers would call it being demon possessed. Personally I don't know what's wrong with people like that. If I did, I'd surely be able to list a lot of people who could use the cure.
:)
Who knows how He'll deal with people at the end of their day, when their 'life ticket' hits the top of the stack of the Creators time clock.
As for the here and now, that's their problem. Not mine.
Nope, a true Christian can not be demon possessed. When a person accepts Jesus Christ they are a changed person. God can cure anyone's anger issues.
W KY Girl

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is certainly true. But I'm not one to dwell on matters of discontent.
It's very easy to 'figure' people out.. If someone is toxic, I avoid them. If someone is beneficial to my happiness, I embrace them. I think, I reason, and then I move on as my heart tells me to.
There is only so much that can be done with toxic people.. The rest is out of our hands. I choose to let them wallow in their own poisons after they've avoided attempts to help them find peace.
Very true! Some people refuse to be happy. lol
pucker

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

On October 13,2012. My wife & I went fishing at the low water bridge just past H.C.H.S. There were hundreds of dead fish. I don't know what caused it but, it was weird.I took photos.I reported it to the dept. of fish & wildlife.Still don't know.I did'nt know if Ishould say anything or not.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, a true Christian can not be demon possessed. When a person accepts Jesus Christ they are a changed person. God can cure anyone's anger issues.
That Christian however, has to work daily to keep their heart right with God. You can't just accept him and let your guard down. It takes daily "communion" with Him within your soul. And I'm not talking about the type of communion that uses wine and a wafer, LOL!
(Not meaning to make light of it, either)...

I agree fully that He can remove anger issues from people. But He can't help those who are unwilling to accept His help. You have to WANT that help, and you have to CHOOSE to accept His blessings. He forces Himself on no human being. Those are OUR choices to make. That's also why I believe He has exclusions for those who are mentally ill.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it was just yesterday that you were telling Una that you were a bully too. Honestly, it is nothing to aspire to do or brag about!
That was not the poster that normally uses the "imposter" moniker, which is why it is not good to use other's normal identities. It leads readers to draw a different conclusion about the character and belief system of the wrong person.
Girl w KY

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to bully those who bully others because I had a really bad experience being bullied as a child which I will never forget. I think most on here will agree that Una was the bully who hijacked this thread and he only said I was a bully because I bullied him back.
W KY Girl

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not the poster that normally uses the "imposter" moniker, which is why it is not good to use other's normal identities. It leads readers to draw a different conclusion about the character and belief system of the wrong person.
Hi AW. You're right. It was "what's his name." I thing "Legion" fits as a name for him because "he is many...names." But "Legion" is not nice so he needs to pick his own name. But you're right, it wasn't Imposter, it was the other guy. Some people thrive on confusion and drama.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Girl w KY wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to bully those who bully others because I had a really bad experience being bullied as a child which I will never forget. I think most on here will agree that Una was the bully who hijacked this thread and he only said I was a bully because I bullied him back.
Why then do you support his sidekick?

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things. But I am curious why you would side with one, yet not the other. If what you say is genuinely true, then you've just flagrantly contradicted yourself.
W KY Girl

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Girl w KY wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that. I hate the fact that some people love hurting other people for no reason. I think it is petty and weak! As a kid I would beat the crap out of them but when you come of age it is a little more difficult to give them what they deserve because you very well might have jail time to face. I have had to put up with some on the job because of that. They know they have you in a spot. A psychopath is so conniving and manipulative that they can get by with a lot! Oh yes I know a Christian is supposed to be so peaceful and never fight. I am peaceful but I'm not Jesus!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Too often people take disagreements with the contents of their posts as some type of personal attack or bullying and they are ready to pounce at the first shake of the bushes.

You folks have a good night, I am off to go have some birthday cake and ice cream (not my Birthday). LOL
Open

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why then do you support his sidekick?
Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things. But I am curious why you would side with one, yet not the other. If what you say is genuinely true, then you've just flagrantly contradicted yourself.
I sense honesty in Imposter, with Una I am not quite convinced due to his vacillating character. His crass comments and obvious mockery of religion contrasting with moments of civility and intelligence makes for an enigmatic character. In all honesty, I think he's a phony and don't trust him for a second even when he tries to be nice.
Chris T

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the bible, the ONLY way to be a Christian is to:
1. realize you are a sinful person,
2. be willing to do your best to turn away from that sin (repent),
3. accept that Jesus Christ died on the cross taking your punishment for your sins,
4. ask Him to forgive you and come into you heart and life as your Savior and Lord.
...period
My way is a lot simpler
Bully

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what, I agree with you a lot but there is another side to that. A few short weeks ago "some people" were giving AB pure hell. I wasn't real sure what was going on and thought there might be something that had gone on to cause it. I hate to put it this way but I wondered if MAYBE she had done something to ask for it. I did not know so I stayed out of it. But HONESTLY, I could see that it was EXTREMELY UNFAIR and they were just being bullies. But still I kept my mouth shut. Now for no reason I am the object of their bullying. What's that saying, "they came for so and so but it didn't affect me so I didn't say anything, then they came for somebody else but it didn't affect me so again I didn't say anything, then they came for ME and there wasn't anybody left to stand up with me." I was wrong in not saying anything! If everybody would stand up to bullies their bullying wouldn't be so simple and they might actually stop. Even in the schools today, they are teaching kids that if they see another kid being bullied that they should step in and not ignore it. It is said that if you don't step in and help the person you are just as guilty as the bully. There has always been bullying and there always will be but it has got so bad that a lot of children have committed suicide over it, A LOT of them! And even adults have committed suicide over internet bullying. It is not in any way a joke. And not to mention the kids who are bullied so bad and they get so full of rage that they end up going to school and killing a bunch of people.
I think you will notice that they have quit bullying her and have reformed their ways. They're even nice to her now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,181 - 68,200 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance