Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,402)

Showing posts 68,021 - 68,040 of81,232
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
WOW

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80846
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hasnt this been on here long enough!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80847
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I have never found any point in arguing or debating with an Atheist. King Solomon advised strongly against engaging such activities with a fool.

If one is to believe the Holy Scriptures, it is plainly stated therein; The fool has said in their there is no God, for even the devils believe and tremble.

Atheists just like to argue and get attention. It's always the fairy tale business they bring up. The only thing I haven't figured out is, are they trying to convince themselves or someone else, there isn't a Creator?

I see no sense in trying to force anything upon anyone. Take it or leave it. It's everybody's free will and choice.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80850
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I am on fixed income and go to the store once a month and get enough items to have pizza once each week.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80851
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WOW wrote:
Hasnt this been on here long enough!
Yes it has and not a bird in sight. Now go to bed. OK, OK, your sippy cup first, then it's off to bed.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80855
Jan 4, 2013
 
West KY Girl wrote:
Hey AW. I was asking you before, how does they Layena do in a bird feeder?
The Layena pellets may be too big for a regular bird feeder (I don't know), but the Layena crumbles will work. I have a plastic one gallon feeder that I use for baby chicks and when it is not used for that purpose I fill it about 1/2 full and hang it up for the birds.

I start the baby chicks on crumbles and move them up to pellets at about 8 weeks, so I always have left over crumbles from my 50 pound bag to give to the birds. The crumbles are about like some really coarse corn meal. The pellets are about 1/2 the size of a grain of corn. Scratch grains which contain cracked corn and millet would probably be good too and much cheaper than straight bird feed. A 50 pound bag of scratch grains is about $15.
W KY Girl

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80857
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The Layena pellets may be too big for a regular bird feeder (I don't know), but the Layena crumbles will work. I have a plastic one gallon feeder that I use for baby chicks and when it is not used for that purpose I fill it about 1/2 full and hang it up for the birds.
I start the baby chicks on crumbles and move them up to pellets at about 8 weeks, so I always have left over crumbles from my 50 pound bag to give to the birds. The crumbles are about like some really coarse corn meal. The pellets are about 1/2 the size of a grain of corn. Scratch grains which contain cracked corn and millet would probably be good too and much cheaper than straight bird feed. A 50 pound bag of scratch grains is about $15.
Thank you AW. I believe I will try one of them. Regular feed is too high. Birds had my feeders covered today!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80858
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Hello fellow bird threaders. Hope you had a great day.

My calendar just rolled over to 1/5/13 and that makes it our 2 year bird threading anniversary. lol

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger
Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.
Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer
MURRAY, Ky.- State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

May they rest in peace.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80860
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Early flu season accelerates; no peak yet, CDC says
The nation’s early flu season continued to grow in the U.S. this week, with no sign yet of a peak in the spread of coughing, achy, feverish illness, health officials said Friday.

As of the week ending Dec. 29, 2,257 people had been hospitalized with flu, and 18 children had died from complications of the illness, CDC reported.

“It’s about five weeks ahead of the average flu season,” said Lyn Finelli, lead of the surveillance and response team that monitors influenza for the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.“We haven’t seen such an early season since 2003 to 2004.”

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/04/16...

On the news today they said their was a man in Northern Kentucky listed as the first death from the flu in our state. Be careful.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80861
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Good night folks.
Amos McCoy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80864
Jan 4, 2013
 
Abeliever wrote:
Early flu season accelerates; no peak yet, CDC says
The nation’s early flu season continued to grow in the U.S. this week, with no sign yet of a peak in the spread of coughing, achy, feverish illness, health officials said Friday.
As of the week ending Dec. 29, 2,257 people had been hospitalized with flu, and 18 children had died from complications of the illness, CDC reported.
“It’s about five weeks ahead of the average flu season,” said Lyn Finelli, lead of the surveillance and response team that monitors influenza for the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.“We haven’t seen such an early season since 2003 to 2004.”
http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/04/16...
On the news today they said their was a man in Northern Kentucky listed as the first death from the flu in our state. Be careful.
I just hope we don't get bird or swine flue
W KY Girl

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80866
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The serial bully...is emotionally retarded with an arrested level of emotional development; whilst language and intellect may appear to be that of an adult, the bully displays the emotional age of a five-year-old
W KY Girl

