Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#80989 Jan 5, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Good Mornrn Everyone! A few nights ago I posted a Hello to Everyone a got zero responses...I'm not sure what that means.
It was to Everyone!
As we begin a new year it also looks kind of new around here. It sure seems like a nicer place to visit. I hope the new year has started off nicely for everyone!
Being that bygones are bygones I hope we All find and continue to share a Great Fellowship!
I would like to share a few stories this weekend, that is if and when I find the time.
Again, Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!
UNA FARTER, can we agree that bygones are bygones and then refer to the above?
Hi Blueminer. Happy New Year to you. I must of missed that post while scrolling. I just scroll to the good posts now and am grateful I don't have to fight with anyone. Had plenty. I like it when we are all being nice. Hoping the spirit of the holidays continue to bring out the best in people.
We would love to hear your stories. Have you been trucking all over the country? Did you get into that snow mess? Glad your still kicking. I was wondering what happen to you. Welcome back.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#80991 Jan 5, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Teddy. I seen where it wouldn't be hitting Hawaii or California. That HAARP probably caused it. lol
Thank you, I did have a good day today. It was great to get out and get some fresh air and a slight hint of warmth. By the weekend we may see almost 60 degrees. I like that. I hope you had a good day too.
That's good that it won't be hitting several states. Oh you bet I can go for those 60's. Lol. Have a good remainder of the weekend.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81001 Jan 5, 2013
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend brought his electric 5 ton splitter over yesterday to help split up all my cut maple. My skeptical side was gone after a few minutes. The little bugger split up even the gnarly twisted peices with ease and we had two huge piles of split wood in a few hours. I'm sold on it and for 300 bucks,,, can't beat that with a hickory stick. I was getting a gas one this spring until this little electric chewed up all that wood so easily.
Oh Yeah, Hemp. Those work just fine with one hitch.. you can't take them to the woods LOL Some I had to split had diameters of 3 feet or more and hardly no way to move without splitting out in the woods first. Definitely, a splitter is a back saver over a sledge, wedge, and axe; but there is still plenty of exercise in moving the big logs and loading the splitter. I split a heaping pick up truck load today in less than 3 hours. All it required was a 2 hour nap after I got home LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81002 Jan 5, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Sybil, you could pass it off better as W KY Girl, she doesn't make any sense either.
I see his idea to use my name has already been deleted. LOL It probably would do him no good to post with my moniker anyways. I have been on here long enough that even the Mods should know that the Ancient Wolf does not agree with 75% or more of his posts. LOL
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#81006 Jan 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Yeah, Hemp. Those work just fine with one hitch.. you can't take them to the woods LOL Some I had to split had diameters of 3 feet or more and hardly no way to move without splitting out in the woods first. Definitely, a splitter is a back saver over a sledge, wedge, and axe; but there is still plenty of exercise in moving the big logs and loading the splitter. I split a heaping pick up truck load today in less than 3 hours. All it required was a 2 hour nap after I got home LOL
In the end it's all work. This was my first experience with a splitter that did not always go ummmph after splitting. I can see the versatility of a gas one even though I do have a generator. I don't forsee splitting anything that I have not cut to fireplace lenght anyway. One think I do know, I will have a splitter this spring even it's so dang ugly I have to name it uni.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#81007 Jan 5, 2013
What ever happened to "Honey Badger", I think she was sweet on me, but dissappeared. Must of been my smoker, the smell and flavor brings em in, the clean up drives them away. bummer.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81009 Jan 5, 2013
@Hemp. But even at fireplace length, a 3 foot diameter piece is quite an undertaking for an old dude. LOL There is no chance that I could lift one that size, just roll it into place. But when it is split, it makes lots of nice pieces.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#81010 Jan 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Hemp. But even at fireplace length, a 3 foot diameter piece is quite an undertaking for an old dude. LOL There is no chance that I could lift one that size, just roll it into place. But when it is split, it makes lots of nice pieces.
True that. I have a massive red oak out back that is leaning way over and it finally did not leaf out this year so that one is in my gun sites. I'd guess it's close to three feet, my back says it's ten feet, lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81011 Jan 5, 2013
You ever watch "Axe Men"? Carrying those big 48" bar chain saws with the blades strung over their shoulders. Uh UH Not Me.. LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#81012 Jan 5, 2013
I've watched that "Axe Men" show before. It makes me nervous watching some of the dangerous things that happen on there. Man, those guys have some guts and brawn..

That show called "Bering Sea Gold" makes me nervous too..
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#81013 Jan 5, 2013
After being out in the fresh air working today, I think I will turn in early and "saw some logs" lol Good Night.

#81014 Jan 5, 2013
Goodnight, AW. Sleep well.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#81045 Jan 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Dear Lord, AW. Don't work so hard that you get a heart attack on us. That would be truly tragic.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#81046 Jan 5, 2013
Good Evening all. How's it been here??
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#81047 Jan 5, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Lord, AW. Don't work so hard that you get a heart attack on us. That would be truly tragic.
Hi lala, that truly would be. I hope he continues to bring joy and happiness to people for years to come. I hope he gets to enjoy the homestead he worked so hard for. I think he sneaked in here and sawed a fence row of posts. lol Wow, between you and Nope is a major gap.
Imposter

Richmond, KY

#81050 Jan 5, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Sybil, you could pass it off better as W KY Girl, she doesn't make any sense either.
do you think she's a mod? Always polite and avoids any controversial discussion...sure sign of a mod.
Ancient Wolf

Richmond, KY

#81051 Jan 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I see his idea to use my name has already been deleted. LOL It probably would do him no good to post with my moniker anyways. I have been on here long enough that even the Mods should know that the Ancient Wolf does not agree with 75% or more of his posts. LOL
if I get nice nice like you and talk about everyday life and don't use profanity or insults, why would they delete me? I know your syntax fairly well and could imitate you quite easily.
W KY Girl

Richmond, KY

#81052 Jan 5, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Good Evening all. How's it been here??
Been pretty peaceful and civil here tonight, hoping that the mods go away and leave us be.

#81053 Jan 5, 2013
Seems to be almost too peaceful.
birds dying

Elkhart, IN

#81067 Jan 5, 2013
Have they ever thought about all the active meth labs and the fumes from those escaping as a cause of the birds dropping dead from the skies?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) 3 hr ForumCommando 63
KFC yum! center 3 hr ForumCommando 24
Review: Pettit Environmental 3 hr Angry Customer 1
In Search Of "Just Because" a Louisville underg... 4 hr In Search Of 1
Review - Dr Corbett plastic surgeon 5 hr Krissy 1
Grade lane hit and run (Travis Christy)This is ... (Nov '12) 9 hr defeated 144
Cody Rumbaugh 10 hr sad 2
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web