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80867
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The serial bully
...is a control freak and has a compulsive need to control everyone and everything you say, do, think and believe; for example, will launch an immediate personal attack attempting to restrict what you are permitted to say if you start talking knowledgeably about psychopathic personality or antisocial personality disorder in their presence - but aggressively maintains the right to talk (usually unknowledgeably) about anything they choose; serial bullies despise anyone who enables others to see through their deception and their mask of sanity

...is spiritually dead although may loudly profess some religious belief or affiliation
W KY Girl

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80869
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Off to dream land...Goodbye Earls. LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

And goodnite all you sane descent people.:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80871
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>OJG said the same thing around a year ago. You guys must have a lot in common; passive/aggressive behavior, very good grammar, tendencies to psychoanalyze strangers, both have VERY long winded syntax, both have fancy overseas connections ...are you two sisters or something?
I remember you said: "He knows I'm not OJG", in a reply to AB. so will you give me a yes or no? Are you OJG? I remember everything about everything LOLOLOOOOOLLOLOOOOOOOLOLO stuff like that too. You're like some kind of twilight zone mirror image of OJG if not one in the same.
If one looks solely at speech, actions, and life-styles or similarities in times or thought patterns when visiting this thread; it would be real easy to assume that a single poster has multiple ids. I sometimes wonder if you and Una are brothers or mirror images. LOLLOL

But when I focus away from similarities and think about the differences; I think, No that Twilight Zone mirror has a crack. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80872
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Imposter wrote:
I just dropped in to say that I have seen avian (that is birds KY Girl, from the Latin avis) of many species (that is from the Latin species lol meaning abbreviation disambiguation... KY Girl) merrily flying all around the shack today.
Now answer me Ky Girl...yes or no, and I'll stop pestering you. Deal?
Are you or are you not, in fact, OJG?
You may remember a lot of things, but she has said "NO" once on here already. It is difficult to listen when one is talking. LOL It might have been during one of your upset spells. LOL

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80873
Jan 5, 2013
 
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@OGlala.. when you first mentioned "To Hell and Back", I thought you were referencing the old Audie Murphy movie. LOL
LOL, No, it was the video that W KY Girl Suggested. That movie is OLD. You might catch it still on satellite T.V. I watched an old, old movie, probably from the 1930's to help me get to sleep one night.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80874
Jan 5, 2013
 
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>OJG said the same thing around a year ago. You guys must have a lot in common; passive/aggressive behavior, very good grammar, tendencies to psychoanalyze strangers, both have VERY long winded syntax, both have fancy overseas connections ...are you two sisters or something?
I remember you said: "He knows I'm not OJG", in a reply to AB. so will you give me a yes or no? Are you OJG? I remember everything about everything LOLOLOOOOOLLOLOOOOOOOLOLO stuff like that too. You're like some kind of twilight zone mirror image of OJG if not one in the same.
They are not the same. I keep in touch with OJG throught e-mail, and she has not posted lately. Hopefully she will, when she gets her move completed. Just because two people have good syntax and semantic use of language, it doesn't mean that they are one and the same. Mystery cleared.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80875
Jan 5, 2013
 
Good morning, everyone. I was up with the chickens today and now I'm ready for a little nap. Be in later, and have a good day.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80876
Jan 5, 2013
 
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, No, it was the video that W KY Girl Suggested. That movie is OLD. You might catch it still on satellite T.V. I watched an old, old movie, probably from the 1930's to help me get to sleep one night.
I like the old movies, even the old black and whites. My favorite has to be Humphrey Bogart and Katharine Hepburn in "The African Queen". You have to like that grouchy sailor and his feisty passenger and their constant bickering yet caring about each other.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80879
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oh another cold morning. There's a nice little red bird sitting on my feeder. Sweet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 68,021 - 68,040 of81,232
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

53 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gilbert Renfrow 6 min realtalk 1
Chris Fitzner 45 min Damon 1
Would you live in the black infested west end? (Apr '09) 1 hr White Man 58
Downtown Assaults By Group of Teens (3/22/14) 1 hr black facts 466
maddie yates 3 hr ALSO CURIOUS 5
Miley Cyrus Cancels Dates With Nashville, Louis... 4 hr wuKing 5
Teen acquitted of stepbrother's murder faces ne... 4 hr LouisvilleKYreport 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••